Sleeping late Friday - last Friday in 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by halimer, Dec 28, 2018.

1. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Good morning all!

2. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Good morning all! Everyone must be sleeping late - or out very early - or I wouldn't be the first one posting at 10:45 in the am.

It is pouring rain!!! I stuck my head out for a moment and got drenched. It is awful!

I did put some stuff away yesterday and this morning as the cleaning lady will be here later. DH's s**t, however, remains the same and I cannot do a thing about it.
    I have also started to put together, in my head at least, the stuff I want to take to FL. I guess we will be leaving sometime next week although I would like it to be as late as possible.

Good to hear that some of you have already made a start for next years Christmas shopping....

3. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

yes raining here too. i cleaned out my kitchen cabinets and under the sink this morning. going to go check out a few stores in alittle while . have a great day

4. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

We are expecting rain here today as well. I took several naps yesterday, am fighting something off as I was in and out of the bathroom all day yesterday and my stomach was cramping. I almost threw up last night and had dinner very late because I just was afraid to eat anything and wasn't very hungry. I've already been in the bathroom this morning but i'm hoping it won't be as bad as yesterday and I won't have the crampy stomach today.

I am going to work on the house today, at least this morning anyway. I don't know what, if anything, DH will want to do when he gets home from work. I kept thinking it was Thursday when I got up this morning and then realized that it's Friday. DD had a friend stay the night last night. I do need to run to Walmart this morning and get a frame so I can finish off my gifts for my friends family and deliver them. The photos came in yesterday (super fast from mpix as I just ordered them on Tuesday).

DS's flight was delayed leaving Los Angeles last night by about an hour or so. I thought maybe because of weather in between there and Kansas City but I guess it was because the plane got delayed from wherever it was coming from. He was excited because he got upgraded again to Comfort Plus. He got upgraded last summer when he went too.

Debbie- Stay dry! How long will you be in FL?
    Faye- I, too, will be cleaning out my cabinets today, some of them anyway. I have to make room for my new cookware!

Enjoy your day!

5. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

Good afternoon. Dsil chased DH & me out of the family room so he could clean floors. DH is lying on his bed reading a book, and I have cleaned off wrapping stuff & gifts from the card table I set up in our bedroom.

Dsil met me in the kitchen with a perplexed look on his face this morning. He asked me if I lost some money - he found some in the dog's food dish. Bills, not coins. I asked how much, and he said $45. I said it wasn't mine, I have $40 - one 20 and four 5's. He said nope, it was two 20's and a 5. I guess our house elf felt generous last night.

It's time for me to do a bit of sewing, now that I have a clean table to work on. Have a great day!

6. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning, DH and I are going for a drive today to a town about 2 hours from us. Not sure why we are going but he asked and I said yes.It is going to be about 41c there today so at least we will be in the car with the air con on.
    Will let you know more when I get home.

7. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

It is a dreary cold day here. I keep getting sleepy at my computer.

I have the house mostly clean for the weekend. Still need to iron clothes (only a few pieces). I just can't find the energy to get everything out. I cleaned off my desk and minimized the clutter. I redid my coffee table decor. I like it so much better.... I did it in white and clear glass. I have so much pattern around the room that I wanted to keep things neutral. I posted pic on Instagram (bloggymom5).

I am anxious to start decluttering. I am so sick of having too much stuff laying around and not having a home. Kinda tough in winter with snowboarding gear, every day winter wear (coats and hats) and school/work stuff. I don't want to be a "true" minimalist but I would like things a bit more clean and elegant.

We have no plans for New Years Eve. I might build a antipasto tray and do some bruschetta. I wonder if I can find gluten free French bread.

Suppose to be very cold here all weekend.

8. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Afternoon!

Carrie- I, too, am tired of so much stuff laying around! We don't have that much all over but there are spots that i'm so sick and tired of looking at. They will be taken care of! I'm going to make a list of all the "hotspots" around the house and then get to work tackling them. We have some excess furniture that i'm not sure what to do with because some of it is family heirlooms (grandmothers furniture) that I don't necessarily want to part with but that we don't have space for anymore in THIS house but we may in a future house.
    Katrina- Have a fun drive into the unknown!
    Deb- That's crazy about the money! Wonder whose it is?

It's raining here, even thundered earlier. I organized the pots and pans with my liners so they won't get scratched. I have one skillet to get rid of that we've had forever and have no idea why we still have it. We never use it and it's huge. There's another one that I could probably get rid of as well that is also huge but it's stainless and in good condition. I need to do the drawers next and put all the silicone utensils in the drawer by the stove and move all the metal away so no one accidentally uses it on the new cookware.

Someone once again ran a truck through a house in our neighborhood. It happened several months ago and this time happened just up the road from the last house. No idea how this time but the last time the guy said his brakes went out. I heard everyone in the house was okay, hope that's true as it was most likely the living room he ran through. Scary!

9. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Evening! slept part of the night on the couch, just couldn't sleep well. feeling uggg today and sniffling alot. taking tylenols and knees are hurting from going up and down the stairs. I put most of what I will need for supper and buffet in the guest room with lists. Dusted the guest room.
    Tomorrow have lots to do and a party... uggg, so not feeling it right now. Hoping it'll be better tomorrow.
    Was snow part of the day and now it's freezing rain.
    DH is still working in the bathroom. I told him at noon tomorrow he has to stop.. I need to clean the house for guests.
    'Night

10. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Against the Grain makes the best Gluten Free French Bread. DS says it's better than gluten french bread.
    Schar makes an acceptable one. Schar products are mostly pretty good.

AtG pizza crust is also excellent.

This Christmas I tried Canyon Bakehouse's Hawaiian Sweet Bread. Best bread ever. Udi's breads are good if toasted.

I am not liking my flour mix, Pamela's Baking and Pancake mix. My banana bread overflowed horribly this year. I'll be looking for a new flour mix now. I've used Pam's for over 10 years. Something had changed in their mix I think.

11. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Evening all!

Still fighting the remnants of the flu...much better, but easily overheated. J and I went to see the movie Vice last night and went to the tavern for a late bite to eat. M was at a sleepover and H was sleeping to work night shift, so it was a good night to go out and finally get out.

Hunter was awarded a scholarship this morning from the county farm bureau. Afterwards, the guys took care of things at the farm. FIL has spinal surgery on Wednesday. He is recovering nicely, and will be home Saturday. Until he is able, John and his youngest brother will be taking care of things there. J and I went grocery shopping and checked out some clearance things. Nothing too great. I did get some stems for my new 3 tier tray that I got for Christmas and another pillow for the couch. We picked up some new lights for outside, too.

I started laundry and made dinner. Afterwards we watched Incredibles 2 for family movie night. Now we are watching Garth Brooks on CBS.

That's about it for me. It's been a quiet holiday week. It's hard to believe I go back in 5 days.

Have a blessed night!

12. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good afternoon,
    home from our drive, it was nice. Went to a town where they mined gold back in the day. There is a small river and it would be a lovely spot to go back and explore another day when it was not so hot.
    Drove through the small town near the mine and had morning tea and popped in quickly to one of the supermarkets. Go some sunblock that was 50% off so will put that in DD BF and DS stockings for next year. It has a long useby date so should be fine.
    Tonights dinner will be home made hamburgers so that should be a quick meal.

13. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

Oh, Lucie!! Thank you!! I will check out those brands. I am sure my grocery stores has a least one of those. Sometimes I miss bread and other times I can do without. New Years Eve is time for bread.