Saturday October 27th, 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, Oct 27, 2018.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Good Morning!!!

2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

I was sleeping good and Teig P got up.

Allen and I went to bed about 1:30. Got all the turkeys cut out! Did 14 and each one has 21 pieces (some you have to do pieces to iron on too) so now to iron the pieces on and sew.

Will put a turkey in the roaster in a few minutes.

I really wanted my room done before now but......

Have a GREAT day!

Trunk or Treat was nice. Alitte drizzling. They always do chips, chili and hot dogs.

3. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good morning!

It's a cold and rainy Saturday. I am glad to have a day off to catch up on things. It's been a rough week at home. We found out that M and her friends were communicating with an online predator, so much of our time was spent dealing with that this week. Deleting accounts, contacting police and the school. And more. It's terrifying. We did have a nice night at the Halloween parade. It was cold and windy, but dry, so that was good.
    The Tahoe is broken down. The wheel bearing is shot, so I can't drive it. Sigh. I asked J to order it two weeks ago, because it was going bad. He didn't and here I am without my favorite vehicle. :( Thank goodness we have an "extra" vehicle for me to drive.

Another week in at work. Today is shopping for a blouse for M's concert and pumpkins to carve tonight. Laundry is going. Beds are stripped. Bills are paid and Halloween cards are sent to the kiddos. I think I have things together for this moment. I've been quite forgetful lately.

Hope you all have a fabulous Saturday! I need to catch up! What kind of turkeys are you making Lana?

luludou likes this.
  4. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning, All.

It is another damp, chilly day here in east central Indiana (ECI). I loathe this weather. I also loathed selling things. I am going to sell my (wait for it...) IKEA dresser. I hate to give it up, but there is no room once I get the "new" bedroom stuff from Jay. And my old farm granite ware table that I had used as a vanity. I am going to move it into the living room for sewing and put up my card table.

Had a run in with DD yesterday. It hurt. I just do not want anyone to know my business. Not now, anyway. I asked her if she could get a few things for me at the grocery. They would have cost less than ten dollars. I get a lecture instead. So, I told her I looked in my cabinets and found enough food to sustain me for the coming week. Beans, pasta, eggs in the fridge, and that I had enough change to buy a loaf of bread. I love my daughter very much. And I made mistakes. But I do not appreciate being told what to do by my kid. I know I am rambling. But I just had to vent. This has been a very trying week, to say the least.

Lindsay is going to move back in with her grandparents, and Steve and Mel are keeping Brysen. She put a pic of him on Facebook. Oh my goodness! He is so adorable. Looks a lot like his mama. I love this baby!

Think I will go make coffee or hot chocolate. Hmmmm, decisions, decisions! Thank you for being my friends and listening.

5. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! Rain and wind today. Hope it lessens before DH and I have to go out and head to the city.

Slept in a bit and made some sausage and eggs for brunch. Don't plan to do much today except knitting and reading the paper. Maybe a few odds and ends of decluttering - I think I can fill another bag

Watching Pittsburgh. Hits too close to home.

Pam - Hope Lindsay does well at her grandparents. Think how big your apartment will look with less furniture.
    Lisa - how scary for M, her friends and you - glad things were caught in time
    Lana - the smell of roasting turkey is so homey
    Wadeallie - great to see you posting agin.

6. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

The Brigade event last night was okay, I liked last year's event better. DS was the hit of the evening in his inflatable dinosaur costume. From the moment we arrived he had a following of little children either following him or wanting to play with him, some were a little shy of him but curious and others were all over him. Parents came up and asked if he would take a photo with their child. He did great and played with them and danced with them. It was wild. He finally took the costume off when we were getting food so he could actually eat and take a break. We left after that.

DS and I got into a huge fight after he got home from school and he obviously didn't go to work. He says he will go in this evening, we'll see. I told him exactly what I thought and about responsibility and obligation, what we expected, etc. Then I went and took a shower and blasted my music because I was so mad. I had to just not look at him for a while.

DH works the afternoon shift today, not looking like we're doing anything this morning though. Eli has the Raingutter Regatta this afternoon. He and DH did his boat last night. We might make cookies today, we'll see.

Lana- Glad trunk or treat was nice! That's a lot of turkeys!
    Lisa- Oh my! Scary for sure! So glad that you caught it! Sorry about the Tahoe.
    Pam- Sorry about the run in with your DD. She should have just grabbed what you needed, no questions asked.
    Debbie- I always love the thought of brunch but can never not eat that long to hold out for brunch. LOL

Enjoy your day!

7. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Good Afternoon all MHHers

Miss Jane. You are teaching way ahead of your peers. You are a blessing to your students!
    Our house is no longer low fat. We eat full fat everything without strict limiting. All of us have excellent Cholesterol levels. This surprises me since both my parents had high cholesterol levels. Not sure if eating gluten free has anything to do with it. I should do some research to see if gluten free helps the levels. When I first found out I had celiac disease (along with DD) I found a lot of low fat products had other things added including gluten sometimes. We also can't tolerate oats.

DD's friend came today. I usually have her vacuum but I'm going to have her Swiffer the floors instead. Our LCs help with he vacuuming and we have robot vacuums. I love the Robots because they go so slow they get a lot more of the pet hair (and probably people hair but we blame the pets because they do not complain when we blame them).

