Soggy Saturday

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by angelpugs, Apr 28, 2018.

1. angelpugs

angelpugs Member

Good morning everyone,hope most have a nice start to your weekend as we have had alot of rain actually suppose to have rain all weekend now everything is so soggy and lots of puddles.Going to throw a potluck dinner together for later as our church has it's annual spring Potluck Dinner and i need to finish working on a repurpose item i got so that's about it here,enjoy the weekend.

2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Morning! We are to have a nice week-end finally---no rain but they kept lowering the temps. Was to be mid 70s tom but now just 66 and today was to be 69 and now 61. Yesterday at lunch I ran and did some errands so could come home after work. Got home and we ate outside and Teigan and I picked up some stuff in the yard to put into trash and I pulled the old flowers out of 3 flower beds.

Have the tablecloth in washer but I just pulled it out and have to go clean the table now. Will do some stuff in here and then go outside after lunch if warmer.

I am going to do some water for the hummingbird feeders and get them out this week-end. They should be coming.

Teigan and I picked up the little bit that was in front room that she had out. Now to make a stack of stuff to take out and then stuff we burn with names.

Everybody have a GREAT day!

3. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good morning!

It was sunny here this morning, but turning cloudy and in the 50s. The chance of rain is small, but it looks like it could pour at any minute.

I am working on chores and such. Bills are done, laundry is washing and drying, next is the bed and getting ready to take M shopping. Swimming starts on Monday in PE and she needs a new suit. We've had no luck in our town finding anything modest, so we will head to the town where H goes to college. We will also shop for some bedding and such for her room redo for her birthday. The guys are doing road clean up this morning, and Miss Karla is sitting at the window waiting for them for the last hour. She knows they are out there, but she can't be. :(

The Tahoe isn't ready yet. :( We took the rental back yesterday and they tried to charge us a day....um....nope. My car isn't repaired yet, and it was in the shop the day before we picked up the rental, so I'm not paying for that.
    Hoping it's ready today....they are having trouble matching the red paints or something. Sigh.

I guess I should get myself ready and moving along.....

Lana....have a good day!
    Jane....retire as planned. You won't regret it!

~peace~

4. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Lisa- Are you having to pay for the rental yourself? The person who hit you should be paying for it through their insurance as part of the settlement. DD was in a fender bender and that was one thing she made sure happened. Her car is in repair shop now.
    Lana- We are cold here too. It was 39 when I checked earlier, now 44. We were going to open the Marina at work today but too cold. We will open later tomorrow 10:00 am instead of 6:30 am.
    Angelpugs- Potlucks are fun. It does drive me crazy though when people "plan" the potluck. The fun part is when not knowing what is coming, is too many deserts really that bad?:rolleyes:
    Jane- You are so active outside of school I think you will enjoy retirement, If you work at the bakery it will help with finances. DH and I are checking everything as he is retiring at the end of October. There will be expenses for supplemental insurance and for me to stay on his employer's insurance those are the unknown factors.
    Pam- Did you have the back treatment yet? I am so sorry you suffer so much. I get twinges in my back and the chiropractor is my first call. Helps every time. Mos of my issue is in the hips.
    Jessica- I agree, insurance companies are not doctors. I know that they are to keep costs down but they need to stay up to date as to what works and doesn't work. I would appeal. If there is something that will help why should a 15-year-old have to suffer for another 3 years. Sometimes a call to the manufacturer can get you samples.
    While the Marina is not open today I do have to work this afternoon. We have a special event this morning and I have to cover until all the vendors are cleaned up and gone. Probably only a couple of hours. I get to leave when they are done. It will give me time to make sure we are ready for tomorrow's opening.\

