Saturday October 6th, 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Good Morning Everybody!

Going to go jump in the shower and then head to Centralia and pick up my wedding set. Took it in back in August to get resized and have never went back and picked it up!

Might stop by Dollar Tree or Dollar General to look at containers to put some items in for Teigan. Might go to Goodwill and look at clothes.

Will see if Jaymee wants to go.

Everybody have a GREAT day! Was 93 yesterday!

2. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Oooppps! I started a thread, too....I'll copy and put my post here!

3. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

It's still hot here. Already 72 this morning. Headed to the upper 80s. It's supposed to cool a little by the end of the week, so I'm looking forward to that.

My plans this morning before heading out to DGS#2's football game is to look at the stuff for starting some new eating habits so I can see what I need to pick up at the store, if anything. I need to pay a few bills, too. After I get in from the game, I'll go ahead and do what I can for lunch after church tomorrow. I've thought about telling DS and DDIL I'm taking tomorrow off...they're on their own!

My left knee was hurting when I walked on it this morning...just falling apart! lol Had some twinges in my back Thursday, but it was better yesterday. I do not want it to get like it was all summer.

Lana, be careful while out and about today. I need to take my ring in to have the prongs checked. One picks up fuzzes, so I know it's not flat as it should be.

Have a great Saturday, everyone. Take a few minutes for yourselves today.

4. FrostyShimmer

FrostyShimmer Well-Known Member

Morning all!
    Cool here today. I love these cooler autumn days :)
    Got a lot of cleaning done last night. Going to list some more baby things. It's getting easier to get rid of them as I see the free clear space I'm getting in return.
    Have a great day all.

5. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Hi all,

It's cooler here, but warmer than usual. It's been raining on and off this morning. I'm not sure if it is to clear out or not. Looks like the 80s this week. blah!

Slept in a bit....tossed and turned most of the night, so it just made up for that. I paid bills, did laundry, straightened up the house, yelled for the dog....she took off into the woods while outside with J. He doesn't pay attention to her because he gets engrossed in what he is doing and she takes off....she's sneaky like that. Now she is a wet, muddy mess.

I'll run the vac, then get my hair done and head out to pick up M and go grocery shopping. Tonight I'm going to dinner with a friend who has been on family medical leave due to her husband's health concerns. My other friend, who just had the double mastectomy, is back in the hospital with an infection. Please pray for her and her family. They found cancer in the lymph nodes they removed, so she has to have another surgery. It's been really tough for her.

Lana...enjoy your day! I loved Richard Scarry books as a kid.
    Hi Jane!
    Hi FS!

~peace and blessings~

6. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

DH was supposed to be off this weekend from the motorcycle course but they emailed this past week and asked if he could work the afternoon course, so he said yes, which means I get to do the Scouting stuff with Eli this weekend. Yay me. I have a ton of schoolwork to do so it kind of puts me in a bind. I can access it on my phone, I think, so i'll take my stuff with me in case I have to stay so I can work on it while at the event this morning.

Eli has a Painting with a Twist (although there will be no twist for a bunch of children hehe) this morning for Scouts. It's part of one of their electives in the Adventure Book called Art Explosion. I think they are painting a Halloween scene so it should be fun for them. It's 2 1/2 hours long so i'm hoping I don't have to stay. Maybe there's a Starbucks nearby that I can work in. I'll bring my laptop just in case. Then this afternoon he has a popcorn booth for an hour.

I slowly started decorating for Halloween yesterday. I put up the window clings after DH cleaned the windows. With the dogs putting their noses against the glass so often their was a film that I just couldn't get off. DD is supposed to clean the windows but she hasn't been doing her job and she doesn't have the arm power to get if off either since it's been building up. It's clean now so as long as it gets stayed on top of, it shouldn't be a problem. Movie night last night was nice. I helped with concessions for about an hour and then DH and Eli came so I went and sat with them. Eli got a headache as soon as we got into the car so I had to stop by my friends and pick up my liquid Motrin that I loaned her before.

