Saturday November 3rd, 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Good A.M.!

2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Seems to be letting me in. Can't wait to get the other one and be up all the time. Except wasn't planning on spending the money on that right now!

I work till noon and then hope to finish the turkeys to get stuff mailed out.

Haven't been able to stay up with post but saw where Pam was heading to get fixed up. Hope all is well.

I better clear out while it is acting good. Want to order some Christmas on Amazon.

Have a GREAT day!

3. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Good Morning,
    Hi, Lana
    I was thinking I would spend the day in the kitchen baking and freezing items for the wedding and Christmas but am not feeling it because I need to start organizing the gift closet. It is a mess. If I get in there I will know how where I am at gift wise. DH said he would assist with the emptying of the attic too. So... it will be a day of discovery.

Wishing you all a great day.

4. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

I am finally finding a minute to check in. Life has been busy.

I had to order Kiddo's cap and gown for graduation and the order form was so confusing. Had to call to find out how to make sure he gets the right stuff for graduation. I had plans to rake the front yard yesterday but a strong wind came up... there was no point. Now is it raining. Gotta get that cleaned up before we get a big dump of snow.

I have no major plans for today. I took a break from knitting. I need to get back at it and get more of the blanket done. I might looks through my cookbooks for inspiration... or just look at more food blogs.

I am going to be doing a small countdown to Thanksgiving on my blog for the next few weeks. Come by and say "HI".

sweetpumkinpye likes this.
  5. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Good morning all! It is windy today and I think more rain will be coming through. It is good that I plan to spend it inside.

Feeling pretty much "blech" today. Going to mainly rest today - maybe knit a bit and go through some papers and work on my holiday list. I did send out the evite for our Hanukkah party so that is taken care of. Chinese take out for dinner.

Jody - I love the idea of "a day of discovery"
    Carrie - hope the weather cooperates for cleaning up the yard
    Lana - hope you get all done today

6. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

Debbie... It doesn't look like the weather is going to cooperate. Started raining about an hour ago. Not major but enough to make the leaves wet and yucky.

7. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Hi, Kids!

Well, I had my surgery yesterday. They said I was an ideal patient. I kept cracking jokes, and kept people laughing. I came home, but should have gone to DD's. I did ok, but had a weird dream this a.m. and literally fell out of bed. Busted my lip and knocked 2 teeth loose! Bled like crazy! They didn't come out, thank God! But I am sore all over and will not be biting into an apple anytime soon. My mouth is sore. I can hardly move! Prayers would be much appreciated.

Nothing much to add. I will be taking some pain meds here shortly. Hope you all have a great day!

Carrie, what is your blog?
    Lana, I know you will have a busy afternoon with Miss T, perhaps?
    JoDee, I love your day of discovery! You must share your discoveries with us.
    Debbie, we all are entitled to Blech days!

8. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

We had a nice time last night at dinner with our cousin. I had two Mai Tais, one too many because I have a headache this morning. I had a slight headache last night. I didn't sleep well at all, kept waking up all night long, it was a rough, long night. DS went to work and was there for a couple hours. He texted me and said he needed me to come get him ASAP because he had thrown up and felt like he was going to again. I told him we were downtown so he was on his own. He replied, that he had forgot. He was home and in his room with his lights on and talking to a friend on the phone, still in his uniform when we got home at almost 9. He didn't look too worse for wear so i'm wondering if he really was sick or just didn't want to be at work. :rolleyes: No telling with that kid.

There is a craft fair at Hickam today so at least DD and I will be heading there this morning. DH is going to be working on the motorcycle. I need to focus on schoolwork this afternoon and DD has a birthday party to go to. I need to see if we can borrow my friends lawn mower since ours is still broken and our yard is crazy. I will get the rest of Halloween down today and packed up. I kind of want to go through my totes and get rid of some old stuff and try to combine them into one, but we'll see.

Lana- Glad you were able to get on!
    Jody- Good luck on your discovery day!
    Carrie- Have fun with your knitting.
    Debbie- Sorry you're still feeling not well. I hope it passes soon.
    Pam- Take care of yourself!!

Enjoy your day!

9. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning all,
    just after 6.30 am here and I am off to Sydney for a DrillDance meeting. This one will discuss the comments made by the board back in July that led to my team deciding not to go forward. It will be interesting to see what the outcome is.

Got everything done yesterday and the house is ship shape for the new week. Glad I had it looking nice as DD,BF and his parents dropped in yesterday afternoon!! Talk about panic! They asked if they could bring their two dogs over to meet our two. Thankfully the dogs got on really well and the house was clean so no anxiety there. Isn't it funny what we get anxious about?
    I am grateful to have new friends in my life and am glad that DD found this wonderful man.
    Anyway best head off, have to pick up mum and one of my team members.

10. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Afternoon! was awake at 7:00 but got up a bit later. got groceries with dd, hers and ours. dd baked 3 tourtières for her, and a 5 lb bag of beets are cooked and marinated (for her). I have spaghetti sauce in the crockpot and made some hamburger patties with the rest of the ground meat. Now have a ham in the oven. LOTS of dishes were done too.
    That has been my day... so nothing on my to-do list got done.

have the kids for supper here tonight, will make lasagna. MIL will be coming too. dh is gone to see his uncle who got operated on his leg. he worked in the bathroom and got the snow tires on dd's car at the garage.

11. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Lucie your house must smell wonderful!
    Katrina. So glad you and the future might-be-future-in-laws are getting along so well
    Jessica, You are so very busy. I am glad you are enjoying your time in Hawaii
    Pam, Hope you are feeling better this evening. Prayers for fast healing for all the "wounds" from your dream. And yes, you should have stayed with your DD but you are so independent!
    Cmerth, DD ate the last muffin today!
    Debbie, You are getting so much planning done you won't have anything left to do but enjoy yourself.
    Jody, Sending prayers for a good wedding.
    Lana, Think of the computer as an early Christmas gift. One less to wrap. Hope it gets set up quickly.

DD had some lovely days but Friday morning was a disaster. After her nap she was feeling better.

Today my friend had her neighbors pick up the sofa. Two neighbor brothers came and were out of here in less than 5 minutes. The picked up those pieces of the sectional like it was a little long hay bale, lifted it half over the banister, turned it on it's side and came down the stairs. Puff, they were gone. It took the 3 furniture movers longer to get it up stairs 11 years ago. Dh used the canister vacuum and then we turned the robot loose. Now the carpet is spic and span.

I have my menu done for the week done except for finding out what Dh and DD want on their days.

Tomorrow I help DS clean his downstairs. Then his house will be done. I told him I would bring lunch but haven't gotten anything ready. I might just bring some chicken wings to cook there. In the afternoon DD's friend wants me to come change her clocks for her and take photos of her in her old Halloween costumes. Her sister took photos but has never gotten her any photos.

The schedule for the coming week looks pretty empty so I hope to get my Thanksgiving plans all in place. We are having the family Thanksgiving on the weekend after the big day. But LC1 wants to work on Thanksgiving Day so I think we should do something special that day for her. Maybe make a Turkey Cake. It's really good.
    https://www.chowhound.com/recipes/thanksgiving-turkey-cake-29029

Have a good evening.

luludou likes this.
  12. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Afternoon!

DD and I headed out to the craft fair. We went by the PX to grab coffee and hot chocolate beforehand and it took 20 minutes to get our drinks. I'm just about done with the PX location. We finally arrived to the craft fair and started walking around and my friend got there about 10 minutes behind us, guess it was a good thing we got held up or we would have been almost done by the time she got there. She ended up bringing all her kids, when I thought she was just bringing the youngest. DD purchased a painting. It was listed for $15, but she only had $9 in cash so the artist let her have it for that because she didn't want to fuss with the Square for her phone. haha I bought a sign for my mom and a sign for DH for Christmas. The ring booth wasn't there that I got my wave ring from last year and I wanted to replace it since I lost it. So that was a bummer. Oh well. I did see some down at Boutiki, so i'll have to make another trip down there I guess. We got caught in traffic on the way home and it took about 45 minutes, crazy! We were home for maybe 10 minutes and then right back out the door to get DD to the birthday party. When we arrived the birthday girl and her family weren't even there yet and it was the party start time. o_O One of DD's other friends were there so I left them. It was on post and not far from home.

DH and I went on a motorcycle ride and got shave ice, then on the way home we picked up a piece to attempt to fix the mower. It was successful and DH just mowed the yard since DS has drivers ed this evening for a make up class for the one the instructor cancelled the first week. I'm finally getting ready to start working on schoolwork. I really, really want a nap instead! I'm exhausted from little sleep last night.

Katrina- I'm anxious to hear about your meeting!
    Lucie- Sounds like you've been busy cooking!
    Diedra- Which robot vacuum do you have?

13. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

We got everything pulled out of the attic. I didn't look through it. DH made a discovery of some art work his dad did long long ago. He found it in a book he was looking through. I will be going through it all very quickly tomorrow because my neighbor has some one coming on Tuesday to do a pick up of household goods. I am not sure what I will find other than old old taxes and college notes and misc. I will keep you posted.

14. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good evening,
    Back from the meeting! We got an apology from the board member that caused all the problems back in July. It was not a fabulous apology but it was there none the less. She understood that her comments were hurtful and disrespectful. After a long discussion with the other teams we have accepted the board members apology and had closed the topic. Unless we pick up another member we will not be able to compete this year but we can still attend events and perform and get adjudicated on. We are not eligible for any prizes until be have 6 members. We are basically performing this year to say screw you and that you cannot push us around.

Anyway, lunch is packed for tomorrow, I am about to have a shower and get ready for bed.

Much love,

MrsSoup, luludou and missjane like this.