Saturday, December 1st, 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

WELCOME TO DECEMBER!!!!!!

2. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Good morning, everyone!

I don't know what time I finally went to sleep, but when I did, I SLEPT! Thank goodness because it's a day of shopping today. I'm not sure how much I'll get done for myself today, but if I can help Mama knock down most of her list of people, it will be a productive day. I think DD21 and Dniece #1 may go with us, too. DD25 is having to study for a big test on Monday and a comprehensive final on Thursday.

There's a wedding at the church at 5:00 that I need to try to be back for, but if not...oh, well. It's just that time of year. I ran by the reception site yesterday and took some serving dishes and utensils for them to use.

We didn't get any of the bad weather last night that was initially forecast. We did get rain, and it may be a few sits and drizzles today, but that's it.

Lana, whatever you get into today, I hope it's productive.

Have a great day, everyone.

3. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Happy December! It's our month!!

It's warming up here, above freezing, but rain is in the forecast. The guys are hunting...doe are now in season, so I'm thinking they may get something today. Miss M and I have a jam-packed day. We're heading out to grocery shop soon, then home to unload, back out to a baby shower, going to the mall to shop for a dress for M's upcoming Christmas concert, then home to un-decorate from fall and put up Christmas.

I was off yesterday to Christmas shop with J. We took care of most of the items on our list. I have to shop for him, pick up something today for H, and do the rest of the stocking stuffers.

I just paid the week's bills. Now to do my hair and make up and head out the door. Didn't sleep too well. My knee is giving me some pain, enough to wake me up. I was doing very well with it, but the last 2 nights have been tough.

Jane...hope you have a productive day shopping with your Mama!

Have a great day friends!

4. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

We are heading out surfing this morning so it's about time to get everyone up and moving. We need to pack sandwiches because we'll be out there a while. DD's band concert is this evening so she'll need to come home and rest up and get ready for that. Last night at girl scouts they told us about a parade happening this morning that they are marching in, pretty darn short notice. I let them know that the girls wouldn't be there. Maybe if they had mentioned it a couple weeks ago. :rolleyes: Ridiculous! I would have liked to have gone but oh well. All the parades are this weekend which is a week earlier than last year, kinda disappointing. With DD's concert tonight we can't go to the Honolulu lights parade. Bummed about that.

The elves have arrived! Only DD is up so far, actually I hear Eli watching TV in his room, he just hasn't come down yet. I need to check my camera battery and see if it needs to charge before we leave. I'm hoping DH will work on DS's vehicle this weekend. One can hope.

Hi Lana!
    Jane- Have fun shopping!
    Lisa- Sorry your knee is hurting. Did you do anything to aggravate it recently?

Enjoy your day!

5. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Good morning all - by 2 minutes! Sunny now but rain due in later...

DS and DDIL are home safe from their trips and will be out later. Although DS and DH usually make the latkes I will do them today - early - and reheat. Got to make life easy for me. Otherwise gifts are wrapped - for the time being - cheese is warming for the cheese plate - I found the hummus I wanted - the cuke is good for another day - cards (thank you dear friends) are decorating the mantle - the rest is just set up.

DS had said something about tree trimming tomorrow so DH and I might be going into the city.

Jane - enjoy shopping
    Lisa - have a good day shopping
    Lana - it is our month! Enjoy!

6. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

It is raining and at some we have flood warnings until Thursday. I am happy to be inside.

Cleaning up from getting out all the Christmas stuff. I didn't do as much decorating as I thought would to decorate. I am very happy with what I did do and that is what matters most. I think if I had younger children I would do more but DH and I enjoy a relaxing atmosphere with the added
    I have gifts to wrap and I will put them under the tree since DD(29) won't be here for Christmas. We will be celebrating in SD.

It is about time for lunch.

7. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning.
    It is windy here and a little cool. I think that we are having some rain showers but I hope it won't last.

Yesterdays work picnic was nice, there were not too many there which was disappointing. I sent out save the dates in September and everyone replied and then people started dropping out. I suppose it is a busy time of the year. We sat down by our big lake and had picnic food to share. It was mostly vegetarian as one of our families are meat free. I took hommus, sundried tomatoes, olives and mini tortillas to make wraps. It was delicious.

