Saturday June 2nd, 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Hello My Friends!

2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

When my computer was down and I couldn't get on MHH and now I need to get back into the habit! Miss it!

Have to work this a.m. and then I need to finish some stuff before the girls get home. I think they will be in later today if not then tom.. sure has been quiet.

We have the front door painted but need to get a wreath on it. Allen has to put a new handle on it. Went with a bright yellow and it was REALLY popping so put a golden butter over it and like it. SUCH a change tho from the dark brown. I might have mentioned this. Shutters will take 3 to 4 weeks to come in. They came to $74.50 a pair. Hope I like them--they were special order. I think I might put a vinyl hello or welcome on the door---will think about it.

Chance of storms off and on today. Was like 96 yesterday. Next week they are saying low 80's a few days. Like the sound of that.

The 3 goldfish we put in pond last Monday are still alive so need to get more. Need to get some Kio too.

I better get moving!

Have a GREAT day everybody!

3. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

I am up and ready to head out on errands. I keep thinking about DD28 and her fiance. He is not good for her. She folds when he tells her what she wants to here. While she told me she was postponing the wedding, he is telling her he doesn't want to. She told me he agreed to the courthouse wedding but they haven't told his parents. "still trying to figure things out." She is a very smart girl but struggles with wanting to believe he will change. She knows he lies to her and breaks his promises to her. I have talked to her about how a person's behavior reveals their true character. She wants to move out but can't find a place she can afford. I am at the point where all I can do is pray.

4. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone.

We have my maternal grandad's-side-of-the-family reunion today. My back's in an awful mess. I felt pretty good yesterday, so I worked 6 hours at the bakery. I enjoyed it, but shouldn't have worked so long. Sitting isn't bad, but walking and standing is horrible today. I'm calling my regular doctor's office Monday to get them to send the papers for my physical therapy. They still had not sent them Friday, and were supposed to when I saw them Wednesday. I can't see the orthopedic doctor until June 18th. :confused::mad::( Scared of what he'll say, really.

DH and I are making a turn around driving trip to Ohio to pick up a sink I bought from eBay. Since sitting doesn't hurt, I think I'll be okay. Just don't ask me to bind over and pick anything up. :eek: We'll leave just after the family reunion today and drive to near Nashville tonight. We'll drive to Ohio tomorrow and start back home, stop and spend the night near Jackson, TN, and drive the rest of the way home Monday. We've never been north of Nashville toward the East, so that will be fun.

Jody, so sorry things are going the way they are for DD28. I was blinded by love and charisma with the first guy I married (now, married to DH #2 and couldn't ask for a better one...sure, we have our days...but who doesn't). He had all the signs of what you're describing about your DD's fiance'. Unfortunately, she may just have to experience it for herself. Just be there to pick up the pieces when her eyes open and she sees the real person he is because she will need you. I was bright, confident, and he squashed all that. Sounds like your DD is much the same way. I still don't understand how I let him do to me what he did and still have emotional scars from that relationship. Praying for you and her.

Lana, it sounds like some neat improvements going on at your place. I bet the yellow popped!

Katrina, I'm so glad to hear the new CW is doing well. I know you'll be glad to go back to working just a few days a week.

See you all on Monday or Tuesday.

5. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Good morning all.

My poor little 11 year old dgd is having a bad case of hormones. Her big brother called a couple days ago to tell dgkids about his upcoming baby. Dgd cried. Dsil asked what she had to say about it. Hesitation, and then "Good job." Everyone laughed, she sobbed. More hesitation, and then she asked "Are you married?" Dgs said "We are making it happen." Dgd cried because she is losing her brother. Cried because she is getting a sister. Cried because she is "Going to be an uncle." You mean aunt? Cried because she's going to be an aunt. Cried some more. Cried because she was crying. Poor thing must have sobbed for an hour.

Both dgkids are driving me nuts...already. Grandma teach me to crochet. Teach me to do counted cross stitch. When can we go to the library. Do you want to play Monopoly? Do you want to play Twister? Seriously? My question is...how long until school starts? Haha.

I am going to get a shower and make my escape. Headed to Michael's to hopefully find some craft stuff to keep them out of my hair for longer than a minute. Have a great day.

6. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon to all. sun is out rain later. want to do something tonite maybe go out to dinner. busy morning at work. looked at pinterest last nite decorating for christmas. cant wait for the holidays

7. festivefun

festivefun Member

Hello. We spent out Saturday with family. Visited my gran this morning, then to shops, before heading to my parents for sandwiches for lunch. Storms are threatening, but was dry so my two were out playing in the garden.
    We have just had our mock katsu curry for dinner, enchanted is on, but it's now the kids bedtime, so will go get that moving, before a chilled out evening. Want to read a bit and watch some vlogmas vids.

luludou likes this.
  8. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

thunder and lighting and pouring rain . beginning to be a habit every day

9. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Great to see you back, Michelle!

festivefun likes this.
  10. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Got a new charger for the iPad and she is up and running! I missed being on here. I am pooped right now so will be back tomorrow. See ya!

11. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning. I slept in and did not get out of bed for a good while this morning. I think I needed the rest. today is just pottering, DH is in the garage, DS is in his room. I have just de cluttered DS bathroom vanity, it needs everything pulled out and given a good scrub. I like to check how he is going for products so I know if he needs anything or if there is anything I can buy for in his stocking. He is good for now.
    I will vacuum this afternoon and sit and do some folding. I would like to start a few craft projects too. Now that my work schedule is back to normal I have a lot of things that I would like to catch up on.

Need to get organised for the upcoming work week, plus groceries this week. Thursday will be the 19th anniversary of my dads passing so will go and visit him.

12. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

I'm off to check out this vlogmas! What fun but they put in a lot of time making the videos.

festivefun likes this.
  13. sweetpumkinpye

I am sorry...What are vlogmas vids?

14. PamelaG

Vlogmas is like writing a daily blog post for the 24, 25, or 31 days in December only you do it in a video form and most load the videos up to You Tube. Sometimes there are a daily themes, other times it's just a chatty, this is what I did today (relative to Christmas or not) video. People open their Advent calendars, show their decorations, wrap gifts, talk about stocking stuffers, all things Christmas.

luludou and festivefun like this.
  15. festivefun

festivefun Member

Pamela said it so well. I've just been in such a festive spirit. Work has been overwhelming so I've been getting lost in my happy place; Christmas ❤

PamelaG likes this.
  16. sweetpumkinpye

Cool, I am off to look at YouTube

17. PamelaG

I would love to participate in Vlogmas but I hate myself on camera and I can't get out of the habit of saying "Um" every few words! I'll stick to the blog version - Blogmas!

festivefun likes this.