DD has had mostly good days. Talked herself out of work on Wednesday but went on Friday. We have had a few shopping outings without too many problems. She is taking two naps a day so I think that is what is helping.

Today I picked up some battery powered Christmas lights from Walmart. It was the smaller set of 20 lights. I put on a long sleeve white shirt and kind of wrapped them around me. Then DD took a photo. Looks ok but needs to be the bigger bulbs with more lights on each string. So jeans, long sleeve white shirts, wrap ourselves in Christmas lights (each person) with Santa hats on will be our Christmas photo this year. I was thinking about doing Grinch t-shirts but I think I will wait until next year.

We have started a new puzzle. Our goal is to do housework and chores in the morning then break out the puzzle. We've been at it two days so far. It's starting to come together so another two days should do it.

It's been rainy here. We could use the water so no complaints. Temps have been in the 40s and 50s so fairly pleasant. At 40 I wear a sweater but at 50 I'm in short sleeves unless it's really windy.

Dh has decided on the older grand boys gifts. Another round of hunting guns for them. They each had them on their wish list so we let the parents know Gift certificates are on the way. They will need them for hunting season of course.

This week furniture was on sale. I picked out a sofa, chair and curio cabinet and Dh decided on a new mattress. Guess he didn't like the one he got two years ago. He's never complained until now. lol

Wishing all a good weekend.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
    teachermomof2 likes this.
  8. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon. rainy and cool. t ball game was cancelled. just hanging out at home went thur some christmas stuff this morning. ready to decorate when halloween is over.

9. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Afternoon!
    Pam - sorry about your run-in with your dd. I agree your appart will look so much bigger. Glad Lindsay is back
    HW2 - I too want the Halloween stuff out and Christmas decor in
    Diedra - glad Vanessa is doing well - love your Christmas picture idea
    Jess - teenage years are hard for the parents
    Halimer - sounds like a perfect day to me
    Lisa how awful! just glad everything is now in the hands of the police and that the girls are allright
    Lana what are all those turkeys for?

Got up late (stayed up late watching Halloween movies), dusted bedroom, hallway & office & vaccumed them. washed the 2 last oustide windows. Put up my fairy lights in kitchen armoire, did laundry last night and more this morning. did dishes. decluttered some clothes. now sitting down to relax. dh put something around the gazebo to winterize it a little, he is now working in the bathroom.

Supper will be from frozen.

10. MrsSoup

The older kids and I watched Pet Sematary this morning. DH went on a run and came home and showered and was in a mood. Him and Eli were going to go get haircuts and then walked right back into the house. He got a message asking him to come into work right then because the morning instructor didn't show up. So off he went. I was happy to have him and his mood out of the house. I hope he returns in a better one. :rolleyes: DD and I are now watching Ghost Adventures. Need to see if I have more hamburger to pull out for dinner, otherwise i'll change the plan.

Diedra- I sure didn't know that about the coconut oil, but I also don't use it. I bought it for one recipe a while back and used it for that and never used it again. I have hereditary high cholesterol and i'm on medication for it so I really don't want to use something that will increase it. What kind of robot vacuum do you have? I want to put one on my Christmas list but the dogs shed so much i'm afraid it would break it picking up all their hair.

11. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    A very pretty Sunday here, it will be warm but not hot.
    I am going to take little dog to meet DD and BF and his dog down by our big lake and go for a walk. We will then come back here, maybe have some lunch and watch a movie, not sure yet. Still need to fold the laundry that I have been avoiding all week.
    Only work on Monday this week, have Tuesday off to attend friends funeral. It is late in the afternoon so in one way I have a bonus day.

Better go and get ready to go for my walk.

12. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Mom came out and hate with us. Ryan isn't home yet to eat. Who knows when he will show up. Had turkey, mac and cheese, green beans, corn on cob, gravy, crescent rolls and made dressing just in the oven. First time for that. I always do in the turkey but didn't have celery till Allen got it later. I never use a recipe for stuffing.

I am doing the potholders (turkey) for the 12 Days of Christmas swap along with a mini quilt in hoop ornament.

Lisa, glad M is okay and all the friends.

My computer today we were trying to print something for mom from pinterest and Jay was trying to use her sign on and anyhoo my desktop changed and I lost wordpad from my menu. Any ideals how to get it back?

13. MrsSoup

Jaymee was probably successful in using her sign on and didn't get signed out. If that's the case, you need to sign out of her login and then sign back in with yours and Wordpad should be there. My best guess anyway. Normally things are on one account and not the others unless permission is given for it to be on all accounts. Hope that makes sense.

The Raingutter Regatta started late (as usual) and ran over by an hour. :rolleyes: Eli won 3rd place for his Den. I had to remind them that he hadn't been double eliminated so they would race him again. We spent a lot of time sitting. They did have games set up for the Scouts but Eli played for a few minutes and then came back. I put Netflix on my phone and we started watching a movie. I would rather him be by me than the wild and crazy kids whose parents don't ever discipline them. I swear the entire Pack is like that. Then at the end one of the Den Leaders stood up and made the comment about how everyone needed to go home and study the Scout Law and think hard about their behavior because he witnessed such unscoutlike behavior. I was like, really? It's always like this, maybe he's new. haha

We came home to the TV on and no one home. DS is at work and DD is outside. DH called earlier and said something about going out to dinner. His mood seemed much better so no idea what his problem was this morning. No telling.