Summer Saturday 8.12.17

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by teachermomof2, Aug 12, 2017.

1. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good morning!

2. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

It's 68* and partly sunny here this morning. It's to climb to 78*. Storms are to move in this afternoon. ( I can't believe that Karla is in the den with me, when John is in the living room. Amazing!) Today is J's family reunion. It's the 60th year. So that's the plan for today. It will be nice to see the cousins today.

I didn't sleep too well. Lots of dreams last night...kept waking up. Then thoughts of school and college take over too. SMH

Hope you all have a great day!
    ~peace and blessings~

3. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Morning all MHHers

All is well in Wisconsin. DD did have a rather hard day yesterday after we had been to the library but recovered by evening but not before losing computer privileges. She is up taking a shower.

Dh is up since he has a golf tournament this weekend. For someone 72 he is still doing well at the golf course. He did say with his tuesday night league are now in last place. At one time they were tied for first. His team does go down the more they play. lol

We are having beautiful weather with highs in the 70s. My flowers are doing well. The day lilies are just about done but the hibiscus are just starting to bloom. The pink ones are in full bloom with 20 or so large blooms and the new plant just started blooming with deep red. Next the one by the front porch will bloom. Dh wants more of them with the extra large flowers.

Enjoy your weekend.

4. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Active Member

Morning!

Add me to the not sleeping well club. Every morning this week, I wake up between 3-4 a.m. I don't get up, and after a couple of hours, I go back to sleep. Still have a wee cough, but it doesn't usually wake me up. I think I am just feeling overwhelmed by stuff. Moving is the biggie. I dread it. Going up and down stairs and carrying things....scares me. But I will trust in the Lord, and He will direct my steps. I am dreading it, tho. I must go to the grocery today, even if I don't buy much. I always dread that because of lugging stuff up and down stairs. Just about a month and I won't have to anymore! I have TONS of laundry to do this week. Being sick for 3 weeks hasn't helped me any, either. And a few other things that I won't go into have my stress limit stretched to the breaking point.

Enough of my whining. Things will work out. They always do. But I do covet your prayers, if you think of me. Guess I should get in the shower and get this party started. Stay safe and enjoy your day!

5. Doodlebug

Doodlebug Active Member

Good Morning all. I started a post yesterday and hit something and lost it. I hate that. Then I had to go pick up 4 grandkids from school. They all spent the night. It is raining here. Light slow rain. Love it. This last week was so busy. I worked late every night then came home and dropped. But my classroom is ready and have students Wed. & Thurs. We don't have school on Friday but we had to get in another Professional Day. Someone asked last week what I teach. I teach Reading and English and one hour of Home-Ec for the 8th grade. That one pushes me as we have no guidelines or curriculum.

Lisa, enjoy the family reunion. Love getting together with family. Hope you sleep better tonight.

Pam, glad to hear you are starting to feel better. I bet if all of us got on that ole bus and headed your way we could get you moved and set up in no time at all. That would be fun.

Hello to all that come. Hope you have a great day.

6. Doodlebug

Doodlebug Active Member

Deidre, your flowers are beautiful.. Enjoy. Hope Vanessa has a wonderful day.

7. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

We are going on a hike this morning. I don't think it's too strenuous, I hope not anyway because I still don't have real shoes, just my Go Walks which have no traction whatsoever. This evening is a parent band meeting for DD. They are going to have a Mexican food truck there, not sure if we'll eat there or not. Some of the proceeds go towards the band. Not sure what the rest of the day holds, maybe the pool. I'm sure we'll hit the beach tomorrow.

Enjoy your day!

8. AnnieClaus

AnnieClaus Active Member

Hello my friends. Happy Saturday!
    I get a blessed day at home!!!
    Yay! It was a short week for me at work as I attended the Global Leadership Summit Thursday and Friday.
    I went last year as well. It is very inspiring and great for anyone in a leadership role- which we all are in some capacity.
    I found it interesting and inspiring that the college I long to work at hosted several tables for their employees to attend. It is an almost $200.00 ticket so that says a lot that they would purchase 3 tables worth of tickets.
    Another sign that is the place I belong.
    The job I put in for a couple of weeks ago, I received an email stating that they decided not to hire for that position. But, the same day another position opened so I am putting in for that (it closes this coming Weds).
    Pam- I'm glad you are feeling better. Wish I was close and I would help you move. Will you have help to move??
    Nothing much else going on for me. Even though I was grateful to have a short week at work last week, I dread what is awaiting for me. Almost felt guilt about only working 3 days. Almost. Ha ha.
    Love and prayers to all my friends in MHH land!

Annie

9. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon to all. been busy today had errands to run . went and visited a friend we were outside. im going to take a shower bc it was so muggy outside. i want cool weather so can enjoy being outside

10. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

my santa claus shower curtain just came ,gotta love amazon prime

11. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Good afternoon.

It was a year ago yesterday that I lost my mother. It feels like it has been forever, and at the same time it feels like just last week.

DH and I went to the house (3-4 hours each way, depending on stops) to pick up mail and meds that were delivered before the address change went into effect. The lawn guy has obviously not mown the lawn for the past month, and he got an earful on the phone. The excuse is that it rained. Really? Everyone else's lawn is beautiful and ours is knee high with weeds higher than my waist? And I found out the realtor has not shown the house at all. I am not impressed, just very angry. I told my sister we have to lower the selling price. I need the house GONE.

We spent the night in a nice motel and had a lovely drive home yesterday. Met a couple from Melbourne Australia who are part of a motorcycle club - they were here for a big biker rally in South Dakota. As soon as I parked the car - as soon as the garage door closed - the heavens opened and it poured rain! I had no idea it was coming - there were blue skies with a few fluffy clouds. The downpour lasted off and on for a couple hours. I'm so glad I wasn't driving.

