Sunday...4/5/2020

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by frostythesnowman, Apr 5, 2020.

1. frostythesnowman

frostythesnowman Active Member

Good morning/afternoon peeps...Hope everyone is all well today...Its a bright and sunny day here today and a bit of warmth in the sun...Been outside most of the morning setting up the gals trampoline...Good to see them having fun outside again...Been in the greenhouse sorting my tomato plant seedlings for the season...Going to take the gals for another long walk along the bay after lunch....Enjoy your day ahead folks:)

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
    Ahorsesoul and girlsinmo like this.
  2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Morning to All!

Frosty, nice to get outside isn't it?

Yesterday a.m. my friend was the officer so it was GREAT to catch up with her. Her daughter is a nurse at a nursing home and they have a case.

I brought McDonalds home for Allen and I. Then mom called and we went to the house. She is still moving stuff. She gave me a quilt rack, a small old table that was my great grandparents, a lamp that was at the farm (great grandparents). There is a old cabinet that was there and table and she said my older sister Kim and I can decide who wants what. The cabinet is cool looking but Kim wants it I think so I am fine with the wooden table. I have the china cabinet from the farm and Kim had the buffet and dining room table but she gave those 2 pieces to me years ago so I have that set for the late 1920s and I have my grandparents dining room table. Few other things mom said we could have. She is leaving a BIG house and hard for her to part with alot of stuff. Farm house was tore down in 2000 and this stuff has just been sitting in garage. My dad died in 2005. Its from the Schubach side. (my side)

Mom gave Teigan a Mr. and Mrs. Rabbit (36" high) and also a pair of Mr. and Mrs. Santas and Snowman. I put the rabbits in my front window. I need to get my wreath (Egg one) put up today and Easter banner,

Better go eat!

Everybody have a GREAT day.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  3. Minta

Minta Administrator Staff Member

Morning ... a local radio station has been playing Christmas music all weekend so I have been enjoying that. Tried a new cookie recipe yesterday, it was a hit with the everyone.

Going to get the yard work done today and plant veggies seed in my starter kit.

Got a pork roast slowly roasting away in the oven. With the kids home my grocery budget has increased so I am trying to make the most of the meals and plan leftovers accordingly. Spending more time cooking and baking for sure

Have a great day and stay safe!

4. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

I have the banner up along with the wreath. I need a big Easter Basket for the window between the bunnies I think.

Going to make hamburger helper for dinner and turkey roast for supper.

Will do a bunny cake. The 2 round with one of the rounds used for bowtie and ears.

The KC Hall is having a drive thru Easter egg hunt today 11-1. So Teigan will go to that.

girlsinmo and teachermomof2 like this.
  5. Myron's Mom

Myron's Mom Well-Known Member

Hello everyone!
    Busy day already here. Dishes and laundry going, workout done and I made buttermilk biscuits and sausage gravy for breakfast. I still need to strip the beds and flip the mattresses but will wait on husband to help with that.

Minta, pork roast sounds good. I haven’t figured out dinner. We went way, way over budget in March for groceries since I don’t plan on shopping in April. I think the prices are up and sales/ deals are few and far between.

Frosty, a walk along the bay sounds wonderful even if it’s bitter cold and snowy.

Lans, sounds like you have some real family treasures. So hard when parents have to downsize.

Have a blessed day everyone.

6. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I was up early, as usual. Seems my new internal clock is 4:42 a.m. when my eyes pop open. :rolleyes: I was doing good for a bit and sleeping until 5:30 or so. Don't know what happened. Not sure about my migraine yet today. I felt nothing when I woke up but then I turned my head to the left in bed and it hit me. However, since i've been up it's been very mild but blowing up balloons for Eli's birthday didn't help. It's just kind of lingering in the background though, which is where I hope it stays.

Today is Eli's 11th birthday. I came downstairs and started blowing up balloons, hung a fun garland and a Happy Birthday banner. I put balloons on the stairs and a couple on the end of the table and one on the end of the banner in the stairwell. I was going to crepe paper him into his room but we don't have any. I still need to wrap presents but I needed a break to drink my coffee. I ripped some skin off my finger with my fingernail tying the balloons. This afternoon I have a few friends that are going to drive by and honk and wave for a kind of birthday parade. We'll pick up his favorite lunch and dinner (Subway and McDonalds). He wants chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast. He'll have a good day.

