Spiced Pumpkin Bread

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Pumpkin Spice Bread

• 1 cup plus couple big spoon fulls of canned pumkin
  • 1/2tsp. ground cinnamon
  • ½ tsp ground nutmeg
  • ½ tsp ground cloves
  • ¾ c. water
  • 1&3/4 c. dark brown sugar
  • A little less than ½ cup vegetable oil
  • 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
  • 1&3/4 cup bleached all purpose flour
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • ¾ tsp. salt
Adjust oven rack to the middle position and heat oven to 350 degrees.

Heat pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves in a small saucepan over medium heat until steamy. Stirring continuously, cook 3 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl; whisk in ¾ cup water, then brown sugar, then oil, then eggs until smooth.

In a separate bowl, whisk together remaining dry ingredients, then fold into the pumpkin mixture until just combined. Scrape batter into 3 greased miniature loaf pans or 1- 9 inch pan. Bake until firm and golden brown; abut 50 minutes for miniature loaves and about 70 minutes for a large loaf.
Check large loaf after 50 minutes- that's about all mine took.

Let bread stand for a few minutes. Turn onto a wire rack and cool to room temperature. Slice and serve. Recipe doubles easily and freezes well.

** I added chopped walnuts to the batter before baking. **

Last edited:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I will have to try this recipe using gluten free flour. LC and I made two pumpkin breads the other day. One was a gluten free recipe from the company that makes the special flour I use. ICKY. Then I tried using pumpkin instead of the banana in my aunt's Banana Bread recipe. Hugely much better. But I still didn't especially like it, everyone else did. It might be I just do not like Pumpkin bread. lol