So Glad It's Saturday, May 12, 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by missjane, May 12, 2018.

1. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Good morning, everyone!

2. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

What's going on in your world today?

DH was up and out early to mow yards this morning. I got up and showered and need to pay a few bills. Then, I'm out and about, too. I need to go to the Crowville house today to take some measurements,go by the bank - have been trying to get to the bank all week, and a few other errands to run.When I leave, I'll be setting off flea bombs...still a few lingering. Have to be gone for at least two hours, which will not be a problem with all I have on my list.

Hope you all have a great Saturday!

3. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good morning Jane and all who follow!

I'm running errands today, too, Jane. We're heading to Sam's when the girls leave and then to pick up plants for the moms for mothers day. I'm not a fan of mothers day, even as a mom. They went to the farm with J for a bit, so it's quiet. They've been pretty quiet overall, messy, but quiet. LOL Laundry is about done. I still need to do the area rugs and bath mats, but then I'll be done with that chore. I have so sewing to do to mend 2 dance costumes, so I'll do that this evening. That's about it for me.

Have a great day!

4. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Good morning. We had a massive wind storm yesterday and last night - lowered today's temperature by 20 degrees. I'll take it!

I met a young lady yesterday, from Mongolia. She was so proud of her English. She just jabbered away, and I couldn't understand a word she said. I felt silly, just nodding and smiling. The young lady with her had known her long enough that she understood and could translate her "English" into my English, and we all got along quite well.

I'm working on my shopping list and then I'll run to Wal-Mart. I have put it off all week, and I can't put it off any longer. I need chocolate! Well, other things too - but chocolate is definitely on the list.

Have a great day everyone.

teachermomof2 likes this.
  5. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I was trying to get DH to take me on a ride but he's making excuses so I guess we won't go. It's a beautiful morning for the beach but obviously DD can't go so I suggested the ride on the bike. She has a birthday party to go to this afternoon. I asked if she knew what the activities were and she said her friend said they were secret. But she did verify there was no running. I asked if she verified there were no water activities and she didn't. But the friend does know she is now in a cast. Aye, yai yai.

I guess i'll do some laundry and dishes and some cleaning. Then read some of my homework. I also need to finish my grocery list and meal plan and go to the Commissary. I forgot zucchini when we bought veggies the other night and want to make zucchini bread. I also forgot to put my frozen edamame in the freezer and it's been in the fridge so i'm not sure if it's any good anymore, so i'll buy some new just in case.

Jane- Sounds like a busy day for you!
    Lisa- Glad the sleepover went well. I prefer quiet girls. haha I want them to have fun, but not screaming fun. hehe
    Deb- So neat the you met someone new from another country.

Enjoy your day!

6. angelpugs

angelpugs Active Member

Good evening everyone,hope your enjoying Mother's Day Weekend,as it has been a nice one here i went over into vermont and found more repurpose things as ell as upcycle items and my son and i went to lunch.Tomorrow he'll be doing a bbq and we have marshmellows to toast so it will be a wonderful Mother's Day for me.Wish you all a Very Happy Mother's Day. 256684-Happy-Mother-s-Day.gif

7. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good evening to all hot day 95 and very humid. very busy at work today. hope everyone has agood night

8. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    Sunday morning here, Mother's Day in Australia. I am hoping for a warmer day than what we have had the past few days.
    My mum and DD will be over at 11.30ish for a light lunch of cold meat, cheeses and a mud cake and strawberries for dessert. We will have coffee, iced tea and apple cider for drinks. Low key, no fuss.
    I need to finish a module for the accreditation I am doing for DrillDance and I need to get ready for the new work week.
    Need to tidy up the mess from unpacking DS bed and get that into the trash pack.

Hope that you are all having a wonderful day.

9. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Afternoon!

I did some dishes this morning after breakfast. DH worked on some homework and then took me for a ride. :) We were going to go around the island but we got stuck in some horrible traffic. There must have been an accident. We ended up turning around and heading back home. We did get in a decent ride before that. I took DD and her friend to the birthday party they were attending and I came back and tried to help a girl I know from high school via messenger figure out how she can connect her phone to her TV so she can stream workouts that way. She wants to get BeachBody on Demand but doesn't have a laptop or tablet. So we're trying to figure it out together. I did a lot of research for her earlier this morning. She really needs something to help her out and i'm hoping this will work for her. She's a single mom of 4 and a nurse that works 12+ hour shifts 3-4 times a week. I was surprised when she messaged this morning.

When I took the girls I noticed the brakes in the car weren't working right, so DH is outside looking at them now. I'll take the truck to pick them up. DH is on leave for two weeks! Yay! I'm hoping the weather is good so we can get in some beach time while the kids are at school. And some practice time on my bike.

I had better get busy doing some cleaning.