So, It's Saturday, December 7. 2019

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by missjane, Dec 7, 2019.

1. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Good morning, everyone!

2. missjane

Hello, everyone.

DD26's pinning and celebration afterward was great! There were about 28 people who came to the house when it was over. Great conversation and visiting. Food was good. She received several cards and gifts.

I'm not sure just what I'll do today. I'm a little bit snuffly. I'll have to see if I have any Zicam and take it if I do. I have plenty that needs doing...

We finally heard from the credit union. The interest rate there is the same as from the bank. I'm still not impressed with their service, so we'll give it a thought. We talked to the owners for the house. They are waiting to hear from Medicare about matters concerning what they owe them. They will put a roof on. We'll have the inside repair work done.

I hate the hear that Carrie had complications and her recovery is going to be so long.

Jess, you may have some disc issues with your neck. Hope you get it checked out.

Have a great day, everyone!

luludou and Ahorsesoul like this.
  3. Myron's Mom

Myron's Mom Well-Known Member

Good morning from a chilly Ohio. The sunrise was beautiful here this morning. Looked like the sky was on fire.
    I'm sitting in the parking lot at kohl’s waiting for them to open. I went to the bath and body works annual candle sale already this morning ( gifts for next year).
    Jane, pinning is so exciting. Do they still do a capping ceremony for the junior students? That maybe a thing of the past now. I still have my cap, though we never wore them, only for pictures.
    Jess, I wear a soft collar a lot for my neck. It seems to help especially when I’m at the computer, driving long distances, or sewing for long periods.
    Prayers for all and your families. Have a safe weekend everyone.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  4. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning, Friends!

It is cool here this a.m. But sunny, so that helps, too. I will be getting out of bed shortly. Need to run to the grocery store to get pound cake. I think I will use blueberry pie filling to go on top. But will let each lady do her own. Finger foods and fruit and veggies, as well as drinks, will be provided. I really wanted to make chocolate mousse, but just could not afford it this time. Maybe next time. Just remembered that I need to look for my lavender tea candles to put in the tea cups. I do have a few vanilla and cinnamon I could use if I want. But I would really rather have the lavender.

That is all I have planned today. I thought the tea started at 1, but it is from 2-4. Not crazy about that time slot. Chops the day up too much for me.

I guess I could tidy things up a bit. I was looking for a bag of ornaments to use in a punch bowl, but could not find them yesterday. I lifted a box the wrong way, I guess. So I pooped out. Went to bed early. Slept fairly well. Was awake around 4, but eventually went back to sleep till almost 8. I suppose I could get up now...nah! Not quite yet.

Hope you will all have a great day. Stay safe and be blessed!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  5. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Good Morning! Along morning it has been already!

Take Allen to ER about 2:10 we got there and I left about 6:45. The ambulance was leaving with him to go to another hospital. The one in Mt. Vernon is full so they took him to Centralia. He has pne.. Has been to doctor 2 times and when he went with me they gave him more meds. Really this week he has felt better and less coughing. I got home from my party about 8:45 and he was in bed so I went too and woke up around 12:30 and we talked about going. His temp was 102.7 and they had it down to 99 when amb. came. Blood pressure went really low and doctor kept telling him to stay awake. I said I will talk to him and I said Allen and it went up to 106/70. Doctor laughed and said I will have to remember that just let then hear the wifes voice.

Anyhoo, I came home to wash Aunt Ims soxs and get her mail so will go to Nashville and then to Centralia. Will get some under clothes for him together. Will drip by the great nieces bday card to my sister.

Have a GREAT day everybody.

Think if I get rubbed the wrong way today I could be alittle (alot not going to lie) B-----!!!! I will sleep good tonight maybe!!!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  6. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good morning!

It's another gray day today. Looks like temps will be a bit warmer than earlier in the week. I went to bed early last night....just tired and not feeling so well. My stomach was paining me. I'm not sure what's up with it. It still hurts a bit this morning. I was sleeping by 9ish. I woke up quite a bit through the night and remember yelling when John's alarm went off for hunting at 5:30am..."My Lord, it's Saturday for heaven's sake!". LOL I rolled out of bed at 7, after hearing a too close for comfort gun shot. Hunting season in rural America. ;)

Straightened up the house, did the weekly money exchange :rolleyes:, am working on laundry and will next will hop in the shower and get ready for a bridal shower brunch for a friend and colleague. Then I think M and I will go to Aldi for some things for baking and probably stop at the grocery for a few things they don't carry so we can start baking week. For some reason....I think it was the later Thanksgiving....I didn't realize it would be time to buy what I needed on my big shopping trip. Then we will start baking and candy making.

