Saturday, February 22, 2020

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by missjane, Feb 22, 2020.

1. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Good morning, MHH Friends!

2. missjane

I'm awake, but not up. It's supposed to be sunny today with a high of mid 50s. I need to clean my car and the house. Not much else going on here.

When I bought the Highlander, a running board was loose. They tightened it. It fell off this week. I need to call the dealership.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  3. girlsinmo

girlsinmo Well-Known Member

Good day everyone. Nothing much planned here. It's 30 supposed to get up to 50. I purchase some devotionals for grandmother's look forward to reading them. I am the only one awake at the moment.

Jane I hope you have a refreshing day.

Enjoy your day all..

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  4. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Happy Saturday morning!

Please don't beat me up for sounding so chipper. Not really feeling it. Golly Ned! I am hurting. My back and my arthritis is kicking my butt. I have taken all my meds, too. I have much to do today. Bake a cake, cook chicken and noodles, try to clean up a little bit, eat something for breakfast. My life is so exciting, is it not?

Wish I had time to go to a movie. But, so be it. Today and tomorrow will be close to 50 or above. And sunny, praise the Lord. I am always glad when the sun is shining. Yay!

Better go get that chicken in the crockpot, so it can cook all day. I may cheat a little and save some for me! Shhh, don't tell DD and family! It will be our secret! Ok?

Hope you all stay safe and will be blessed! Love to all.

girlsinmo and Ahorsesoul like this.
  5. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I took some sleeping pills last night so slept wonderfully. Would still be asleep or dozing off and on, if not for the dogs. DH is off to work for the day at the motorcycle range. I may take the kids out to Starbucks at some point since my mom sent them all giftcards, but other than that i'm not budging until this task is completed. My host teacher suggested I borrow her teacher's edition social studies book so I brought that home for the weekend in edition to the students social studies book. I started working and looking through it during their library time yesterday and it will be a huge help. So thankful for her! I'm hopeful I can finish today.

The chicken shawarma was good last night, I made basmati rice to go with it. Not sure what we'll have tonight so will need to figure that out. I just remembered that I need to run DS to Wendy's up by Schofield and his current work to pick up his W2's. I also need to stop by Target and get mine.

Jane- I hope they can get you in this weekend to repair the running board!
    Tricia- Enjoy your quiet time before everyone else gets up. That is usually my favorite time of day. haha
    Pam- Sorry you are hurting. I think i'll bake a cake today as well. I bought a mix to make for V-Day and never did. Definitely pull out a bit for yourself, no reason to cook twice. How is Samuel doing?
    Katrina- Any word on DFIL? Happy Anniversary yesterday, sorry I spaced on that.

Enjoy your day!

6. Myron's Mom

Myron's Mom Well-Known Member

Hello everyone!
    I’ve been awake since 3am lol! Got up to pee and could not go back to sleep. Not sure why.
    Husband is gone for the day to help with a ccw class. So I’m able to play without interruption. Not getting much done though, maybe from lack of sleep??
    Just a reminder Rudolph Day is just around the corner (Tuesday!)
    Prayers for all in need. Especially those who are hurting or sick and those facing the loss of a love one.
    Have a safe weekend everyone.

7. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon to all. went to see the call of the wild movie yesterday. it was sad funny and done well. cold this morning 18 when i left for work. went to sams club when i got off. they were super busy. have a good evening

8. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Afternoon. Rotten night.. might have gotten 2 hours of sleep on and off... coughing, runny nose and teeth hurting (because of sinuses). Slept on sitting on the couch as I start coughing as soon as I lie down. so not a good day yet except at least this afternoon the eyes are not half-shut from watery eyes. I did go outside half an hour to get the germs out and I did manage a small nap this afternoon. And I did do 2 loads of laundry.

Taking another dose of antibiotics at 5:00, hoping it will start working soon. feel like I have lost the last 3 days :(

9. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

Hello. We're gray and drippy today. Haha, talking about the weather. Windy too, but not too cold. Still talking about the weather.

Sometime today I need to get gas for the car and pick up a few groceries, and tonight I'll take dh for his sleep study. He has to be at the sleep center at 9 pm, in a rather sketchy part of the city. I took dh for a drive yesterday so I could find the place in daylight. Good thing because I drove right past it and had to try again. He hasn't had much sleep for the past 2 weeks. We stopped at Marie Callender's for a sandwich and piece of pie on our way home.

Today is my youngest son's 41st birthday - his 1st in heaven. I'm not feeling all that chipper today - I don't want to do much. I'm going to start the Rudy Day book and do a bit of crocheting.

I hope you all have a nice day!

girlsinmo, luludou and Ahorsesoul like this.
  10. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good afternoon!

