Singing Saturday 12 Oct 2019

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ahorsesoul, Oct 12, 2019 at 7:38 AM.

1. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Morning all MHHers

2. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good morning!

It's Saturday! Yay! It's 60* and rainy here this morning. The leaves have really seemed to change here overnight....yesterday it seemed spotty, but this morning...boom....fall colors everywhere! There's a frost warning for tonight.

Another week of school on the books. We went on a haunted history tour of our town last night. M had a friend sleep over and I wanted them to do something other than sit on phones and watch TV :p, so we all went. It was very interesting. I love being in town. I told J....my desire to live in town has not been reduced by almost 10 years of country life. ;)

Not much on the agenda today. I cleaned when I got home yesterday after school, so today is laundry and bedding day. I paid bills, and ordered from Bath and Body. They have hand soap for 2.95. I also picked up 3 dollar tubes of hand lotion for the girls at work for Christmas gifts. I like to get them something small. I'll probably tie it to a pair of gloves or polish.

I'm going to make Stuffed Peppers for dinner tonight. I'll do a double batch and freeze some for H to take back to college with him. He'll be home next weekend. I miss my boy. :( I wanted to visit him today, but he has a lot going on. I bought some Hawaiian crescent rolls, so we will try them tonight too. I think I'll bake a pumpkin bread today too. It is literally my first "free" Saturday in weeks....maybe months. ;)

FS--did you get any resolution to the boy hitting dd? I'd be on the phone to the teacher about that one! If it isn't resolved, then I'd go to the principal.
    Jessica...have a fun trip to see your mom.
    Diedra....sounds like you are settling into the new house nicely. That's a lot of candy to give out on Halloween. I've never given out that much candy....even when we lived in the city.
    Jane...time flies, doesn't it? The kids grow up so fast.

Sending love to you all!

3. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I need to make a list of everything that I need to get done this morning so I don't forget anything. I want to make sure my phone is at 100% before I leave the house to head to the airport even though i'll have my charger with me. I need to repack because DH brought out the winter tote so now I have some sweaters and my jacket liner to take with me. I need to take my objective assessment after DH leaves for work this morning and get that done. I need to shower so I can pack up all my toiletries. I made a small list for DH already this morning while waiting for my coffee.

I never did get the house decorated for Halloween. :( Maybe when I get back or maybe it will be magically done when I get back, doubt it. Guess I better get busy doing something! I don't think my mom has internet so I will be connecting with my phone as a hotspot in order to do homework, so my checking in here will be sporadic, but i'll check in when I can. Have a fantastic week!

Hi Diedra!
    Lisa- Why did you not move to town instead of the house you have now? Do you plan to after M is out of the house? Great gift idea!

Enjoy your day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  4. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Hello!

My iPad went off the grid yesterday after I posted here. Just now got it fixed, and here I am. I was going nuts!

I have dishes to do, and poke thru the ceiling at the thundering herd upstairs! Good night shirts! He is making such a racket! I wish he would move!

For the first time in two days my back is hurting. It was so nice to be pain free for a couple of days.

We still do not have much fall color. It rained most of yesterday, and I thought maybe it would be changing. Sigh. I did get groceries yesterday, and lit my pumpkin candle that I bought last week. Mmmm, smelled so good!

Not too much will be going on today. Was gonna invite MJ, but her son wanted to go to the grocery store, even tho they just went a few days ago! Anything to spend HER money. He doesn't want her to spend it. I gotta let this go. She will Never tell him no, when that is what he does. Sigh...

Guess I need to get busy on stuff. Nobody else is gonna do it. Still haven't painted my metal screen. Thursday was too breezy. Yesterday it rained. So far today is not warm enough. I just want to get this thing done and hung, for crying out loud!

I will shut up now. Not in the best mood!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  5. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

Good morning! Chilly this morning, and I'm feeling lazy. I fixed breakfast for dh & me and told the kids they're on their own.

No gymnastics or swimming today. Yay for me. I have a long list of little things to get done and I guess it's time to get started.

Have a great day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  6. FrostyShimmer

FrostyShimmer Well-Known Member

Cool and rainy here today. Getting caught up on some laundry and cleaning.

