Singing Saturday 23 May 2020

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ahorsesoul, May 23, 2020.

1. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Morning all MHHers

2. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning, Diedra, and all to follow.

I had a horrible night of sleep and dreams! I feel like I have been thru the mill.

No specific plans for me today. Oh there is still stuff to do, but you know me...I'm lazy and don't want to. Plus I did a lot yesterday!

Stay safe and be blessed.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  3. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Good morning all! It's raining, it's pouring....a good day to be snoring.

DH is going to pick up up DS and DDIL to take them go pick up their new (to them) car. Then they will come back here for the day. Planning to do ribs on the big green egg.

I will bake and try to do some shredding before they come.

Good morning Diedra!
    Pam - you deserve a nap!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  4. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Good Morning!

Working in my room. Wasn't my plan while off but all needs done. Really wanted to work in buildings.

Getting the itchy foot on left. Been putting spray on it. Still have the pain in lower side into back off and on. I am starting to lean to my left and can see it when I stand in the mirror.

Back to the linen closet.

Debbie, enjoy your DS and DDIL. How far do you live from them? Is New York opened?

Hi Pam and Diedra!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  5. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I slept pretty well with the help of the sleeping pills. I slept in until about 6:30 this morning. DH hurt his back somehow and was laid up on the couch most of the day yesterday. It doesn't seem to be much better this morning so i'm not sure what our day will look like. There is a senior parade at noon through our housing that we'll watch and cheer for all the seniors in our neighborhood driving through. I bought a posterboard to make a sign for them. I'm glad they are getting some type of celebration. We took over leis to our friend's son and a card with some money in it and then helped my other friend decorate their porch. His mom was really appreciative that we did it and celebrated him. He didn't care much about the graduation but she did. It was a rough road the past couple years for him in high school and it was a miracle that he graduated at all. Now he is headed off to the Navy and she is afraid she won't get to attend his Basic Training graduation in the winter. I sure hope she can. He will be in Illinois.

We might go to the beach today for a bit, we'll see. Depends on the timing. I'm not sure DH is going to want to go anywhere. I need to work on my first task and try to get it mostly done and then tomorrow work on my second and then finish them both up and submit on Monday or Tuesday I think, that's the goal anyway. I have until the 31st. I also need to spend the next week studying math and social studies a lot because my tests are coming up quick.

Pam- Definitely catch a nap later!
    Debbie- Enjoy your day with the kids!
    Lana- Do you have poison ivy? What's going on with your side? Are things starting to open up in Illinois? Take care of yourself!

Enjoy your day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  6. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Jessica, I don't live far from the Navy base in North Chicago. I believe Pamela G's husband Vic was stationed there too.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  7. Miss JoDee

Lana, try seeing a chiropractor sounds like hip is out.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  8. girlsinmo

girlsinmo Well-Known Member

Good day Diedra, Pam, Lana, Debbie, Jess and all who follow. I started off the day ok yesterday but then got so tired I went to bed early but woke up before 3 a.m till almost 5:30 then went back to sleep for about 90 mins.

I think it was Lana who ask me about retirement life. It's a bit different for sure. Some days it seems we work together good others days I am like DH needs a hobby lol

We washed a couple of small loads of clothes today. Hung them up around the house. I do NOT want to turn dryer on if I can help it. Will have to turn AC on it a little while as the temps are going up.

Jess that is a pretty house that you posted a pic of. I hope Chad feels better soon.

Debbie enjoy your time with your family.
    Pam get some rest
    Hi Diedra & Miss JoDee

Stay safe.. Take Care.. Enjoy your day.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  9. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

AFternoon!

Halimer... I think I make 2-3 pairs of socks on average per year for now... I don't knit quickly and I always put it aside to do something else. I still have a hard time starting them, heels and to close off the end... the more I do the more I'll remember!

Xavier had a good night's sleep (7:15 to 6:00 am). He is now asleep. ds had lunch with us (I made a lasagna). I spent a few hours at mil's (dh kept Xavier during that time) with 2 of dh's sisters. I brought back my wedding dress, a creche for dd and a few glasses, oh and a Christmas teapot. We put stuff in boxes and they will be donated. Filled up 2 big garbage cans too.

Now dh and ds are gone to get the armoire at ds's house that they will back here (probably to put all my wool in). I need to paint it first though.

Sunny but windy and a bit cold.

Don't feel like doing my housechores while the house is full of stuff... so I'll go knit until the baby wakes up.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  10. Miss JoDee

Hello,
    I have been in a funk. I want to do stuff so stuff gets done but the stuff I want to do requires getting stuff from the store and DH is unwilling to go. I have other stuff I can do but just not feeling it and if I don't feel it I may just end up frustrated. I did get out OTC order done this morning. I had everything in the cart got a phone call from my DDIL and the program closed and emptied my cart. Had to do it all over again!