Today I must finish decorating and get the house back into order. I need to vacuum and make lunches for the week. Need to get back onto some sort of eating plan, I ate a lot yesterday, not all bad but a lot.
    Need to pay a few bills and that will be it for me I think.
    Hope that you are all having a great day.

8. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Afternoon all MHHers

We are having one of our first snow storms. We've had some snow before but this one has already put down over an inch in less than an hour. Weather person is calling for 3 to 6 inches. Temps are dropping so the roads will turn icy. If the snow keeps up it will bring a lot more snow than they are predicting. LC1 is having her Christmas party tonight. I hope people do not cancel on her. She lets they stay the night and everyone really enjoys it.

Dh was sent off shopping today. First he went to Walmart. Got everything on the list plus two large puzzles for DGS. I made him take them back. They were only 24 piece puzzles and DGS put a puzzle together on Thanksgiving with 24 pieces in about 15 minutes. So too easy for him. I did teach Dh how to use Walmart pay and how to do the return on his phone. Then he took off for Sam's Club with some returns I had. He picked up printer ink, some shirts for him, shrimp and quarter pound hot dogs. He got home before the snow started so he went out to play with the dog and to toss out grass seed. Now he's happy.

I got lots done while he was gone. Did some decorating, put up a plant light for the outside plants that are having a hard time adjusting to the inside, put on crock-pot scalloped potatoes and ham for dinner and cleaned up some messy hot spots. Oh, shredded a bin of old mail.

DD and I finished off the leftovers from last nights Shrimp Pasta salad for our lunch so that's out the refrigerator. I hate the new refrigerator with a passion. My friend who bought the old one now has another friend who wants a refrigerator like hers since she visited the other day. The old refrigerator I kept really nice and neat this one I open the door and stuff things in. ICK.

Enjoy the rest of the day. Have a nice drink tonight.

9. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Evening! slept well but still stomach issues today. wrapped more this morning with ddil. this afternoon made a rice-sausage casserole, cooked and sliced sausages for the freezer, made a ground beef-veggi-bechamel casserole, freeze more ground meat, made beef patties for supper. cooked a pan of veggies for this week. did tons of dishes. dh had an electrician over most of the day to work in the bathroom.

dh wants to deliver one of my gifts tonight maybe. I would rathr rest but he wants to go out.:rolleyes:

10. sweetpumkinpye

Still morning here and we have achieved a great deal. The tree is all done and looks good. It never looks as good in real life as it does in my imagination. LOL.
    I have decorative bottles on the dining table containing candy canes and kisses and mints. Not sure how long it will last but looks good for now.
    Have finished the Christmas countdown and it is hanging on a big wall in the kitchen. I have ticked most things off my list.
    Not sure what I will get up to this afternoon but am hoping that either a nap or Christmas movie might be on the list.

11. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Evening!

I'm exhausted and had better sleep well tonight! We went to the beach this morning and DD surfed (or attempted to). She never really got up on the board but she sure paddled her heart out. The waves weren't big enough I guess so it was harder. We were there for several hours. I walked along the beach looking for sea glass for quite a while and getting knocked into by the waves and being in the sun really took it out of me. We came home and showered and then DH and I headed out on the bike to the BBQ at the Battalion Commander's house. We stayed for an hour and a half or so. Ate a little and then left to come home. Now we're getting ready to head to DD's Christmas Band Concert. We're bringing her friend with us. I should go get ready but wanted to check in quickly.

12. sweetpumkinpye

A great afternoon here. DDs BF came over and we just sat and chatted. He is very impressed with the tree. I gave him his ornament to put on the tree, he was pleased.
    DD got mulberries from her boss so we made 2 mulberry and apple crumbles. She took one home. I also packed a container full of mince pies, gingerbread, buscuits, truffles and kisses to take home with them.
    It was nice having her here all weekend.
    All the chores are done and I just need to shower, wash my hair and get ready for work.