Saturday Suppers 8.4.18

Discussion in 'Kitchen Chatter' started by teachermomof2, Aug 4, 2018.

1. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

What's cooking?

We are having Oven Baked Chicken Thighs, Italian Tortellini Pasta Salad and probably some kind of zucchini dish. lol It's that time of year! I made a mock apple pie for dessert, using zucchini.

2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

We are having a salad, garlic bread and a new shrimp dish that I found and shared on FB this a.m.. Probably won't put the tomato in it since Ryan gets blisters from them. He doesn't particularly care for noodles so he might not eat that so the kids will do hamburgers then.

teachermomof2 likes this.
  3. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

It was good we thought.

4. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

We're doing Papa Johns.

5. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

BBQ Country-style ribs, potato salad, pasta salad, baked beans, and coconut custard pie for dessert. Semi-homemade for the win! Does anyone know if Sandra Lee's Semi-Homemade is still on the Food Network? I used to collect her magazines as well but I'm not sure if they are still in publication.

6. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

I made stuffed shells with Italian sausage. DD had it with Alfredo sauce and we had spicy tomato.

7. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

With her having cancer and everything I think she's off the air. I haven't seen her show in a very long time. I used to love her!

PamelaG likes this.
  8. piratemamaof3boys

piratemamaof3boys Well-Known Member

Everything sounds yummy. I dont usually cook on ter weekends.

Lisa I have never heard of mock apple pie with zucchini

9. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

I read she was cancer-free as of mid-2016 but I'm sure her style of cooking is probably not as popular these days. A lot of shows/blog posts are going in the direction of keto, paleo, vegan, and other clean eating methods. Cooking goes through phases just like anything else these days. I do have a big stash of her magazines, glad I held on to them.

MrsSoup likes this.
  10. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Sandra Lee isn't on the air any longer. I also loved her magazine and have a few stashed away, too.

PamelaG likes this.