Simply Sunday, January 13, 2019

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by missjane, Jan 13, 2019.

1. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hello, everyone in MHH World!

2. missjane

Good morning, everyone.

I got up about 5:45 and have most of today's lunch finished. Roast will go in the oven when we leave for church. I still need to take a bath, dress, and get ready, but it doesn't start until 9:30, so still plenty of time. I bought Sister Shubert's sausage rolls to cook for breakfast this morning. They are in the oven.

DH and I plan to run to Office Depot after lunch when DS and family leaves to get some colored paper. I like bell work run off on it because the students are more likely to be able to find it if it's not on standard white. I try to teach them about being organized and making sections in their binders or having a simple folder for each class and to put their assignments in the correct section. Most of them do have binders, but they just cram papers all together in it. At least if it's on colored paper, they can find it. I really want to just stay home and nap, and DH would probably go without me, but I don't want to ask him to do that.

I hope you all have a great day!

3. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Morning!

Jane you are really moving with stuff this a.m..

We got about 7 to 8" snow Firday into Saturday and snowing now. Rained alittle yesterday.

This week has been run run run. Jaymee signed Tuesday night so have been ripping carpet out and wall paper off, taking outlets off cleaning out some cabinets etc etc.. Was off Thurs. but went grocery shopping and made a nicer supper.

Today Jaymee is already at the house going to work on a Wall paper border in Teigans room. Allen will go see Aunt Imogene and Teig and I will do some work here.

Hope all are fine!

Have a GREAT day!

4. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good morning. snowed a little last nite now we have freezing rain. im going to re arrange my christmas room it was moved all around getting stuff in and out during christmas. good day dont want to go out. everyone have agood day

5. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning! slept on-off, dog kept asking for the door so he could get some nibbles. Then cat came in and acted like a pest around the dog cage.
    Took a shower and had breakfast. Plaster man is here again this morning and with the animals I'm just not doing much. I guess I'll have to clean up the house tomorrow after everyone is gone (uhoh just thinking I think the plaster man needs to come and sand some more tomorrow :( ). DS's girlfriend just called they will come for supper and pick up the animals then.
    So I've been crocheting mostly.

Jane I think it's a good thing to show the young ones how to organize their notes and planners - will be useful all through their life.
    Lana - I'm sure Jamey will be very happy with Teigan in her new house, but it's so much work to get it the house like we want it.

Have a great day

6. p.a.

p.a. Active Member

Morning,,, sunny but cold here. As long as the sun is shining I’m ok with the cold.
    Getting a new to me couch today,, my dad bought a new one and offered me hers. I bought it for her a few years ago and always loved it.. it’s a beautiful celery green color. So I’m passing my couch to my other dd,,, hers are looking worn with three little ones. We all win!
    My small coffee table dosnt work with the new couch so i plan to paint it with chalk paint and distress it... always loved that look. I have some antique furniture from my parents so it will all go together.

Lana how exciting for Jaymee and Teigan
    Missjane you have been busy!!
    Housewife you have a Christmas room? Is it for storage or is it decorated for Christmas?
    Ok better vacuum the couch and get ready
    Waving at everyone else !!

7. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! Sunny and in the 70's today but the thought of a nice, indoors snow day is always with me.

Had a nice dinner with friends last night but Cheesecake Factory is really too noisy for a good conversation even though we sat outside. We might be able to see them once more before he deploys

Laundry going, dishwasher going and dinner marinating. Managed to put a few more things away. I made a "honey-do" list for DH and already I have done two of the things. I'm going to run the rest of them past him when he gets up from his nap. Some are very minor but nothing - except power washing the lanai - is really major.

Might do some crafting later. I have a whole bunch of pictures to scrap.

p.a. - a win - win! Wonderful
    Lana - best wishes to Jayme and Teigan on their new house. Is it close by?
    Katrina - it certainly is HOT!
    Lisa - think you might get a snow day tomorrow?
    Jane - I've never seen Sister Schuberts sausage rolls. Are they yummy?
    Lucie - continue to take it slow during your recovery
    Faye - enjoy an indoor day.

8. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

DH and I got up super early and headed out to do the Makapu'u Lighthouse for sunrise. We stopped at McDonald's on the way. We made it up with plenty of time to spare. It was cloudy but we got a good sunrise anyway. I posted some photos on Instagram, none on FB yet. We saw some spray but no actual whales. Bummer! My ankle was not feeling good, still isn't, afterward. I made an appointment for tomorrow morning at 8:20, so we'll see what they say. I'm thinking nap time might be in order right now. hehe Not sure what i'll do the rest of the day. DH will head to work in a while but there are only 3 people in the class so should be done earlier than usual.

I would like to finish my blanket and read schoolwork and do some fun reading and some laundry. Maybe run to the Commissary since i've been putting it off.

Enjoy your day!

9. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    the beginning of another hot week in Australia, the forecast shows high 30's all week. It is not something that I like but all I can do is manage the heat as best as we can. Thank goodness for air conditioning. Autumn in Australia starts March 1st so about 6 more weeks of the hot stuff.
    Work for me today. It will be interesting to see what I am going to get hen I get there. New CW was being trained by old CW Thursday afternoon and Friday so I am sure that she would have done OK. I am not sure what boss has organised but I am pretty sure that this week will be straight into it, no more training.

I have a busy week and am glad to be back into the routine of normal life. The period between December 1st and New Years is magical and I love it but am glad to get back to normal. Having said that, Christmas feels like it was so long ago.

Must go, much love

10. missjane

Hi, everyone.

