Saturday November 24th, 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Good Morning!

Was up early yesterday and Allen went to Menards for batteries and then turned around and went back for more. Yesterday afternoon after Teigan left with Ryan, Jaymee and I went to Mt. Vernon. Wasn't really looking for alot. Pretty sure she is getting a house but it won't close till January sometime. She picked out a gray sectional and we went to Lowes to price appliances and got a GREAT sales lady!!! She was super nice, patient and went out of her way to find best deals. I am sure we know what she is getting and have till the 28th for the 24 months free interest. Got a cute vanity, mirror and such for half bath. Got Teigan a few things. Claires was buy 3 --- 3 free anything in store!

Have showered now and will run by the funeral home and then go see Aunt Imogene.

Would like to go to Mt. Vernon to Wal-Mart (didn't go there) but will see. Want to decorate.

Suppose to be 59.

Have a GREAT day!

Pam, feeel better

Jane sorry about the van

Jess another driver yipee

HI to all others

2. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning.

Another lousy night of sleeping. It is raining here this a.m. But supposed to clear out later today. It is going to be in the mid 50s! But next week...ugh! Need I say more.

I think I am getting on the plus side of better health. At least, I hope so. I am not in the mood to eat much yet. Right now, I am enjoying a big mug of hot tea.

Jane, hope the van is not going to hurt your budget. Sorry that your DH has the crud.
    I need to empty a can of Lysol around here.

TTYL

3. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Good morning everyone! After 7 days, 11 states, and 3935 miles, through deserts, plains, mountains, forests, cities, river valleys and Indian nations, we made it to Washington. We had a lovely Thanksgiving with Sophia and even squeezed in a little Black Friday shopping. Vic is on his way back to Virginia - our bi-coastal life begins!

A very late Rudolph Day warning - it's tomorrow. Our hostess, housewife2, has chosen Elf for our movie so pop in the DVD, decorate, craft, or cook or all three, and stop over on the November 2018 Rudolph Day thread to let us know how you spent the day.

I'll try to get back to regular Chit Chat on Monday but it's my first day at work so bear with me if it takes me a few days to catch up.

Christmas Card exchange cards are already coming in the mail - this could have been a very bleak Christmas for me but I have my family, my friends, a whole lot of spirit, and lots of creativity so I will make it one to remember!

4. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good morning!

It's another rainy, gray day here. It's freezing rain, so lots of accidents in the area. H went to work early this morning, told me he was almost done an hour ago and still isn't home. I'll feel better when he is home. Nothing planned for today due to the weather. I'm finishing up our laundry, then the kids will start their things. I paid bills, cleaned out a cabinet in the den, just putzing around doing odds and ends. I'm going to finish making my exchange cards today and get them in the mail this week.

Jess...yay! another driver! You'll love having a driver in the family.
    Pamela...glad you made it safely. I enjoyed following your trek across the states.
    Pam...glad you are feeling a bit better.
    Jane...hope your van is an easy repair!
    Lana....happy for Jaymee and the house news. That's exciting for her, I bet.

I'll try to stop in later....have a blessed Saturday!

5. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

Good morning!!

I am eating my breakfast. I fed the squirrels and birds.

We are watching the high school playoff game in about 2 hours.... online. We are skipping the long drive and sitting out in the freezing cold and instead watching it in our warm office.

Kiddo asked to watch the Viking series last night. We binged watched with him. Great family time. I think we almost made it through season 1.

Next week I am going to start baking Christmas cookies. Two per week. I have my two picked out for this coming week.

Not much else going on here. Just trying to stay warm.

Jess... your son is driving now?? Have fun!! It is a new kinda mom stress.
    Pam... take it easy. Hope you continue to feeling better.

6. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Afternoon!
    Got up at 6:30 with the snowplow... there wasn't even snow! pfffff
    Much balmier today but no time to go out.

DH got the bathtub out of the bathroom today, we will be showering in the basement for awhile. He just left to go visit his uncle.

I have baked skor squares and a pound cake that I cut into slices and it is all in the freezer now. did tons of dishes. Starting to wrap the woodslice ornaments I made. Dusted and vaccumed hallway, office and my bedroom. My to-do list is a mile long but we'll see whatever gets done.

DS bought the google home mini I wanted when he went to the store - I prefer to get it from walmart than bestbuy, easier for their warranty!

7. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

sad sad day for me my dog died this morning. pets become part of your family she will surely be missed

8. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

I'm so sorry, our family went through this recently and it is such a tough time. Our pets certainly are family members. Hugs.

9. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear this Faye. A very sad time.

10. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I thought I had posted this morning, guess not. DH and I went early and had breakfast at McDonalds and then took DS's battery to O'Reilly's. He wanted them to verify that it was bad. We left it there and came home. They called an hour or so later to say that it was, in fact, bad. We headed back over and bought a new one. Well, DS bought a new one with his savings account. haha The car still isn't starting though. DH thinks he knows what's going on so the battery is on the charger for now and he'll go back to it in a while. DS is off for the day to a friends for their Thanksgiving meal and then he'll go to work this evening.

We've been working on a puzzle and DH and DD just went to the PX to do some shopping. I'm about to have leftovers for lunch. I got DS added fully onto the insurance now as a full fledged driver. We bought a new 7.5' tree yesterday so it's up and fluffed, just needs ornaments and I need to get the front room straightened and organized so it's nice. I guess maybe we'll do ornaments tomorrow since DS isn't here now. It's a beautiful tree. We walked by some real trees this morning and they smelled amazing! I might have to buy a real wreath this year to hang somewhere in the house.

Faye- So sorry to hear about your furry friend. Animals definitely become family.

Enjoy your day!

11. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

So sorry your beloved dog walked over the Rainbow bridge today.

12. sweetpumkinpye

Good morning all. HAPPY RUDY DAY....1 MONTH TO GO.
    It is a little cool here this morning. I know that soon it will be really hot and I will not be happy so will put up with the cool for now.

Watched the Christmas Chronicles on Netflix last night. It was quite cute. Saved a few more movies to my list.
    Today I would like to set up my planner for next year and finish wrapping a gift for DD BF. I got a gift voucher yesterday for the ice cream shop near our house to go with the movie and popcorn pack I got him. I think that I have finished now. I need to tidy up the stockings at some stage, and that will be the last Rudy Day of the year done for me.

Work for me tomorrow so will need to get clothes ready and make lunches for the next 2 days. Only 9 days left at work for me this year so need to start tidying up a few things and get ready for the shut down. Getting to be a busy time.

teachermomof2 likes this.
  13. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

I'm so sorry for your loss. It's so hard to lose a pet.

14. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Faye - I'm so sorry to hear about your fur baby. Very sad. Hugs to your family.

15. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all!

Back from Syracuse after a basically pleasant holiday with family. It was especially nice to stay at a hotel and sleep late and lie around and watch TV.

Faye - my sympathies of the loss of your pup. It is one of the saddest things to experience

sweetpumkinpye likes this.
  16. sweetpumkinpye

Lots of activity here at our house. DS is cleaning his bathroom, I have just done mine. Still need to vacuum and finish tidying the house.
    Want to keep on top of things here so that the lead up to Christmas is stress free.
    Pulled a recipe from Facebook for a marshmallow and peppermint pie, will add that to the planner for a dessert for next Christmas. Looks delicious and easy.
    DH has ribs cooking in the oven smells good.
    Will keep moving, still got a bit to do.

17. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Good evening. Quiet day here.

DD & I took dgd to gymnastics early this morning. Dgd got sick and spent awhile in the locker room resting and drinking water. We gave her some glucose tablets, not knowing what her problem was, and she was back at it after about 20 minutes. I was so angry because the coach never even checked on her, and parents are not allowed on the gym floor or locker room. In fact, the school doesn't even want parents to be there - too bad, we always stay. Turns out they left the heat on all night, it was too warm, and she overheated.

I ordered a new recliner for DH, and it was delivered this morning before we got home from gymnastics...still in the box. Dsil will put it together after he wakes from his nap.

We have friends from church coming to visit tonight, so I put brownies in the oven. I don't know if they like chocolate, so I have vanilla ice cream too. It smells pretty good in here. Dgd just ran down the stairs to look in the oven to see what smells so good.

Have a nice evening!

18. sweetpumkinpye

Deb, brownies and vanilla ice cream sound good.
    Ticking things off the to do list. Have tidied and vacuumed and wrapped another gift. Put new command hooks on the front windows to hold wreaths for when I decorate. Want to sit down now and look at my planner or maybe have a nap.

19. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Faye, sorry about your dog. Hugs!

Getting ready to turn in. Was almost 60 out and so nice but ran around getting a few things done.

20. Myron's Mom

Myron's Mom Active Member

Housewife, I have tears in my eyes. So sorry for your loss.