Saturday, May 11, 2019

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by missjane, May 11, 2019.

1. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Good morning, everyone in MHH World!

2. missjane

Hello, everyone.

I started having leg and foot cramps just before going to bed, so I took one of my muscle relaxers and slept like a baby.

DDIL's mama is staying with DGS#2 at DS and DDIL's house while they're out of town, but I'm going over this morning to stay with him while she goes and does some things she needs to do. DH and I have our appointment with the financial adviser today, so DD22 will come over when I need to leave and stay with DGS until DDIL's mom gets back. I'll pick up a card and the things I need to make lunch tomorrow while I'm out. I need to think about menus for next week and get that stuff, too. We've been eating from the freezer and we're about "meatless." Besides regular house blessings today, I don't have much else going on. I'm resisting deep cleaning until after the 23rd, which will be our last day of school. I turned in my resignation paper for reason of retirement Thursday! Yay!

Hope you all have a great day!

luludou and Ahorsesoul like this.
  3. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Oh my MissJane. It now seem real for retirement. What if they say NO! lol

As a nurse I sure do see a big difference being a patient. No one here has any idea of how to set things up or to give me reminders. You would think they would remember what I did for them. lol I'm feeling putting good. I'll take a shower today after I take off my bandages this morning.

Nothing on my schedule for this weekend. It looks beautiful outside.

4. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Hi Jane and Diedra! All to come too!

So excited for you Jane---retiring!

Diedra, glad you are feeling better.

I laid in bed thinking what all needed done. Think I would get up to start. In fact I am dressed but haven't made it out of my room yet! Just feel like chilling. You know? Allen ran to mow Jaymees but I believe I hear (heard) rain. Chance all week-end.

Really wanted to get some garden stuff out but.....................RAIN RAIN and we are still so WET!

Allen and I will run to Mt. Vernon later fpr dog food and pick up something for Jaymee for Mothers Day from Teigan. Teigan got her a card and we got a small lama thing that Teigan liked (she knows Jay likes them) that can be used for toothpicks at Dollar General. So loving having one here in Ashley! Need to get Aunt Imogene some socks and look at shirts for her. And pants.

Then I might do something here-will see.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  5. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good afternoon, friends!

We had a Mother's Day brunch at church this a.m. It was nice. My daughter was the guest speaker, and she spoke about kindness. We can do little things to show kindness. Most of the time, I feel like a failure. But I am trying. MJ went with me, but she wasn't feeling up to snuff. She and I are both glad she went.

My back hurts me so much, that I may have to Go lie down for a while. It is what I had to do last night. I can always turn on a baseball game and read my book.

It is a chilly damp day. Ugh! It messes with my body, and causes a lot of hurt. I will be glad when the 'rainy' season is over. Enough already!

I gave Jennifer a Mother's Day gift. She and Mike tried for so many years to get pregnant. She was diagnosed with polycystic ovarian disease. But the Lord finally answered their prayer for a child. They named him Samuel because she prayed so long for this child. God is still good. When she told me she was pregnant, and if it was a boy, his name would be Samuel, I quoted that scripture to her. I was in tears. But they never had another child. I was hoping for a granddaughter, but I am thankful for every dgc that I have and great grandchild. Btw, they tried for nine years to get pregnant.

Brysen took his first bath in the big people's tub with his rubber duckie, and LOVED IT. I think he is going to major in splashing 101!

I need to lie down. Hope you all have a great day in preparation to have an even better one tomorrow. Stay safe with this crazy weather. Be blessed. TTYL

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  6. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon to all. cloudy getting ready to rain . very busy day at work. i may take alittle nap woke up several times during the night, enjoy your sat

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  7. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good afternoon!

Today started beautiful and sunny, but the clouds have rolled in and rain will appear soon, I'm sure. J is cutting the grass before the rain falls.

