Snow Trace Saturday November 10th, 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Good Morning!

2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

It was probably peaceful with me gone---BUT I am back!!! I think! Got the new computer set up last night. Ended up taking it back to Staples and they had to reset it back to factory and set it up then called Frontier last night and they got my email up and the security put on it.

It is 17 this a.m. and a small small trace of snow on the ground.

I will change clothes here shortly and go see Aunt Imogene. Then to CLEAN CLEAN! Hoping to get Christmas out and see where I am at. And the shoeboxes. That is my 3 day plan while off---so will see. Would like the tree up sometime during first part of week. Kind of bummed tho, I will probably put the blue/silver ornaments on that I did when Boomer was a kitten and here so my homemade ones do not get messed with, with this new kitten. He is a pretty cat but overly playful and down right a pain.

I even have a couple recent pictures of Teigan on my blog and a couple items I did for a swap.

I am behind on reading post so hope all are well!

Have a GREAT day!

3. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Good morning all (Lana)! It's sunny and in the low 40's today. Winter's chill has settled in.

It started to pour yesterday afternoon so just stayed in and puttered. My hand is doing better and I am currently typing with two hands which is a relief! Today DH and I will go to BBB because they are offering 25% off everything to vets, Should be able to get some gifts for DS and DDIL and maybe some other stuff for the house. Also need Sodastream syrup! Then dinner out.

Tomorrow is our camping club's Friendsgiving celebration and DH leaves for FL Monday am.

Lana - Teigan is so big! Lovely pics! and I love the ornaments you've made for the swaps
    Katrina - I will have to watch the Greatest Showman while DH is away. Thanks for reminding me. DH is very moved by the way Australia honors its veterans
    Diedra - enjoy the snow!
    Jess - "dreaming of a white Christmas"?

Hugs to all!

4. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

Snow here tonight and tomorrow.

We are heading out to the football game in a little bit. Hubby gave me a hair cut... just above my shoulders. A lot came off. My head feels so much lighter. I shaved his head. He has to have a hair cut every few couple of weeks otherwise his head ends up looking fuzzy. :D

We decided not to tailgate. Oh, thank goodness. Suppose to be chilly out there at the game. I am wearing my thermals. I am going to get hot if we stay home too much longer. I will feel good out there in the stadium with all the wind. Probably won't get seats in the stands. Will have to sit near the band under the goal posts.

Kiddo is riding with us but we won't see him till after the game. :rolleyes:

Will check in later. Stay warm everyone!!

5. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

Lana- Missed hearing from you daily! Glad you are back!
    Debbie- I am "dreaming of a white Christmas"! I'm so jealous of all the snow i'm seeing on FB. Even back home in Missouri had snow. Glad your hand is better!
    Carrie- Have fun at the game! I love the atmosphere of sporting events.

It is raining here this morning. I actually slept in this morning until after 7! I was up during the night with tummy issues. This morning I want to visit the craft fair at DD's school and then we need to go to Sam's Club to see if we can find glasses for Eli. A friend that bought a house a while back is having a housewarming party this afternoon so I need to get a gift for them. I thought about doing the traditional housewarming basket with bread, salt, wine, etc. and printing out the saying to go with it, but not sure if I have time for all that so it may just be a bottle of wine. We'll see.

My best friend invited me over this evening for Hallmark movies and wine to destress from our children. I'll go over there for a while. Not sure how much drinking i'll do though. I should probably make a pan of brownies or something. haha DS left work super early last night and I saw him when I was coming back from dropping DD at girl scouts. I'm so over him. I'm really tempted to sell that vehicle we bought that he's supposed to be paying us for and let him figure it out on his own.

Enjoy your day!

6. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Went to see Aunt Im, to Dollar General and then Ashley had a small bazaar and I got Teigan a Minnie/Mickey Mouse bow and I got a magnetic bangle bracelet and 3 inserts. A snowman face, Merry Christmas and Believing is achieving.

Thank you for the comments on the swap items. Turkey is a potholder and the mini quilt in hoop is an ornament.

