Slippery Sunday February 10th, 2019

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Good Morning!!!!

2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

It was raining about 6 and freezing.

Allen is getting ready to go get breakfast from the Firemans Pancake and Sausage breakfast.

The Christmas in July swap has been up since the first of the year and will close out at the end of this month. Would really like for more to join in. Would like to see some of the ones in it from years before rejoin and would love new ones. THINK about it!

Today will be----not sure.

Jaymee got us an instant pot so would like to look a recipe up to try in it.

Everybody have a GREAT day!

3. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

We are to have worse weather today than yesterday and yesterday was pretty windy and cold with rain off and on in the morning. We slept with the windows open last night because it was so cool, but had some heavy rain early this morning so I had to get up and close our window because it was coming in. The waves are supposed to be up to 60' today, we may take a drive up to North Shore, although the traffic will be horrendous. They have closed all the beach parks and beaches as far as I've heard. Too dangerous. Lots of homes in danger and some roads may get washed out and beaches eroded with this high surf.

I can hear the wind outside the window now and it hasn't even hit its peak yet. DH went to see a PT test happening this morning. Feel sorry for whoever is having to take it in this weather. He said they may have cancelled it but he didn't have any phone numbers so couldn't check. I need to do homework today since I didn't get finished up with my math practice modules yesterday. I might take a writing practice test today and another reading practice test.

Lana- Hope the lambs will survive!

Enjoy your day!

4. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Just returned from church and checking in. We will make pizza in a bit as it is an easy meal to make after church. We are fortunate in that we can get home from our church in time to live stream DS(35) church.

I plan on reading my book today. It as taken me a little bit to get into it but now it is capturing my interest better.

Yesterday we got the downstairs area mostly prepped for painting. DH as to do a little caulking near windows. I hope to start painting after my biopsy and finish on Tuesday (it's a large room). Once that is done I will have a professional carpet cleaner come in and clean that carpet. After that I can get my craft/sewing room just how I want it and can start sewing and crafting.

5. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

ill be glad when this cold goes away going to get some more meds today

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  6. jampss

jampss Well-Known Member

I enjoyed reading and catching up with you all. :)

DS15 did go to residential OCD therapy in Wisconsin (we are in FL). His check in date was Jan 15. DH and I flew up with him. THAT was an exposure in anxiety in itself! o_O But he did well. We went the week end before to just walk around the airport and see how the security scanners worked. I believe he had more anxiety about the x-ray than the flying. Although, his face when the landing gear clanked .... :eek:

7. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning, It is a cool one here and I am wearing a cardigan. Funny how 2 weeks ago it was so hot here we could hardly move. The seasons are changing although I think we will still have some warm days ahead. I always get a little glum when the seasons change. Looking forward to the Autumn though and all that it brings.
    Start of a new week here and a busy one. Always enough to keep me busy.
    Work today and tomorrow should be good, new CW seems to be fitting in well, but I am not taking for granted that she will stay the long run.

Must get moving, I hope that you all have an amazing day,
    Much love,

8. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Jaymee went to the house but we all stayed here. Her front door is now red. At least the inside part not sure of the outer part. Sidewalks were still slick so the guys didn't go move stuff.

Ryan put the lights up under my counters, in pantry and under cabinets above washer and dryer. They have a remote but can push on also. Can go 10, 40, 80 or 100%. Think we will like them.

Going to do boneless porkchops in the instant pot. Teigan and I made brownies.

Charmed is on and easy to get caught up in it.

Faye, hope you are feeling better. This weather sure plays with a person.

Think I will go work on clearing more stuff.

Ryan has his hats in dishwasher. 10 of them.

9. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone.

DH is getting the man cold, I do believe. I'm thinking he has some fever because he's always burning up, and I'm always cold. Today, he's wanting it warmer than I do. o_O We'll definitely be sleeping in separate beds tonight. And...he's grouchy when he doesn't feel well. :eek: He came home after Sunday school. I stayed for church. I'll go tonight, but he'll stay home.

Lana, it's exciting when you get to start moving stuff in.
    Katrina, hope you have a good day. DH and I were talking today about the weather won't be cold too much longer. We've have roller-coaster weather all winter.
    Jess, I hope you got through your schoolwork today.
    Jampss, I hope the residential therapy is beneficial for DS. I can't even imagine how hard it was for you to leave him.
    Faye, I hope the new medicines make you feel better.
    Jody, what fun to get to set up a sewing/craft room. Hope the biopsy is clear!

It's about time to leave for church. Hope you all rest well tonight.

10. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

The day is going pretty well here, as always will be happy to lock the door and head home for the night. Not sure what I will do when I get home but some knitting sounds nice.
    Even though I came to work this morning in a cardigan it has warmed up to a beautiful day. I love those cold nights, warm days of late Summer/early Autumn I think it is my favourite time of the year.

missjane, hope that DH is feeling better soon.
    Lana, a red door, how exciting!!

Hope that you are all ready for a long Winter's nap......

11. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Evening!

DH and I ran out this morning to find a medicine ball for me. I'm starting a workout program tomorrow and knew I would need one at some point this week. I wanted a 10lb ball but could only find an 8lb ball. Oh well, i'll make do with it for now and order a bigger one online once I know i'm going to stick with what i'm doing. We came home and ate lunch and then took the kids up to North Shore to try to see big waves. The traffic was pretty backed up and it was raining and the windows were salty so we couldn't see much anyway, so we turned around and headed back. When we were driving through Haleiwa, water was coming up onto the road by the beach park. I knew at some point the road would be covered and closed, sure enough it was later this afternoon. We did drive to the other side of town and see the waves on that side before trying to go to the busier side where the waves would be even bigger.

We came back home and ended up losing power for about 4-5 hours. DH and DD went to go grab dinner and shortly before they got back the power came back on. I had just dug out the candles and was getting ready to start putting them around and lighting them. My head is killing me. DH wants to watch a movie but i'll probably fall asleep.

Goodnight friends.