Sunday April 14th, 2019

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Another new week about to begin!!!!!

2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

I put the new chest in Teigans room last night so now put stuff in it and clean up other stuff. I am washing the walls and baseboards as I go. Working on putting all her doll stuff together and washing the doll nursery down. Have a few other things to put away and will start sorting the barbie stuff. That will take AWHILE.

Need to do dishes at some point and work in dining room too.

Went to the doctor yesterday. So did Jaymee and we have the same meds.. Earaches (fluid behind both of mine), sore throat and very runny nose.

Sounds windy out and rained most the night.

I better move along!

Have a GREAT day!

Still not sure where Easter will be. Here or Jaymees. Taxes due tomorrow and haven't heard from the tax guy yet. Got some of the stuff for Teigans rabbits to take to school on Thursday but not the candy to put into them or the paint for the faces! I am on a ROLL!!!!

3. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning!
    DS & DDIL picked up the dog around 11:00 pm.
    Muffins are in oven, making my overnight oats. DH is gone to the groceries. I have put Easter gifts in bags, bagged dd's bday gifts and my brother's bday gift. We will be going to dd's this afternoon with ds & ddil so they can tell her she'll be an aunt before someone posts it on FB. Told dd we were going to the sugarshack and would stop by her house afterwards so she doesn't guess (not going to the sugarshack). Hope nobody posts it before next weekend so we can tell my parents over Easter.
    ok, continuing with the picking up....

4. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good morning to all cloudy off and on. read the paper cooked breakfast. the shape of water movie is on i saw it but it was kinda good. get my grandson in a liitle while we will get pizza for dinner have a good day

5. happy2bme

happy2bme Well-Known Member

Good morning,

K had to work this morning, so I got up when she did. So far I have done several loads of laundry, made granola and dog biscuits. I still need to clean the bathroom, vacuum and more stuff that I can't remember at the moment. I might take a tea break and read a few pages of another gardening book I started last night.

Have a great day!

6. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Lucie, CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I haven't been keeping up lately so did not see where you posted that you were going to be a grandma. SO EXCITIMG! When are they due? How far do they live from you? I also was thinking that they were just living together----I miss so much when not checking in.

Working in Teigans room. Have all her dress up clothes put away and the outfits and pieces together in the tote. She loved that trunk full of dress up items for Christmas that year. Now I am starting some laundry and working on her clothes. She has so many. I am terrible of buying her clothes!!! Have to quit.

Still raining and cold out.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  7. Lori K

Lori K Member

First off, congrats Lucie! I feel like it's been forever since I last joined in on a conversation thread. We've got snow … about an inch on the ground already and still coming down, and at least that much slush on the roads. Went out around 9:30 to get groceries for the week and slid right through a 4-way stop intersection. Luckily there was no cross traffic. Trying to get ahead of the laundry today and spot-cleaning the family room carpet (any tips for how to get a fixed dog to quit marking would be welcomed). Three appointments after work this week, so several crock-pot meals are planned. Stay warm and safe everyone!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  8. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! It's getting cloudy here and the temps are in the 60's. Tomorrow is supposed to be heavy rain in the morning.

Yesterday turned out to be a lovey day weatherwise. DS and DDIL came for dinner and we grilled steaks and I made mac and cheese and coleslaw and chocolate chip cookies for dessert. DH uncovered the lawn furniture and DS rehung my swing so the outdoors is pretty set. We watched part of Crazy Rich Asians and talked which was nice.

Today I have a sponge cake in the oven and am in the midst of about 4 loads of laundry. I could organize some more papers later, I guess.

Lucie - super congratulations!
    Pam - hope you enjoyed the prarty
    Lana - Teigan's room should be set up by now - when will she and Jaymee be officially moving?
    Mel - you definitely need a break!
    Faye - I think it will be pizza night here either today or tomorrow
    Jess - great that Eli pitched so well
    Hello Lori - I guess it will take a while for the dog to get used to his new situation;)

happy2bme likes this.
  9. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I had a crazy dream during the night that I was driving and went over downed power lines and was electrocuted. There was a car in front of me and I had no control over my body and knew that I was going to hit it. I woke up before the impact and my entire body was numb and tingling from head to toe. It was so real that it completely freaked me out, it took me an hour or so to fall back to sleep.

