Saturday, March 16, 2019

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by missjane, Mar 16, 2019 at 7:22 AM.

1. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Good morning, MHH friends!

2. missjane

Hi, everyone!

I'm on spring break!!!!!!!! Off all next week! Since DD23 isn't in California working anymore, we'll be home all week. Woo-hoo! I hope DH and I can get some yard work done. It's been raining so much that we couldn't pick up limbs or anything, so it's pretty bad right now.

DN#1 is now officially moved home from Las Vegas. We all came together on Tuesday night and helped unload the truck so she could return it Wednesday. DN#2 is here from San Antonio visiting, so it was nice to have both of them together. DN#2 is going home today.

Glad to see Mel is back and Pamela is settled in.

Hope you all have a great day!

luludou and happy2bme like this.
  3. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Morning all MHHers

Was below zero this morning but it'll warm up to high 20s today and warmer as the week goes along. The sun is out so that helps.

LC22 came this morning to work. Nice for us but she was to spend this weekend with her boyfriend. She could use some prayers.

DD is working on making coasters on her loom. Right now she is making Red, White and Blue ones.

Dh is on his computer as normal. He was looking for puppies. I want another dog but not right this very moment. So why he is looking I do not know. He was showing me a puppy that is in Montana. I'd just said I wanted one from our area that I would be able to check out with local people and vets on their background. We've had problems enough with rescue animals in this area. The first dog we tried out before we found Boots was a disaster. Was from a rescue place. First problem was the lady came with the dog to introduce us but was insisting we keep it because she didn't want to take it home. No we were not set up to take a dog that day. Then we decide we would try it as a trial. I think the dog was drugged when she brought him and he was not potty trained at all which she said he was. She didn't leave any shot records so when I called the vet she said had given them they had a different story. No shots at all and dog was from a Parvo litter. Vet couldn't tell me if this dog was one that had been treated or if not. We returned the dog. Then there was a big news story about the Parvo litter and the rescue place that had the dogs were not honest about it with any of the people who took their puppies. Some people had paid out thousands of dollars in vet bills as they tried to save their puppy only to have them die. Glad we sent that puppy back. Then Boots came from Dh's old work place from someone we knew. Much better.

4. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I probably needed some more sleep but my nose was clogged up and I was started to get a headache so I got up. DH got a phone call shortly after 4 a.m. again from work (2nd day in a row). He came downstairs to take care of it and then came back to bed. DD got home from her event just before 10 last night. She had a great time and got to meet the Governor and some other people. She was full of things to tell me when I got out of bed and greeted her at the door. She also said that she thought they would be on the news this morning but I haven't seen anything yet, i'm recording it just in case. Maybe they'll be on this evening. DH, Eli and I went to see Captain Marvel. It was good and we're anxious for End Game next month.

I worked all day on my performance assessment, between interruptions. I am on my next to last section which is easier because it's about my teaching philosophy as it relates to the videos and what I liked or didn't like in the videos. The last section is on school law as it applies to my teaching practice. Once I finish i'll have to go back and revise a bit. There was one section I had a hard time with and will need to add some to. I'm hoping to finish up today and submit. I'm way later than I wanted to be, but life happens. I'll need to get through this next class quickly.

DD has cookie booth all day today from 9-6. She signed up for all of the shifts. However, the location is not great so if they aren't selling well by noon then they may shut it down. I'm kind of hoping so because they put me as the parent volunteer for the last 6 hours. :eek: I can't stand for 6 hours with this boot, so I will have a chair in my car. Eli has Pinewood Derby all afternoon, DH will take him to that. I hope the wheel doesn't fall off his car. When DH was putting one of his front wheels on, some of the wood chipped off so the nail isn't really being held in very well. We'll see what happens. It seems like it is in there tightly so as long as no one drops it or mishandles it, it should be fine.

Jane- Enjoy the break!!
    Diedra- Those will be nice coasters! That's awful about those poor puppies. Will be thinking about LC22.

