Saturday...4/4/2020

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by frostythesnowman, Apr 4, 2020.

1. frostythesnowman

frostythesnowman Active Member

Good morning everyone...Hope everyone is all well today...Its a dull and cloudy day here today...Just back from supermarket to get essentials for my parents and ourselves...Going to take the gals out for there daily exercise then maybe do some baking when we get back home...Enjoy your day ahead peeps:)

2. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Morning all MHHers

I put in a bakery order to be delivered but it looks like I have to go pick it up. No problem since they deliver it to my car trunk once I pull up.

Nice sunny day here. Should be in the 40s today. We still have snow covering the yard but not the streets. Should be gone by this afternoon unless it clouds up.

Nothing on my schedule today. Dh says he's doing his laundry and DD is working on fishing up her fish bowl project. She is done with the yarn part. Just needs to put the pieces together. I have to see if we have photo to put inside the two pieces.

Yesterday when Dh was out and about I asked him to get a transition piece for where I took out the wall in the game room. Needed to be one made for a flat floor to carpet. Showed him a picture of what I wanted on the website. He took a photo. I carefully said do not get one that is smooth on both sides. So of course he didn't pay any attention. Once he was home with the wrong piece he tried to show me on the label that it said goes from flat flooring to carpet and of course it wasn't on the label He said he'd go back. Of course this was my project for today. No telling when he will go back and I do not want to go out on a weekend. Maybe I'll go next week.

Enjoy your day at home. Do something to decorate your home today. And put something to bake/cook to make your home smell nice.

luludou likes this.
  3. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good morning to all. fixed coffee now watching king and queens show. later going in the attic to find a couple things missing from my easter collection. still going to decorate just bc im home. chilly out have agood day

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  4. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Morning, Everybody!

Just got out of the shower a bit ago, and here I am! I am gonna practice making masks. Norm called this a.m. and asked if I could make him a couple. Jay might want some, too. I should have some for the neighbors too.

Last night, John said the place he works for is cutting him back to M-Th. Giving him the three busiest days off, and he will not make enough to live on. I think he is one of the longest employees that has been there. I think he would go back on nights if he could have those three nights! But people really are cutting back. I guess pizza is one if them.

We got Taco bell last night, and watched another episode of Fringe. I am hooked on that show. I got groceries yesterday, and next to jelly donuts, I have been wanting lemon meringue pie. Praise the Lord! Walmart had two. I bought one, and that was our dessert. Was it ever good! Why yes, it was!

Need to put away my remaining groceries after I get dressed. And then set up the card table and sewing machine to try the masks.

Jay doesn't think he has C-19. The not knowing for certain is driving me crazy. But I will trust in the Lord.

Jane, praying that you heal quickly and painlessly. Bless your heart.
    Amelia, hope you find your Easter decor.
    Diedra, your DH cracks me up.
    Frosty, glad you are getting some decent weather. What will be baking in the UK today?

Better get busy. Have a blessed day, and be safe!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  5. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

Woke up to another migraine this morning, guess it's that time that i'm going to get a few days of migraines. Really stinks though. I have my pill in my pocket and will take it shortly. I was waiting to see if it would get better when I got out of bed. Sometimes when I am laying down in bed it is worse and gets a little better when I get up. Nope. I'll take my meds and be better in a bit. It looks like it could rain but I see the sun shining. I told DH we should probably set up the inflatable pool today because there's more of a chance for rain tomorrow on Eli's birthday, so he may be able to enjoy it more today. Heck, I might even get out in it to get some sun. We can leave it up and use it again tomorrow if the rain holds off for a while.

I need to wrap presents and bake a cake today for tomorrow. We have 4 cars that will drive by, hopefully around the same time, tomorrow. I said 1 p.m. so it would be nice if they all showed up at the same time like an actual parade. Two of them will come together but the other two don't know each other or the rest of the people, so we'll see. It doesn't matter, we'll just hang on the porch until everyone comes through. It's something that I think he'll enjoy. We'll get McDonalds for dinner per his request, milkshakes as well as long as their machine isn't down. :rolleyes:

Frosty- What are you baking today? Stay well friend!
    Diedra- That's nice that you can do that and not have contact.
    Faye- You should decorate and enjoy it to the fullest!
    Pam- We used to watch Fringe when it was on. Sorry for John.