We went to the funeral home last night. It was nice to see my cousins that I rarely see in person. The funeral service was nice and a blessing for the family. My aunt was buried in the same cemetery as my grandparents and 2 of her siblings. After the service, the kids, John and I went searching for their headstones. I was sad because both my mom and aunt couldn't recall where they were buried, just the general area. We found them. I cleared off the weeds and dead grass and will have to get new flowers for them sometime this week. My uncle, who took care of the plots, passed away, and no one else has stepped up to keep up with them. Afterwards, we went out to eat with the kids.

We are going to mass this afternoon so I can sleep in tomorrow.

Jane....so happy your retirement is in sight! Yay for you! Thank you for all your dedicated years as an educator!
    Hi Lana, Pam, Diedra and HW2!

Have a blessed day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  8. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Evening!

PamelaG - yes the series of movies with Catherine Bell - very Hallmarkish - light and cute

So last night we babysat the dog... of course it was raining and he kept going in and out.. and he has a cone around the head as he was operated this week.... he broke his small chain and I had to run after him while he was rolling around in the mud in neighbor's garden (not yet planted) and then we came in. I had as much mud on me as he did :rolleyes:

This morning dh got the small armoire put up in the bathroom. I dusted all main floor (except office-craft room as it is full of bthroom stuff yet). tomorrow I'll put stuff in the armoire. I went through some of the pharmacy supplies. Have a bag of old meds to bring back to the pharmacy. General picking up. After lunch went to town with the truck and ds followed us in the other truck - picked up miror for bathroom and had no place for 4 people with that in our SUV. Then we all went to ikea (they wanted a patio set but didn't buy one yet). I got myself a folding patio table and also another boot tray (never have enough of these!) and then we finished it off with costco. Some t-shirts and a pair of shorts for me. dh got jeans and some tshirts and then some food. ds & ddil got food for cat and dog and a few other things. Got chicken low-mein for supper and krispy crem doughnuts. Kids are here for supper. we are all tired now. Batman is on tv.
    https://www.ikea.com/ca/fr/p/aepplaroe-table-a-abattants-exterieur-teinte-brun-brun-50208535/

PamelaG likes this.
  9. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    Sunday here, it's Mother's Day. It is grey and cold here today, I am hoping that it will clear up at some stage as I washed the dining room rug on Friday and it is on the clothes line, I hope that it does not rain on it and then it takes a few more days to dry.
    DH has made me croissants and coffee and given me a Christmas quilt cover, DS has given me some bottles of my favourite drink and some chocolate bars. All things that I like. Excited about the Christmas bedding, my room will look very festive come December.
    Not sure what DD is doing today, I was hoping to go and get pedis done with her, my mum and myself. I mentioned it a few days ago but she went to a concert last night and indicated that she may not be in good form today lol. Will have to catch up another day.

Better get a move on, chores needing to be done to get ready for the new week at work,

10. missjane

Hi, everyone.

Just getting back to the house from going to see the financial adviser, shopping a little on Monroe, buying groceries and running a few errands. Things are on target financially - what a relief to actually hear. I wanted to find a new dress to wear for graduation, but wasn't really in the mood to shop much. I did get two new shirts, one for Memorial Day and another that I'm going to wear with some dress slacks for graduation. I went to Mama's and dug out the little drainage ditch to get some of the water off her garden. It will have to be done better later, but maybe the plants won't drown or scorch when the sun comes out. What it really needs is a big load of dirt brought in and added to it.