Lana...glad Allen went to the hospital and is getting medical care for the pneumonia. I hope you get to rest today! Prayers for a speedy recovery.

Jane...loved the pic of the three of you on fb.

Pam...have fun at the tea party!

MM...I would love some candles for this year....don't know if I'll make it there today or not.

Have a blessed day my friends!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  7. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Good morning all! Sunny and 30's today but it looks like it will warm up later this week like Lisa said.

When DH went to PT I unwrapped the giant (and I do mean giant) case I got to hold our growing collection of shot glasses. DH has been buying them everywhere we go so we might as well have a place to put them! Took out the recycling and am baking some brownies for distribution before we make our rounds this afternoon. Have to go to the commissary as they are the only ones who have the juice that we like.

DS may or may not come out tomorrow for DH's birthday as he is leaving for a week long work trip on the west coast.

Rest of the weekend will be resting interspersed with baking and wrapping and straightening - the usual.

Lana - hope that Allen is better and you can have him home quickly!
    Lisa - the shortened holiday season has confused me too - sometimes I feel like I am behind and then I rush so much so I can feel like I am at least on schedule. And Hanukkah falls right near Christmas this year so there is no real reason to rush.
    Pam - I'm sure it will be a wonderful tea. Would love to be sitting at your table!
    FS - how are you and the girls doing?
    Myron's Mom - you have certainly be "up and at 'em" this morning
    Jane - it sounds like everything was lovely for DD's pinning ceremony

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  8. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

We had a great time at the Ball last night. I think even DH had fun. He actually slow danced with me on the last song. I drank but not too much so I didn't feel awful. After dancing and getting hot and sweaty my stomach didn't feel great but I think it was the heat. I forgot to take Ibuprofen with us so I ended up with a slight headache this morning so we bought some Advil from the little store there and it is helping. We went to the breakfast buffet this morning and walked around a little. Then we decided to just head home. I put some photos on Instagram but will get some on FB as well. DH received an award last night and so did I. He received the Samuel Sharpe and I received the Keeper of the Flame.

I have to go to work in about an hour and i'm a bit nervous as it's my first real shift (8 hours). I'm not 100% sure on how breaks work, if I just go when it's my time or wait until a manager tells me, etc. I like to know the details and it stresses me out when I don't. It spikes my anxiety. I am hoping that I will run into one of the managers or can ask someone before I clock in or another cashier before I start working. I don't want to do the wrong thing. :rolleyes: I need to ask and see if I have a paycheck as well. In orientation they said the 6th was the next payday, but we had a check for orientation, so i'm wondering if we have a check for this pay period for our work this past week or if we have to wait another two weeks until the next one. Unclear.

I think I got the address to everyone that has requested it so far. If I missed anyone please let me know!

Jane- So happy everything went great! I have an appointment next Thursday with my primary care and i'm going to request x-rays at the very least.
    Amelia- Love sunrises like that. The Urgent Care doctor almost sent me home with a collar the time I went in for the worst migraine ever but he didn't, I wish he would have. It would probably help.
    Pam- Have a great time at the tea!
    Lana- Poor Allen! I can't believe the doctors didn't catch it. I hope he's not in the hospital too long and recovers quickly!
    Lisa- Have a great time at the brunch!
    Debbie- Good idea to have somewhere to display the shot glasses.

Enjoy your day!

teachermomof2 likes this.
  9. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Lana, wishing a speedy recovery for Allen and hope that you get some well earned rest today. Take care.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  10. sweetpumkinpye

Good morning,
    Went to bed last night with very thick smoke from a fire to the west of us. Had to close the window at one stage as it was affecting DH. It is still there this morning. The weather forecast for this week show high temperatures so will take some time today to get a few things organised to make the week easier.
    Need to use up some leftovers in the fridge for dinner tonight and make some lunches for work tomorrow and Tuesday. Would like to have something in place for dinner tomorrow night after we get the results of DH biopsy. I have some chicken or taco mince in the freezer so might pull that out.

Washing machine is beeping so will go and place that in the dryer as I think it will just smell smokey if I hang it on the line.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  11. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

It is 7:32 and I just walked in. I should be cleaning but think I will retire here shortly. They had him in ICU at Centralia cuz his blood pressure had dropped so low but moved him to a regular room about 5:45. I left at 6:30. Ran thru McDonalds! Monitors are all off except the IV to get fluids in him. Not sure when he will come home hoping in a couple days. He slept all afternoon and I worked on Christmas cards. Mailed the MHH ones this a.m. but had the family/friends to put in a picture and seal and put return labels on.

