Solemn Saturday, February 15, 2020

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by missjane, Feb 15, 2020.

1. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Good morning, everyone in MHH World!

2. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hello, everyone.

It was 29 years ago today that DH's dad passed away, so it's always a reflection day. I remember flowers were impossible to get for arrangements and the casket spray because his funeral was just three days after Valentine's Day. There were a lot of potted plants instead of flower arrangements, and the casket spray had a pitiful amount of flowers in it because they were so scarce.

This will be the last weekend we'll be working on the new house. The appraisal should be ordered this week, but it may be next week before the appraiser actually comes. The owners will have to be there when he/she comes. It's mainly little things we're doing now, except the front door, which DH and DBIL will do Monday. All the trim is unpainted wood, so we're going to wipe it with Murphy's Oil soap. I touched up some places with Old English scratch cover. I want to clean the ceiling fan blades.

Hope you all have a great Saturday!

GrammaDeb and Ahorsesoul like this.
  3. girlsinmo

girlsinmo Well-Known Member

Good day all. It's 30 feels like 23 right now, well that's better than yesterday morning. It's supposed to get up in the 50's today. DH had to go out to do plant duty. He should be back soon.

Valentine's Day was alright we don't really do much for it. A few gifts and little bit of money were exchanged DD brought our supper. One thing that bothers me about Valentine's Day is its celebrated as a day to show love well duh shouldn't we do that every day?

Jane hugs as you remember your FIL. Hope your appraisal gets done this upcoming week.

Hope everyone has a good day.

4. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good morning!

It's sunny and bright today. Lots of glare from the snow everywhere....shows every imperfection. :( It's 25* with a feel of 14*. Should get to 39* today.

I started laundry last night. It continues this morning. Asked dh to change the water filter....washed a load and now my new sweater is covered in iron marks because he didn't change it... It is now changed :rolleyes:, so I guess I'll wash it again and hope that the marks come out of it. Sigh. Thank goodness all the whites weren't in that load!
    We truly need to invest in a water softener.

Today's agenda will be laundry, chores, and a wedding this afternoon/evening. I'm not sure how long we'll stay after dinner. I guess it depends on the crowd....lots of work people.

Oh, H did hear from John Deere. They are calling him on Monday with an offer. I'm excited for him.

Jane...sending lots of love and hugs your way.
    Tricia...sounds like a nice Valentine's day!

Blessings~

luludou, GrammaDeb and Ahorsesoul like this.
  5. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Morning!

About 25 here and should be about 37.

Allen went to Nashville to take a twin size bed to his aunt because her husband will come home Tuesday. He has been in hospital since either before or right after Thanksgiving and had part of a leg removed. So the bed from Jaymees room is out. He will stop to see Aunt Imogene and pick up a few groceries.

Last night I got off early and mom and I went to church and then I returned a few things. Stopped by Verizon and asked about Ryans phone (got a new one and a week later dropped in a bucket of water at work when he was talking to boss and a cow bump him) and they gave me a number. I called it about 9:44 pm last night and by 9 this a.m. UPS delivered a new one. $9.00.

I need to go do dishes.

I don't even think Allen and I told each other Happy Valentines Day. Teigan made us cards and hid chocolates for us and Ryan. As you can tell we don't do anything.

I had cards for Teig P and told her presents when she is back from Daddys.

Have a GREAT day!

6. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

We had a great time at Paint and Sip last night. We tried to go to Ruby Tuesdays for dinner beforehand but there was already a line at 5 p.m. We drove by Chilis, same thing. We ended up eating at Five Guys and it was delicious. We went to the place for the painting early and played pool and got free funnel cakes until it was time to paint. Our friends met us there and then ran into another couple we knew as well, the husband was in DH's Company when he was the 1SG.

I woke up with a very stuffy nose, lots of drainage and a headache. I had a headache all day yesterday as well. DH is only working this morning and is off the rest of the weekend so we were hoping to do the beach, the river, hiking, etc. I also have lots of homework to do. It was raining this morning so we'll see how the weekend plays out. Perry threw up on the rug this morning before I had even had my coffee and of course we're out of paper towels. I will never buy this jute type of rug again, they are impossible to clean. They will probably stay here when we leave the island. I scrubbed with Dawn dish soap but we'll see. I think I might take a migraine pill and get started on homework. I have to get to the store as well after I finish my list and make a meal plan.

Jane- Thinking of you and DH! Sounds like everything is moving along for the sale after all that hassle with the bank.
    Tricia- We should do it everyday, I guess it's a day people use to be more extravagant is how I look at it. We don't do much either.
    Lisa- Sorry about your sweater, I hope the marks come out. Yay for H! How exciting!
    Lana- That's awesome they delivered a new phone that quickly!

Enjoy your day!

Attached Files:

7. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

The painting is so cute done by a couple. Would be fun to do something like this with the family.

MrsSoup likes this.
  8. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Hi, Everybody!

I have a bad tooth on my upper right side. Man it hurts. It's my fault, because I have not been to the dentist for years! And I have gotten lazy with my oral hygiene! It hurts to even chew on that side. I will call my dentist to set up an appointment soon. I have partial insurance thru my Anthem Blue Cross/Shield. It is the 'what they won't pay' that I am concerned about. I rinsed my mouth with Hydro Peroxide this a.m.

