Scrapbooking Party Ideas???

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

creativemom

Retire Member
Jan 9, 2008
Every month I host a group of women ranging from elementary age through age 80 scrapbooking up at our church. It's an all day event where everyone brings a dish to share and we scrapbook from 8 til 4. I would love to take it to the next level and make it really special. Got any theme ideas or really great decorations/recipes for scrapbooking???? We've also been invited to do a scrapbooking weekend with overnights etc. What would you suggest or just LOVE doing or having done???

Nutcracker

Retire Member
Jan 9, 2008
Birmingham, Alabama
I also hosts a scrapbooking group each month at our church. I wish mine was as large as y'all's. I have also been on weekend retreats for scrapbooking and they are great. You set up your stuff once and leave it ALL weekend. Some crop early and go to bed early, others crop late into the night and then get up late. To each her own! I love seeing everyone's ideas! As for specific recipes related to scrapbooking I don't know if anyone has come up with anything that cute but they do bring some yummy stuff. We do sometimes play games. Like who has the longest tape runner paper, or whoever gets the most pages done gets a small prize or a type of Bingo to force us up out of our chairs to meet new people. Just having something to break up the day does help. We have even invited a chair massagist into our crop for 10 minute massages to help us out. Hope that helps!

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Oh what great ideas! I just started a monthly gathering at our home to scrapbook. I am hoping that it will grow and involve more ladies so we can share some ideas. Keep the ideas coming! I think the 10 minute massage is a great idea!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
You could have different themes for your scrapping event. Have a Heritage night where people bring in old photos to scrap. Have examples of different ways to scrap the old black and white or sepia photos. Show different ways to scrap family trees. Give a prize the person who has the best old dress on.

A vacation night where everyone dresses in different vacation attire and scraps their vacation photos.

Demonstrations on how to scrap photos taken at church events and everyone can dress for church. Print off a few prayers that are common in your church for journaling squares or copy a few songs from the song book.

Of course than you have Holidays which are easy to come up with ideas. Halloween, everyone scraps with Halloween colors. Do Christmas in July just for fun.

You could have a "tool" night. Everyone brings in their favorite tool and does a short demonstration. Be sure to wear a tool belt.

Swap night. Everyone brings in a page to swap. Draw numbers to see who gets which page.

Leftover night. Everyone brings in their scraps and/or unwanted scrapping material to go on a table for the others to take what they can use.

You could ask different scrapbooking consultants to come in to do a demo on their brand of scrapbooking supplies. Just tell them it's for a demo and not for selling that night. It still is to their benefit to get there name out to more people.

Have a Hat contest. Everyone makes a hat from scrapbooking supplies only. During the crop they can vote on the best one.

Photo day, Have someone come in to take individual portrait shots of everyone. Good idea around Mother's day. Everyone should have a great photo of themselves done at least once a year so we can scrap ourselves once in a while.

Have a 'Book of Me' scrapping day.

Make a recipe book day. Bring in their recipe and bring the recipe made to share.

I Scrap! Take a photo of each person scrapbooking so they can make a page of them scrapping. I did this for one year. I took a photo at each scrapping event, scrapped them and it's one of my favorite albums. I know not everyone would want a whole album but at least they should have one page of them scrapping.