Enjoy your day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  5. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

hello to all. was very busy today at work. nice outside ony 57 but sunny and no wind. need to vacumn and wash a load of clothes. enjoy your day

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  6. happy2bme

happy2bme Well-Known Member

Good afternoon,

It is 2:00 and I don't feel like I have accomplished much, oh well, not going to get too worked up about it. Stuff will get done when it gets done - that is my new attitude since starting a full time job.

K is working all weekend again and trying to get her school work done - she is so disciplined, it amazes me. She won't be home until later this evening. Miss Ruby is enjoying a really long nap on the couch and I think I will make myself fold the laundry..... or not.

Have a great day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  7. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Afternoon!

ds came by at 2:30 am to pick up the dog... told him next time come in the morning. we got up late 7:30. dh worked in the bathroom again... area for washer-dryer is all finished and I can start the laundry for the day. Have vacuumed all 1st floor. Made a soup with leftovers (potatoes, sweet potatoes, bell peppers, carrots, 1 apple, and meatballs) - it was very good. Had that with some english muffins. I decluttered a few more things too.

then I sat in front of patio window in the sun and read while listening to some music.

Now I need to figure out supper. wanted to invite MIL but she has a cold - will come another time.

Later

8. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    Sunday here and it seems that no matter how hard I work through the week there is always a lot to do on a Sunday.
    Got to get ready for the week ahead, trying hard to keep up with the routine so that the work week is easier.
    DH will help by doing a few little things that are on the list and that will mean I can concentrate on some of the other things.

Mel, love the new "stuff will get done" attitude, I need to adopt this more......a work in progress.
    Jane, enjoy spring break.
    Diedra, sad to hear about the puppies.
    Jess, a long day at the cookie booth for the 2 of you.
    Faye, enjoy your day.
    Lucie, the soup sounds amazing, so good for you.

9. missjane

Hi, everyone.

I'm a bit like Mel...haven't accomplished much, but after the week we've had, I think I needed a day to recuperate. I did go through some things in my dresser. I'm trying to pare down. I'll probably get rid of more after the summer. Since I'm retiring, the type of and amount of dressy things I'll need will be different. A lot of dress socks went into the "go away" bag.

I didn't go into the details of getting DN#1 moved back. It's so ridiculous, you'll think I'm lying or crazy.

My oldest sister (her aunt) went to help her pack and move back. We all can spend only a little bit of time around her because she's a control freak and gets very angry when things aren't done her way, but DN#1 had gone to see her about two months ago and stayed with her for about two week. So, we were all thinking...ok, maybe she's the one person in the family who can get along with her. Sorry...I know that's harsh to say about one's own sister, but there it is. DH and I had gone to Dallas Saturday night to see Bob Seger in concert. DN called me from Flagstaff to say she had locked my sister out of the moving truck and didn't think she could go on any farther with her. Long story short...DSis got a rental car and drove herself home to Odessa, TX. DH and I got up at 7 Sunday morning and drove from Dallas to 40 miles West of Albuquerque, NM to meet up with DN (she was in a 26 foot moving truck, which she had never driven before, but managed to make it that far, after running over the pillar at the hotel she stayed in the night before). Then, we drove back to Amarillo, TX, and got to the hotel at 4:00AM Monday (we both took off Monday). We slept until 8:00AM, ate breakfast, napped about another hour, and pulled out of Amarillo around 10:30 Monday morning. We drove until 1:30AM Tuesday when we pulled into our driveway. We both got up at 6:00 Tuesday morning and went to work. Tuesday afternoon, we helped unload the truck after we got off work, because it was supposed to have been turned in at 10:00 on Tuesday, and we were trying to get it unloaded so that DN could return it on Wednesday. It was around 9:30PM before we finished unloading. DD23 had a melt down during the night Tuesday night about being sent home from her job in California (she has an appointment with a counselor on the 26th), so I was up with her from 2 - 4. Got up and went to work Thursday. Thursday night, I finally got a full 8 hours of sleep, and a good night's sleep last night, but I was totally exhausted!