Debbie glad you can use both hands now.

Jess, that sounds like a nice gift with all of it but wine will do good too. Have fun at your friends. I take it he has been leaving before? Or just other stuff--will read postings.

Carrie be warm.

Going to go work in kitchen putting drained dishes away and straighten table and then into here! YUCK! Allen went to get rid of some stuff that Aunt Imogene wanted given out.

7. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

did not sleep too well but doesn't matter today is no work. dh is moving the toilet to it's new location. updated gift list and finished off a few more. Made a list to complete the advent calendar soon. Put up a christmas tree in the basement ... with incorporated lights... and of course 1 strand isn't lighting up.
    Haven't done much today. Chicken is cooking. just picked up a little and did dishes. crocheted and watched a Christmas movie.

Lana can't access your blog

Later

8. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Lucie, some have said that in the past and have had to go in different. I have changed all I know how to. When I click it from here I get to a page of my postings and go in from there.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
    luludou likes this.
  9. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

DD and I went to the holiday bazaar. She got a pair of holiday earrings and I bought a wave ring to replace the one I lost. I bought DD a brownie and both of us a drink and then we left. We headed down to Target and picked up two bottles of wine for my friend and I tonight and all the things for my housewarming basket (salt, honey, olive oil, wine, candle, and bread- I picked up scones because I couldn't find any good bread). I just got done making a tag that I will print out and put in the basket. I found a $3 round basket to put everything in back in the Christmas section.

I'm so tired, think i'm fighting something off again. I don't think we're going to have time to take Eli today so looks like it will be tomorrow.

Lana- He decided he wasn't going to go a couple nights for no reason and then he's been leaving early. They don't care because he works for tips so it's not a "set" schedule, but I care and am trying to teach him responsibility and obligation, but since the job itself could care less he thinks he can just do whatever he wants. :rolleyes: Makes it really hard to get him to understand anything.
    Lucie- Always seems there is one strand that won't work on the pre-lit trees. I'm about to stop buying them and go back to stringing lights.

luludou likes this.
  10. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning.
    November 11th here and Remembrance Day.
    We will reflect all day on the sacrifices so many made for our little country including my own dad who died in 1999. Dad rests in a war grave and I will lay a poppy in remembrance.

for lunch today DH and I will take the dogs down to our local lake and meet up with DD, BF and BF's parents for a picnic lunch. Should be a lovely afternoon. I have veggie frittata in the oven to take along with some bottled water and some orange and date cookies. I think DD is taking a beetroot salad and there will be roast chicken and green salad. Quite the feast.

Home a time to get ready for work for the week.

Jess, I really think that it is reasonable to sell DS vehicle. He needs to learn that nothing is free in life and if he wants it he has to earn it. He knows how to play you. Hope that you have a great destress with tour friend.

11. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

We are back. I got cold near the end of the game. Oh, by the way... WE WON!!

Kiddo thought it was a boring game (teenagers :rolleyes:). They other team didn't score a single point. We started the game kinda sloppy. Hubby and I had fun. The music before the game is loud and rocks. We danced in the stands. One lady got all mad and screamed that the music was too loud and awful. I was embarrassed for her. Its a football game... and we are guest at a high school. I found out later that she does this every single home game. Wow!!

I am soaking some rice noodle as as soon as they are ready we are having stir-fry. The smell is so good... making me hungry.

Snow is on the way. The sky turned dark at the end of the game. Hubby says this could be a significant storm. To that I say "YES!!!".

12. sweetpumkinpye

Carrie, the game sounds like fun. I have never seen a snow storm, I think it would be wonderful.
    I am trying to pack for the picnic, DH is sitting on the couch. i really dislike when he does this. Will need to bite my tongue.

13. sweetpumkinpye

Back home from picnic which was good fun. The weather was just perfect down by the lake. We were not there too long as we all have to get ready for work tomorrow. DH was great at unpacking the picnic so glad I did not say anything earlier to ruin the day.

Dishwasher is running and I think a nap may be on the cards.