Frosty- A trampoline sounds like great fun! I'm sure they thoroughly enjoyed that!
    Lana- I bet it's hard to downside. How does a drive-thru Easter Egg Hunt work?
    Minta- How fun!! I would love that, my DH not so much. What kind of cookie?
    Amelia- We went way over in March too because we weren't prepared to not shop as often as we usually do and for things to not be on the shelves. I don't plan on doing that again so we'll go as we need this and that and have a list so it doesn't get like that again.

Enjoy your day!

7. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good morning!

It's sunny and 64* here today. I guess I'll have to spend some time outside.

Yesterday was busy....I did some cleaning, did a "light" decorating for Easter, put eggs on the tree outside, and sewed 6 fabric masks for the family. My mom dropped off some yeast and magazines for me and we chatted to her out of the window. The kids dropped off masks at my parent's in the evening.

Slept in today....showered, did some cleaning up of the house, and am attempting to do bills before the Joanna Gaines special comes on at noon. I'm running out of time because the kids keep interrupting me.:eek:

Anyone else having skin issues from the hand washing/sanitizing? I have been using Working Hands, but I'm still peeling between my fingers. I think grocery shopping on Friday did me in. Sigh

Looks like we are all posting at the same time!

I'll be back after Joanna.....peace and blessings....

8. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon . felt lazy this morning so i stayed in bed late. watched the series the outsider and christmas vacation. finally got up washed aload of clothes took a shower and got dressed. have a good day

9. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! Alert! It's cloudy and raining on and off! Major weather change and and good excuse to stay in -ha,ha!

Laundry is going, smothered pork chops are in the crock pot, paper has been read, book finished, kitchen tidied - what next?????

Might sew the pillow I have pinned up; tomorrow I will make the chicken soup and maybe some other stuff for the holiday on Wednesday. I need to boil up a bunch of eggs.

Frosty - how lovely to walk by the sea
    Lana - good that you can still see Teigan and Jaymee
    Minta and Amelia - yes- I think everyone is over budget for March but not much to do in April so we should catch up
    Lisa - glad you can get out today
    Jess - wish Eli the happiest of birthdays - it will be one for him to remember!

10. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

I'm back! :p

Joanna's special was super! I guess she is starting a new cooking show available on the Magnolia network. I don't have that network....didn't know it even existed, but am hoping maybe the food network will pick it up.
    I definitely want to get her 2 cookbooks.

I took out butter to soften for chocolate chip cookies, so I'll probably tackle that next. Then I'll work on my planner and look into google classroom and see what I can get together for that. Ugh. Tonight's dinner is a Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup. New recipe, so we will see how that goes. I'm thinking I'll make some biscuits for on the side.

Frosty....enjoy your walk by the sea.
    Lana...glad you got to see your friend.
    Jess...happy birthday to Eli! I can't believe he is 11! Seems like yesterday he was a toddler.
    Hello Minta, Myron's Mom, Debbie, HW2!

Enjoy your day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  11. girlsinmo

girlsinmo Well-Known Member

Good day everyone. It's quiet around here right now. Some of you know my DGD is a wrestling fan like her grandpa. The biggest PPV Wrestlemainia which is usually one night will be both night this weekend, with no fans present. It different but won't be forgotten for sure.

Sounds like some great meals are being prepared. And Nature enjoyed.

Jessica I always think of Eli on April 5. It's connected in my head as my husband was diagnosed with one of his health problems on 4-5-2009. I pray He has the Happiest of Birthdays.

Stay safe all and enjoy the day the best you can..

teachermomof2 and Ahorsesoul like this.
  12. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Hello, Everyone!

Thought I had posted this a.m., but guess not.

I am still hurting and have sat too long. I hurt so much yesterday that I could not do anything. Ugh! I need to get out of my chair and do something. Something like get my card table out and sewing machine, and get started on doing stuff! Tried to put my hair in a barrette, and it slid right down the hank of hair. All my hair gather in that barrette, and it didn't hold. So I just let it hang!

13. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Afternoon.
    Washed main bathroom and that's about it. Made 2 Easter cards, went for a walk, worked on my puzzle, Ftimed with my parents.

Need to pay some bills.

14. Minta

Minta Administrator Staff Member

I made Checkered Icebox cookies. My MIL and her DH got me "The Perfect Cookie" recipe book for Christmas. It has a lot of recipes in it that I want to try.

