Slow Snowy Saturday 8 Feb 2020

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ahorsesoul, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Morning all MHHers

2. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

We have snow flakes in the air but no new snow to shovel. Yet.

Nothing on our schedule today that has to get done. Will try to get Dh to install the file bars in the file drawer. I do have a report I could finalize.

girlsinmo likes this.
  3. girlsinmo

girlsinmo Well-Known Member

Good day Diedra and all who follow. Been a stressful couple of days around here. But today is a new day. I have blueberry muffin bread in the oven.. Have clean the toilet. And almost finished a book I started yesterday. I've been enjoying some Amish fiction lately. I like the simplicity of their lives.

Tomorrow is our DGD birthday. The years go by quickly.

Have a good day everyone.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  4. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

The adults went out last night downtown to Duke's for dinner and drinks beachside. We watched the sunset and were hoping to catch the Friday night fireworks but whoever said you could see them from there lied, there is another hotel in the way. Oh well, we had a show on the beach from a homeless man talking to himself and dancing. It was a beautiful night. DBIL did some shopping for his family and DFIL and I listened to a street performer playing an ukelele. DD texted me shortly after we got downtown that she had thrown up. She didn't eat all day and had taken the first pill of Tamiflu. That is one of the side effects so i'm hoping that's all it was and she will be fine taking it this morning with some chocolate milk. She doesn't want to eat anything and didn't sleep most of the night she said. Unfortunately I don't think she will be doing any of the activities with us today. I am allowing her to sit downstairs on the couch for a while, she's tired of being quarantined in her room.

We are going to the Arizona Memorial later this morning and then this evening we have a luau. DH has homework to do (2 papers to write) so at some point we are going to have to stop and relax so he can do that. There will be some time this afternoon before the luau. I have been working on mine whenever I have time.

Diedra- Enjoy your snowflakes!
    Tricia- The bread sounds delicious!

Enjoy your day!

girlsinmo and Ahorsesoul like this.
  5. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Hello, Friends.

We were to get more of the white crap last night, but only about 1-2 inches.

I am being lazy today. Just lying around playing on the iPad. I should go heat up some chili from the other night. I need to bake a cake for tomorrow. Clean up the kitchen. Normal stuff. I did not sleep well last night. Tried to go back to sleep for a little while, but no such luck.

Yesterday was a beautiful day. The sun was actually shining! The sky was so blue, and I went out and enjoyed it! Did a bunch of errands. It was wonderful!

I had best get with the program! DD has bronchitis. Poor kid. I used to get it a lot. I always know when I do have it, because my chest gets so tight that it hurts to breathe!

Jess, hope Addison feels better soon.
    Trish, happy birthday to Ashley.
    Diedra, enjoy your down time!

Everyone, stay safe and be blessed.

6. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

Good morning. It's a beautiful day!

I'm up, showered, dressed, and breakfasted. I fixed bacon, eggs & strawberries. I didn't have fresh eggs - all I have are powdered from our food storage. I mixed some eggs and cooked & tasted them, then they went into the garbage. I told dh they were nasty, but he said he wanted some anyway. So I fixed his with cheese & salsa, made an omelet, and told him I hope he doesn't get sick. When I checked back he said my original assessment was correct - nasty. Haha - guess I'll go grocery shopping today.

I'm off in a few minutes to take dgd to gymnastics and dgs to swim. I forgot to get gas yesterday - I hope I have enough. No time to get it before - the gas station is the opposite direction.

Have a nice day.

7. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Good Afternoon MHH friends,
    DS stopped by for breakfast this morning (sausage and biscuits) and to have me help him pull his income tax paperwork since I will be going to the accountant on Thursday.

DH and I went and picked up a chair for my mom with the hope that it will help her get up and down easier with her painfull knees. We went on to Aldi and the library. Now it’s laundry and relaxing.
    Trust you are having a good weekend.

8. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! Sunny but cool - it was 46* when I woke up!

Made bread in the bread maker and made a pie for the fridge for tonight. Then DH took me to the scrapbook store and we just got back in. I'd like pizza for dinner but we shall see how that goes.

I really want to finish the scrapping but I also have a terrible headache, all over my head and into my eyes. Maybe lying down would help.

Jody - busy morning!
    Jess - sorry that DD is ill and missing the good times
    Tricia - glad the stress is over
    Pam - relax!
    Deb - enjoy the beautiful day!
    Diedra - enjoy a day with no plans

9. Myron's Mom

Myron's Mom Well-Known Member

Good afternoon everyone! It’s starting to snow again here. We had 2 nights of freezing rain and snow last night. While I know this weather is a pain for everyone, it’s so beautiful and has been good for my soul.