Have a blessed day,

5. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I'm up earlier than I usually am because I just couldn't sleep. Today starts range time in my Basic Riders Course and my nerves are getting me. My stomach is a mess from anxiety about it. I'm trying to talk myself down but i'm just nervous since i've dropped the training bike with DH twice now. I keep telling myself that i'm going to go out there and rock this like the bada$$ that I am, so just need to keep self-motivating and get it done! Easier said than done sometimes, but I think (hope) once i'm out there it will be fine. I'm super thankful that I was able to get one a bike beforehand and learn things and not go into this with no knowledge whatsoever, that does make me feel somewhat better, although now I have a tiny bit of fear because of dropping the bike. However, the instructor said a couple times on Thursday night that if you drop a bike don't worry about it, it happens frequently and there are a lot of new riders in the class that are learning from square 1. I just hope that I don't do it. I can't afford to land on my right arm because it most likely would break this time. Yikes! DH said to just let the bike fall and worry about keeping myself upright if it should happen. I don't intend on it happening at all.

Of course it rained overnight so the ground is wet. I just hope the parking lots dries some before we start. I'm having some coffee and will try to eat something before I head out in about 20 minutes. I want to be early. Wish me luck!!

Enjoy your day!

6. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Jess, good luck!

It is a cool wind out yet. Put tablecloths on line. Can't believe that the heat still kicks on at the end of April!!!! Chance tonight of frost.

Had a coworker retire yesterday. She was 56 in February. Her husband went out a year or 2 ago from the fire district. He made captain and went out alttle after that so his pension is more. They camp a lot and like to go so will nice for them.

I better keep moving along. Might start my desk in here. Shall see.

7. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Afternoon! Yesterday after work dh picked me up and we went to get some wood so he can enlarge the outside platform for the gazebo. He picked up kitty-kat on the way as ds & girlfriend had a party and came in during the night. we ate at A&W's.

Got up at 7:00, did yoga, visited Paris, dusted all 1st floor. Made some french onion soup for lunch. Went to the funeral parlor around 1:00 for the mother of one of our friends... so many people!! I don't think I've ever seen so many people at a funeral. DS & his girlfriend came with us as it is ds's friend's grandmother. After we stopped and picked up groceries. DS also did his grocery shopping.

Doing laundry and ironing. DH is changing ds's winter tires.

Later

8. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Afternoon, all.

Busy day for me. Got up at 8. Started the ham and beans. First, I drained the beans after soaking them all night. Made some pumpkin chocolate chip muffins. When N got here (15 minutes late!), I made corn muffins. The beans were really creamy and so good. Gave some stuff to N to take home. Then I took stuff over to MJ. She wants to go to her Dggd's birthday tomorrow so badly. I said to see how she feels in the morning, but not to push it. I hope she will listen to me. She likes to go a lot, but doesn't' have the strength. Bless her heart. But she is glad to be home. I spent about an hour with her and her DGS, and the dog.

Now I am home and hurting all over. Lol. I think I will just rest the remainder of the day.

9. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Good afternoon. Dsil just got home with dgkids from dgs's swimming lesson. While they were gone I fixed a pasta salad for dinner and it's in the fridge. I'll fix crescent rolls later, and dinner will be done. DH is watching a movie which I do not like. I told him I do not like the movie, so while I was in the kitchen he gave me a blow-by-blow description of everything going on. Grrr. Now I'm hiding in the bedroom with the door shut.

Yesterday I took him to a new-to-us Mexican restaurant for lunch. We're still looking for those favorite flavors. This wasn't it either. DH swears he put a tip for the server on the card, but it isn't showing up on our bank activity. I called the restaurant to see what's going on, and they said they bill the tip separately and it should show up in a day or two. I've never had that happen before. I told the girl if it doesn't show up I will be in on Monday to take care of it. He was an excellent server and it isn't fair that he not get his tip. I told her that one of the items we ordered and ate is not on the bill either - she said the server must have liked us. I don't want him to have to pay for our food or get in trouble...she kept saying to not worry about it. Sigh...what to do.