I have a teenage son who has been going through one growth spurt after another. Currently we are averaging 5 gallons of milk, 4 loaves of bread, 2 bunches of bananas, a bag of apples/oranges a week on top of other snacks and meals. I do not know where he is putting it all. He has grown at least 3 inches since last July. My DD works at the grocery store so she is able to pick up the extra milk during the week when she works. I have been making bread and rolls.

I can't believe how expensive the eggs are getting and yup less sales then usual which is understandable.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  15. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Part 2:

I pushed the wrong button before. Sigh. I am losing my mind.

It is cloudy and cooler, much cooler, today. That could be another reason for the blahs today. I am so sick of this weather. Give me a sunny day, anytime.

Have not done anything yet today. I ate a bowl of Special K with strawberries for breakfast and drank a bunch of o.j. I love the stuff. DD did when she was little. I would buy a six pack of frozen concentrate when the twins were little. I would fix a can for the family and one for Jennifer. She LOVED it. But not so much now. Too bad for her, really good for me! Lol.

Jess, sending Eli a wish for a very happy birthday. It really is hard to believe he is eleven already, but just as cute as everyone!

teachermomof2 likes this.
  16. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Dh hooked up the pressure washer for me this morning. I cleaned the patio chairs that we picked up from the neighbors. Then i used it to blow the leaves from under some of the bushes around the house. He filled my garden sprayer with vinegar so i sprayed grass that is in the flower beds. This afternoon a hyacinth had put up three flowers. The leaves were up this morning without any sign of a flower. It came fast. Our first flower at this house.

teachermomof2 likes this.
  17. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

good morning all,
    Work today for me, wonder how busy it will be. Certainly changing week by week.
    Things seem a little more optimistic here but I have read that we will be under restrictions until our Summer which is December.
    The "curve" here seems to be slowing so I hope that we all keep doing the right thing and do our best.

Happiest of birthday s to Eli, I hope that he has a great day.

Better go, have a great day all.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  18. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Thank you all for the birthday wishes for Eli, I will pass them along. He has had a good day so far. Chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast and then he opened his presents. My dad sent some money in a card and I ordered the gift for my mom, a folding kinetic sand tray thing. We got him new gaming headphones and let him download a new game. He chose Astroneer, which is a space game where you have to find resources and then build all the pieces of your space station I think, pretty neat. I was happy he chose that one instead of the fighting games. DD's present for him should be here on Tuesday, although I don't remember what it is at the moment. Our friends should be driving by at 1 and that will be his last surprise of the day.

I just pulled the cake out of the oven. DH has been cleaning. He vacuumed the stairs and then decided he was going to mop the entire downstairs. He moved furniture, swept and then mopped in sections with Pine-Sol. He's just finishing up now. Since he was moving furniture, we decided to rearrange the living room. I'm sure it will grow on me. I have the dishwasher going and made the cake so I don't feel completely useless. My migraine will flare up and then be okay, keeps going back and forth. DD is outside with her feet in the pool reading. Both my parents have talked to Eli so that is done.

I tried to watch Joanna this morning but it wasn't on here as it should have been. Super disappointing. I logged into Food Network on my computer and was able to watch the last half of it or part of it anyway on my laptop. I hope they will show it again and pick up her cooking show on Food Network too. I don't even know how to get Magnolia network.

luludou and Ahorsesoul like this.
  19. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

we went to a take-out chicken place for supper, 45 minutes away and ate in the car in the parking lot - wow big outing.
    then we went to see the elderly home where mil is... it's far... don't think they'll go see her more than once a week when the restrictions are over.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  20. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Didn't know Joanna had a cooking show----!!!! Man, I am BEHIND on lots!!!!!

We are social distancing. Teigan comes here when Jaymee works and the only place we go is to her house once in awhile, me work, and then gas and grocery store. Allen has to get feed once in awhile but ordered extra last time and then he had a tire that had to be fixed. When I went to moms we were like 8 ft apart and was not there long.

I have did checkbooks and have a load to go into the dryer so think I will change that out and go to bed. Tired. Last 2 nights I have woke up early a.m. and then restless rest of the night.

The drive thru was where they handed her a bag of candy that had 6 or 7 pieces in it and a $1 bill and then there was a $5 gift card for food from the KC Hall if you go there. I wondered why they were calling it a hunt. She said a big bunny was there dressed up eating carrots.

Night my friends.

Ahorsesoul likes this.