Oh Pam, I feel your moving pain. I don't want to ever ever EVER move again!

Have a nice evening everyone!

12. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Happy Sunday morning from sunny Australia.
    A few things on the list today. Just general housework and preparation for the new work week.
    I did a lot yesterday so not too much today.
    One of my teammates had a knee surgery this week so I am on dinner duty for her family tonight, will make a big pot of veggie soup to take up later. She has a husband and 4 kids so I hope that they like soup!
    DD wants to the the dogs for a walk so that will be happening at some stage too.
    The rest of the day will be spent just pottering.....

13. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

The hike this morning was a good gradual climb with lots of switchbacks, some steep spots, but it was hard. Lots of rocks to climb over and step on and not sturdy ground, lots of loose rock too. My knee was not ready for something that tough. DS had a hard time too so we brought up the rear. LOL Eli was struggling and the boys and I made it about 3/4's of the way and they wanted to stop. I decided it was probably in my best interest to stop as well because I still had to get back down. So DD and DH went on to the top and we waited. I finally got tired of waiting and we started climbing again. We only went up one, maybe two, switchbacks before we ran into them coming back down. We all made it down unscathed but worn slick. We went into Haliewa Town for shave ice and then came home. DH is now napping on the couch and I need to go get into the shower. DS is upstairs in his room and the other two just went outside.

I may need a nap before the band meeting. The kids are now fighting, so everyone may take a darn nap.

Annie- Glad you got to check in! Hope the other job they posted pans out.

14. sweetpumkinpye

Jess, saw the pictures on FB. The colour of the water in Hawaii is amazing. Looks like you had a great day.

15. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Evening! Vaccumed all 1st floor, visited paris, did some laundry, rested a little in the afternoon outside on the patio with a book and a nap. supper & dishes are done. Ds & girlfriend are in the basement... he is not feeling well as he had a supper with drinks last night.

Guess what? his girlfriend says he told her that here there is Christmas EVERYWHERE during the season... so she told me she wants to spend December here instead of her appartment! hahaha.... she says last year she put up her tree on Nov. 2... that she could since Halloween was done :)

hot-dog party was pushed to another date again as they said thunderstorms and we didn't have any this afternoon . will try to go see if I can see some shooting stars tonight or if there are too many clouds.

Let's fire the MHH bus and go help Pam move!

16. sweetpumkinpye

Firing up the bus Lucie....

Have made minestrone soup for my teammate so will take that up to her and then pop into the shops for bread, milk etc. Sat outside in the sun and painted toe nails.
    Then just a relaxing afternoon here, might help DS do his folding.

17. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Evening, everyone. I surely thought I would be back on here before now, but such is life.

I took DH to his eye appointment yesterday and then, went to the school. I was there until about 5:00. I tried to go to Walmart after I left the school, but it was raining something fierce. I sat in the parking lot for 15 minutes waiting for it to let up. Since it never did, I gave up and came home. Just as I got to the front door of the house, the bottom dropped out here.

This morning, I headed to Monroe - Sam's, Home Depot, and Hobby Lobby. We went by Eye Masters to get DH some glasses (first time to need them), but there were some problems with the insurance and I'll have to call them Monday, which means another trip to Monroe after it's all straightened out. I bought three flower pots to pot some cuttings I rooted and bought some fall decorations at Hobby Lobby...just couldn't resist! I'll still need to make a Walmart run some time next week, but I'll just rearrange my menu plan until I can go. I got some of the things at Sam's today that were on my list.

DGS texted me while I was in Monroe and wanted me to cook for them tonight. They were on their way home from the beach. So, DS and his family came for supper. My stomach hasn't been just right today, so I didn't eat much. Still doesn't feel too spiffy. I napped briefly when we got home and all the laundry is done, but I haven't accomplished too much else. I'm hoping to feel well enough to go to church tomorrow. It feels like it's been forever since we've been.

I still need to read my Sunday school lesson. After that, I'm off to bed. Hope to see you all tomorrow.

18. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

I am finally done with another report for DD. several days ago I started looking for my envelope that held all the previous years reports. It has all my notes on how to do it. I have been in the under the hose storage area many times searching boxes in case I accidentally packed it up. This kills my back since you have to bend over to walk around in there. Then unknown number of trips up and down the stairs to search my downstairs bedroom and my office place upstairs over the last few days. I looked in the files, in boxes, in the old packed up boxes, under and behind furniture, in my dresser drawers, sorted 2 large file drawers and 2 smaller ones. Did a lot of organizing looking for it. The file drawers look really nice now. Still couldn't find it.

Dh comes home from his golf tournament this afternoon (in which he set a new record...for highest score...not good for golf or his ego) sits down at his computer desk saying you know you have a lot of files in this drawer here. Nope never opened his drawer on the right side of his desk. Looked in the other side. So then I did the report. Took about 15 minutes including making copies and stamping the envelope.

Yep put those files right where I would remember where they were last year. I'm making a note where those pesky files are for next year for sure.

Good night dear friends.

19. sweetpumkinpye

Back from my teammates house. I hope that she likes the soup, she did not seem too impressed. Whether they eat it or not I won't ever know so I don't mind.
    Popped into the shops got bread, milk, mandarins, strawberries and salad for lunches for the next few days. Lunches are prepped so I am ahead for the week. Would like to have a warm bath and get ready for the night. Although it is sunny it will cool down very quickly.
    I hope that you all have a restful evening.