Saturday December 29, 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by luludou, Dec 29, 2018.

1. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning MHH World

2. luludou

Did not sleep well yet again with sore throat and hot flashes. This morning I feel blah again, oh well, will take tylenols.
    Today is my cleaning day for the main floor before NY's Eve. I've dusted & vacummed my bedroom and office for now and unloaded dishwasher. DH has been breaking ice outside (freezing rain!) and at mil's. He is gone to McD's for breakfast - I did not feel good enough to go.

We have a party tonight - I have to make a cheeseball for that.

Lisa - Congrats to H!

3. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Morning all MHHers

Nothing on the calendar for today.

Woke up snow in the air. Not much but little flakes floating around in the air dusting the deck and the road. Looks very nice from inside. It's cold out.

DS called to inform me he is coming to dinner on NYE. Hmmm. Not sure what he thinks because I am not doing a Birthday party. But I suppose he doesn't want o miss out on the Lobster. I'll finalize the plans today. I'll be doing a Lobster Bake so everything will be in one container to cook. And probably some french bread. Do not think I'll do any dessert since we are always full.

DD is doing something at the kitchen table. I can see her from my computer but can't tell what it is she's doing. Have to think of an excuse to wander down to the kitchen to check it out.

Wishing everyone a great day.

4. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good morning!

It's another gray, damp day. Temp is at 34...with wind gusts. Not much planned for today. I have bills to pay and my parents are coming to visit since I haven't seen them for the holiday due to this darn sickness. I'll probably be better just in time to go to work. :rolleyes:

Lucie...hope you are feeling better soon!
    Hi Diedra!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  5. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

Morning. I had a rough night. My shoulder kept spasming and sending spasms down my back. Chiropractor office opens after the new year... I will be there getting this shoulder fixed.

We might go do some shopping today. Problem is... it is 7 degrees outside. BRRR!!!!

Not much else planned for today. Need to save my energy for tomorrow to take the tree down and box everything back up.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  6. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! It's nice and sunny today and the temperatures are dropping.

I've decided to leave the decorations up for one more day. That should do it for Christmas/Hanukkah for me until 2019.

No plans for today either. Might look through my yarn (went through the patterns last night) and see what I want to take with me. My books are mostly assembled. Must look through my scrapbook stuff too. I kind of feel that I need to move my entire "life" down to FL for three months and then back again. DH wants to leave sometime this week...

Carrie - sorry about your shoulder - chiropractors can do wonders!
    Lucie - could you skip the party tonight and rest up for New Years?
    Lisa - glad you're getting better but sorry that you missed most of your vacation
    Diedra - so what was Vanessa up to? something good, no doubt
    Katrina - glad you enjoyed your ride with DH
    Jess - great beach pics

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  7. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I slept in until after 7 this morning! DH and the kids stayed up late, DH was playing the Switch and the kids were watching. I was sleeping on the couch. haha We went up to bed just after 11 and then fell back to sleep probably around midnight or so. I did some reading last night finally. I have several books I need to finish, just haven't really felt like reading. It's gray here today with rain expected I think. I have a nice bruise on my back from my massage on Thursday. :rolleyes: I'm definitely less sore today so that's nice.

No idea what we're doing today, if anything. DH needs to go fix the bike and bring it home since the parts came in yesterday. I'm going to go jump in the shower as soon as i'm done here. My laundry just got done in the dryer so will take that upstairs with me. I need to make a list for the Commissary and maybe send DH. haha I don't want to go.

Lucie- Feel better!
    Diedra- A drink of water is a good excuse to head to the kitchen. :)
    Lisa- What a long bout of flu you are having! Seems like there are all sorts of things going around all over the place this year. I wonder if you didn't catch a couple different things all at once?
    Carrie- Sorry about your shoulder!
    Debbie- DD asked me the other day to reteach her how to knit. I should set a day to do that here soon. What kinds of things will you make?

Enjoy your day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  8. luludou

Afternoon! feeling a wee-bit better, will talk to dh about leaving earlier tonight.
    Vaccumed and dusted all main floor, washed bathroom (after dh took all the tools out of there), did dishes (had leftovers for lunch), made 2 cheeseballs (one for tonight and one for the 31st), made muffins. still in my pjs. Will take a shower in a few minutes.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  9. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

today was nice in the 60s work was busy aloy are getting sick i dont want it. eating veggie dip from hickory farms its good

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  10. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    A little cooler here today but will still be hot. Another day of trying to get the house in order, I cannot believe it is taking this long. I will not stress as I know that it will get there eventually. DS needs to clean his loungeroom but if it does not get done I will just close the doors.
    I am not sure if I will get to taking down the tree before I go back to work on Wednesday, I want to take my time, cull some things and pack things properly. I also am tidying things up as I go. Last night I redid the lights on our indoor garland and I want to replace bows on the wreaths.
    I am better off to spend a little bit more time now then worry about it all next Christmas.

Hoping that all that are feeling unwell get some relief soon.

11. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

I had an amazing day. Hubby and I left shortly after noon and we went to two antique stores. Hubby found a leather box filled with 4 different sets of silver-plated flatware. I found a new clock for the living room. Hubby found me a new leather jacket. It is a biker style but fitted and looks brand new. Very feminine.

The find of the day is a set of 8 transfer ware. It was still in the original box. Never been taken out. I took it out of the box... we bought it!!! I will give my red set back to my mother in law. I now have only blue transfer ware. Perfect!! I am giddy to think about washing it and put it in the cupboard. It is very strong and durable. The coffee cups are so cute.... I might start having tea in the afternoons.

Tomorrow the tree comes down. Hubby is going to the store to buy the materials to build me the window cornices. My living room and dining room will look amazing in a few weeks. So excited!!

12. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

DD was working on her Kindle. She was writing a letter to a staff member she had in MD over 12 years ago. She finally received a Christmas card from her so we knew the address was correct. Now I have to figure out how to print it from a Kindle. She had a pretty good day. I had to figure out a way for her to remember how to spell super. She wanted to do supper instead. I told her you eat PPs at supper. So that seems to have helped so far.

Have a good night all.