Shine On Sunday 23 Feb 2020

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ahorsesoul, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Morning all MHHers

2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Morning Diedra and All!

Today is to be mid 50's with rain coming in later--I think they were saying yesterday. Maybe I will open some windows for a short time to get some air in.

I worked yesterday and came home and then Teigan wanted to go around the lake and eat. So went back to Nashville got McDonalds and ate at the lake and they walked the boardwalk that is on the lake and play on toys for a short time. Was a chilly wind. Mom was at the rent house so we stopped by there and then to see Aunt Imogene. Home played dolls, then I made some fiddle faddle and Teigan wanted gpa, Uncle Ryan, gma and her to watch Curious George Halloween and eat popcorn. Those 3 fell asleep so I came to bed.

Teigan is now setting up dolls in her room again to play now. She is a doctor and puts casts on her dolls.

Not sure what the day will bring.

Aunt Imogenes roommate passed away on Friday night about 9:30. She had been there I think 8 or 9 years. Then the lady in the next room passed.

I better see about tea making and breakfast.

Have a GREAT day everybody!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  3. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Today would of been my dads 80th birthday and my FILs bday. My dad will be gone 15 yrs. in June and George (step FIL) had been 25 yrs. this month.

Allen and Teigan just made pancakes and little sausages.

Sparkles and Sprinkles are out flying around. Well, actually just on top their cage. (parakeets)

Should run and get some pea and lettuce seeds but will see. Need a new ax handle too.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  4. girlsinmo

girlsinmo Well-Known Member

Good day everyone. It's supposed to be 50 today with rain of course. Think DH is going to get hamburger meat later. We might have AF cheeseburgers. I've had a taste for CB's lately.

Can anyone tell me a plant that's easy to take care of and will grow in a container? I'd like to have one that produces flowers. I like flowers in the Spring & Summer but it can get expensive using to the florist.

Hi Diedra
    Lana sounds like fun times with Teigan..

Hope everyone has a good day..

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  5. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

It's supposed to be a beautiful day today. DH will head off to work so it will just be me and the kids. I will do some work this morning on my first PCE task. My friend mentioned yesterday something about maybe getting together today. We'll see what the day brings. The yard needs poop-scooped for sure and the table and island need cleaned off again. Might try to get a plan and list together and run to the store.

Hi Diedra!
    Lana- I will have to look up fiddle faddle. I know I have heard of it before but can't remember what it is. Glad you had a great night with Teigan. Thinking of you today! I bet having parakeets is exciting! I had a friend in elementary school that had birds, I was always scared of them when I visited her house.
    Tricia- Hmmm, peace lily is super easy and will produce flowers and is good for your house. I'm not sure about indoor flowering plants though really. Diedra is probably the expert on that. If you have pets, several can be dangerous if they eat them so you have to watch out for that.

Enjoy your day!

6. MrsSoup

Very quiet here this morning, I hope you are all having a beautiful Sunday! I have cleaned the air purifier filters and am waiting for them to dry so I can put them back in and turn it back on. I vacuumed the couch, wiped counters, unloaded the dishwasher and decluttered the island. I poop-scooped the backyard and have a cake in the oven. I printed out some items so I can work on my first PCE task as well.

I saved a couple recipes from a show I just caught on Food Network, Girl Meets Farm. I'll add them to the rotation, as well as some from my new PW cookbook I received for Christmas. Just need to make a meal plan for the week and then a grocery list and decide if I want to head to the store. Bleh! I do need some lunch options as i'm getting tired of taking PB&J almost everyday.

Later!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  7. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning all,
    that night went so quickly and I went to bed earlier. My FITBIT shows that I am awake for up to 2 hours through the night and rarely hit deep sleep so not sure what to do about that.
    DH is back to the hospital today and DS will have to take me to and from work. It is so inconvenient not having a car. Hopefully DH will not be gone too long and we can look for a car through the week.
    It is a little cooler here this morning, I have dug out a cardigan to wear to work. I know that it will heat up.
    My work shoes are looking scruffy, will need to look for a new pair soon.
    Better go, have a great day.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  8. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

Cute names for the parakeets. Two of our guinea pigs are named Sparkles & Sprinkles.

Ahorsesoul and Lana like this.
  9. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

Hello. Bright blue skies with sunshine and wind. Nice temp.

I took DH for his sleep study last night. Had to be there at 9:00, and back to pick him up this morning at 5:30. Ouch, that was early. The tech told him he has 50 "episodes" per hour while sleeping, and yes he needs a cpap. He's supposed to go back on or after March 16 to talk to a doctor. I certainly hope they get him a machine! This wait is ridiculous!

Church this morning. A turkey roast is in the oven, and I need to clean up the kitchen. It's amazing how many dishes get dirtied when I'm not even around. It's also interesting that dd & dsil don't make their kids do chores or even unload the dishwasher. They sure scatter when I ask for help...

Have a nice day.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  10. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Was really nice out today! Teigan and Allen were out on the swingset with a couple of dolls and then we rode the Kubota thru the woods. Ryan came walking so Teigan and him were looking for sheds. (antlers) She walked alot thru the woods and brush and got tired so came back to Kubota. Ryan found a skull with one set of antlers on it and then he found the broken off piece and called her to come look. Then we came back to the house outside and Ryan found another skull with the antlers on it so he let her find it and the back woods Ryan just found 1 side of a set. They were pretty fresh off. Anyway, Teigan was very excited with her find. Ryan gave her a walking stick and was showing her how to use it to move the stickers.

Alot of fresh air into our lungs and her little legs walking she was tired.

Allen and Ryan ended up burning the back field of brush off. Thought they would do the front field too but they ended up cutting wood.

Have a load of work clothes in the washer.

They definitely have to wash their smoke clothes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing done this week-end but LOTS of fun with Teigan. Jaymee was missing her but Teig would say gma and I have to finish our doll game. LOL

luludou and Ahorsesoul like this.
  11. MrsSoup

Evening!

We met our friends at the beach for the afternoon. We were there at least 3 hours. It was very shallow with tide pools perfect for the 3 year old and the other kids just played around and explored. One found a sea urchin in a piece of coral and the boys found a dead urchin. We just relaxed and soaked up the sun, watched the tide roll in and the pools disappear. Stopped by McDonalds for shakes on the way home, I didn't get one. I had DD make me hot tea because my throat is definitely hurting. I'm hoping it's just drainage and not strep, but time will tell. If it's hurting tomorrow i'll have DH take a look. If it looks red i'll try to get an appointment for Tuesday when I have to be out anyway with DD for her appointment.

I'm hoping we can scrounge enough together for dinner because I do not want to run to the store, maybe the Shoppette for bread but that's about it.

Ahorsesoul likes this.