It's sunny, windy and a cool 39* here on the mountain. I'm ready for spring. Everything is just so dirty looking. It's been a pretty hectic week, so I'm so glad it is the weekend!

J left for his camp weekend yesterday morning. After school, I started laundry, then M and I made mini pizzas for dinner and rented Toy Story 4 to watch last night. It was cute. I went to bed around 10 and slept pretty well.

Today has been busy. I finished the laundry. We went to get the Tahoe washed, then did our shopping at Aldi and Walmart. We picked up KFC for lunch. We unloaded and ate, then I took M to her friend's house for a birthday party. I'll have to pick her up soon. I just worked on bills, ordering my prescriptions, and sorting out the check book. I picked up 2 lanterns for the hearth today. I'm debating on whether or not I like them there. :p I needed something to balance out the demijohn on the other side. We will see.

We are talking about replacing carpet and can't decide what kind of flooring to go with since the spaces are open. I have vinyl in the dining/kitchen/foyer and I'd like hardwood. The kitchen would be tough because then we'd have to keep the same footprint forever if we ever remodel, but I'd like it in the living room, foyer and main hall and probably up the stairs. Then eventually in the den and bedrooms. Decisions, decisions.

Nothing planned for tonight. I may catch up on some TiVo'd items, or watch another movie. Tomorrow will be church, religious ed and dance in the evening.

Pam...of course you should keep some chicken for yourself! How's Samuel doing?
    Jessica...what grade are you working with again?
    Deb...hugs to you!
    Jane...sounds like a fine day.
    Lucie...I'm so sorry you are so sick! I hope it passes quickly.
    Hi Tricia, Myron's mom, HW2 and all who follow!

peace and blessings~

11. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! Sunny here and warmer than yesterday - actually very pleasant

Was up for about 3 hours last night listening to DH snore. When he finally got up I slept for about an hour or so and it felt like forever!

Then we went out for lunch with the friends that will be coming to stay with us tomorrow. Enjoyed that and there will be leftovers for dinner. DH already ate some but I'm still deciding what I'll eat. Truthfully feel like toast and cereal;)

Yesterday I printed out a lot of old family photos for my genealogy project. Just worked on some organization but I have lots more to do. Also have to post about our caravan website which I worked on this morning.

Katrina - like others here my parents both died while I was on the way to the hospital - perhaps they don't want to upset us with a final "good-bye"
    Lisa - sounds like you have everything caught up
    Jane - last night we made shrimp with remoulade sauce, muffaletta dip, gumbo with chicken and andouille sausage and bread pudding with a brandy sauce. All very tasty and I even have some leftovers
    Pam - definitely save some chicken and noodles for yourself!
    Faye - hoping to see that movie myself
    Lucie - you shouldn't even be doing laundry!!!!!
    Deb - thinking of you
    Myron's Mom - thanks for the reminder
    Tricia - a quiet day
    Jess - so glad that you have a great teacher to work with!

12. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning all.
    I have woken up with a headache again, not sure why this is happening so often. I will mention it to the Dr next time I am there.
    Just need to vacuum today and get lunches ready for tomorrow and Tuesday. I have plenty of food here to take, just deciding what to take. I will need to get bread and milk at some stage and check the car for petrol. Hopefully DH will fill up for me. There is a basket of clothes that need folding too.

Will miss Rudy Day on Tuesday as I am at work but I did look at some things this morning, makes me long for Christmas

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
  13. MrsSoup

Sounds like everyone is having productive, busy days! Lucie- I sure hope those meds kick in and you start to feel better!

Lisa- I'm in a 3rd grade classroom right now and i'm loving it. That may be the grade that I try to teach once I get there. I'm really enjoying that grade level, of course i'm in a private Catholic school so things are a bit different. We'll see where I end up for student teaching.
    Deb- Thinking of you!

I've been working on my task all morning and am just about done, one more section to go and then double check my work, revise where/if needed, check the rubric and submit. I don't have time to have an instructor check it...really wish I did. It will be what it will be I guess. I had to take a break to take DS to Wendys to see about his W2, they didn't have it and said it was available online and should have been mailed. He never got it and they probably had our old address so it would have been sent back. The manager is supposed to call HR because DS is locked out of his account so he can't get it online. What a hassle. He had told one of the assistant managers the new address but I guess he never updated it. Go figure. We picked up one of DS's friends while we were up there and he is now visiting at our house. His mom is the one that stopped talking to me for no reason, she has pushed everyone away I guess. I'm glad he is here, we've missed him.

I'm going to get back to work and try to finish this up today. DH wants to go for a ride or something when he gets home so I would like to be done before then. I also don't want to have it hanging over my head tomorrow.

14. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Feeling a wee bit better tonight as I got up and did some dishes after supper. think (hoping) I will be able to sleep tonight. Well enough to start thinking about a small to-do list for tomorrow... hadn't even checked the fridge last few days... had things to freeze before they spoiled. Dh made supper (chicken breasts and mashed potatoes with carrots, gravy).

Night

15. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Buzzing along here, I am just adding Winter prep plans to the planner. March 1st is the beginning of Autumn so time for me to get the house ready for the long cold days of Winter. I cleaned and organised the stockpile yesterday that is in the laundry room so I may as well start there.
    Washing is done and vacuuming too so I might knit for a minute and then do some more.

16. missjane

Hello, everyone.

DH had other plans for what he wanted us to do today, so I didn't get as much done as planned. He wanted to look at dishwashers because the new house doesn't have one. It's not a priority for me, but seems to be for him. The one in this house is a Kenmore that we've had for almost 20 years. It's had one repair in all the years we've owned it, and that was probably 15 years ago. So, I want another Kenmore which will probably have to be ordered online. I don't know if they deliver to home addresses or if I'll have to find the nearest "home" store they have and have it delivered there. Do any of you have suggestions as to other brands, models?

The sheets are in the dryer. At least that got done today. I have some old hymnals the church was getting rid of. I went through and tore out some of my favorites. I want to get some inexpensive frames to put them in and use them in my laundry room somehow. Still working on finding inspiration for that.

Lucie, you commented about pictures of the house. I was going to post before pictures, but my internet was being super slow, so I'm not sure if I can get them to post or not. We've done a lot of cosmetic things. We aren't doing any major renovations at all. Our first big thing that will totally change the look is going to be flooring. I'm saving money from each paycheck to pay for that - around $4000-4500. Later (maybe much later), we're going to paint the kitchen cabinets and install new counter tops. I called a cabinet shop today and left a message asking about their installing our wood counter tops. I want to see how much it will be to reface the cabinets, too. The last big project is that I want to re-do the laundry room, but am still working on the layout/configuration. To save money, I want to leave the washer and dryer in place, but would like to add a sink. Our upright freezer needs to go in there, too, and will take up a chunk of space. I want it to function as a pantry, too. I'm glad you're feeling better, but I wish you would just rest and let the things at the house wait until you're fully recovered.
    Jess, is sounds like the teacher is very helpful and encouraging. That's very beneficial in getting things done. I hope everything works out well with the move back to the states when it happens and doesn't make you lose credits for things you've already taken.
    Debbie, all that food sounds delicious! Always great to have leftovers!
    Katrina, good idea to stick a little reward time in there with the cleaning. I do that sometimes rather than trying to make myself continue to trudge along when I'm bored with a task. Funny how that short little break gets me back on track.
    Pam, definitely keep some food for yourself. Just make a little extra if you're worried about it's being enough.
    Lisa, you've stayed busy today. I hope it's rejuvenated you for another week at work. Do y'all get a spring break this year? DH's starts March 9th, so just two weeks away.
    GrammaDeb, good idea to drive the route ahead of time. Hopefully, your mind will be eased when DH gets his new machine. If the other one was older model, it may be improved. I've heard they're making them more "user friendly." I can't begin to imagine what sadness today brings for you. (((HUGS)))
    Faye, DH wants to go see Call of the Wild. I told him I do not! It's too sad to me. I figured it would be a good remake, though. Glad you weren't disappointed and it was good.
    Amelia, I hate when I get up and that happens, which seems to be more frequently than not. Once I'm awakened during the night, it takes me 2-3 hours to go back to sleep. Ugh! I hate it!! Glad you didn't have a day planned that was already exhausting and you could piddle and rest if needed.
    Tricia, glad the weather warmed up and didn't stay cold. DH said next week, we're supposed to have winds 20-30 miles an hour! I like to use devotionals for Bible study...gives me some direction.

Well, I've talked your heads off, so I better close. Night, everyone. Prayers that everyone gets well, those with heart ache issues are comforted and those needing relief from woes and life, in general, find peace.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
  17. MrsSoup

Evening!

Finished my task and got it submitted, now I wait for it to be graded. I checked over it probably 20 times and checked it against their checklist and the rubric. DH and I went out to dinner on the bike and I had a margarita for National Margarita Day. The food was bleh. We went to Just Tacos down in Ko'Olina, we went there when my mom was there and it was good. I had taquitos this time and should have stuck with the nachos instead. DS texted when we were leaving that his friends mom was coming to get the friend. Apparently DS thought he was staying the night. I wasn't under that impression and we would have taken him home but oh well. Pretty sure we met them leaving as we were coming home.

Now we're just going to relax and watch Master Chef.

Jane- So much going on for you. I don't have any recommendations on the dishwasher. We always get one in the military houses but they aren't fantastic because they don't maintain them well. Love the hymnal idea.