We had our Sebastian euthanized on Tuesday. His renal failure had got the best of him. Thankfully his doctor and 2 “girlfriends”were there to care for him (and us). Our house is so empty without our boys. I even miss the cat litter on the floor of the laundry room. Everyday does get a “hair” better though.

Everyone has my prayers! For husbands, children, and other family members. For your jobs, school and your safety ( especially for your safety!).

I have posted the February Rudolph Day stuff.
    Have a great weekend everyone!

girlsinmo, Ahorsesoul and luludou like this.
  10. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Hello, to all!

I worked this a.m. and then after work ran by the house that my mom is renting. They are basically done doing the fixer up things so she should be able to start moving in. She is going to paint it I think--first. My sister brought her a chair for $55.00 and then the people gave her a couch free. Both nice shape. She will be glad when all is behind her. With her moving that will be all my relatives out of Ashley. Before I would say 20% was somehow related but with deaths and moving on to bigger areas......

Guess we will have chili and grilled cheese for supper.

I am cleaning in the front room. Trying.

Prayers for all!

11. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Dh got home at 1 am. Got up at 7. Washed bathroom closet, armoire and drawers. Lunch at subway and then a few groceries. Baby is now here with us

12. MrsSoup

Afternoon!

We went to the Arizona Memorial. We walked around and looked at the sites there, Eli was the only child that came with. He enjoyed seeing the ship type stuff. We got on the boat and went over and did the memorial. It was a bit chilly, the wind kicked up and some rain moved through right before our tour. Afterward we drove over onto Pearl Harbor past ship row. Now we're home and relaxing until the luau later.

DD is still fevered and now her throat hurts as well. Needless to say she will not be attending the luau with us. :( DFIL tripped on the curb when we arrived at the memorial site, thought he was going to fall but he didn't. It was painted bright red for safety and he just missed it. This morning he made a pot of brown water because he forgot to put the coffee in. I'm worried about him. He fell in the hotel bathroom before they flew over here and hit his back on the toilet, he's got a nice bruise and possibly cracked a rib but who knows.

13. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning all
    Sunday here and it is chilly, makes me yearn for the cooler days to come.
    DS and DH have gone to the movies with DD and DFSIL, I did not want to go as I have been out everyday this last week and just wanting a rest at home. I will be doing all the chores that have not been done this week.
    Apparently FIL had a bad night and told the staff that he was off to the Oscars. They calmed him. Made us realise that we made the right decision to place him in care.

DD and DFSIL have set a date for the wedding, 21.10.2021. Now we have a date to work towards. They have looked at and booked a venue. Exciting times ahead

Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
    luludou, MrsSoup and girlsinmo like this.
  14. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Very cool date for the wedding. You sound so happy.

girlsinmo likes this.
  15. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

Hello. After all my running today I put 16.07 gallons of gas in my 16-gallon tank in the car. But I made it!

Did the grocery shopping and went to Dennys for a take-out appetizer for dinner. If anyone likes brussels sprouts, their new Crispy Brussels Sprouts are very tasty. The dgkids - and even dsil - loved them too. I was glad I bought 2 orders. I fried pork chops, and with the brussels sprouts, that was dinner. Dsil & the kids are still eating plant-based, but the rest of us are back on Keto. Dh, dd, and I need to lose a lot of weight - and as much as I dislike meat, I do lose weight on Keto.

I didn't get my disastrous bedroom cleaned today - guess it can wait until tomorrow.

Girlsinmo - I really like the Amish books too. Happy Birthday to dgd!
    Pam - my favorite activity these days seems to be "lazy." I hope your day was restful.
    Jess - your Hawaii activities sound so enjoyable. It's nice that you can share with family. Sorry dd can't enjoy the activities, and it's scary about dfil.
    Miss JoDee - I hope your mom enjoys her new chair and finds it helpful.
    Myrons Mom - I'm sorry to hear about Sebastian. So sad.
    Debbie - fresh bread and homemade pie. Mmm. I hope you were able to lose your headache.
    Lana - how nice for your mom to have new furniture. Hope her move goes smoothly.
    Lucie - enjoy the baby!
    Katrina- it sounds like dfil has good caregivers - it's nice to not worry about him. Yay for a wedding date!

It sounds like everyone had a nice day. Sleep well, friends.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  16. girlsinmo

girlsinmo Well-Known Member

@Pam Spaur
    @GrammaDeb

Ashley said thank y'all for the birthday wishes. Deb do you have any Amish fiction writers you'd recommend?

@Myron's Mom
    I am sorry for your loss. Prayers for comfort.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  17. MrsSoup

Katrina- Sounds like you definitely made the right decision. It's hard but safety it top priority and they will make sure he is safe and comfortable. What a great date for a wedding!!
    Deb- Glad you didn't run out of gas!

Ahorsesoul likes this.