Suddenly the Middle of September 15, 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by missjane, Sep 15, 2018.

1. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Good morning, Friends!

2. missjane

Everyone must be sleeping in or up and away doing all those things that get done on Saturdays. DH and I slept in for us...7:00. Usually up around 5:30, but it was nearly midnight before getting home from the football game. There was a 30 minute lightening delay at the end of the first quarter, and it was their homecoming, so a longer half time, plus a ton of penalties called which always makes a game go longer. :rolleyes: We won, though. 3-0 now, but the next two weeks are tough games. Next week's team, a big powerhouse team, already has two players signed with LSU. At games like that, I just pray no one gets hurt by players that are bigger and stronger than we are.

First load of laundry is in the washer. Sheets from our bed need to be washed, too. Then, some things that were hanging in DD21's bedroom closet that just need to be washed to go to consignment. I'll try to drop those off today. If not, then Tuesday.

DD21 called and her air conditioner blows hot when idling, so a trip over there to swap cars with her, and DH's BIL is in the hospital with his heart, so stopping by there on the way to DD's. DH has to mow 3 or 4 yards first. We'll probably wait and go late afternoon. Always something...

It's so hot here that some of my little plants I planted Thursday were dead by yesterday afternoon. :mad: 96° yesterday! I'm not going to replace them, though...would have to buy a 6 pack and don't want 6 more of them.

Hope you all have a great day!

3. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

Good morning!! I didn't mean to disappear for a week. I got walloped with three illnesses at once (a stomach virus and two "lady issues"). It is time for a hysterectomy. Wednesday was the first day I felt strong enough to be part of the living. I am back cooking and cleaning again but so very slowly.

I am a week behind on my holiday plan cleaning and organizing. I am hoping I can catch up.

Not much else to report. Still staying close to the bathroom and pain meds.

Hope everyone has a great Saturday.

4. missjane

Carrie, go for the hysterectomy as soon as the doctor says you can. I had one 19 years ago didn't realize how bad it was making me feel until after I had it and felt like a new person. You won't regret it.

5. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

Miss Jane, Oh, I will!!! Got some insurance issues to work out first.

My mother in law told me the same time.

I would love my life back. Especially after this week. :(

6. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning!

Carrie, I affectionately call my hysterectomy my roto rooter job, and it was one of the happiest days of my life. I had begged for one for three years before I finally had one. So incredibly grateful!

I have to bake brownies for a church soup lunch tomorrow! I throw in some chocolate chips to make them even better. Debating on whether or not to frost them. There is no such thing as too much chocolate, right?

Other than that, I don't have much else on my agenda. My car only cost $112, so that was a good thing. But, the rear rails are rusting and there is no fix for that. It was the only place on the underside of my car that showed rust. I cannot afford to buy a newer car and cannot afford to be without one. Makes me sad and worrisome, too. But the Lord is in control, and He knows my need.

Guess I should go get those brownies made. And I get to lick the bowl! Lol. Have a great day!

7. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

We have rain again. DH is off to work at the motorcycle course. Did I mention yesterday that his Change of Responsibility has now been combined with the Change of Command? This means that instead of his own ceremony, it will now be a combined ceremony with the Commander that is coming in as well. It's usually how we've seen it done in other units and I had questioned why there were two ceremonies but I had already planned for him to have his own and was looking forward to hearing his speech and all of that. I guess i'm a little disappointed because I don't know that he'll get to speak now. Of course, he could care less. It will be cheaper for us because we don't have to provide all of the food. I'm still going to get a cake for sure. The Commander is talking about doing hotdogs and grilling them so we'll either go in with him on that or do something in addition to that.

I think i'll take DD to Petsmart this morning. 2 of the 3 snails I got have disappeared. Their shells are empty. I'm wondering if Blue the Betta ate them. :eek: The lady at the store told me that he would leave them alone, but if he didn't eat them then where did they go? I read online that they don't leave their shells. Hmm. So, I have questions. I might ask for some of the sucker fish since we're down to 1 snail now and I want to keep the tank clean. I may purchase some items for Blue as well to keep him occupied. We may check Walmart first for those. This evening I think DH and I are going to see a movie, One Simple Favor. Maybe dinner first. I might do some cleaning today.

Jane- I had to laugh when I read your post. It's only 6:30 a.m. here. hehe I was up around 4 tossing and turning and trying to go back to sleep to no avail. Just didn't sleep well last night. Sorry about your plants. My zucchini and cucumber plant died too. :(
    Carrie- I'm glad you are feeling better and hope the healing continues! My hysterectomy was one of the best things ever!
    Pam- My DD, as much as she loves chocolate, does not like frosted brownies. Can you believe it? Glad the car didn't cost an arm and a leg!

Enjoy your day!

