Saturday May 26th, 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, May 26, 2018.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Good Morning!

2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

I am up but since I didn't really get my plants and potting soil the other day or more spray paint I won't be doing that until tom.. Have a party at Mt. Vernon late afternoon so will get stuff then.

I believe Ryan is to get Teigan so she won't be able to go to the party. I really like her to spend time with him but seems the times he does pick something is going on. That is the way it is and will be so..... She will be excited to see him.

Jess, the kids will love you for it.

GrammaDeb, glad you got a fridge!

Jane have a nice time and glad the cars are fixed.

Last night mom, Teigan and I ran to exchange a pair of sandals at Dollar General. I got 8's yesterday a.m. and needed 9's. Then went to DQ. Jaymee ran to Mt. Vernon for rest of their stuff for trip. Teigan wanted to go with us. I have gotten a few cute dresses at Dollar General for Teigan.
    I didn't get to the fabric store at lunch. Right before my lunch 5 people walked in and wanted 3 new accounts so my boss took over that and I went to lunch and just stayed in-in case we got busy. Might run this a.m. but not sure. Would love to go order shutters too. Going with white vinyl board and batten. Joined together with 3 pieces across. Sorry think I told that already.

Suppose I better be deciding here what I want to do!

Have a GREAT day everybody!

3. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon to all slow at work. guess a lot of people went to the beach. i work tomo but off mon and tues. enjoy your day

4. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Hello. This is the first Memorial Day weekend we have not decorated family & ancestor graves. We are too far away with family commitments. I'll need to honor them in other ways.

Dcat did not like my Christmas music yesterday - he walked in the room and laid his ears back, sulked, and then he left. Crafting yesterday was a bust - I fell asleep after just a few minutes. And I didn't get to watch the Christmas movie because I went to dgd's gymnastics with dd, and that pretty much finished out the day. I will have to try again today.

DD found out she is going to be a grandma - that will give us 2 great-grandbabies. I already have a baby quilt started - the one I started for dggs #1and didn't finish. I'm happy to have a good reason to finish it.

I need to plan my day and get off this couch. Have a great day!

5. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

GrammaDeb congrats on the new gbaby
    Jane - glad car troubles are over.

Seems I didn't post yesterday. was super busy at work. making myself sick with the antics of the secretary and me having to do her work. I've come to a decision (hope I can stick with it!) I have said my piece about her absences, tardiness, short hours of work, NO work when she is there, always chatting or on her cell phone AND when she does work it is garbage...so now I will keep quiet and not mind her. Of course when she comes to me every half hour for me to do HER job it doesn't help! I will tell them I will not do her work anymore... anyhow almost all work has been reassigned so she doesn't have much to do anyways now. I will stay zen and shut up from now on.

after work yesterday we went to costco's. mostly food items but dh got 2 t-shirts. I got 1 + 2 pair of pj boxer shorts + underwear (I need all these for upcoming vacations :) ). we got mcd's on the way home. At noon I had gone out and bought myself a pair of shorts. Was a really nice day temperature-wise.
    Met right-side neighbors at costco they just got a brand-new camper and showed it to us. Then left-side neighbors came by to chat for a few hours in the evning.

This morning was awake at 5:15 :( but got up at 6:00. did not do gym... I do need to stretch because I feel all left side of my body is achy - ah well, later. Went to the grocery store with dh, visited Paris, folded towels. Lunch & dishes are done. dh is gone with neighbor to see some bbq's ... they will negociate for the buying of 2. Cat is here as ds left him before going to a golf game. his girlfriend will come tonight.
    I wrote down a to-do list for my 4-day weekend :)

Air is a bit cool this morning so I will stay inside for a few and go out later.

6. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I didn't get to work until 8 last night because we had a girl scout meeting, so I didn't get home until around midnight. I got in two big pallets of Nissin as I predicted. I was able to empty one but didn't touch the other one so I will have to deal with it tonight. We had our friends for dinner and then after girl scouts I picked up their kids and they stayed the night. DH just made pancakes for all the kids and then our friends are coming over for omelets after they run by the Commissary to grab a few things for us. Not sure what the day will bring. I know they want to explore some more and then this afternoon we're going to do the Historical Society train ride. I want to get to the NEX this weekend because they are having a sale on some things like t-shirts and a canopy we could use at the beach, sandals, etc. So maybe we could go there after breakfast. We'll see what they want to do.

I should probably go get ready before they arrive. I think tomorrow morning they are gong to the lagoons, but DD can't swim so, as much as I want to, we won't be joining them.

Enjoy your day!

7. angelpugs

angelpugs Member

Good early evening as it's been busy here getting alot of things done here but,today is our time as my son and i did our bbq as we enjoy ou quiet time and this weekend we are just relaxing around home.It's some humid here so ac's are in and going although we are suppose to get storms through monday so it's a quiet weekend of movie watching,i hope you all have a safe and happy Memorial Day Weekend. Happy-Memorial-Day-Gif-picture.gif

luludou likes this.
  8. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning all.
    Sunday here of a 3 day weekend. DS has a friend visiting and they are off seeing the sights. DH is pottering and I am in my craft/christmas room trying to tidy it up. It has been a dumping ground since DD left and I moved the bed from there to her old room. Glad to be finally cleaning it up.
    Coffee with a friend this afternoon and then will decide what to do for dinner. Not sure if DS and friend will be here or out.
    Need to make some soup this weekend to put in the freezer to get us through the next few winter months. Love having soup as a go to.

Coffee break over, speak soon.