Saturday Suppers 8.11.18

Discussion in 'Kitchen Chatter' started by teachermomof2, Aug 11, 2018.

1. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Happy Saturday!

What's cooking?

I made a double batch of Super Sloppy Joes for the reunion. That will be part of our main meal today.

AuntJamelle likes this.
  2. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

im eating light to nite chicken salad sandwiches and pototo salad. plus ill eat another piece of pumpkin fudge

AuntJamelle likes this.
  3. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Breakfast. Potato omelet with maple sausages and ham.

AuntJamelle and housewife2 like this.
  4. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

We went to a restaurant called Uncle Bo's in Haleiwa. We did a chef's special. You have to have at least 10 people and you pay a flat rate per person and then they just keep bringing out appetizers of the chef's choosing until you say stop. They brought out dynamite shrimp, clams, calamari, lil piggies (pork belly), spinach artichoke dip, cheese bread with prime rib, salad, pork nachos, pork fried rice, potstickers, some type of chicken, etc. There wasn't even room on the table for everything, we were putting in on the bench seat. There was also bread served. It was good and an experience.

AuntJamelle and teachermomof2 like this.
  5. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

We had a FEAST at DS's house...grilled everything...elk burgers, deer burgers, sausage, venison backstrap bacon wrapped, sausage, hot dogs, zucchini, yellow squash, broccoli, and a salad, blackberry cobbler, and Hershey's pie. It was fabulous!

AuntJamelle likes this.
  6. AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle Well-Known Member

All the yummy things!!!

We had a large group over to celebrate my birthday on Saturday so our meal was large and oh so good!

We had Smoked Brisket with Creamy Horseradish Sauce, Broccoli and Bacon with Cream Sauce, Au Gratin Potatoes, Cheesy Savory Wreath Rolls, Pea Salad, Cranberry Salad and then for dessert I made a really rich Chocolate Cake with Choc Frosting and Aunt Linda brought Applesauce Pie!

Her Instructions for the Pie:

Plant an apple tree (preferably Jonathon or Macintosh)
    When tree mature, pick apples
    Make applesauce
    Use applesauce in pie

:)

Her piecrust is always to DIE for! She uses lard in them - they are always so flaky and crumbly and just dang good! I am going to arrange to go down and visit her this fall to have her teach me!!!! Can't wait!

teachermomof2 and luludou like this.