DH and I opted to not go to Office Depot this afternoon, and I. have. slept! I can't remember the last Sunday afternoon that I napped. Now, to pray it doesn't interfere with sleeping tonight. I don't think it will. Church starts in about 45 minutes. Tonight, we're having a video of reflections from the previous year. It was supposed to be last Sunday night, but it wouldn't play for some reason. Refreshments are served afterward, and since we all brought food for it last Sunday, we made the decision to not do it again tonight.

It's cold here...a wet cold. It's supposed to slowly warm and be in the low 70s for one day and right back into the 40s again. Up and down, up and down. Consistency would be nice.

I've tried to nurture my back this weekend. I'm ready for it to be well again. I got on the inversion table yesterday and didn't think I was going to be get back up from it. Then, I wasn't sure I was going to be able to walk. Very frustrating. I haven't been to the doctor this flare-up. Just doing what I know to do.

I menu planned this morning. We'll eat out tomorrow night because I've planned to stay at school and finalize all my grades for this semester. They're due Tuesday morning at 8:00. There's a basketball game and DH is going to come up so we can go watch it together. He'll just pick up something for us to eat in my classroom.

Lana, it's so exciting that Jayme got the house. It took months for us to get the house ready for DD26 and DSIL to move in...a lot of nail holes, spackling, putting down new flooring, and painting before they moved in. Of course, we all worked a few hours a night after we got off work and on some Saturdays. Is it near y'all?

Faye, is the freezing rain making the roads unsafe? Hope you got things done that you wanted to.
    Lucie, I know the mess must be driving you crazy because you're so meticulous about keeping your house clean. How many more days will the plaster man be there? That makes such a mess!
    Patty, hope you enjoy the new (to you) couch!
    Debbie, it sounds like you're settling in and enjoying the weather.
    Jess, your day started early. Congratulations on the anniversary week!
    Katrina, I try to look at our hot weather like you do...how many more weeks we have to endure it before we start getting cool downs. Of course, we're in winter right now...but spring and summer will be here before we know it. I hope the new CW is well settled in with how things work so you're not having to pull double duty.

I hope you all have restful nights. A hot bath is already calling my name for after church...and some hot chocolate, I think, with scrambled eggs.

Night, everyone!

11. MrsSoup

Afternoon!

I have been a slug today. I napped off and on most of the morning until DH went to work. I eventually moved off the couch and sat on the porch for a bit. I sent the kids to the store for a small list of groceries. The Commissary still isn't stocked so wouldn't have been able to do a full stock up yet anyway. Working on laundry now and watching some mindless TV. I finished my book and am going to either work on my blanket or nap again. haha

Jane- Sorry your back is acting up again. Maybe you should go back to the doctor if your usual tactics aren't working.

12. sweetpumkinpye

MissJane, hope that you snuggle in and have a great nights sleep.
    Jess, sometimes we just need those slug days. Recharges the batteries.

Work is going slowly, Monday is always like this for me because all I want to do is be home with my family and enjoy being together. I like work, I like being with my family more. I have played with my planner a bit and made a few lists. Lists make me happy.
    Got to work this morning and spilled berry iced tea right down the front of me. Had to wash the light pink shirt that I am wearing. Luckily it looks like the stain has not set. How awful sitting here all day with a bright pink stain. Will soak it as soon as I get home and hope that it is OK. Of course it is a brand new shirt.

Better go and get a few things done.

13. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Hello. It is late Sunday evening. I did not make it to church this a.m. We got over 8 inches of snow.

My sister in law passed away this afternoon. Bill, my brother, said she died almost right after they disconnected life support. She had no brain activity before they did it. Please, if you think of it, pray for my brother and her sisters. It's so difficult for Bill.

I am going to try to go to Bible Study in the morning. The roads should be good, but all the schools will be on a 2 hour delay.

Made chili in my crockpot this a.m. I need to refrigerate it, before I go to bed. It has been cooling off and I think it is ready to go.

I am really tired. I had to call the police on my neighbor's trouble making son. He was really getting angry because she won't let him in her apartment. He was beating on the door, and I threw open my door and yelled at him to stop it or I would call the police. He put up a smart a** attitude. He was arrested and hauled off to jail. He had been on drugs. Long story short: I just let him have it! I did not like the way he treated his mom, and was afraid he might hurt her. He cleaned out her checking account, stole $$ out of her wallet. Ugh! I don't know why he was like that!

I am just rambling, so I will bid you good night!

14. missjane

Katrina, we must be kindred spirits. This totally sums up what I feel.

15. missjane

Pam, you need to be really careful about how you deal with neighbor's son. People on drugs are very unstable and unpredictable. Next time, just call the police.If he had, had a gun, he could have just shot you or he could have attacked you. I have family members who are on drugs, and they have to have money to get them. They will do whatever it takes to get the money...whether they steal it from family or people they don't know. Please be careful! We used to never lock our house and had to start because of family members who are on drugs. We also had to get locking gas caps for our vehicles because drug addicted neighbors were stealing our gas.

MrsSoup likes this.
  16. MrsSoup

Pam- I 100% agree with Jane! Please don't confront him if you can help it. No telling what he will do to you, especially if he treats his own mother like that and you are no one to him. He won't think twice about harming you. Definitely just call the police and keep an ear out! Now he knows that you are the one that caused him to be locked up so please be extra vigilant!

17. sweetpumkinpye

MissJane. I think we may very well be kindred.

Pam, sorry to hear about DSIL passing. Sad for your brother. I agree with Jane and Jess, please be careful of the neighbours son.

18. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

half is for storage the other half is decorated

Ahorsesoul likes this.