So Saturday it is 11-9-2019

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Good Morning!

2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

I have a 3 day week-end so let's see how productive that is for me!

Today and tomorrow should be in 50's then dropping for the week. To have about an inch of snow Monday so shall see.

I need to go eat some breakfast and get moving.

Everybody enjoy the day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  3. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Today I hope to be Christmas prep focused. Cards, moving furniture around wrapping and I do have some crafting to do too.

Hi Lana, enjoy the 3 day weekend.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  4. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning!

I got more done yesterday than I thought I would. Not a lot by most people's standards, but I am not most people, and aren't you glad about that? Lol

Getting ready to make my hot chocolate mix. Wow! It is going to come in handy on these expected cold days and nights.

I hope to get more accomplished today. It is supposed to warm up a little bit today, to the low to mid 40s. And tomorrow will be in the low to mid 50s. I like that better. Ok, now to the hot chocolate mix. Want some?

Stay safe and be blessed!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  5. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

We took DD to watch the fireworks last night. Her and DH played Phase 10 while we waited. When we were walking up to the Hale Koa there was a very crazy lady, either mental illness, drugs or both. She got right up in DD's face and said something and then she got up in mine and told me to F off. She's lucky I didn't lay her butt out right there on the concrete. Luckily she wasn't there when we left, hopefully she was removed by security.

DH is off to work for half a day. I want to run to the NEX and look for a new moisturizer so I can try this sample of foundation I got at Sephora so I can go back and buy it during the sale. My moisturizer is not enough for my dry skin when used underneath makeup. When I apply the makeup it shows all my dryness and doesn't look good. I also need to work on my task this morning because I need to get moving on finishing this class. This evening we will have two extra kids spending the night so I have to get ready for that.

Lana- Enjoy your 3 day weekend!
    Jody- Sounds like a fantastic day!
    Pam- Hot chocolate mix sounds perfect and congratulations on all you have accomplished.

Enjoy your day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  6. happy2bme

happy2bme Well-Known Member

Good morning,

We have had some crazy winds the last few days and the remains of the last dump of snow are gone. It must have rained overnight as everything is wet and we might get more snow overnight tonight. K is getting her snow tires put on this week and I will make an appointment to get mine done as well.

K is getting ready to go to work and I will keep plugging away on my lists.

Have a great day!

7. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Afternoon! snowflakes here today, the ground is white... ds has at least 3 inches. DH spent the morning at ds's house putting up Christmas lights.. he says ddil bought alot... she loves Christmas :)
    I,ve been doing laundry, picking up and starting to decorate slowly. My santas are out and have some lights installed.
    DS & ddil came by for lunch. ds is now gone with his friends for the afternoon & evening. ddil & dh are back at their house to put up more lights.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  8. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

it was 26 when i went to work this morning. got the heat fixed last nite in the car thank goodness. super busy at work today it will stay that way pretty much now . enjoy your night

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  9. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

Hello. I begged dsil to PLEEEASE put up the Christmas tree. He says no, not until Thanksgiving is over. Calling him The Grinch just makes him laugh. Hmmph.

Dsil hates the movie Mama Mia, so dh & I watched it last night. With the volume cranked up. My little bit of rebellion. Of course dsil was off with the kids at gymnastics & swim, but still...it made me feel better.

I bought a Debbie Macomber Christmas book when I went shopping this week. Started it last night, stayed up until 1 am reading, and now I'm going to finish it and then start on Christmas cards. Think I'll listen to Christmas music, too...I'll show the ole Grinch to "take that."

Meatloaf & pasta salad for dinner. Have a great day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  10. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Well I am just getting started with the crafting. :( DH and I went grocery shopping after he got his classes fixed and I made french toast for breakfast. Then is piddled around until it was time for our appt. to drop off household chemicals off (DH insisted he didn't know where to go:rolleyes:). Fold some clothes and washed my medium weight coat in hopes that we will get a warm up.

Must get started or nothing will happen. Feeling a slight headache must go eat something first.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  11. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

I have done some picking up around the house and two small loads of laundry that have been sitting around. DD's white items and then a load of random items sitting on the washing machine to include some hand towels and DH's hat. I ran to the NEX to look at a new moisturizer and had a nice woman help me. She said it may be my cleanser blocking my moisturizer and talked to me all about cleansers and moisturizers, etc. She cleansed my skin on half my face (it was gross) and then used a moisturizer and an eye cream. My skin looked amazing! So much more hydrated. She also got the foundation I was thinking of buying and put it on me, in a completely different color than Sephora color matched me, and it was beautiful. She did the other side of my face as well. She gave me a nice sized sample to bring home and try myself with my new skincare. I bought the cleanser and moisturizer. I really wanted the eye cream but it was very expensive so it will go on my Christmas list. The NEX had the foundation cheaper than Sephora even with their discount sale, so when i'm ready to buy it i'll get it there.