Pam, hope you find your rest refreshing and rejuvenating
    Diedra, I believe I will end up in the flower bed pulling weeds. We need mulch, (stuff) but I don't know when that will happen, but I can try and keep it nice until then.
    Debbie H, I mixed up cookies yesterday. DS and girlfriend we appreciative when I handed them some. I flash froze most of it as I really like fresh baked so we will have some for a while as it makes a huge batch.

Well I am going to head out into the sun while it is shining. I have a new audio book to listen to while I pull weeds.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  11. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good afternoon!

It is a pretty sunny day here...definitely warm and perfect temp of 75*. It's starting to look like summer here. DH and the kids put the furniture on the porch this morning, so I did my little decorating accents out there. I need 3 more ferns in baskets and it will be complete. M is so happy. She loves sitting on the porch and reading. J and M did some planting of a few things that we bought earlier in May. J also trimmed the dead leaves and stems from the plants that were affected by the freeze. Most of them are coming back. While they worked on plants, I cleaned the front porch and changed to the summer wreath and mat. I also took down spring in the house and updated with my summer decor....mostly Americana. I need to still figure out the hutch shelf, but it will come.

After I put everything away that needed returned to the attic, I vac'd and mopped. Then I ordered take out for dinner. This girl needs a night off from cooking! We ordered from a local tavern...our favorite. I even ordered dessert. Can't wait! I hope it's as good as when we actually eat there.

That's about it for me. I have a few odds and ends to wrap up and then it's chill time!

~peace and blessings~

Ahorsesoul and luludou like this.
  12. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

Good afternoon. I slept rotten last night. Too tired and sore from working in the bedroom until late. I kept my bedroom window open all night, and the hard wind was blowing stuff in the backyard. I should have closed the window, but I couldn't wake up enough to do it.

The bedroom is almost finished being reorganized - I have some stuff stacked on dh's bed that I have to find a place for, papers need to be filed, and I need to disassemble some shelves and store the pieces somewhere. I could use a man!

Dh will spend at least one more night at the hospital. He's complaining big time, mostly about the food and he isn't allowed to get out of bed without physical therapy to help him. They have him on a special diet - probably for diabetes, high blood pressure, and cholesterol. No salt, no fat, no flavor. Poor guy.

Back to work for me. Have a nice day.

teachermomof2 and Ahorsesoul like this.
  13. Myron's Mom

Myron's Mom Well-Known Member

Beautiful day day here. Not like yesterday, it was peeing rain all day.

I am tired and sore today. My jaw is still bothering me from that root canal, driving me nuts. Yesterday was cemetery day for us cousins. 6 cemeteries and 25 graves plus the rain did me in. We still had fun. Was nice to see the few that came and we actually ate breakfast IN Panera and had lunch IN a Mexican restaurant. Who knew that could be so exciting.

Jessica, the house is beautiful! 15 acres would be lovely and that front porch......

GrammaDeb, sorry to hear your husband is in the hospital. Prayers for you, your husband and family.

Hope everyone has a safe and fun holiday weekend

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  14. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Afternoon!

Eli and I headed off to the beach and it was glorious! I wish we could have spent more time there but I wanted to get back for the Senior Parade at noon, so we were there a little over an hour. The kids caught two crabs and found a jellyfish. The girls built a pretty cool sandcastle and my friend and I watched and chatted. It was darn near perfect. I plan on going back tomorrow and am hoping they will meet us there. I want to stay for longer and am hoping DH will come as well and we can bring the kayak and paddleboard.

We made it home just in time for the parade. I stood out in front of the house waving my sign I made and hooting and hollering. The kids thought I was nuts. I'll probably be hoarse later but that's okay. Those seniors deserved every bit of screaming and yelling I could give them and they were so excited to receive it. The looks on their faces were worth all of it. I told every single one of them congratulations and they all threw a shaka or waved and mouthed thank you.