Diedra, remember to not do too much, even though you're feeling better. I bet you were a wonderful nurse! ! I will cry if they don't accept it! LOL! But, they've already made the decision for my sister to take over my job and signed her transfer papers from her current school to come to mine. She's 6 years older than me, but taught in Texas from where she retired due to health conditions. She moved home and with medicine changes and better self care, her health improved enough she went back to teaching, but needs more years before she can retire. She's loves teaching. It's her passion, and even though I was good at it, it's never been my passion. I think she will be a real asset to my students, and I can feel good knowing they'll be in the hands of my sister.
    Lana, I think we all have those days when we need to just chill. Real melancholy set in with me with all the cloudy days we had this winter, and we're still not getting a lot of sunshine now. LOTS of rain here, too. I'm thankful for the square foot gardens DH built or my garden would be drowning.
    Pam, hope your back gets to feeling better! I know you're proud of Jennifer.
    Faye, hope you got to take that nap!
    Lisa, it seems like we only see extended family at funerals, especially DH's family. Glad you got to see some cousins, but sorry for the occasion.
    Lucie, I know it's not funny now about the dog, but that will probably be one of those stories about you and the dog that is told over and over. Sounds like it was a busy day for you.
    Katrina, how exciting to get Christmas decor for your bedroom! If you can't get the manis and pedis today, maybe you can do it another day. Happy mother's day!

Rest well, friends.

Last edited: May 12, 2019
    Ahorsesoul likes this.
  11. sweetpumkinpye

Getting things done here.
    DH and I bagged up the chicken that I bought the other day and it is now in the freezer.. DH is actually a qualified butcher and did that as a job until about 15 years ago. It is a handy skill to have and it means he can get a lot of meat off what I buy to maximise what we can use. He is now simmering the last of the homegrown tomatoes and chilies and making a sauce for on mince. I think it will be a touch spicy.
    Still need to go to the shops and get supplies for the week and fill up the car with petrol, come home and vacuum. I like to be ready for the week ahead.

missjane, yes I am thrilled with the bedding. It will make my room very festive for the Christmas period.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  12. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Evening!

The Luau last night was great. We had a great time and I made a new friend. I indulged too much on Mai Tais and ended up sick on the way home. DH had a little bag in the truck that I used and then we pulled over to empty it and I don't remember anything else until we got home. I think I threw up a little on my dress so it's in the washer now. I woke up around 4 with a horrible headache and stomach cramps, so off to the bathroom I went and I took an Ibuprofen. Went back to bed and woke up headache free, thank goodness, but still not feeling great. I haven't been that drunk in a very long time.

Eli had a game this morning and his team won 10-1. He got hit with the ball when he was up to bat, it hit him pretty hard in the elbow. He took his base and they subbed someone in to run the bases for him. He's fine now. I took the girls to Kualoa Ranch for their Jurassic Tour and we just got home. I had planned on sitting on the beach across the street but their tour ended up only being an hour so I just sat there in one of their lounge chairs by the horses and read my book.

No plans for this evening. Tomorrow morning DH and I are going to leave bright and early on the bike and ride over to the east side of the island for breakfast and afterwards stop at some touristy spots to take pictures. Then we'll go to the Harley boutique downtown to look before he has to bring me back and go to work.

Jane- Yay on turning in the paperwork!!
    Diedra- I'm glad they are putting whatever meds they used on your "list" to not use again. It's the worst when you are in recovery and pain from that to be sick.
    Lana- You deserve to have a chill day or weekend!
    Pam- Did you ever go in and see about how to charge your stimulator? If not, you need to do that ASAP! Does no good if it doesn't help you or you can't get it charged so it can work.
    Faye- Hope you got that nap!
    Lisa- It's so nice seeing you here more often! I'm glad you will take care of the graves. It's sad when they get forgotten.
    Lucie- Aren't dogs the best? hehe
    Katrina- Happy Mother's Day already to you!

Enjoy what's left of your day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  13. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

It is about 10:45 will go shower. Got some stuff done but i worked slower so not all done. Will go see Aunt Im in a.m. and hopefully come home and finish up the cleaning I wanted done this weekend.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  14. sweetpumkinpye

Well the end of another weekend here, gees they go quickly. Got everything on my to do list done which is a nice feeling, means I can start the week fresh and caught up.
    The weeks are certainly flying aren't they?

Hope that you all have a great night,
    Much love,

Ahorsesoul likes this.