Sort of. Two days in a row she'd been hit and said the teachers didn't do anything, so when I took her in in the morning I told her if she was hit again to immediately go to the office and have them call us so we could deal with it right away. I told the secretary that I'd given her permission to do that and she said she'd have the principal have a talk with her to find out what was going on etc. Later her teacher called because a girl had accidentally hit her during stretching time and she'd wanted to call me. (Guess I should have clarified only if she was intentionally hit!) Anyways, the teacher said she hadn't noticed anything happening but would be on the look out for it. I spoke to DD6 last night and she said no one talked to the boy at all and neither her teacher nor the principal talked to her. So we'll see what happens, but if it happens again we had better get a call so we can deal with it immediately.

Ahorsesoul and teachermomof2 like this.
  7. happy2bme

happy2bme Well-Known Member

I can't remember the last time I slept in so late, I guess I was tired. K headed to work for an early shift and I sort of remember talking to her before she left. We were going to go to the movies when she was off work, but I just sent her a text telling her I was going to pass. She might go without me or she might come home and get school work done.

I have lots to do, so am going to start attacking those lists. I think I will clean the house first and go from there.

Have a great day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  8. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Afternoon!

This morning we ran and saw Aunt Imogene for about 1 1/2 hours. Before going I picked up a Little Tike Basketball set that was new and still in the box. For $30 for a Christmas gift. A lady had it on a rummage site. Such good deals at time. Better ones that I never see and are gone. Stopped by Subway and we shared a pizza and each had chips and a drink and then went back ways to Jaymee to see if something was there in her garage to put a new piece of gutter up with.

Home and went thru some junk mail. Allen is outside working and told me to stay in and work or sew and we would get along better. When I clean outside in shed or whatever I like to pitch things that I have no ideal what they are so...... I am going to order a couple things for Teigan for Christmas and then start some cleaning----I think.

Jess, enjoy your trip.

Lisa, glad you are enjoying your day.

Mel, glad you got some rest.

FS, hoping no hitting happens again

GrammaDeb, glad you have some downtime too.

Pam, painting screen?

This a.m. we had our first frost. Was 38 going to Nashville.

I better move along too.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  9. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    The wedding yesterday was lovely. It was a long day for the 2 other coordinators and myself but we did every thing and the bride and groom were thrilled with how it went. I got home last night at about 10 after leaving the house at 6.45 am so a very long day.

Today is our annual Bathurst Day. Bathurst is a 1000 kilometre motor race in a town about 3 hours from us. The race track is a 6 kilometres long and goes up and down a mountain. Google it is you want to see what I am talking about, it is quite the ride.
    I have breakfast cooking and while the boys are watching the race I will do some stuff here. I still need to pack for DH and my driving holiday that starts tomorrow. I have not even thought about what to pack.

Will pop back later and see what you are all doing,
    Bye for now.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  10. happy2bme

happy2bme Well-Known Member

Today has been the most unproductive day I have ever had... I accomplished nothing! I was feeling drained and exhausted, so I just went with it. K wasn't feeling so good, so she skipped the movie and came home after work. We made pizza for dinner and she is doing school work and I am watching a movie.

Good night.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  11. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

I have been on the couch since last night. I am not feeling well. I was suppose to teach Sunday School tomorrow but I am not going to go in and contaminate pre-school rooms with my sick germs. I had hoped to get my bath room cleaned but it can wait.

We had a time at DS preparing them for their move. It is unfortunate that they are not getting any lookers. Tomorrow an open house is happening and your prayers will be appreciated. They will leave for OH on the 24th stopping here on their way for a couple of days. Our prayer is that the house will have a purchase agreement and all inspections passed waiting only for a closing date. They are having a difficult time financially, (one of the reasons for the job change). and this house sale will help them get out from under the struggle.

Mom called this morning to inform me that my niece.s (youngest brother's daughter) house burned down. No one was at home except the dog, which perished in the fire, She has 3 children. 6, 5, and 1 years old. Some insurance to help out. Both my sister and myself had to calm my mom down. She was really upset. The community, and both sides of the family are helping out where they can. I have not contacted her she needs time to process. My family will send some money her way by the end of the week to help her out. Cause of fire is unknown yet. Prayers for her are appreciated.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  12. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

This afternoon I worked in my room. I know I have been in here several times and haven't seen the finish of it. Doing lots of laundry----clothes are cleaned but some been laying so freshening them. Really thinking tomorrow will knock alot out in it.

Allen got some things moved outside.

Ended up kicking the heat on to take chill out.

Had leftovers for supper so just did a baked potato and chicken flavored noodles with it.

Jody, sorry to hear of the fire. Prayers in hope of a sale.

Mel, some days you need to lay low!

Katrina, long day for you.

Night!

Ahorsesoul and happy2bme like this.