Saturday December 8th, 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, Dec 8, 2018 at 9:34 AM.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

I slept till 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have a cold and hardly no voice. Woke up early Friday a.m. with it and went to work. Didn't go to Christmas party last night because I figured nobody wanted to hear this very hoarse voice and my coughing the whole time.

Ran to Nashville this a.m. for fabric. Have a birthday party this afternoon. Then need to do some Wal-Mart shopping for candy/cookie items. But will make next week end since germs here now.

I better move along.

3. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

Lana- Feel better!

I skipped my 4K this morning. I ended up with a migraine last night and went to bed early after taking meds but it's still hanging around this morning. And it's raining. It was only $5 and I was supposed to get a commemorative coin, but oh well, my health is more important and I know I would be more miserable the rest of the day if I went. DH is working all day and I have things that have to be done. I have to go to Walmart and pick up a gift for Eli from my mom and Lowes as well to pick up one for DH from her too, if they get it ready before I leave. DD has cookie captain training this afternoon, still need to figure out where that is located.

I need to figure out what food gifts i'm making for who. I'm thinking candy and easier things and save rolled cookies for us and make those later. I could get the rest knocked out easily this weekend.

Enjoy your day!

4. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Morning all MHHers

DD and I headed to Walmart to get lime green spray paint for a Grinch wreath she is making for her friend. We found most everything on our list so all is good. Dh is off to the gun shop for some trading and then to Fleet Farm for a container to keep the salt for the walkways. Now DD is taking her nap. Her friend wanted to come over but she will have to wait until either DD gets up or Dh gets home.

I think we have everything ready for cookie decorating tomorrow. I did forget to plan something for lunch tomorrow but we can always have leftovers. I will not stress about it.

Wishing all well as you prepare for Christmas.

5. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Greetings, MHH ELVES!

The only 2 things I have done today are semi-dressed and sneezing my head off. Ugh. N is coming over for a late lunch today. I will fix the turkey breast I bought the other day, with some baked potatoes and Stovetop stuffing and green beans. Ice cream for dessert if we want it.

I need to go get my cookie dough made and will roll it out after he leaves. No cutters, so will use a glass. I can make 2 sizes if I want. I thought about doing it now, but I do not want turkey flavored sugar cookies! Lol

Did not sleep well last night again. I don't know what is going on with my body, but am not the least little bit pleased. Not one little bit.

Well, here I go! Wish me luck on my cookies. Last time I made them, Samuel was about 6! He loved to make them and decorate them, too. Wish he was here to help me today.

6. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

Good morning all!!

Jessica-- sorry you have a migraine. Hope it leaves soon.

I had a rough night. My legs ached and spasmed all night. I realized when I got up this morning that I was one care package short and one cookie package short. I remedied the cookie package and am in the process of making one more knit hat for the extra care package. How could I miss that?? o_O Luckily it was an easy fix.

Hubby had to work today and Kiddo is going to be leaving soon to work with his physics group. I will have some quiet time for a short while when they are both gone. I am going to enjoy it... knit in a quiet house.

I have 3 more batches of Christmas cookies to make... I added a last minute cookie to the list. Super cute candy cane cookies. My cookie packages are filling up quickly.

Hope everyone who is sick gets to feeling better soon. Stay warm and enjoy the weekend.

7. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Would you believe I am out of vanilla flavoring? How did I let that happen? I have orange and anise! Grrr! I am such a dipstick!

8. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

I slept til 9:00...no particular reason just tired I guess. ExBoss's kids really like the fleece blankets. We sat on the floor and tied them while watching a Christmas movie.

Today I need to head out to Target and pick up meds. I will mix up cookie dough for baking later. Earlier I made sausage gravy and biscuits for breakfast and a batch of chicken noodle soup for lunch or when ever some one is hungry.

Have a nice weekend.

9. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good afternoon all!