Enjoy your day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  6. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Tell us more about the gals, when you said you were taking them for a walk by the bay, it sounded lovely.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  7. frostythesnowman

Good afternoon/evening peeps...Hope everyone is having a good days so far...I live a stone through away from the sea Pam soo we have a lovely coastal walk right on our doorstep..Must admit its pretty horrid in the winter but gorgeous scenery for walking around...Mrs soup the gals and I made Priory biscuits its basically oats and Syrup but a super yummy snack lol...Its a recipe that my gran used many years ago....I also made our Christmas fav dessert Lime Cheesecake its sooo tangy Mrs Soup i am pretty sure you and your family would adore...Gonna watch a movie later with my wife once the kids are bedded maybe even sip at a glass of wine lol...Enjoy the rest of your day/evening ahead peeps...Please stay safe and healthy:)

Ahorsesoul and MrsSoup like this.
  8. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Afternoon!
    Frosty the lime cheesecake and the priory biscuits sure sound good. I'd love to live bye the sea... we are so far from it here.

Still having back problems but less so this morning. Finished deep-cleaning kitchenette, only thing left will be the cabinets but those I do in Autumn (nearer to Christmas). Also washed luminaries and woodwork in the bathroom. Clothes are washed and on clothesline as well as my bedding (I went to bed cold last night, think I had a small fever and it broke during the night - much better this morning). DH is in his garage working on a baby sleigh we had under the porche for years!!! he finally decided to sand it, repaint and repair it.

This morning was watching some things on FB and for no reason had a small meltdown, I think this covid-19 thing is affecting me more than I thought.

DS came by before lunch, we stayed away - social distancing but he picked up stuff to paint at his house and dh gave him 2 plastic shelving units for his garage. when I saw him it was all I could to not cry, geez I feel very emotional today.

Lunch and dishes are done. dh is back in the garage. I'll either go vaccum or wash the bathrom and IF the sun comes out, I'll be sitting on the patio and reading.

Ahorsesoul and frostythesnowman like this.
  9. frostythesnowman

Hey luludou...Hope your back problems ease soon my friend...Yeah covid 19 is starting to affect my twin gals luludou...They havnt visited there grandma and grandad in over 10 days as they are both in isolation for 12 weeks becuase they both have medical conditions...please stay safe and healthy my friend.

luludou and Ahorsesoul like this.
  10. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! Sunny and getting warmer again.

Another day of no plans. Walked Buffy, worked on my puzzle and am planning on finishing my book today - Wild by Cheryl Strayed - pretty eh - and now I think I will knit and try to find a show to watch on Netflix.

DH does even less than I do which is amazing!

I did make a French Silk Pie yesterday but was disappointed because it was not chocolaty enough for me. So I put it in pudding cups and I can pour chcolate syrup on it.

Lucie - I have periodical meltdowns too. I guess it's the new normal
    Frosty - what a lovely walk that must have been
    Diedra - husbands are such strange creatures
    Pam - sorry for John but glad that DS does not have the virus
    Jess - hope the migraines go away. Tell Eli he will be having a "unique" birthday that he will always remember
    Hello Faye

frostythesnowman and Ahorsesoul like this.
  11. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hello, everyone. I'm thankful all of you are still ok. The patient we were exposed to is now in ICU, on a ventilator and not doing well. He's 88 years old. We're past the two week exposure time to him. Who knows if the 14 days is accurate? I hate this feeling of fear I have at every cough, sneeze, or blowing of my nose.

Other than watching television, I'm not doing much. I have a Bible app on my phone. I've been reading it. My Bible is so big, I can't handle it well with one hand. I would really love a long, hot bath, but I don't think I could get out using just one hand.

We have a grocery order at Walmart tomorrow. I ordered an angel food cake mix. I'll cook it tomorrow with DH's help.

It's sputtering rain off and on here today. Nothing outside for us today.

Stay well, everyone.

Ahorsesoul and frostythesnowman like this.
  12. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Slept in a little since I stayed up so late last night. Added a few comments to threads here, checked email and Facebook and then went straight to the garage, in my robe, to move things around so I can put the car in there. That way when I leave the house at 5:30am on Monday, I don't run the risk of the windows being frozen. My back is bothering me a little so I just pushed things around with my knees or feet, didn't pick anything up. I think I've got it sorted now so when I take a shower, I will move the car. Finished the Hallmark movie I started last night, Christmas at Grand Valley. I have Sling so it was an On Demand movie from the Hallmark Channel. So lovely, small town with all the trimmings and a love story of course. More scrapbooking on the agenda this afternoon, December Daily 2019 is close to being finished.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  13. girlsinmo

girlsinmo Well-Known Member

Good day everyone. I haven't had much to say lately. Been spending time in prayer and staying informed while trying to keep our spirits up. Some days are better than others. Our DD & her by came over today & put us supplies on our porch & back away as we carried them in. Add me to the meltdown group. I posted about it on my FB page.I have to remember We are doing our part to keep others & ourselves safe.

