Saturday Chat 8.11.18

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by teachermomof2, Aug 11, 2018 at 9:08 AM.

1. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good morning! I can't believe I'm the first one here today!

2. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

It's a damp, gray day here in western PA. Temps in the 70s today. Very disappointing.

I got out of bed earlier than usual, made sloppy joes and put them in the crockpot and showered. I'm waiting for my hair to air dry a bit before I dry and style it for the day. That's about it for me.

Hope you all have a lovely day!

3. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon to all. very busy day at work, went to fresh market when i got off got pumpkin bread and a loaf of choc chip banana bread. . love there breads. washed 1 load of clothes and cleaned the bathroom. have a great evening

4. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I got module 4 done yesterday so i'm already done with my goal for this week. One more to go! I may work on the newsletter today since i'm so far ahead with schoolwork. I'm still missing so many bios though. I did figure out what the cover will be so that's good. DH is off to work. He works all day today because they are doing training instead of a class. Tonight we are going to dinner with a MSG that is leaving and some other people as far as I know.

I have some congestion going on that is making me have small headaches. I took some Nyquil tablets last night which helped me sleep better but I still woke up with a slight headache and congestion. I'll take some ibuprofen in a bit and hope that knocks the headache out. I woke up to a bright sunshiny day, something we haven't really had all week. I need to refill the birdfeeder because they have already cleaned it out. I think i'll make some brownies today too.

Enjoy your day!

5. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Good morning. I've been a slacker here this week - I have done a bit of reading but not posting. Shame on me.

I sat with my neighbor this week - she's always cold with the a/c or fan on and demands that I keep the temperature at 80, and I have to turn off the a/c as soon as it turns on - so she falls asleep and I nurse a headache. Then I walk the block home in the 100-plus heat and collapse on the couch. I just have no energy after being out in the heat.

The kiddoes have everything they need to start middle school on Monday. Dsil spent a small fortune on clothes & shoes, backpacks, and all their supplies. I watched him load supplies in backpacks and gave all the appropriate oohs and aahs over the outfits, and then I asked what he has in mind for their lunches. I figured it was a fair question since I fix the lunches. He won't let me prepare bento boxes (which I adore), and even though school lunches are healthy they definitely do not have enough food for pre-teen athletes who train for hours every evening. The poor guy looked at me with a blank stare and then hurried to say that was today's chore...shopping for lunch food. I'm nervous, though, because he seems to think a sandwich is sufficient for lunch...or a corndog. Every so often I get caught adding baby carrots and fruit to their lunch plate.

I had planned a trip to Michael's this morning, but I searched thru my stash and found what I need. Saved some money.

And now I'll get dressed and spend some time crocheting. Have a great day everyone!

teachermomof2 likes this.
  6. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Deb- Why on earth would he not want healthy lunches for the kids? Bento boxes are my dream but I don't have my life together enough for that. You can come move in with me and make my kids and me Bento boxes whenever you want. Haha I would LOVE it!

I have been working on the dreaded newsletter this morning. I worked on what I could right now. I don't want to touch the bios yet until I have all of them because it's going to be like a puzzle putting them all in. DD just got asked to go help babysit so i'm on call to supervise if they decide to take the little one outside. There are so many kids that sometimes they get distracted, so it's good to have an adult in the vicinity. I will take a book or something and just sit and be in the background if necessary.

Off to shower and get presentable for the day.

7. Cathymac2

Cathymac2 Active Member

Hello everyone. I have not had the time or energy to check in much this week. My mom had surgery and i’ve been at the hospital with her. She came home yesterday. My aunt is visiting and “helping”. It’s interesting. My brother got pizza last night for everyone. His kids were over. Tonight I am cooking. Sausages and potatoes. Nothing fancy.
    I will do some reading before I head up there and catch up on what ya’ll have been up to!

8. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Evening all MHHers

Very hot today. Early this morning I headed to the bank and the Farmer's Market. Picked up money at the bank (ours not stolen), found nothing in the veggies at the market but in the Thrift Store Barn I found Christmas ribbons, two plates with Christmas trees on them (for the living room plate rack) and a Witch. They told me it was one to put on a tree. I'm not sure that's what it is. It has a life size wooden (homemade) frame, with the witch outfit with wig and hat. And real looking manikin legs and black heeled boots. And I just remembered it's still on my front porch. Hope no one walks off with it tonight.

Once home I grabbed both Dh and DD to ride around the block. Yesterday when DD and I walked we saw a glass top coffee table for free on the side of the road. It was still there so we came home to bet Dh car to pick it up. We washed it up and put it next to the shed along with a rocking chair. DD thought it was nice. I might have a piece of plexiglass cut for it instead of the glass. Will have to find out a price to decide.

Dh then headed for Menard's and Home Depot for a wagon he wanted since we no longer have a wheelbarrow. Then he filled his car with 10 bags of mulch and 7 bags of manure for the shed garden. While he was gone I let DD on her computer for an hour of supervised time. Which means I have to sit near her so I can see what she is posting or reading. (Please feel free to delete anything she posts on your FB page if you do not like it .Sometime she is a bit weird. I delete anything really strange.)

Once Dh came home we unloaded his truck after he put together his wagon. Cool Gorilla Wagon. DD and I pulled up the rest of the sod in the shed garden. We laid out the plastic edging so it could unroll in the heat. I sprayed around the garden with vinegar to kill any leftover grass. Then I hoed the dirt. Tomorrow we will put out the manure, lay out the landscaping fabric and put in the edging. I think it'll be too hot to do much else. We'll do the plants when I feel like it and then mulch. Oh Dh came home with four trellises so we will have to install then on the shed walls. I have to find a climbing flowering vine that will grow in the shade for one wall.

Prayers to all.

teachermomof2 likes this.