Lana- Did you have another set you wore during that time or no? I would feel naked without my rings. LOL
    Jane- You should take a week off from lunch, it won't hurt anyone. They may welcome it to do their own thing and have a lazy afternoon too. Who knows.
    FS- It's definitely nice to clear up some space! How's your DH doing? I meant to ask before and then forgot.
    Lisa- Enjoy your dinner out. Sending good thoughts for your friend and her upcoming surgery, poor woman needs to catch a break.

Enjoy your day!

7. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon to all. work- then t ball game. not bad today only in the 70 s pizza night and finish watching the walking dead marathon going to the state fair tomo enjoy your night

8. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hi everyone! It's cloudy today and somewhere in the 60's.

DH and DS are actually working on cleaning out the garage!!!! This is very exciting as it has been something they have put off for years - DH mostly. Also, sincde DS is here, he got the AC out of the bedroom and moved the small grill out of the computer room. And he brought bread and rolls from the city. What a good child!

In exchange for this I've made lasagna from scratch and also have garlic bread ready to go. I also made cookies and yesterday the crock pot have me a batch of sausage sauce for pasta. May try making some caponata as I have an eggplant.

I hear that there is a batch of stuff for me to "look at" before the guys will toss it, so let me check.

Enjoy the weekend!

9. piratemamaof3boys

piratemamaof3boys Well-Known Member

afternoon all. Long slow week at work and thenI worked last night. It's homecomming season and adults where having their kids try on dress shirts by opening the folded one, then stuffing that size into a cubical. I spent 3 hours trying to clean that up and could have spent 3 more finishing it up. I asked my supervisor why she was mad at me to put me there. LOL
    It's in the 80s here this week as well. Yuck. I slept in some then ran some errands this morning. DS 19 is off to Italy on Monday w/ a tour group and we have ALL of his packing to do this weekend. Yikes.

I have updated the Christmas card exchange thread. I need to do go some house work and bath the cats, Diedra posted a suggestion on that so maybe I need to try that way.

Have a great afternoon all, enjoy the weekend.

10. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Hello there!

N didn't make it yesterday, which ticked me off. But he came this morning, and we had to rethink our plans. But he did hang eight pictures. Oops, I mean nine. I can probably do the rest. I need to reframe or something some of the rest. I have a picture of Samuel when he was about 3 or 4 and he was at a pumpkin patch with his parental units. It is one of my favorites of him., I usually have it on my entertainment center. I just love it. What a cutie he was, and still is.

Now I have a messed up living room AGAIN! Ugh. I hate this. I did empty two more smallish boxes. And my back is killing me. Time to take something. My headache is back. This weather is gonna be the death of me! It us so humid outside that I can hardly breathe again. Yuck!

I want to make pccms. That is pumpkin chocolate chip muffins. I sort of promised MJ I would have them for us tomorrow. I have had the liners in the cupcake tin for a few days. How long does it take me to mix them, for crying out loud? I am making myself hungry!

Hope you are all have a great rest of your day! May you stay cool and comfy! Bless you all.

11. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Left alittle after 9 and got home about 12:45. Went to WalGreens to look for LOL items and came out with about 10 Shopinkin items. Got ring (might be alittle big in cold weather) and got Jaymee a pair of ruby earrings for $20. They were down from $50.00. Will be for Christmas and is her birthstone. Went to Salvation Army, Goodwill, Dollar Tree, Wendys and Dollar General. Have the clothes in washer and now going to start working on the toys.

Jess, I did not have a ring on and was lost for a LONG time----feels alittle weird now but like having it back. So shiny!

I think staying up and reading is catching up with me.

12. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Pam - I thought I was the only one who said "parental units"!

Boys still working on the garage. 5 Bags of garbage and recycling bin stuffed.

Final bake of lasagna is in the oven and I figure dinner about 5:45 or 6.

13. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    Up early as it is Bathurst Day today. The Bathurst 1000 is a car race where the course is a 6 kilometre track up and over a mountain, and they race for 1000 kilometres. Google it if you want a better understanding. Anyway it is an important sports day for our family.