Have a good day all. You're in my prayers..

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  14. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Vaccumed main floor and remade my bed. folded laundry and emptied dishwasher. Went for a long walk with dh.
    ... guess we won't be seeing dd for quite some time... more restrictions (see coronavirus discussion).
    I'm glad we have FTime

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  15. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

I have regular mini meltdowns with tears over random things...it is what it is. DH set up the pool this morning and Eli and I had a great time in it. Eli spent hours in it and is now back inside. I originally went out in shorts and a t-shirt and put a chair by the side and just put my feet and part of my legs over into the water but then I started getting hot so decided to come in and get my suit on and some sunscreen. I sat in the pool for quite a while and hung out. DD came out and just stood in the pool for a bit and splashed around with Eli. DH sat in a chair in the shade.

Today is Perry's birthday so him and Tank got bones. My throat is hurting again so i'm just taking it easy. I will make Eli's cake later this evening. I have a pot pie in the oven for my lunch and then I may take a nap. I took a mini nap a bit ago. If I don't take a nap then i'll make a cup of coffee and read. Being outside made me tired though. DH is bored out of his mind and has no idea what to do with himself. I'm more than happy to just read or relax, find something to do around the house. Having nothing to do is killing him.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  16. piratemamaof3boys

piratemamaof3boys Well-Known Member

Evening all. We took the dog on a walk in the morning and again just now. DH and I dropped stuff off at good will this morning, grabbed fast food breakfast, got a few things at Food Lion and got my free dozen birthday doughnuts plus one more from Krispy Kreme. We are trying to stay in the next 2 weeks (minus my grocery order for Monday)
    We will celebrate at least 3 if not 4 of our 5 birthdays in quarantine.
    Got to Zoom with 3 of my cousins today and plan to with some friends later in the week. Maybe I will with my parents next

Have a good evening

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  17. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

Hello. It's a nice warm, sunny day. Kind of windy though.

Dh decided to get an ear infection. His ear is red, and it and the side of his face & neck are swollen. I don't know how that happened, but he asked me to bring him to QuickCare. The nurse is sitting outside the building with all her paraphernalia - clipboard & paperwork, thermometer, mask. No visitors allowed, so I'm waiting in the car trying to not cry or hyperventilate. I watched the next 2 patients walk up and I could hear them describe their C19 symptoms to the nurse. One guy left and the other went inside. (Oops, guy #1 came back and just went inside.) When we leave here I know I will have to go to the pharmacy for dh's antibiotic. That's an even bigger stressor as the pharmacy is in the grocery store - unless dh forgets and tells them it's at Walmart. At least at QuickCare you know who is sick.

I'm shocked at the number of people out driving. Wal-Mart's and Sam's parking lots are full, restaurants have a lot of cars in their parking lots, Home Depot is busy. It almost looks like a normal Saturday.

When this outing is finished, I'm going to go home and cut out masks. It would be nice to sew them today so I don't have to worry about going out.

A few days ago dh & I watched "A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood" about Mr. Rogers, with Tom Hanks. I was not disappointed - I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I hope they hurry. I should not have drunk that Diet Pepsi for lunch.

Enjoy your day.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  18. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

It is Day 24 for me not going out amongst people. I have driven to the Bakery twice but didn't get out of the car. They put the goods in the trunk. No family members have called. Older brother sends an genealogy update every week or so. I have emailed with one niece a few times since she lives in NYC suburbs (or at least thats what i would call it but New Yorkers may get upset with me). LC1 and LC3 are will be my only points of contamination other than Dh who thinks he should shop daily. I think the next time he goes to Walmart will be an eyeopener since they started limiting the number of people in the store. You now have lines outside. Dh is not much of a waiter. Should be interesting.

well time for DD to have her meds. Enjoy your evening. Tell a story (or write it down) of a childhood memory.

19. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    Sunday here and last night was the end of daylight savings. Time for the dark grey days of late Autumn. I really need to keep my mood up so that with the weather and the virus I don't fall into too much of a funk. I am one that feels anxious about things so will need to keep on top of things.
    Will finish the spare room today and get ready for the week ahead, work Monday and Tuesday. I will need to do some groceries but will do that on Wednesday so that I am ready for Easter this weekend.

Ahorsesoul likes this.