Snowy sunday January 12, 2020

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by luludou, Jan 12, 2020.

1. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    Monday here for us and that means back to work.
    I will be the only one in the office until about 1 so I have packed my planner and my meal planner and will work on those if I can. Boss might have left me some work....how rude.
    Home tonight and the goal is to do at least 5 rows of knitting so I feel like I have done something for me today.
    Hope that you all have a great night.
    xoxox

Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
    Ahorsesoul and girlsinmo like this.
  2. happy2bme

happy2bme Well-Known Member

Is it OK to post the recipe in the Holiday Cooking section under Breakfast Recipes or should I PM Jess the recipe?

sweetpumkinpye and girlsinmo like this.
  3. happy2bme

happy2bme Well-Known Member

Jane - someone installed one of those Nest thermostats, but didn't install any sensors. The thermostat is in the living room, so that room and my bedroom which are at the front of the house get enough heat. The kitchen, laundry room and K's room are at the back of the house and very little heat. The old thermostat was set at 16 degrees for when we aren't home and we weren't able to find any information about resetting it. When I would come home from work, the house would be freezing and it would took the furnace running nonstop for 2.5 hours for the house to warm up. I knew it was too cold in here when Ruby's fur would be very cold to the touch.

4. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Please post in Holiday Cooking. Thanks.

5. girlsinmo

girlsinmo Well-Known Member

[QUOTE="missjane, post: 312391, member:
    Tricia, I take the muffin mixes and add things to enhance them a little. Some I like better than others. Hope you had a good day.[/QUOTE]

Jane may I ask what kind of things do you add?

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  6. girlsinmo

girlsinmo Well-Known Member

DH took the tree and put it in storage. DGD & DH took the ornaments off last weekend. We have a few pieces of furniture to move around then everything will be back in its place.

DGD & I have each been reading on a book and eating turtles this afternoon. Been a quiet peaceful day.

We bought a rotessori chicken and tator logs for supper. Might cut sweet onion up place it butter, s&p in aluminum foil in oven to cook.

Have a great rest of the day.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  7. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

I've vaccumed main floor and washed main bathroom. did a little laundry... then at noon ds texted saying my brother is at their house (they wanted to go sking in Charlevoix (about 1 hour from here)), so we took off to meet them and see our baby :) :) On the way there dh helped neighbor who was stuck in snow in his driveway. My brother was stuck in ds's driveway too. We had over a foot of snow and LOTS of winds, blizzard conditions.

Stayed for supper at ds's house (brother left at 4:00 with sil). My Xavier is growing up! he is 10,5 lbs now (he was 7,6 at birth). He is a month old now. tomorrow is his 1st time at doctor's for general follow up. ddil says she will need me afterwards ... so I,ll get to see my baby tomorrow too :)

DH is gone to shovel the entryways and mil's entry too.

Night

8. sweetpumkinpye

I misread that and thought it said reading a book about eating turtles.......I thought new recipes!!!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  9. sweetpumkinpye

Work actually went very quickly this morning, it is nearly 1pm. I did spend a few minutes updating my planner and making a few note in the small diary I carry in my hand bag, the rest of the time was work related. I have just had lunch and the physio should be here very soon to start her afternoon of patients.
    Should be finished by 6.15 or so so still a long afternoon to go.
    Looking forward to getting home and doing some fun things, some knitting is on the agenda for tonight.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  10. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Jane may I ask what kind of things do you add?[/QUOTE]

Tricia, if we do the banana nut, I mash up a banana and add it. Apple cinnamon, I add half an apple. Any of the strawberry, wild berry or blueberry, I add any of those fruits I may have on hand - about 1/3 cup. I leave the chocolate as is. DH wants pecans added to any of them! (but I don't always add them)

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  11. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hello, everyone.

Mama joined us at our church tonight instead of going to hers. She has choir practice at 4:30 at her church and passes by ours on the way home, so she stops and goes to church with us sometimes since it's after dark and longer for her to get home from hers.

We went to DS's for about 30 minutes. DGS#2 bought some new gaming gear with some of his money and wanted to show it to us. A few of my dishes from Christmas were still at their house and I brought them home.

DD27 officially starts her new job tomorrow. She'll be taking her test for her license February 8th. She's been working in her unit for several months already, so nothing new, but she won't be under someone's supervision...so maybe a little more "scary" knowing it falls on her own responsibility to know what to do.

Katrina, until 6:15 is a long day! Hope you're getting to do something you want to after work.
    Mel, that's crazy about the thermostat. Who would do something like that without putting in sensors?
    Lucie, stay safe in those conditions! Glad you're getting to see Xaivier...prayers for a good checkup tomorrow.

I'm not looking forward to all the rain coming our way, but this summer, I'm sure I'll be wishing for some, so I shouldn't complain. I know the farmers are starting to get fields sprayed to kill the winter grasses and can't with the fields so wet. We're a huge agricultural area, and our economy depends heavily on it.

I'm about to menu plan for the week. Tricia's rotisserie chicken sounds good...thanks...that's what I think we'll have tomorrow night. Now I want to look for planner stickers since Katrina talked about working her planner.

Rest well, friends.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  12. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

Hello. Lots of rain going on for a lot of you. Snow too, and cold temps. Brrr.

It has been a quiet day here. I went to church, ate lunch, was cold so I laid on the bed under a couple blankets, to read, and fell asleep. I can't say that I accomplished very much today.

It was my day to fix dinner but both dsil & dd were home, so I didn't worry about it. Finally I texted dsil to see if he wanted me to fix dinner (at 6:15). He said Yes please. I hate that. I got things out to fix dinner, and then he said dd wanted a peanut butter & honey sandwich (she can fix her own) and there were burritos in the fridge for the kids. Fine. DH & I had pb&j sandwiches with tortilla chips & bean dip. That was easy.

I'm going to start a new book and read for a while and then call it a night. Sleep well.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  13. sweetpumkinpye

MissJane, I work Monday and Tuesday 8.15 to 6.15 both days. I choose not to take lunch so ends up be 2 very long days. I would rather do that though then to be a work 3 or 4 days.

Ahorsesoul and missjane like this.
  14. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Racine

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  15. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Thanks. I was thinking it was on the opposite side of the state from us. Nice area.

16. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Racine is about 25 miles from me. My home is open to H and any other family members passing by.

17. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Jody, that is so nice of you.

18. Lolwlias

Lolwlias Well-Known Member

Lana, if you used your pin & it didn't work, if you try again but hit the credit button instead--that often works. I see that often. Their cards won't work & I just tell them to process it as credit & then it works.

MrsSoup and Ahorsesoul like this.
  19. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Yes, we do this too!

Ahorsesoul likes this.