Sunday 5-27-18

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MrsSoup, May 27, 2018.

1. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha friends!

2. MrsSoup

I can't believe i'm the one starting the thread this morning! Where is everyone? Doing something fun, I hope. I slept in until 8 a.m. this morning and it felt great. Eli stayed the night at the hotel with our friends and then went to the beach with them this morning. If DD wasn't in a cast we would have all gone. DH came and helped me at work last night with the pallet bigger than me so we got home around 10:30.

Not sure what today holds, yesterday was jam packed so I think today will be more relaxed. Maybe a motorcycle ride this morning, we'll see. I think our friends are going to relax today after the beach. I've got laundry going and need to do homework and try to get another test done today.

Enjoy your day!

3. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hi all! After great sunshine yesterday it poured all day today. It might be trying to clear now. Also, yesterday it was in the mid 80's and today in the mid-60's. What a difference a day makes!

Yesterday was perfect for a BBQ. We had about 20 people, lots of food and a great time. DS and DDIL helped with the set up and take down and everything was pretty relaxed.

Today I am doing nothing but laundry. We are all resting, including Buffy who was playing with the kids all day. Not sure if we'll grill for dinner or order out.

Jess - glad that you are enjoying having your friends with you on base.

4. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

i worked a half day the picked up my grandson. we got in the pool then shot nerf guns had lunch , im fixing his favorite for dinner spaghetti. we are going to movies tomo movie about the dogs he wanted to see, have a good evening

5. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    A holiday Monday here, I had a sleep in and have just had my breakfast. The plans for today are to finish tidying the spare/craft room, do all the folding, make some sausage rolls for dinner and to get ready for the new week.
    DS and his friend are off to brunch and then they will spend the day out before taking her to the airport.

A sunny day here but quite cool so sweat pants and a sloppy joe for me. Hopefully will warm up and I can have my mid morning coffee outside.

6. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Slept in until 7:30, last night watched a movie with ds & his girlfriend. Today, cooked some chicken legs for a supper this week. did deweeding in front of the house, did laundry, emptied dishwasher. Not much else. read outside this afternoon. ds & girlfriend left around 5:30. went to get some pizza with dh, mil, sil and bil for supper. Tomorrow should be rain (I hope!) - have so much to do inside!

'Night

snowgoose likes this.
  7. MrsSoup

I got laundry done today but didn't do any homework. DH went and got a haircut this morning. Our friends brought Eli back and said he was saying he was ready to go about 20 minutes after they got to the beach. Not sure what his problem was. DH and I went on a ride after they brought him home. We went to a burger place we see when we go on our island rides and it wasn't good at all. My burger was not cooked all the way through, luckily I realized after about 2 bites and didn't eat any more. DH ate all of his and is fine so far. I just couldn't do it. We stopped for shave ice on the way home.

Our friends are on their way here with their laundry. We invited them for dinner but they had a late lunch so politely declined. Not sure if we'll cook anyway with them here or what. We still need to eat and I have to go to work. I'm hungry. We made a grocery list so DH may run to the Commissary, although he's not gone yet so who knows.

8. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Finally finished cleaning and decluttering the spare room. It had been a real dumping ground since DD moved and I moved the bed from there to DD old room. I would like to use this room at Christmas for storing the wrapped Christmas presents in as it is close to the room where we set up the tree. I have 4 really big bags from IKEA that I will use to put the wrapped presents in. Must make things a bit easier at Christmas eve to place gifts under the tree.
    I have a whole bunch of stuff that I will take to the charity Christmas tree at the mall when it is set up.

DH and I will have pea and ham soup for dinner, I cooked it yesterday and have 3 large containers to go into the freezer. I will rotate the soup from last year and start taking soup to work over the next few weeks.
    Lunch time now and I think a crumpet and cup of tea will be nice.