Saturday Suppers 8.11.18

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Happy Saturday!

What's cooking?

I made a double batch of Super Sloppy Joes for the reunion. That will be part of our main meal today.

Reactions: AuntJamelle

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
im eating light to nite chicken salad sandwiches and pototo salad. plus ill eat another piece of pumpkin fudge

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
We went to a restaurant called Uncle Bo's in Haleiwa. We did a chef's special. You have to have at least 10 people and you pay a flat rate per person and then they just keep bringing out appetizers of the chef's choosing until you say stop. They brought out dynamite shrimp, clams, calamari, lil piggies (pork belly), spinach artichoke dip, cheese bread with prime rib, salad, pork nachos, pork fried rice, potstickers, some type of chicken, etc. There wasn't even room on the table for everything, we were putting in on the bench seat. There was also bread served. It was good and an experience.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
We had a FEAST at DS's house...grilled everything...elk burgers, deer burgers, sausage, venison backstrap bacon wrapped, sausage, hot dogs, zucchini, yellow squash, broccoli, and a salad, blackberry cobbler, and Hershey's pie. It was fabulous!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
All the yummy things!!!

We had a large group over to celebrate my birthday on Saturday so our meal was large and oh so good!

We had Smoked Brisket with Creamy Horseradish Sauce, Broccoli and Bacon with Cream Sauce, Au Gratin Potatoes, Cheesy Savory Wreath Rolls, Pea Salad, Cranberry Salad and then for dessert I made a really rich Chocolate Cake with Choc Frosting and Aunt Linda brought Applesauce Pie!

Her Instructions for the Pie:

Plant an apple tree (preferably Jonathon or Macintosh)
When tree mature, pick apples
Make applesauce
Use applesauce in pie

:)

Her piecrust is always to DIE for! She uses lard in them - they are always so flaky and crumbly and just dang good! I am going to arrange to go down and visit her this fall to have her teach me!!!! Can't wait!