Soothing Sunday, August 12, 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by missjane, Aug 12, 2018.

1. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Good morning, dear friends!

2. missjane

Hi, everyone.

I haven't posted in a couple of days, but have been reading....was just too tired by the time of night it was to do more than read.

I have a niece (my middle sister's oldest daughter) who has basically been estranged from us for 20 years who suddenly called my sister last week and wanted to come visit. She drove in Friday, and we have been busy spending time with her. We hadn't planned on spending a lot of time with her - didn't want to overwhelm her with too much "togetherness" - but she has totally immersed herself into all that's going on. She stayed at DS's house last night and might stay at mine tonight. Tomorrow, she'll be flying out to see her sister in San Antonio. She's 40 and has met someone. He's coming in today to meet all of us. We're all still treading very lightly.

We're going to church this morning. Then, to DS's for lunch. He cooked on the grill last night and had a lot left.

Pam, I hope everything checks out with the cardiologist. Maybe they can find out what's going on and help with your lack of energy.

Hope you all have a great day!

3. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Morning Jane and those coming!

I am tired!

Worked yesterday and then went out to the fairgrounds where they were having an auction and it was over but Allen had Teigan so thought I would go get her. They were eating so got me a cheeseburger and water and then Teigan and I got free kid cones at DQ, came home and got into the pool for an hour or so. Allen brought a baler (one to do small round bales) and was waiting for Ryan to come get it with his truck. Last night we went to the picnic at Radom for awhile and then to Mt. Vernon to eat at Wendys. I ran into Dollar Tree and they came in and at Wal-Mart Allen ran in. The last couple times at Wal-Mart Teigan has wanted to stay in the car. She napped like 10 minutes coming home after 9 so that was a power nap till about 11:30.

I will do some laundry later and straighten in the kitchen. Need to work in checkbooks.

Everybody have a GREAT day!

4. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Jane, that is good she is trying to reach out but I also would stay alert. Enjoy the time with all.

5. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning!
    Yesterday was to be an easy day... yeah right! ended up cleaning all day. DH cut up more of the bathroom floor so dust everywhere and cleaned outside too. supper was pizza and then evening outside by the fire at dh's cousins'.

So TODAY will be the easy day ;)
    Did some exercises outside this morning... it was so nice. dishwasher is going, did ironing.

Have a great day

6. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good morning to all. changed my sheets and straightened up a little. will go and get my grandson at 12 . anyone watch the show divorce with sarah j parker its a couple years old . its funny im on the 6 esp

7. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

DH and I went to Uncle Bo's last night in Haleiwa. They did a "Chef's Special" where you pay by the person instead of ordering off the menu and they just bring out a bunch of appetizers of the chef's choosing until you say stop. You can get repeats of like 4 of them if you want. You can also make requests but they don't have to honor them. They brought out dynamite shrimp, clams, calamari, pork belly things, salad, pork fried rice, potstickers, cheese bread with prime rib, spinach artichoke dip, pork nachos, some type of chicken, bread, etc. There wasn't even room on the table for all of it so we were putting stuff on the bench seat. It was a little crazy. I had two Mai Tais that were really good. It was definitely an experience. I want to go back and order off the menu.

DH and I went and picked up donuts this morning. He's going to work on the vehicles and bike this morning some. The kids are cleaning their rooms. Not sure what else we'll get into today. I'm going to study so I can take my pre-assessment tomorrow. I have my mentor call on Tuesday so want to be ready for her to open up my real assessment so I can be done with this class and move on to my next one!

Jane- Wow! What changed to make her come around? I guess that's good that she's there, hope she sticks around.
    Lana- How's the puppy getting on?
    Lucie- The evening by the fire sounds nice!
    HW2- I love fresh sheets!
    Pamela- Did Sophia get to use her book or anything on her proctored assessment? I'm assuming no but wanted to be sure. I plan to study and be ready for it without any aids but I was curious.

Enjoy your day!

8. angelpugs

angelpugs Active Member

Hello,had a busy day first it was church and we ladies of the guild are putting things together for our church picnic then it was off to the market to get a few things and after being a home for a bit i walked out and collected acorns for my fall decor pieces.Hope everyone has a nice evening.

9. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning.
    Well I am not sure where the weekend went but here we are once again at Monday.
    I had a great weekend.
    Yesterday DD and I went into the city and did a little bit of shopping. I picked up some drinking glasses for her that I will put away for Christmas. She told me that when her lease is up at the group house she wants to get something by herself. She does not have a lot in the way of homewares as all the kids she lives with combined their things so I will start looking at a few things for her. Mainly kitchen stuff as she seems pretty set up in the bedroom and bathroom.

It must have been the weekend for catching up with long lost family. Yesterday I got a Facebook message from DH brother saying he will be near our town today and can he pop in. I haven't seen him for over 20 years, DH saw him 2 years ago at their grandmother's funeral. He lives about a 16 hour drive from us but today he is doing a job in a town an hour from us and had time to visit. He has always been my favourite BIL and it was wonderful to see him.

DD and her BF stayed for pizza dinner before going home. It was a day filled with family old and new and I felt very blessed.

Anyway best get ready for work.
    Much love to you all.

10. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good Sunday Evening to you all!

I can't believe the weekend is just about over! We went to the family reunion yesterday. It was nice to see the cousins and their children. We got home after 7, so it was a long day. This morning was early mass, a run to the local grocery for a few sale items, then home for a bit before going to a Farm Bureau picnic. Just J and I attended. H worked and M didn't want to go. J told me this morning that we needed to take something to share....so I made Cucumber Bites. They looked impressive and tasted so good! They were a big hit with the crowd. Here's a link: https://pin.it/dq6lzogl32q3uq

We came home late this afternoon and were a bit wiped out from the heat. I tried to nap, but my family is noisy. :confused: Then I made Subs for dinner. I just did my planner for the week and added dates for dance competition season to my planner. It never ends.