Lana - I miss our hummingbirds. We don't have any birds here, not even sparrows or the messy pigeons and doves, nothing except the hawks soaring high overhead.
    Jess - DD learned to ride about 2 years ago. She said the bikes they provided were not big enough, not powered well, and she had a hard time controlling them. She passed the course and bought a Harley, but it was a little too big for her - only her toes touched the ground. It fell over at work when she forgot to put it up on the stand - she wasn't about to go find some guy to pick it up for her. Fortunately she has strong thighs and figured it out. She tipped it again while parking alongside a curb, in the gutter - her friend had a good laugh watching dd pick it up. She recently bought a new Harley, and it fits her. She put on highway bars - everything here is freeway driving with lots of traffic. She always wears full leathers and boots, with a full helmet - she wants to live. You'll pass the course, and you'll be a good rider too.
    Pam - Your bean soup sounds yummy, and I can almost taste the pumpkin chocolate chip muffins.

I'm going to lie on the bed with my book, and hopefully take a little nap before dinner. Have a good evening!

MrsSoup likes this.
  10. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good evening been outside all day with my grandson tired now . going to shower and go to dinner fun day

11. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning Sunday here, a little cooler this morning. I had a little lie in but I am up now and ready to tackle the to do list.
    I will be working 4 days for the next little while to replace CW who quit, so I want to make sure that I have enough lunches and dinners to get through.
    Luckily the freezer is fairly full so I am sure that DH will figure it out. I do need to tidy the pantry and fridge and make a run to the shops for salads, bread and milk.
    I am so far behind with what I want to do here at home but I know that when boss puts on new CW I will have time to catch up. there is no need getting anxious about things that I cannot control.

I noticed in my profile that I have been a member here for 10 years!!!! I find that amazing. I would like to that you all for being my constant support over the lst 10 years, you girls are the best friends anyone could wish for.

12. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Evening friends!

My class today was good! I did well I think, at least the instructor said I did and gave me lots of positive praise during the riding portion, so that was helpful. We finished up the book afterward so I need to study tonight so i'm ready for the written test tomorrow afternoon, after we take the riding test after we do the last 8 exercises in the morning.

DH and I tried to go on a ride when I got home and we got about a mile outside of Haliewa in North Shore and the clutch broke, so we were stranded on the side of the road. Everyone he called was busy in some capacity and I have no friends to call really, so we waited. Finally someone was able to help but it still took forever. They had to come to our house first and pick up ratchet straps and wood, then come to us. The guy showed up with his kids in the truck (DH didn't specify that I was with him), the other guy was on his bike. So DH went with the bike in the truck and I rode with the guy on the bike (the same guy whose mother I helped out a while back). It was a very comfortable bike and a nice ride, so I still got my destressing ride in.

Now i'm having a glass of wine while DH is cooking dinner. I should be studying, so i'll get right on that after i'm done here. I could use good thoughts for tomorrow please! No crashes or bike drops and that I pass these tests. Tomorrow is going to be a lot harder with learning sharper turns and swerving.

Deb- Thank you for that story and the vote of confidence! I needed that! :)

Goodnight friends!

13. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Jess, you are going to do a good job! I just know it.

Didn't make it to church. I fell back to sleep, and didn't wake up in time. Oh, well. I am sure the Lord understands. I don't. I feel like I am being lazy. I have to remind myself that I am not 30 anymore! I hope to get some energy from somewhere sometime.

My pumpkin chocolate chip muffins recipe is: 1 box pumpkin bread mix, chocolate chips, and the ingredients to make the bread. I have small hands so I put in about 2-3 handsful of chips. Stir them in and put in cupcake liners. If you don't have liners, spray or grease your cupcake tin. I use a gravy ladle (not soup) to fill the cups. Bake according to directions. I think 350* and 25-30 minutes, depending on your oven. Serve with a tall glass of cold milk. You will think you have died and gone to heaven!

PamelaG, MrsSoup and GrammaDeb like this.