Family will be here soon for breakfast and I will be catering for them all day, they are here for breakfast, lunch and dinner as the coverage lasts until about 6pm.

Daylight savings started last night so I am missing an hour of sleep. Not good news for me as I love my sleep;) but I love having more day light at the end of the day.
    Work for me tomorrow after a week off so I best make lunches and get organised. Only a few more weeks and I will be on Christmas holidays.

14. piratemamaof3boys

piratemamaof3boys Well-Known Member

Sounds a little like the start of summer and NASCAR season with the Daytona 500

15. FrostyShimmer

FrostyShimmer Well-Known Member

sweetpumpkinpye - We don't have the time change until November - I didn't realize it was on a different day in different places.

MrsSoup - Thank you for asking. He's been doing well. Around Christmas they'll do their annual follow-up, which is stressful, and all we can do is hope and pray all is still good :)

16. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Nothing like watching Hoarding Buried Alive while I have destruction thru out the front room. Going thru all the toys and have stuff everywhere in boxes piles etc.......

Taking a short break and will go back at it. would like it done before bed time.

17. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Afternoon!

Eli had lots of fun at Painting with a Twist this morning. He did so good with his painting too. I posted a photo on FB. I went to Starbucks across the street and worked on homework while eating a bagel and drinking coffee. All I accomplished was finished up some podcasts, I still have to do so much more. :( It started pouring rain and just recently stopped.

DD called me while I was working on schoolwork and said that one of her friends had a babysitting job but wasn't feeling well and asked her if she wanted to fill in. I told her that I didn't care but I wasn't going to be home to take her or pick her up (all afternoon job with end time while we're at the popcorn booth). The friend contacted her clients and okayed it with them that DD fill in for her and I guess DD rode her bike over there. She is babysitting a 3 year old little girl from 12-5. It's her first real babysitting job so I hope she enjoys it and gets a good referral from it that will lead to other jobs for her. I also hope it's not raining when she finishes and has to ride her bike home.

DS went to the Commissary last night to see about becoming a bagger. He is on the waitlist now and they will contact him, hopefully sooner than later. He applied for a food place in the PX a few weeks ago but hasn't heard anything yet. Until he gets his license he really needs to apply to places he can get to on foot or bicycle because we may not be able to chauffeur him around all the time. I have an appointment set up for him on December 3rd for his driving test. He'll finish up with drivers ed the week of Thanksgiving.

I better get back to work on my homework!

FS- Glad to hear that DH is doing well!
    Katrina- Enjoy the race!
    Debbie- Glad the garage is getting done!
    Pam- Yay for pictures up on the wall. When do you get the permanent stimulator in your back, this week?
    Shannon- I'm sure that's frustrating.
    Hi Faye!

18. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Well, after doing research and due diligence we bought a new stove and refrigerator. I wanted white appliances learned that white costs more! Stainless is the new normal. They will be delivered on Friday. Upside, I don;t have to clean the oven. I was really surprised by the salesman's reaction when I told them I didn't want a self-cleaning oven. Everyone I know that has one is not happy with it. If I keep after it, it will be fine. It amazing at how quickly DH and I can come to an agreement with major purchases.

Oh, I did get the 2 baskets taken care of the other night. 1 hour. Lot's stuff that needed to be tossed or put in it's proper home.

19. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Mum and I dropped into a mall that is about 20 minutes from us that we hardly ever go to. the have different stores than our mall and I saw a flyer yesterday with Winter clothing reduced.
    I got 2 pairs of sweat pants, a hoodie, a pair of thicker leggings, 3 pairs of trunks (for DS), 4 pairs of socks and 4 pairs of underpants. Came to just under $50 so I am set for Winter next year.
    In the big department store I got 2 new release dvd sets for DS that were full price but needed as a gift. Got DD a quilt set for her birthday that was down to $9.00.
    I also got the chocolate advent calendars for DH and the kids so ticked those off the list. Did well and I am happy.

Back home now and have made the boys lunch as they continue to watch the race.
    Might grab a nap in a while, it will take me a while to adjust to daylight savings time.

luludou likes this.