Jane, I am feeling your pain today. Will be saying prayers for you and your DH.
    Jess, love your painting. You and Chad are a cute couple.
    Trisha, my ex and I never did much for Valentine's Day either. I did for the kids mostly.
    Lisa, so happy for H. My DSIL buys a lot from John Deere for the family farm. Sorry about your sweater. That would make me really mad! Hope it can be rewashed, and come out like new!
    Lana, I know that T will have fun with what you give her! You are wonderful grandparents!

The sun is out. Thank you, Lord. I should go to the CVS and pick up my prescriptions. I may or may not. I need to finish up some kitchen stuff and do some dusting and sweeping. My to do lists never get done any more. I was doing so well right before Christmas. Now, nothing. But I will try. I bought some new food storage containers last weekend. I do not need all of them, but just the larger ones. Hmmmm, wonder if Jay needs some? Guess I can ask him.

Have a wonderful day, Peeps. Stay safe and be blessed! TTYL

9. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Well, something got me...my throat hurts, my body is achy and my chest feels tired when I take a deep breath. That's the only way I know how to describe the chest thing. I took my migraine med and Aleve together and that knocked out my headache, but the rest hit like a mac truck all of a sudden this morning. I'm not saying it's the flu because I don't think I have a fever, not last I checked earlier this morning anyway. I took a short nap after doing some homework. I don't have time for this and am hoping it's short lived. I refuse to go to the ACC or ER so i'll just tough it out because honestly, aside from my throat, I don't feel that awful, just tired and run down.

I have my list mostly done for the store but haven't gotten much else done this morning. DH is on his way home from the college and i'm not sure what the rest of the day will hold. One way or the other food needs to get into this house because we have nothing so a trip to Sam's Club and possibly the Commissary is in order. It's cloudy so I don't really want to go to the beach.

Pam- Definitely take care of that tooth!

Ahorsesoul and GrammaDeb like this.
  10. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

Hello. Before I got out of bed this morning I tweaked my to-do list. Don't know what good that does, because I only do the things I want to do anyway. The rest always gets bumped to "tomorrow."

Dh wanted to go to Wal-Mart with me this morning, so while he showered I made a quick birthday card to get in today's mail. I picked up my meds at Wal-Mart, and we went to the grocery store for food for the week. Dh wanted lunch at Burger King - that's lunch out 3 days in a row. My feet hurt. If I wasn't so cheap, and if I didn't have to try on every pair in the store, I would buy new shoes.

Pam - I'm sorry about your tooth. Ouch!
    Jess - I hope you feel better soon.
    Waving hi to everyone.

Have a nice day.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  11. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning all. It is a steamy Sunday here, it rained on and off all night be now it is really humid. Have gone for a walk, took Harry the dog with me.
    Not sure what today will bring, I really don't have much on my list. I will boil eggs for lunch tomorrow and will go to the shops at some stage for bread and milk,
    Other than that just get ready for the new week ahead.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  12. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

One day blends into another here. When you do not go out to work there is not much to give you a clue as to what day of the week it might be. Glad it's in the title here.

The dogs had pulled out some strings on the Berber carpet around the family room. So while DD napped and Dh was out taking stepmom shopping I took a carpet needle working them back in. It looks ok. Didn't want to do too good a job since I think I'd like to do away with the carpet in the future. Then I vacuumed.

Dh said stepmom was in the tiny Natural Foods store for almost 2 hours. She picked up a lot of ready made food from the Deli. Good to know her appetite has returned. He spent 1 1/2 hours in Menards and Home Depot but still had to wait for her to finish. lol Better him than me. I use to have to wait for her when I was a kid. Not doing it as an adult.

Once he was home he changed out the shower and some of the sink faucet handles. They were old yellow plastic so not we have clear shiny ones. Amazon packages were on the porch. A 24 inch safety mirror for outside the front door. The way the house is made you can not see who is on the porch. So the mirror will go on the porch wall so we can now look out the kitchen window to see who is ringing our bell. Probably will get the neighbors to taking about their new weird neighbors. Also a package of cotton gloves for DD's friend who will be here to mop floors tomorrow.

I tried a new recipe for pork chops tonight. That recipe is now in the trash. Dh only ate half of his meat. lol Then I prepped Katrina's Raspberry White Chocolate French toast for tomorrow's dinner but Dh and I have already decided it should be for Brunch which by morning will be about 8:30am. Hopefully we can wait that late. It's really good. I also refilled my homemade vanilla bottles. Will need more vodka soon.

The dogs have retired for the night. DD is turning off her Kindle games and heading to watch TV. She finished the tea cup plastic canvas she was working on today. I'm going to watch some TV before going to sleep.

Night all MHHers

13. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Early afternoon here. I have finished another knitted coat hanger cover, still have 4 or so to go. Will be a nice Christmas gift for mum.
    Eggs are boiled and cooling, will add some ricotta and curry and it will make a nice lunch for the next few days at work. Will take some rye bread and lettuce.
    Not feeling like doing much so might just watch a movie and have a nap. Definitely a sleepy Sunday.

Ahorsesoul likes this.