Night all!

Thank you for all the well wishes!

Ahorsesoul, teachermomof2 and luludou like this.
  12. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Lana - sending positive vibes to Allen.

We had our baby! Xavier, 7 lbs 6 ... don't know how tall but he's tall. have not been able to hold him yet as he has an infection - it was a long and hard delivery. we got there around 5:30 after work yesterday and stayed until he was delivered at 4:03. got home at 5:30 and bed by 6:00 am.... a full 24 hours without sleep.

Went back today but still can't hold him. DDIL finaly held him at 6:00 pm tonight. they are all tired.

More soon 79322997_10156799394547078_5366290490771636224_n.jpg

Ahorsesoul and teachermomof2 like this.
  13. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Another MHH baby to love! He is so precious! Thankful that he arrived safely and all is well. Congratulations to all!

luludou likes this.
  14. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

What a cutie. I love his name. Congratulations to your family!

15. sweetpumkinpye

Congratulations Lucie. He looks absolutely gorgeous.

16. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Congratulations Lucie!

17. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

He certainly is looking like he will enjoy Christmas and his grandma.

luludou and Lana like this.
  18. missjane

Hi, everyone.

It's been one of those days that things that should have gone smoothly ended up taking way longer than they should have. Therefore, some things I had hoped to get done didn't. DS and family aren't coming for lunch tomorrow, so that will give me some extra time tomorrow. I suppose it will balance out. I got up about 5:45 this morning, but laid back down around 7. I slept until 9:30! :oops:

I was going to wash dishes, but DD22 was in the shower. That's when the man called and said he wanted to look at the van...had to stop and make myself presentable. Had washed my hair and bathed earlier, at least, but had on leggings and a t-shirt and no makeup. The van sold, but we had to find a notary to get the title notarized. $100 less than we wanted, but it's sold, thank goodness, and we're done with that. That took about two hours. It was parked at my mom's house in Crowville, and it looked like someone had tried to get in through some of the windows. So, we came home and watched the rest of the LSU game. Then, we went back to Crowville to brace the windows. They don't have locks. When we went back out, the Highlander wouldn't start because DH left the lights on. DS had to come get us. He didn't bring jumper cables. So, when we got home, DH and I went back (about 35 minute round trip each time) and jumped it off. Cranked fine when we got home. Just a disjointed day.

Amelia, they didn't do a cap ceremony, but they each lit a Nightingale lamp at the end.
    Lucie, Xavier is grand! Guess that's why they call them "grand"children!!!
    Lana, prayers for Allen and that you get to have some rest tonight.
    Debbie, that's the problem with collections. If you have them, you have to have a way to display or store them! I was watching an HGTV show early this morning showing houses extravagantly decorated for Christmas. One man said he has almost 800 totes of Christmas decorations! And we thought WE loved Christmas! ;)
    Katrina, they've been talking on the Weather Channel about the air quality there. I always think of you when they do. Prayers for rain and lower temperatures.
    Pam, I'm sure everything is lovely. What a great thing to do!
    Jess, how wonderful that you and Chad enjoyed the ball. I'm always nervous going into new situations, too. I want all the details ahead of time. I'm sure you did great!
    Lisa, if you didn't make it to the store, can you order candles online?

I better head to bed. Night, friends.

Ahorsesoul and luludou like this.
  19. missjane

Thanks!

teachermomof2 and Ahorsesoul like this.
  20. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Evening!

I am wiped and my back is killing me. I don't know about these 8 hour shifts of standing. I really like working at Target, but man my back hurts. :( I asked one of the team leads when I was coming on shift about going on break and lunch and all that. I had some crazy customers today that i'm pretty sure cheated the system to get a better price, but there wasn't anything I could do about it. DH took the kids and our friends kids to the free screening of the new Jumanji movie on Schofield, they should be on their way home now.

I came home to a dark house because they didn't leave any lights on at all. Hate that! I'm going to need to get into a hot bath and i'm out of epsom salt. :rolleyes: I should have a nice check since I don't get paid until next Friday.

Lucie- Congratulations! He is a doll!
    Lana- Sending healing thoughts Allen's way and hoping you get some rest.
    Jane- Glad you got rid of the van!

Ahorsesoul and luludou like this.