Jody- Nice! Are they starting to open things up around there, or no? Sorry you are in a funk, I hope it passes soon.
    Tricia- You mave not have enough B12.
    Lucie- What a good sleeper Xavier is!
    Lisa- Sounds like you got a lot accomplished today, great job! Enjoy your dinner, you deserve it!
    Deb- Great job on the reorganization, i'm sure it isn't easy. Sorry for your DH, hope he can come home soon.
    Amelia- Wow, that's a lot of cemeteries and graves! I know, I so wish we could get that house.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  15. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning
    A pretty Sunday here. Not sure what plans I have for the day. I really should stay here and get some things done, start a new craft, do some housework. I feel like going to the hardware warehouse and getting some plants and some paint for the farm, I know that DH will not want to go.
    I have to get ready for work tomorrow and Tuesday and now Thursday afternoon. I had a late night so a nap might also be nice.
    I am hoping that you are all doing what makes you happy.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  16. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Xavier and DS left around 4:30. He was a good trooper but he LOVES being in the arms and looking around... I kept walking in the house everywhere with him and he was a happy guy.
    Did not do any housechores however.

Went for a car ride with dh tonight... stopped by ds... saw 2 porcupines in his driveway... good thing ds had the time to take the dog in the house.
    Went to the grocery store afterwards... my 1st time since confinement (march 18).... knew what it was supposed to be like but to live it... it's like another world! at least got lots of stuff so should be good for some time.

Going to watch some tv and knit.

Night

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  17. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone.

Stopping in before heading to bed. DH moved a few pieces of furniture for me today...no major pieces - a buffet, Hoosier cabinet, and a piece I bought several years ago that's like a buffet server, but expands into a table if needed. It has five leaf sections that can be put into it. I cleaned out a couple of cabinets and have gone through a lot of magazines...only kept about five.

Hope you all have a good night. Rest well, friends.

luludou, teachermomof2 and Ahorsesoul like this.
  18. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

DH did not want to go out so I am just pottering here. Have washed my slippers and hung them on the line, put a few photos into one of my Christmas memory books, need to put a few more random photos away. Tidied the kitchen and pulled out some things for baking on Wednesday. I love days like this when you get a lot of little things done.

A little too cold or I would be out on the back deck with a cup of tea.

luludou and Ahorsesoul like this.
  19. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

The day was so nice! Weather was perfect--79 and nice breeze. I slept till after 8 this a.m.. Was up to use bathroom about 3 times last night.

I have to be the slowest cleaner there is. Such a mess, I am overwhelmed and just don't move fast---just look at it all. My closet, linen closet and vanity is done in my room.

My sister and her partner stopped by this afternoon. She wanted about 4 tomato plants and I don't know what all Ryan pulled and gave her. Some Allen and Teigan started.

Allen and Jaymee ran and got a barn door I found on Marketplace. Real nice one for $20. She has a barn door over some shelves but it is warping so this one is alittle bigger and MUCH better shape. Went to Aunt Imogenes and she picked out a strawberry jar of hens and chicks and took home. She is trying to decorate outside alittle.

Made spaghetti for supper for myself. Ryan ate some of the loose hamburger.

Jaymee also got an old ladder to hang above her washer/dryer to hang clothes on to dry.

Tomorrow my plan is to work on front room and finish sorting toys.

I REALLY wanted to work in buildings you know but Allen has had other plans. It will start getting humid out and he won't be able to work long in it.

Lisa, I would love a porch! You were busy today,

Jess, the seniors probably really appreciated the hollers! You will miss the beach when you come back to the states. I would think the scenery in general you will miss.

Deb, prayers for hubby.

I am pretty sure it is Athletics Foot on left foot.

I probably need to clean bed off and turn in eventually.

20. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Ick. I was getting settled in bed with the electric blanket nice and toasty when Eva upped her last feeding of dog food in a nice tidy pile on the bedroom rug. I put her in her kennel for night. Worked on getting the stain mostly out of the carpet. Will finish it in the morning. Thinking they must put dye in dog food. Rather they did not.

LC3 came to work today from 9 to 3. Was nice for the help. Now DD is talking up a storm in her sleep and laughing. Thinking it might be a crazy night.

We are loving the open space in the yard since we had four tree removed on Friday. Tomorrow I told DD we would try to count the ring in the tree stumps. Figure one should be about about forty years and the other a lot more since it was bigger. Neighbors are telling us they like it.

I set up LC3 23&Me account for her DNA kit we gave her for her Birthday. Monday she will do the test. We talked about how she would handle IF the test results came back with a mystery father. Its not so uncommon. She’ll be all right. I always like people to know it could happen so it not such a shock. Or if their are other siblings from another family they were not aware of. Once that is settled she will work on figuring out how to submit DNA for an uncle that was killed in the Korean war that was killed in action and unable to be removed due to the war when it happened.

For the next year i can look up newspaper articles on the newspaper site and print articles. With Ancestry I Can look at a few areas but lately most of what i wanted was only available for an extra cost. So I’ll be looking and printing off what i can find for the Family trees i have been researching. Let me know if you are looking for something.

Nite all.