I have developed a headache so I took some Ibuprofen and am hoping it kicks in. I was fine when I woke up, so not sure what's going on. I'm drinking water. DH should be heading home soon and i'm not sure what he's going to want to do. I need to pull up my task and get busy.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  12. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    Sunday here and while it is still windy it looks a little warmer.
    Motor racing is on the TV so the boys will be watching for a while, DSIL is on her way over to discuss latest news on DH father and what we are to do next.
    I need to put away the meals I cooked yesterday but the freezer needs a little tidying up.
    DD and BF will probably come over to get some soup and a few other things. In the meantime I will have to do my normal Sunday things and get ready for the work week.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  13. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

I started early this morning but then Dh decided he had to go buy dog food since it was on sale. Really he wanted to shop at the store because it has guns and tools. Yesterday he had told me he needed to go today because it was the only day for the veterans discount. I pulled the ad online to show him it was all weekend. So I wasn’t surprised he took off.

DD helped me move out all the items in my room. Once Dh wandered Back home he moved my bed (Dh and I had even removed the mattress) after I had him hang two sets of curtains. He thought he was done but I kept saying not to forget the two dressers and other items. It now is all in my room. I might move the desk but I’m happy. Only problem is I do not have a place for a night stand next to my bed since it’s in a cubby hole. I might put in a small table like you’d have behind a sofa. Back now. Had to cook dinner and take a relaxing bath.

I did move the desk out of my room. Replaced it with my little wash table. It holds all my items I might need at night and I have room for my chargers. Amazing how we can’t live with out chargers. And I decided I’ll find a bookcase to use as a headboard.

Dh was at the grocery store getting some fresh Italian sausage when he noticed T-bone steaks on sale. He came home to show me the four he had picked up and then headed back to buy 6 more. They were actually porterhouse steaks (they had run out of t-bones) and were off price by 33%. Now the freezer is Full of steak and so are we. Changed the menu from potato pancakes to steak and beans. Had beans because DD hates steak and always has hot dogs and baked beans (her favorite meal). Dh said he didn’t want anything thing else beside steak and beans so an easy meal.

We have found 3 centipedes in the house. One alive and two dead. I flushed all the drains with vinegar and baking soda (internet said that will kill any hiding there and I figure the drains could use a good cleaning). Next I’ll put out sticky traps in the back of cupboards and closets. Then I’ll put diatomaceous earth around the baseboards. I had Dh get the food grade type so its safe around the animals and us.

Told Dh we can put up a mirror, closet hanger and some more shelves tomorrow. At least he didn’t run out the door in terror.

Do something to recharge yourself.

MrsSoup likes this.
  14. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hello, everyone.

Today is DH's birthday. We didn't do anything extra special, but have spent most of the day together. I helped DD22 get her things together for the party. Then, DH and I went to lunch at a local cafe. It was about time for the LSU/Alabama football game to come on by the time we got home, so we watched the game. I had a couple of steaks in the freezer and I cooked those. Just watching television now. I decluttered some while we watched the game.

Lana, yea for a three day weekend. DS's school is off Monday, but DDIL's isn't. Just something good feeling about getting that extra day.
    Jody, I hope the headache didn't keep you from working on the crafts.
    Katrina, how did the meeting with DSIL go about DFIL? So hard to have to make decisions about aging parents and get everyone going in the same direction.
    Jess, glad you found some moisturizer and makeup. Hope the headache went away.
    GrammaDeb, you're too much with your antics with DSIL! lol Which book did you get? I looked at her books at Walmart last week, but didn't get one.
    Faye...woo-hoo for heat in the car! I had a Blazer without heat about 14 years ago and had to wrap in a blanket to drive to work until we got it fixed.
    Lucie, how exciting to have snow! I know those who get it don't think so, but we never get it.
    Mel, so glad we don't have to get snow tires. Hope you and K are careful.
    Pam, good for you to get so much done.

Hope you all have a good night. See you all tomorrow, Lord willing.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  15. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, Diedra...you got a lot accomplished today! Things seem to be shaping up well.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  16. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Evening!

So bits and bits got done today and tons of laundry. Christmas lights are on in the kitchen tonight. Had a sore stomach this afternoon but feeling better now. Thinking the tree will go up this weekend... either tomorrow or Monday (3-day weekend for dh).
    Mom went to hospital today.. she hasn't been feeling well past 3 weeks, seems she has had 3 antibio prescriptions for urinary infection but not working. they gave her a dose intraveinously (?), she should be doing better soon. she has been so sick that she has stayed in bed a day or two (she NEVER does that) and she was pretty mixed up. Sis also has an infection.
    Friend called she was at the Lindt store and advent calendars were on sale $7... so I ordered 3 - 1 for me and the others for the kids.

Night

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  17. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

Dh and I are watching the 1986 flick "Little Shop of Horrors" on Netflix. We haven't seen it for a loooooong time.

Jane - This book by Debbie Macomber is from 2018, "Alaskan Holiday" - it's pretty good. Some of her books are Harlequin Romances, which I will not read, but this one isn't. There is a chapter from "A Mrs. Miracle Christmas" - wish I could find that one, it looks good.

Have a good night.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
    Ahorsesoul likes this.
  18. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

DSIL has left, the kids have dropped off their dog and have gone to a movie, will be home around 7pm.
    I have tidied the freezer and put all away from yesterday. The freezers are full so will be right for a while. Got to remember to now use the things up.
    DSIL was ok. It is tough to plan when we don’t know what is happening, we have now being told that the father only has a few more months. The house is a mess but we are running out of time to do anything so will have to wait now until he passes. He has many cars that need selling but we have nothing in writing that gives us permission to do so, just a mess.

I Need to do some folding and fill with petrol so that is the plan for the afternoon.

Ahorsesoul likes this.