8. missjane

Hi, everyone. Stopping to eat a bite of lunch.

I had planned to clean out above the refrigerator today and the china cabinet, but I was putting clean sheets on the guest bed and couldn't find the pillow cases. Sometimes, my mom comes and does laundry when I'm at work and she's not working, but, bless her heart, things can be hard to find after she does it. Such has been the case with my pillow cases lately. Admittedly, I'm OCD about how my beds are made and everything coordinating. Probably, because growing up, she put just whatever together on the beds...no matching pillow cases...would use mismatched sheets sometimes. lol! I fold my sheets and put them together in a pillow case and have tried to explain that to her, but...that doesn't always happen. haha! Well, that set off a whole linen cleaning spree during which one rod in my closet feel down along with all the clothes falling in the floor! GEESH! REALLY???!!!:mad::confused::eek::oops:o_O:rolleyes: I don't have a real linen closet. Sheets, blankets, etc. are stored in the closet with clothes. So, I had to stop and fix all that back.

Then, DH was mowing and the mower flung a stick, hit the bedroom window, and busted a window pane. He's gone to the hardware store before they close to get a replacement.

Last load of laundry is going into the dryer.

So, that's been my day...plus a phone call with Mama and DS thrown in the mix.

Pam, is the rust from driving on salted roads in the winter?
    Jess, that's strange about the snails!!

Later, everyone.

9. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon to all . busy day at work . came home and decorated my bathroom for halloween my grandson is so happy he loves it. will wait to do the rest of the house. thats done for fall. hope everyone is safe from the storm. enjoy your day

10. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Good Afternoon

We got up about 7:30 (really late for us seems we do that here and there anymore) and was going to see Aunt Im and then Teig and I decided to head to Mt. Vernon, Allen Nashville and Jaymees friend Jessica call and asked her to go shopping after we all got plans made.

Jaymee and Teigan at a birthday party now. Teigan was so excited---first kid party for her. Allen is baling. I am getting ready to meet a lady for a shirt and then want to clean.

Gotta run.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
  11. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning to you all.
    The engagement party last bight was lovely, all of my DrillDance team from last season was there and it was great to catch up. Miss those girls. We will organise a dinner for just before Christmas if we can.
    Not much planned today but I have a lot to do. I have throw rugs in the washer that need to be hung on the line. I need to do the body maintenance, shave legs etc and get ready for the new work week. A few more weeks and I will have a break so looking forward to that.

That is it for now, see what the day brings.
    Much love,
    Katrina

12. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Evening!

DD and I went to Petsmart, after Walmart. Walmart didn't have much but we did buy a plastic skull that Blue can swim in and out of and hide in. Anyway, we stood around at Petsmart for quite a while waiting for a guy to finish talking. Finally someone else came and helped us. I told her about the snails and she said that the other lady should not have given us the snails because they are illegal! They are not even supposed to have them in their tanks because they are an invasive species and they have to treat their tanks to get rid of them. Oops! She said that they do leave their shells and either Blue ate them or they burrowed into the rocks to breed. Guess we'll see. We bought a floating log for Blue and two algae eater fish. One ended up being dead so we had to take him back and get a new one after we got home. Talk about an ordeal this morning. I haven't been up to check on them since. I probably should go do that.

DH got home and we headed out to a movie. We saw A Simple Favor and it was pretty good. DD is outside and I think Eli is back outside as well. DS mowed the yard and just took a shower. I think DH is cleaning our bathroom after he emptied the water we had outside in totes for the past two storms in case we lost water and the water that we had stored in the bathroom downstairs. No plans for tonight here that I know of.

13. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Pam, When I have needs, I get rather excited waiting to see just how he will provide. It is always in time and just what we need. Praying for your needs.

14. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

I just returned from the second lag of my 3 trips this month. We were able to surprise dgd 5 just before her birthday party last Saturday. Drove home Wednesday, and left Thursday for St. Paul to help DD (29) with wedding stuff. We got everything done but her wedding bouquet which she making,(Origami flowers) from color paper and book pages. She wanted to do it herself and finds it something relaxing to do afterwork. It was fun. Our hardest job was finding shoes. Neither on of us like shoe shopping. We were getting discouraged and both DDil and I said a quick prayer as we walked out of DSW there was a shoe store on the opposite side that had exactly what she wanted :) God answers. Monday morning I will drive to MI to spend time with mom (we will be quilting) and attend DNeice's wedding. I will return home and get back to the HHP plan and work at getting ready for Christmas While waiting for DH's retirement day (October 31,1018)

15. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

The afternoon is slipping by here. I have managed to get a lot done today, vacuumed, tidied my vanity, dyed eyebrows etc. Might go and lie down for a little nap. I love Sundays like this.