Stay at Home Saturday 21 March 2020

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ahorsesoul, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Hello all MHHers

2. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Sunny day here 18F/7C. It might warm up to above freezing. The sun helps.

For me not going out isn't so much of a problem since I stay with DD. I do not especially like to shop either. And with Amazon I can get just about anything I need within days. I think that really helps.

I would like to bake a pie today. Probably Apple with a touch of orange.

3. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hello, everyone.

I've been awake a long time and out of bed since about 5:30. I finished filling the dishwasher and started it, washed a few hand wash dishes, folded a basket of towels, and have bed linens going now. Blanket and sheets are in dryer, mattress cover in dryer, and still need to wash coverlet. I put away all the stash of groceries we've bought, which entailed straightening the pantry shelves. I don't think we're going to have to grocery shop for a while.

We're painting at the new house today. Right now, I just want a nap because I've been awake since about 3, but I would be worthless when I got up if I did that.

It's cold here today and dreary.

Diedra, the pie sounds good. I think a lot of people are ordering online.

Hope you all have a good day.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  4. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Good morning,

Checking in today since I got off work late and didn't stop by last night. Teleworking for me begins on Monday so I brought home a laptop and all the binders I need to do my work. It's like a ghost town at work - still no positive cases at the command but Washington is at 1376 positive cases and 74 deaths. I put up a video on Facebook of We Are the World because one line really struck me as so appropriate for these days we are living in - "There's a choice we making, we're saving our own lives" and added #stayhome.

Ahorsesoul and luludou like this.
  5. Myron's Mom

Myron's Mom Well-Known Member

Happy national quilting day everyone!
    Chilly day here, we had some very fine snow flurries here this morning.
    We are hanging in here, not much going on. Had lunch already and dinner is pulled from the freezer. We will walk down to the mail box later. I imagine it will be a pretty quick walk since it’s so cold.
    Will keep working on my tree skirt and the laundry today.
    Planning to have a fire tonight since it’s so cold and will watch the newest Rambo movie. Such a romantic evening lol.
    Have a blessed weekend everyone.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  6. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I still feel like crud. DH quarantined me last night to our bedroom so I laid in bed and watched TV. I had him bring me up soup. I woke up still feeling bad this morning, headache, congestion, little bit of coughing and little sore throat. I also noticed that I have a stitch in my side even though I haven't done anything. Every time I breath in I can feel it. Weird. Glad I cancelled my hair appointment. The lady on the phone when I called to cancel yesterday was a bit rude about it and had that tone like I was making it up that I wasn't feeling well, irritated me a little bit. I wish I could have talked my stylist instead. I don't want to walk around with roots by any means but since i'm not feeling good, i'm not going to walk into a salon and potentially infect a bunch of people not knowing what I have.

DH wants to go to the beach today, I will not be going even though I would love to sit in the sun. I'm going to finished my coffee and lay down again and think about taking my migraine meds. I need to get through some homework today if I can manage it.

Diedra- Send me some pie! Yum!
    Jane- Have fun painting today! Take a rest when you're done.
    Pamela- So true!
    Amelia- I wish I knew how to quilt. I tried long ago but never finished. I think I still have the top around here somewhere. Enjoy your romantic evening. :)

Enjoy your day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  7. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Afternoon!
    Dh is working today. MIL has been transferred to an elderly facility for 4 days, she called me this morning... weird she is calling here instead of her 2 daughters.. of course she probably wanted to talk to dh but he is working and his days are long and very busy, have not been able to speak to him this week as his sisters call as soon as he gets in from work. he will be going to deliver some clothes to mil after work today. She had a strong voice but she is a bit mixed up... I think they are giving her pills for her anxiety. after the 4 days she will be returned to the geriatric unit of the hospital until April 24... then we have to find another place as they can't keep her longer than that (a person on a waiting list is coming in).

Have vaccumed basement and main floor, chatted on FB with friends, called mom and dad they are both in isolation too. dad got his eye operated on at beginning of the month and now he sees clearly.. he had hurt his eye and a cataract had developed over it. Mom was mixed up too on the phone :(

Ok now I think I'll go try to make an Easter gnome. It's sunny outside but cold and windy. Might sit by the window in the sun and read a little this afternoon.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  8. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Afternoon, Everybody.

Well, I set my alarm on my old phone and got up a little past 8:30. Went to John's for coffee a little after 9. Had to use the facilities and get dressed. We watched some videos he has about diet. Came home a little past 10:30, because he had to go to work.

Another C-19 in Indiana. We have had 3 deaths, all people over 60.

I have lit a candle to bring a little extra light in the living room. Makes it special. It is a black cherry, and is getting a little too sweet smelling for me. I have had it burning for about an hour.

I think I just need to make a list of crafts that I want to do. Jay asked me last night if I was having Easter. I had it last year, so I do not know. I will probably do something, but if we are still under the social distancing, I do not know. It is April 12th, so not far away. Saw something on FB that Pelosi, aka the wicked witch from California, wants to with hold two months of SS. I don't think it will happen. That is all I have to live on. Why does Pelosi not give up her salary and millions of dollars she has made from the backs of the American working public? Sorry. No, I am not sorry. She makes me so mad I could spit! But I am too much of a lady!