DD23 is gone to the movies with a friend. DH just came in from mowing. I'm making breakfast foods for supper. I'm not in a big cooking mood today, either. Just sort of blah....hoping it doesn't last through Spring Break. I have an appointment with a financial adviser to get advice about investing my retirement money I will be receiving. I found out that I'll start receiving my retirement checks on June 1st. We're 9 month employees, but our income in split into 12 payments, which means I'll also receive 3 more "regular" paychecks for June, July, and August, which is going to be nice to help finish paying off some things!

Diedra, prayers for LC. DD26 got a rescue dog - FREE, except for an adoption fee! Yay!....NOT, lol...he had red mange and the treatments ended up costing us $700! That was 5 years ago, and he's a great dog. I trained him while she was finishing her senior year of college, but you really don't know what you're getting if you have no history.
    Lucie, yeah, I would have told DS to wait until the morning, too. What was he thinking?! Hope all the little details of the bathroom are taken care of soon. I know you must be ready for it to be over and done with.
    Mel, it really is hard to stay on top of everything when you work a full time job. I have a friend who had never worked outside the home, and she was really surprised. She has two small children, so it was really a big adjustment.
    Jess, it sounds like a great opportunity that DD had last night. Online classes can be so time consuming. DD23 hates online classes.
    Faye, the warmer weather seems to make people want to get out more. We're supposed to be in the lower 60s all week and NO RAIN! I can't remember the last time we had a spring break with no rain.
    Katrina, you're right about trying to get things in order on Sunday for the week ahead. Even though it seems to eat up your time, it just makes the week go better. Enjoy your day!

Gotta go...stripped our bed, turned the mattresses, washed the sheets, and need to re-make it now. I went to get the mattress cover from the dryer and it had a few damp spots, so I put it back in and got on here....should be dry by now.

Night, everyone. Hope you all rest well.

10. sweetpumkinpye

Finding it hard to get moving this morning. Have been to the shops and go the supplies for the week and am now spending time updating planner and looking at websites. Really should get a move on.
    DH is out giving my car a quick wash, covered in bird poop! DS is in his loungeroom doing a bit of folding so everyone is busy except for me.

11. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Good evening.

Dd & family left this morning for State competition. Quiet day here. Dh & I went to Arbys for Reuben sandwiches for dinner. I told him that's his St. Patrick's Day dinner this year. I'm not cooking. He'll get frozen pizza tomorrow. Right now we're watching Darby O'Gill & The Little People, and we'll watch Finian's Rainbow either after Darby O'Gill or tomorow.

Have a good night everyone.

12. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Evening!

I finally finished my performance assessment and am waiting for the TurnItIn report so I can submit it completely. I was at the cookie booth for 3 hours instead of 6. It was pretty slow so they said the girls could leave at 3 if they wanted to and they were actually going to shut down if the other girl didn't show up at 3 for the 3-6 shift. They needed to go pick up more cookies for tomorrow anyway. We came home and I finished up working on my assignment. No idea what we're doing for dinner as I still haven't been to the store, guess I will have to go tomorrow afternoon. My ankle is hurting from standing for so long.

Eli placed 2nd, 2nd, and 3rd at the Derby so didn't make it to the finals. But his car held up and the wheel didn't fall off.

We're watching the newest Ghostbusters on TV and it's pretty funny.

I guess we should start considering dinner since it's 6:30 p.m.

Goodnight friends!

13. sweetpumkinpye

Jess, glad that Eli had fun at the derby and that the wheel did not fly off.
    Sat and finished the last teatowel as part of one of Mum's Christmas gifts. Happy to have that done but think I could do a Summer and Autumn one if I can find appropriate teatowels.
    Lunches are made for the first few day s of the week, made a great fruit salad that we will all share. Will be sad when all the Summer type fruits are gone from the shops. I suppose then we will be taking soup for lunch instead.
    Dinner tonight will be something quick, I am thinking scrambled eggs and English muffins and grilled tomatoes and a good cup of tea.
    Early to bed and start another week,
    Night all.