September 2018 Declutter Club!!!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I'm dropping a few more winter items at the consignment shop on the way to DD25's house.

Reactions: Minta

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Spring for me here and the deep cleaning and decluttering can begin. I will do a room a week until they are all done, should take until the first week in November.
This week was the dining room. Emptied and moved the hutch and swept behind it. Checked all the entertaining supplies that live here, serviettes, serving platters and cutlery. Wrote what I needed to buy in the planner. Threw out a lot of older straws, napkins etc that live here and moved things to where they belong.
Nice to know that when it comes time to set the tables for Christmas that I know exactly where things are.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Finally got all the big decluttering bags out of the house and delivered to mom. So the gift closet now has space for gifts!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Decluttered the freezer and refrigerator yesterday. I did an inventory to start using up some of the things we have so we have room for holiday food. I used one freezer meal at lunch yesterday.

Tomorrow, I'm decluttering under our bed. I keep a tote with wrapping paper, another with pictures, and a box with candles. I need to go through and sort the candles, get out the ones I want to use for the holidays and probably get rid of a few. I know I have some shaped like wedding cakes that I need to send to the consignment shop.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I threw out some candles and got the rest of them all consolidated into one box. The box of wedding shaped candles are waiting to go to the consignment shop.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Spent the last few days "helping" the kids clean and organize their bedrooms. DS's room is done and DD's room is 3/4 done and so far we have filled 2 kitchen trash bags of and have started a 3rd bag of things that are being thrown out (old shoes, food wrappers, broken toys, etc), and placed few shoes boxes/boxes and a stack of old school papers/old used notebooks/magazines in the recycle bin.

Last week the kids went through their clothes and pulled out clothes that no longer fit or they don't want. Was able to sell some on a facebook yard sale site for my area and donated the rest.

Reactions: Lana

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Today is the day we declutter the garage loft. We will be brutal in this task keeping as little as possible. I am looking at it and asking why do we have this and do I want to move it when/if we sell this house. DH is helping. I will fill you in later as to how we do.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
It is really nice outside until you start cleaning the garage. We did get everything down that will not stay with the house. It got hot fast so have had to come inside to cool off. Lots of stuff that belongs to the kids. We will sort take a picture send to kids saying if you want it you can have it but it can NOT stay here.
We will head back out there in a couple of minutes. to sort then the rest of the week we will work it into 3 piles.Hoping the go pile is the biggest.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
WTG Jody! Our outside buildings need BAD help!

I did clean the fridge out (everything out and wiped down) threw stuff away old and some don't know why it is in there.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
It is really nice outside until you start cleaning the garage. We did get everything down that will not stay with the house. It got hot fast so have had to come inside to cool off. Lots of stuff that belongs to the kids. We will sort take a picture send to kids saying if you want it you can have it but it can NOT stay here.
We will head back out there in a couple of minutes. to sort then the rest of the week we will work it into 3 piles.Hoping the go pile is the biggest.

Why do feel our grown children have the right to keep their stuff at our house? :confused:o_O:rolleyes::) That was one of the hardest things I had to make myself do was send their stuff away with them! :eek: Does anyone else have that problem...guess it's the last cutting of the apron strings!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
WTG Jody! Our outside buildings need BAD help!

I did clean the fridge out (everything out and wiped down) threw stuff away old and some don't know why it is in there.

I ask myself the same thing, "Where did this come from and why is it here?!" Then, you have those things you use a tiny amount of and think you'll use it later. One of mine is taco sauce...we only use a couple of tablespoons when we eat tacos and the jars are so big!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Jody, I had to laugh and I think I mentioned it before on here. The day I got married I went up to the bank and got our rings out of the safety deposit box and took a camera and film to a girl that was going to take some random pictures and when I got home the only thing of mine left in my room was my wedding dress and shoes and such to put on after my bath! My parents called Allen and dumped everything of mine into a box (es) (clothes, drawers, knick knacks from shelves and such) and had him and my sisters husband take it out to the house we were renting. I remember asking what if I don't follow thru with it and they said you will have to go get the stuff from the house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My younger sister got married in '02 and still has stuff there. Older sister married in '78 her stuff moved out too.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
DD has stuff here too. And not just knick knacks. A huge book case with 100's of DVD's, a treadmill that is taking up room in our shed. She has a massive house (her and her roomies) but we still have all the stuff :rolleyes: