Sleepy Sunday September 16th, 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

I am predicting my day.....

Woke up alittle after 2 and Allen was getting up to go lock little ducks up that he forgot to last night. He came back to bed and decided to get up and fix the pork chops that were thawed and not fixed yesterday. So after alittle more noise and tossing and turning up I am. I will lay back down here shortly!

Yesterday Teigan and I had fun shopping--mostly. Ate at Taco Bell. Finished up getting stuff for the 2 Days of Christmas Swap so I can start that stuff eventually. Teigan got a couple shirts and a pumpkin one.

Jody, you sound awfully busy! Will be nice for you both to be retired.

Katrina, glad the party went well.

Last night Teigan and I rode the Kubota to the back field and in the middle field we saw a doe get u and run. Was very pleasant out. Came in about dark. She was out by 9. Jaymee said at the birthday party only Teigan and another little girl showed up from the class. She ended up having the barbie we got her! Also got her some barbie clothes, lipgloss and a peppa pig (her theme) item. The other girl got her the water barbie and water Ken and some clothes. We had a water barbie in cart and took it out---had a boxy girl in cart and out it came.

Hope more cleaning today---inside----outside-----but I will be dragging.

Pam, glad the car didn't cost more. My moms car is an '02 (I think) and has over 200,000 and she is having little issues here and there. She won't be able to replace it so praying all stays good.

Several are doing good in the gift closet area I was reading.

Guess I will do alittle more and head back to bed!!!!

Have a GREAT day everybody!

2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

I had preordered that LOL Surprise Doll house and it was to come today (well the 15th) and I just looked it up and it says in transit and will be the 18th.

3. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Oh Lana, an early start for you. Hope that you get a bit more sleep.
    Glad that Miss T enjoyed the party.
    I have had my bath and dinner and am ready for bed. It was a great weekend.
    Just heard from DH brother that he is going to be a father again. Excited for them.

Speak later all,
    Night.

4. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Back to bed about 4:15 up at 7:30.

Have showered and printed out a couple sewing projects--LOL---like I will ever get to them!

Going to go do a few dishes now.

Katrina, congrats to BILs family--sleep tight!

5. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good morning couldnt sleep watched the movie traffik. fixed breakfast. going to get my grandson in a little while hope everyone has a good day

6. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

Good morning all!!

I am a little bit closer to feeling well again. Still get tired spells and had one small fever yesterday. Hubby rubbed my back. I didn't get to see the chiropractor last week and I am suffering. Tomorrow's appointment can't come soon enough.

Hubby helped me change the bedsheets yesterday. They were needing a good cleaning after me being in bed for 2 days. If I have time I want to wash the comforter and pillow shams. May not happen as all of us have full laundry baskets.

Hubby says he is starting the fence today. I am anxious to see what our backyard will look like with a tall fence like the rest of the neighborhood. We will have a whole lot more privacy. Now when people drive through the alley they won't see our half finished projects. :rolleyes: Now to figure out how to block the neighbors "search" light that turns on the middle of the night and shines in our bedroom window.

Guess I better go order groceries and get my day started. So many things to do.

7. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Morning all MHHers

DD went to bed last night at 6:30. I figured she would be up very early but it was almost 8 when she got up. Not sure if she was up during the night watching TV but she is in a good mood. She did wake me up twice to say she was hearing noises (not unusual for her) and then Dh woke me up once. I think I’ll be tired today.

This morning I pulled out DD’s Halloween custome with the half angel/half devil. I think she will wear it again this year. I also pulled out holiday towels and the items we need to fill the Halloween candy gloves. So a good start on the season.

Now I’m keeping a look out while DD is on the computer.

Wishing all a good start on the coming week.

8. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hi all! Sunny and pleasant today. Will get remnants of Florence on Monday night and Tuesday.

Yesterday DH and I went to the community street fair and mainly got a lot of reusable shopping bags. Then we went into Manhattan to see DS and DDIL's new apartment. The apartment is a decent size 2 bedroom for NYC and they are on the top floor corner of a 35 story building and the views are magnificent. They can see all the way to Central Park and all the way to the Palisades hills in NJ. They brought in dinner and we stayed until the lights came on which made the view even prettier. Wishing them all the best in their new home.

Working on the laundry today and not really feeling great. Slept late but still want to sleep more. Might not accomplish much today.

Plumber will come tomorrow to work on the bathroom leak and I have to shop for Yom Kippur on Tuesday night and Wednesday.

Pam - glad the car was not a ridiculous expense
    Diedra - I'm sticking with plain fall decorations for September and will segue into Halloween ones in October
    Katrina - so glad that you had a delightful weekend
    Carrie - glad you're feeling better
    Jess - fish are more of a commitment than one would usually thing
    Lana - glad that Teigan enjoyed her first "big girl "party
    Jane - busy times
    Shannon - are you anywhere near the storm??
    Hello HW2 and all others....

9. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

I slept til 9:00 this morning! Just finished DS'S "live" church service on Facebook. Will attempt some cleaning in the Master Bedroom. It is hard to get in there to clean because DH uses the room for reading relaxing and goes to bed at 5 pm because he gets up for work at 2 am. Which is when I plan to get up and head to MI. Much easier to drive through Chicago in the earlier hours then rush hour traffic. It is a 350 mile drive. Once I reach MI there is a nice rest area for a 20 minute nap.

10. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

It's beautiful outside this morning. I wish DH were off so we could head to the beach. I mean, we could go without him but I don't like to. I should really get over that. Maybe we'll go this afternoon. DD just asked if we could go to the pool today. I have the back door open to let in some fresh air and after I eat something I might go sit on the front porch. I need to do some math today, refresh myself on converting Mach and then maybe take a stab at my actual preassessment so I can see if i'm ready to take my assessment this week.

I need to make a list for the Commissary and maybe go there this morning before it gets too busy. We are almost out of cereal and some other things. I think we're going to take the kids to see The Meg this afternoon, now that I think about it. It only plays at one time so DH will probably have to meet us there.

Lana- Glad you went back to bed.
    Katrina- Congratulations to DH's brother!
    Hi HW2!
    Carrie- Glad you are still continuing to feel better.
    Diedra- I responded to a post that Vanessa made this morning on FB about why she can't write to people she doesn't know personally. ;) All my fall items are in with my Halloween, so not sure if i'll pull the totes out or not. I don't have that much that is just "fall".
    Debbie- The apartment sounds really nice! Feel better!
    Jody- Great plan on driving through the city early! When we would go on leave when the kids were little, we would do the bulk of our driving overnight, so the kids would sleep and we could get through cities without the major traffic. LOL

Enjoy your day!

11. FrostyShimmer

FrostyShimmer Well-Known Member

Hope everyone is safe and out of the way of all these storms!

DD3 slept through the night for the last two nights! I feel like a human again, rather than just a zombie going through the motions of the day. It just came out of no where. I actually woke up yesterday in a panic because I fell asleep watching tv and realized the sun was coming up and there was no little person's feet in my face.

I can't believe I'm so far behind on the Christmas stuff - some of the countdowns have already started!

I was at Walmart this morning, and they had more than one Christmas aisle. Got some great deals in a huge toy clearance. They're clearing everything to make room for the new Christmas stuff :)

12. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Hello, friends!

Thought I had posted this a.m., but realized I hadn't. Guess I just read the couple of posts that were there earlier.

Our soup lunch went ok. We made $246. Not too many people were at church, so only had about 30 or 35 people, but got some extra donations. I brought home some broccoli cheese soup and a ham salad sandwich, some cookies and half of my pan of brownies. I may freeze those.

It is hot today. And will continue to get hotter all week! Ugh. I would like temps in the 70s! At least the sun is shining!

Hope everyone is having a great day. MJ didn't feel like going to church this morning. She didn't go to sleep till about 5 a.m. I will call her in a little while. TTYL!!

13. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning to you all.
    It is cold here this morning. Went to let the dogs out a little after 6.30 and I could see my breath. Not unusual as it is still only the early weeks of Spring but brrrr.
    Work for me today and as always I have a few things on my list plus there is always things to do from the other CWs. Home and then a quiet night. Going to Costco later in the week so might write a list.
    Waiting to hear if I need to take DD BF and family to the air port tomorrow or not. I offered as the airport is near my work and I need to be over that side of town anyway. Will see if I hear back from them today.

Carrie, glad to hear you are feeling better,
    Dierdra, like the sound of DD costume,
    Debbie, the new apartment sounds great,
    Jody, safe travels to you,
    Pam, it will cool down so enough, take care,
    Frosty, glad you got some sleep,
    Jess, the beach sounds great, did you get there?

Better get ready,
    Much love xoxo

14. MrsSoup

Afternoon!

DD decided this morning that she wanted to sew a pillow. Then when she was done I decided that since the machine was out I would go ahead and sew the patches onto her girl scout vest that I was behind on. Her pillow still needs to be stuffed but we can't find the stuffing. DH may have thrown it out or put it into a tote, not sure. We'll have to wait to ask him when he's off work.

We are not going to the beach, we're going to the movie instead. Although it's a gorgeous day. Who knows what we'll do after. I still need to do math. :rolleyes:

FS- Good to see you!
    Pam- Soup and sandwiches sound good!

15. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Changed my picture---This is a favorite of mine of Jaymee and Teigan. Teigan was a week old.

Dishes done for the 2nd time. Made spaghetti at lunch and put roast in crockpot for supper with carrots and potatoes and then had corn and made mac and cheese. Did dishes earlier this a.m..

Allen mowed the yard and I worked in our room. Jaymee had orders for several shirts and Teigan was with us all. Gpa and her made a fort in her closet. Well actually Teigan did and called us all in there to see it and then gpa played with her.

Gpa Greg came by this evening.

For grandparents day Teigan had Greg, us, Jan and mom there. I also caught up with a guy whose grandson is in the morning class and 3. We use to hang around and I haven't seen him in years. Was a nice catch up.

Gotta go clean bed off.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
  16. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Jess, Loved your answer to my DD’s rant on Facebook.

17. MrsSoup

Good! I figured it would help if she heard it from someone "outside" the norm. hehe

We took the kids to see The Meg. DH met us there since he had to come straight from the motorcycle course to make it. It was pretty good. Eli about jumped out of his seat once or twice. LOL We came home and DH and I ran to the Commissary and now he's grilling burgers and hotdogs for dinner. I didn't do any math today so I guess after dinner I will practice some conversions and have a beer. ;)

DD caught some type of bug from a friend. She is congested and her nose is runny and she's coughing. She normally gets hit hard and fast with any type of bug like that so i'm curious to see how she is in the morning and if she'll be well enough to go to school. She's well enough at this moment but she normally ends up missing a day and gets a fever. I hope not though. She'll get to the point where she says water tastes funny.

Night friends.