Stocking suggestions for a 2-month-old?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Hi everyone,

I've been going through the lists of stocking stuffers, but I haven't come across ideas for babies....really little ones. Maybe I've missed it.

We try to keep everything even - same number of gifts per kid, and roughly the same monetary value per kid. This year we'll have a 2-month-old at Christmas. I want DD3 and DD5 to see that Santa filled her stocking just the same, but I'm short on ideas. I can't give her snacks, chocolates, or candy.....and she'll be too young even for many toys. I have one rattle I bought as a gift I'm thinking I might put in there to take up a lot of space....and the only other thing I have is socks.

Any ideas?

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
Baby wrap, small teddy, bib, cute hat, photo of bub and girls in a frame, money box, dummy (pacifier- ff you use them)

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Burb cloths for the sisters to use with baby.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Baby washcloths, teething gel, teething ring/toy, music CD, small baby toys (like ones that fasten to a swing or car seat) or small ones she can have as she gets older, baby wash, lotion, shampoo, diaper rash ointment, head bands, baby toothbrush, bath toys, rubber duck water temperature tester, piggy bank, booty shoes, mittens.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
We used to put baby food jars or the baby oatmeal, baby spoon and dish, teethers, socks, anything that a baby needs on a regular basis into the stocking.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Christmas Ornaments, baby books, sippy cups, bowls, rattles, teething toys/rings, small baby toys.

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Thanks for all the ideas!

Also realized I have to knit a new stocking before Christmas, and the ones I make require stitching the name right at the beginning....we don't have a name yet.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Well, there you go ... Get a temporary stocking for her and fill it with the yarn for her permanent stocking. :)

Or you could knit as far as the name ... or as far as you can get ... and hang it over the temporary stocking with the needles and yarn attached. That would be cute.

Actually, depending on your stress level, you could probably easily get it finished in time.

What a joy!

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
First Christmas Ornament. DS got a First Christmas stocking. Its small so now we put it out every year and "Santa" fills it with chocolates and treats.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Great ideas from all!

Another one I can think of is a "bath book". They are made of plastic so they can get wet and have simple short stories. Obviously she is really little still but it might be a good option?

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
Baby massage oil. I used lavender with DS- rubbed a few drops mixed with a light carrier oil into him at night after a bath. Someone told me that it relaxes them and promotes sleep. It worked for DS as he was a great sleeper.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Great ideas,
I would go for things that will be useful for you. Baby wipes, wash cloths etc.
Closer to Christmas there will be a lot of babies first things.
I also think a photo of the 3 children in their Christmas clothes will be a nice keepsake.

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Thanks for all these ideas!

AuntJamelle - The bath book is a great idea. I actually saw some at the local store too. Yes, she'll still be little, but storytime starts very young at our house. Actually, where I live, they visit you in hospital the day your baby is born with a tote bag for the library and 3-4 board books. They ask that you start reading to your baby before you even leave the hospital. It is part of a provincial initiative to wipe out illiteracy.

Dahlia Doll - I could leave the needles attached. I've also debated knitting from the name down on a waste yarn and then grafting the name on top when I get a chance.

p.a.

Premiere Member
Oct 31, 2007
FS,,, I know what your going thru....my dd is due either at Christmas or the new year...( haven't got an actual date yet) .. So I'm going to be prepared just in case Baby#3 makes an early appearance! Nana always does stockings for everyone. If I don't need it then I'll keep them for next year.

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
p.a. - So exciting to have a little one on the way. I'm kind of the same way about Halloween, I'm due before then, but I've always gone late before, so part of me wants to get a tiny little costume or Halloween jammies, just in case.
I still haven't started knitting a stocking for this one.

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
One thing I haven't seen mentioned is anything for the hair. A comb and brush set, some dainty little bows (attach with a dab of toothpaste). A taggie toy that is easily sewn. Make your own washcloths with a regular washcloth and flannel. Just things I thought of. One time I made some cloth stuffed rings the would intersect. The nice thing about them is they are washable!

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
That is so cute! I have a little fabric left from the blanket I made for her, so I could switch out the rustic fabric to make it match her actual baby blanket :)