Guess I will go take my meds, because my back is really hurting. Stupid weather. Hmmm, I wonder if Mother Nature is related to Nancy Pelosi, the witch of the west?

On that happy note, I bid you a good afternoon. Stay safe and be blessed! I know that the Lord will see us thru.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  9. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good afternoon!

It's sunny! It's only 40 today, which is a switch from 69* yesterday. We went into the low 30s overnight.

It's another day of social distancing....finished another book, finished bills, did some random laundry...bathrobes, sweatshirts, cardigans....made monkey bread for the family, swiffered the floors and ran the vac. Miss M was to have her confirmation retreat today, but as everything, it has been cancelled.

Feeling thankful that we are safe, healthy, and together today. H went to milk for the afternoon, and J is at the farm checking on his dad's needs.

I'm thinking we should paint since we will be home for at least another week or two. I can't decide on a color for the living/dining/kitchen area. I'm thinking SW agreeable gray or mega greige, but am on the fence with the dark wood cabinets and fireplace. We like the wood, so painting it isn't an option. Then I'm thinking agreeable gray in the bedroom. I'm hoping to get a closet organizer made, or bought, sometime soon. I need samples, then I can probably make a better decision.

Jessica....rest and take care! In PA, all salons have been closed already.
    Pam....I want to work on some crafts, too. I may start with cards for the nursing home residents.
    Lucie...prayers for your mil.
    Jane...you are a busy lady! Can't wait to see all the changes to the house! Please do share pics when/if you can!
    Hi Diedra, Pamela and Myron's Mom!

I'll check in later~
    peace and blessings~

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  10. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

Hello. We took the piggies & bunnies out to the grass again this morning. It was nice in the sun, a bit chilly in the shade. When the piggies were done we put them on my lap, and they went right to sleep piled on top of each other with little Ruby-piggy singing them to sleep. So sweet.

It's quiet around here - everyone is upstairs. Echo is playing Enya - nice, relaxing music. The cat is keeping me company, and I'm going to crochet. Oops I lied - dd & the kids are going outside to pick up the weeds they pulled the other day. I'm not getting sucked into that activity - I'm still going to crochet.

Enjoy the day's activities.

Ahorsesoul and teachermomof2 like this.
  11. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Afternoon!

I showered and then had a nice nap in bed. DH brought me up lunch. He has now taken off on the bike for a ride. The sun is shining today and it would be nice to be outside. Maybe I'll try to sit on the porch later. I've been watching Christmas movies on Hallmark.

I need to attempt to do some work, guess I'll do that now while I'm drinking some hot tea.

Later friends.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  12. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Crafted all afternoon for Easter. and sent a tutorial to dniece who also crafted (she is 12) so we chatted on FB about that. Chatted with one of my brothers and sent him videos of Xavier.
    gnome.jpg easter.jpg

MrsSoup and Ahorsesoul like this.
  13. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

I found this article had some good ideas about how to decide which color greige.
    https://www.heytherehome.com/choose-perfect-greige-paint/

14. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Finished all of the painting, except touching up the trim, at the new house. Tomorrow, we hope to get the flooring down in the laundry room, and the hot water heater back in.

DH put ribs in the oven earlier. I made potato salad and asparagus to go with it. Now, it's time for a bath. I need to put the sheets back on the bed.

Night, everyone! Take care.

MrsSoup and Ahorsesoul like this.
  15. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

All is well here. The car situation took care of itself. Dh called to tell them I did not want to go to the dealership because of the virus problem in their county. Sales guy said he understood. Next thing we know the top guy (forgot his position name) is calling to say he will have someone drive the car to us next week at no extra charge. They are across the state, 300 miles from us. So now Dh is happy and thinks I was very smart for forcing him to call them. lol New car arrives Tuesdays unless someone there or here gets sick.

I spent the day doing little tasks. Finished putting up blackout film on DD's bedroom windows. I did have to piece the last window pane. I knew I might have to do this when I ordered the film so it wasn't a big problem. DD is happy there is no light coming in her windows. Dh and I are happy that she can't look out the windows to see the workmen next door doing the roof. Win Win situation.

Brushed Eva. She is shedding like a mad women. Even with having gone to the groomers yesterday. I will say I didn't get as much as before she went. Her coat is very thick.

This evening I patched wallpaper seams in the main bathroom. It's funny that they picked wallpaper that looks like sponge painted walls. Would have been smarter to sponge paint a bathroom instead of wallpaper. I fixed two walls of seams. It looks better now.

Dh left here to pick stepmom up at 10am for her shopping trip at the Natural Food store 20 miles from us. He dropped her off and then went to Menards, Home Depot and Fleet Farm. Then back to the store to wait for her to get done shopping. Finally was home after 1pm.

Do something you really would like done for yourself. No need to wait for someone else to do it.

MrsSoup likes this.
  16. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Hello, Sunday here and I have not had much of a chance to sit down. Spoke to the kids place SIL about what is happening here.
    I have called off DrillDance training for now, I have set up a Facebook page and we will train via remote.
    I have made pasta salad for tomorrow and Tuesday lunch. We have made a bit of a menu plan for the week so that we greatly minimise waste.
    I am off to work tomorrow and will continue to until I am told not too. Will go and have a shower and get ready for the week.