I'm looking forward to a day at home tomorrow because the rest of the week will be busy. It's time to start getting the classroom ready, Miss M ready and H packed to return to campus. :eek: Where did summer go?

Jess...sounds like a fun restaurant.
    Katrina...how nice to see family!
    Jane...hope all continues to go well with your niece.
    Hi Lucie, Lana, HW2 and AngelPugs!

Have a blessed evening!

11. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Evening all MHHers

Dh wanted to start early this morning with the edging on the shed. So at 9 this morning we started and finished about 1pm. We worked slowly since it was very hot out. It looks pretty good. Hoping the plants do ok with being transplanted during the heat wave we are having this week. I put the soaker hose on them and into my heart garden. When we dug up plants it was dry as a bone two inches down. DD is going to turn on the sprinklers tonight and then again in the morning. DD helped and was in a good mood. Funny but we did get more done when she was napping but don't tell her. lol We will install the trellis next year.
    IMG_0834.jpg IMG_0835.jpg

I have started my laundry for this week. Towels washed while we were outside. They take the longest since I washed them on Sanitize mode. I think it lasts about 2 hours. Tomorrow I'll do two more loads of my clothes.

The rest of the week will be working on another of DD reports. Once that is done I need to put up trim on the sliding doors. I still haven't decided exactly what I want to do but guess it will depend on what trim I can find in hickory. DS was here the other day saying I should go ahead with matching it to the cabinets.

I have a raging headache from being out in the sun and heat for hours. Even with taking breaks and drinking cooling liquids. I am not a southern person at all so do not like the heat. Dh is just the opposite.

Dinner was pasta with shrimp and veggies. pasta_0832.jpg

Have a great start on the week.

12. missjane

She started dating a guy a little over a year ago who lives in Alabama. They are staying at my house tonight. None of us knew about him since we've had very minimal contact with her over the 20 years. He encouraged her to reconnect with her family. She talked to DS about all of it more than any of the others of us, I think. She told him that she wishes she had done it sooner. She just turned 40 in February and has worked in Las Vegas since she was about 22 or 23. She made good money, invested well, and is financially sound. So, it's been a long day. She's leaving tomorrow to go back to Vegas and it will will be a hard day...always the fear that this may overwhelm her and she estranges herself from us again. We may never know why she estranged herself to start with.

Friday, I told Bakery Lady she needs to find someone to take my place. We had two weddings and my back was hurting so bad by the time we finished that I could hardly stand up. I told her I just can't teach and then work up there. It's just too much. I'll help her in a bind if she needs me, but I can't do it on a regular basis.

Lana, you had a busy day yesterday. Hope you got to go to bed early tonight.
    Lisa, I feel the same way about summer. I haven't gotten nearly as much accomplished as I wanted to. I keep reminding myself that this is "possibly" the last year. Then, I will have all the time I want to do things.
    Diedra, I love the garden around the shed!
    Katrina, I'm glad you had an enjoyable weekend with family.
    Angelpugs, is it fall weather there, yet?
    Jess, that restaurant sounds great! Which did you like the most and least?
    HW2, what did you and DGS do today? I washed our sheets and put them back on the bed yesterday. I put them on the soak cycle before I washed them. They smelled so good!
    Lucie, hope you had your easy day today!

Night, everyone. Rest well.

13. MrsSoup

Jane- I'm glad you told the bakery lady that she needs to find someone else. I really liked the fried potstickers, those were probably my favorite. My least favorite was the clam that I tried. I had never had them before and I didn't doctor it up with anything. It was very chewy and had a definite taste to it. It was tolerable but I wouldn't choose to eat clams again. Although, I would probably try them again doctored up just to give them another chance.

Diedra- The shed looks fantastic!

DH and I went to Home Depot so I could get some bags of dirt and then we came home. We went back out on the bike this evening and got shave ice. Before that I ran out and picked up a zucchini start for $3 from a lady in the neighborhood. I'll get it planted tomorrow in my big planter box after I get it filled up with dirt. I repotted my two houseplants I bought a while back and tomorrow will pot the last little bit of aloe I have in a glass jar of water on the counter.

Our friends traded in their jeep today and got a used Tacoma, so we walked down there after dinner to look at it. I got some studying done today and have a couple terms to study some more. I think i'll attempt the pre-assessment tomorrow at some point.

Goodnight friends!

14. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Jane - good for you for choosing to stop the bakery. always time to find something else if you want to after you are retired. 2 jobs is quite alot.
    Diedra - lovely shed!
    I did get my relaxing day :) We orderd supper and ate outside with mil, sil and bil. I watched a few minutes of falling stars yesterday (saw 5).

15. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Diedra...lovely shed!
    Jane...so glad you are stepping back from the bakery. This is my 24th school year....12 to go!

16. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Jane, well done on the decision to move forward. Better times ahead for you.

17. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

I'll add my 2 cents...Jane, good for you for giving notice. Deidre, love the shed & garden.

18. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

No, I don't think she did. I seem to remember she had to move her computer so the proctor could see there weren't any books or cheat sheets in the surrounding area when she took the assessment.

MrsSoup likes this.
  19. MrsSoup

I didn't think so but was just curious. Thank you!

20. missjane

Thanks, everyone for the support to cut out time at the bakery. Coincidentally, my back is significantly better since I haven't been going in. My left butt cheek feels like someone gave me about a dozen shots in it, though from how tight the sciatic nerve was.

luludou likes this.