It's a snowy Saturday here. Nothing major , but flurries all day. It looks so pretty! I slept in, but not late. The guys were up early for hunting. I got up around 7. My knee is giving me trouble, so I felt like it was time to get up and move around. I did the bill paying, ordered some online gifts, made 3 kinds of cookies today, am just about finished with laundry, and am hoping to get the tree up tonight so we can decorate tomorrow. H wants to help, so if we want it up this weekend, it will have to be up tonight. I have loads of wrapping to do, but can take care of that some evening. I plan to do my baking and cooking making each night this week after work. Then I'll have the weekend to finish my shopping and the next week to wrap.

M is working on a school project with a friend today. I thought I'd leave them to it, and hang out in the den for a bit.

Pam...orange is a lovely Christmas flavor.
    Hope all who aren't feeling well, get well soon!

There goes my laundry buzzer....ttyl....

10. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Afternoon! I woke up at 5:00 but managed to fall back asleep after while. got up at 7:30. dusted & vaccumed kitchen, kitchnette and LR. Got the pork tenderloins in the freezer (dh bought 4 yesterday) and we ate half of one for lunch. Paid bills. Got my new external hardrive to copy the old one so now I have 2 backups of the picture. will now be able to empty all those SD cards too (will get that done during the holidays)
    I cup up the pineapple and reorganized the fridge. I wanted to make cookies too but not sure I have enough flour, so I'll wait.
    DS and ddil are off to shop more things for their house.

11. MrsSoup

I texted my friend and picked up some Excedrin Tension from her earlier this morning. It helped a little but the headache is still there. :( I went to Lowe's and picked up the gift for DH and then to Walmart and picked up the gift for Eli. I talked to my mom on the way home and for a while after I got home. I wrapped both gifts and they are under the tree. I picked up mini loaf pans and some Excedrin to replace my friend's and some Excedrin migraine for me to see if it will work better since I don't have a tension headache.

I divided my list for my baking and will start working on things when DD and I get back. We'll have to leave pretty soon because it will take about 45 minutes to get downtown. All I want to do is take a nap.

Diedra- The wreath sounds neat!
    Pam- You could print out templates for the cookie shapes you want and use that to cut around.
    Carrie- Are you getting enough potassium? I hope you sleep better tonight!
    Jody- Biscuits and gravy sound really good!
    Lisa- Your cookies looked delicious!
    Lucie- You've been busy today and gotten a lot done. Feel free to come here and do some work too. LOL

12. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

Jessica... I have a feeling it might be a lack of potassium. I will have to find a food other than bananas that I can eat.

13. MrsSoup

I finally found and went inside the Barnes & Noble today while I was waiting for DD at her class. It was crazy packed but I found Harry Potter chocolate wands and chocolate creatures and got some for the kids stockings. Expensive, but worth it. It took a while to find it and then after I made my purchase, I got coffee and a snack and sat and read for a bit.

DH's big Christmas gift came today!! Yay! I got his presents that I have so far wrapped and the stuff I picked up this morning wrapped. Then I made the pretzel/rolo treats for his office. I have butter out to soften for Snickerdoodles. I think i'm just going to make chocolate chip cookies for Eli's pack meeting tomorrow but substitute holiday M&M's for the chocolate chips. I still need to do PB fudge, dipped pretzels and the Snickerdoodles for the office tray. That is my priority right now and the fudge will make enough for other gifts and so will the pretzel and Snickerdoodles. Then i'll make more of the pretzel/rolos later because they are quick and easy.

My head STILL hurts. I didn't take the Excedrin Migraine because I had coffee and it said to be careful when having caffeine because it contains caffeine, so since I had the coffee I decided I probably shouldn't take it. I'll be taking my migraine meds tonight for sure. DH and DD headed off to the Commissary to get something for dinner that no one is going to eat but me and DH. :rolleyes: Makes complete sense. Whatever.

14. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

good evening to you all.
    I am beat but wanted to get on here and see how your days were. looks like you have all been incredibly busy.
    I was up at 5.30 to get ready for the day and do a training session before our comp. We did well and I think we did better than this time last year. Whether we did or not is beside the point, we had a great weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it. It was a 5 hour drive home so I am ready for a shoer and get ready for work tomorrow. I am working 3 days this week and so I know it will be a long one.

Wishing you all a good night,
    Much love,

luludou likes this.