Sunday, 7-29-18

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Good Morning To All!

2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Yesterday work was really slow. Came home and we got sandwiches from the Pub. Then Allen and I lost some time driving around. I did get dishes put into the dishwasher and supper done about 8 p.m..

I called about a house that I thought might be coming up for sale and Jaymee and I were going to just go look around the outside because the lady said she could show it on Tuesday. We went and they came over and let us look inside. Pretty nice in general but of course things to change. Wallpaper off, carpet up (s/b hardwood under), painting. It isn't up for sale yet or completely cleaned out. But will have our foot in the door and will see what they want for it. Double garage, on 3 lots, 2 other storage sheds. There is a well that only has a wooden top on it so DEFINITELY would be a number 1 fix. The lady just passed away a month ago so the kids have to sort stuff and then it will have to go thru everything. Another house in the country is coming up too BUT all depends on the cost!!!!!

Either Allen or I or both will go see Aunt Imogene for a couple hours and then start on stuff here.

Everybody have a GREAT day!

3. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Morning all MHHers

Wishing you all a great day. Do something for yourself to recharge today.

4. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good morning to all. sun is shining get my grandson later today yay missed him . hope everyone has agood day. just watered my flowers they are doing good. garden not so good not getting the squash i had hoped for. have tomotoes

5. piratemamaof3boys

piratemamaof3boys Well-Known Member

Hi ladies. We hung out with the neighbors last night so I slept in some today then DH and I took the dog to a battlefield for a trail walk. Its fascinating to walk places where the civil war was fought and earthworks they built are still there.
    Laundry and the usual today I think DH and older 2 DS are going to the shooting range today for a bit.

Have a great day.

6. Doodlebug

Doodlebug Active Member

Good morning. We had quite a thunderstorm during the night. Not sure how much rain we got but every little bit helps.

Kids are all coming for dinner tonight. Then I will have 5 of the grandkids staying until Thursday morning. I am going to have Grandma's Camp. The little ones are too young for any kind of camp and Joelee(11) was going to
    4-H camp and it was cancelled. So we will have camp. The schedule is made and getting organized.

Then Thursday afternoon - evening and Friday I will have a State Board Meeting. My schedule is getting busy. In September I will go to Dubuque, Iowa for 5 days for the annual CWC(Country Woman's Council). Then in April my plans right now are to go to Australia for the ACWW (Associated Country Women of the World) meeting. Not sure how long I will stay after the meeting is over. Some from the US are wanting to do some sight-seeing while there. Not sure how many days I will be able to afford that.

Went to a dear friend's funeral yesterday. Then went to town and then to son #2 for a cookout as his old high school friend and wife was there visiting. Had a good visit. While in town I saw our Elementary Principal. Told her I would volunteer my time when they needed me.

Lana, is the house looking for Jayme and Teigan? Good luck on finding one that is affordable and just right for them.

I guess I need to get busy and get desserts made for tonight.
    Will try to get back on here later today.

7. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

Paint and Sip was fun last night, my surfboard octopus "Stanley" is posted on FB. I had a few drinks and a few of us did a shot at the end, Grand Marnier and Godiva Chocolate. It tasted exactly like a tootsie roll. DH is off to work today. They called him yesterday morning around 9 and asked if he could come in because whoever was on the schedule didn't show up and the main instructor was there by himself. So he got dressed and hopped on the bike and went, so he's working today as well. More money I guess.

My friend is doing breakfast this morning for her youngest and we'll go over and take our present. Stinks that DH is going to miss it. We'll go to the pool down at Shafter after and he'll meet us there if we're still there when he's finished. Then Eli has a pack meeting at 4:30 but we won't stay long because we have to take DH to the airport as he flies out this evening. Then i'll have to go back later to pick up DS as he flies in this evening around 9:30.

Lana- Are you guys thinking of moving or would it be for Jaymee?
    Hi Diedra!
    HW2- Have fun with grandson!
    Shannon- I think it would be fascinating to walk on those places and wish we would have gone to more places when we were on that side of the states. It's neat being here in Hawaii too.
    Debbie- That's so awesome, "Grandma Camp".

Enjoy your day!

8. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

House would be for Jaymee. One she looked at in Feb. and we were still looking in April and May at it and it sold. Was going to see about adding onto it and it sold. Evidently wasn't meant to be. This one would be nice and is 1/2 block down the road from her best friend. BUT like I said isn't ready to be sold yet and they have to get stuff out and decide on a price. Will see. Allen and Greg will go with her Tuesday a.m. to see it is the plan. No I am a country girl now and don't think I could do town. LOL

Did some cleaning dishes are all done and put away. Supper in crockpot and chicken is cooking for tom.. I will work on some bills and should see if laundry needs done.

9. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning.
    Work for me Monday. It is grey and windy out there, it looks miserable.
    Just had breakfast and then off to work for the day. Cannot believe that this week brings us to August, one more month until Spring.

DD and BF were here for dinner last night. DH did a wonderful roast pork with roasted potato and sweet potato, steamed carrots and broccoli.
    DD bought a beautiful pecan pie from a local bakery. If I had of thought of it I should have decorated for CIJ and done a few fun games etc.
    Not sure yet if DD's BF know of my Christmas obsession but thought it might 'scare' him off.
    Maybe next year.

Better get ready for the day, hope that you are all safe and well.
    XOXO

10. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Evening! we got back from hampton beach last night around 7:30, then went to sil's for the evening. today was laundry, laundry, laundry, catching up on reading here (still have some CIJ blogs to read) and FB. neighbors came to chat a few hours this afternoon.
    We had sun, clouds, wind, rain. varied. Had a great time with sis & bil. saw some nice free music concerts and some fireworks.
    Glad to be back home though and doing my routine things :)
    Missed each and evryone of you.

11. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone.

It seems like I haven't been on here for a week. I slept in this morning and didn't go to church. I cooked lunch for DS and his family and us. They came after they got out of church. DH went for Sunday school, but came home when it was over. He was stung yesterday by a wasp on his chest and it's swollen and itching, so he came home for medicine for it.

I took something for my back last night and was still groggy after lunch, so I napped about 2 1/2 hours before I got up and got ready to go to church tonight. We had a fellowship and a movie (I Can Only Imagine) tonight, instead of regular service.

Hopefully, it's going to be a slower week this week than last.

Hope you all rest well tonight.

12. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Thanks to all for you thoughts and prayers for me as today was Gospel Fest. It went well. The talent was great. Our headliner arrived late but were ready to go within a few minutes. There was a lot of set up to do. The Commissioner in charge inspected everything and had a couple of complaints about how I did things. I corrected what I could and moved on. I had to take a deep breath and looked at the staff assisting me and said "we are going with the flow."
    My boss was happy and said I made things easy for him. He threaten to pull me out of retirement for next year's planning. I laughed. I have a thick 3 ring binder that will hopefully lead the way for the person assigned the task. Just some wrap up and committee meeting on Wednesday and it done.

MrsSoup likes this.
  13. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Evening!

DH is off and now am waiting for time to go back to the airport and get DS. My head is killing me so I may set an alarm on my phone and try to nap on the couch. We did breakfast this morning for my friend's youngest daughters birthday and then went to the pool. They took forever to get ready so we didn't get there until noon. DH met us there when he got done at work. We stayed until a little after two and then headed back home. We ran over for cake quickly since the baby woke up when they got home. Then DH came home and started packing. I took Eli and got him set for this year in Scouts. Met his new den leaders.

I really just want to go to bed. I was debating messaging DS and telling him to just walk out to the car at the curb so we don't have to go in. I still might. I got him a lei, but I can give it to him outside the car. He doesn't have a checked bag.

Jody- Glad everything went great!!

14. Myron's Mom

Myron's Mom Member

I'm happy for you! What an accomplishment. So nice you kept a binder. I am sure the next person will appreciate it.

15. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

It was a huge accomplishment for me. My self-confidence waivers at times and have to fight it. I have already made a list this morning of what went well and where we could improve for next year and will add that to my notes.
    I had a lot of support and encouragement from my team of co-workers.

luludou and MrsSoup like this.
  16. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Well done Miss JoDee. Glad that things went well. Good on you for keeping your composure.