No plans for today really. DH has to work this afternoon. DD is supposed to be cleaning her room today and she's not leaving this house or doing anything until it's done. I will work on my meal plan, do some reading and maybe work on task 3 for school. I also need to work on catching with Eli. I plan on spending some time on the porch today too.

Lana- Hope the meds help you both!
    Lucie- Have fun!
    Faye- Have fun getting pizza!
    Mel- Productive day for you so far, for sure.
    Lori- Be careful out there! I've found that if they are marking it's usually because they smell where it's been marked before. I used to use a solution that removed the previous, maybe vinegar, I don't remember.
    Debbie- Your menu sounds yummy!

Enjoy your day!

happy2bme and Ahorsesoul like this.
  10. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Good afternoon.

I was up early to put a pot roast & veggies in the crockpot. I'm going to introduce dgkids to a bit of turnips and parsnips, as well as the onions, carrots & potatoes. I don't expect happy mouths. They will, however, enjoy croissants with the roast and cherry turnovers for dessert.

I believe dd and I will make a quick trip to Utah tomorrow in her hot little camaro. I need some money from the credit union and we don't have a branch here. Road trip - woo hoo!

Have a great day everyone.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  11. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning.

Lucie, congratulations!!!!!!!! I am so happy to hear your news.

I will go back and read over the last few days later, the wifi has been sketchy here.

My news, did so well this weekend. Came 9th in our Technical routine, (last year 12th).
    Came 5th in our Thematic routine. We did not do one last year so this was an amazing effort. Very pleased with how we went.

DH arrived in Melbourne last night and we willl be heading of on our holiday today which I am looking forward to. Will be going along the Great Ocean Rd today which from what I hear is a beautiful part of the country.

Going to jump in the shower...
    Much love

12. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

LC22 worked this weekend. So we had help with DD. Was very nice.

Today DD went to nap so Dh said he would stay home to let us go shopping. I found a pink t-shirt and a gray with pink striped sweater with fringe and 3/4 sleeves. You hardly ever find those 3/4 sleeves now a days. All on sale. When we walked in one store I saw some long sweater jackets that I pointed out to LC22. She's always cold. She found one she liked. Reg price $78 marked down on the tag to $57 but was on clearance for $10. That was the deal of the day. We both found some items at Pier 1. I took a photo of a floor lamp at Pier 1 that I will go back to pick up. Then we stopped for sushi take out.

Dinner will be French Dip sandwiches with hash browns and some leftover veggie sushi.

Wishing all a good night.

13. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good evening!

It's a gray day here. We are now under a tornado warning until 3am. It's been a crazy 2 weeks....I had the flu again. I took off 2 days of school because I was so sick. I'm still coughing on occasion and am congested. I feel like I lost a week of my life. M got her braces off and now is wearing retainers for 6 months. She has some dental work to be done, so I had to find a dentist to do that. She goes in May. I've been working on Easter prep and all the usual things, I did some spring cleaning yesterday. School has been unsettled. It's state testing week, so everything is a mess. It will cause behavior issues. We are will be eating lunch at 1045am. Too early for little ones.
    The school year is winding down....37 more student days to go. Woo hoo!

I'm waiting to hear that H is safe at college because he is driving through the storm now.

Lucie....congratulations! I didn't even know Ds was married....how'd I miss that!?
    I need to catch up here! Sending love and best wishes to you all!

Peace,
    Lisa

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  14. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone.

It's been a long day. I woke up early because I was cold. We went to bed with the air conditioner on, but it was upper 40s this morning. Turned off the air and turned on some heat. I made chili for lunch for Frito pies. DS and family along with DDIL's nephew came for lunch. We had a deacon ordination service at church tonight with finger foods afterwards, so sort of a long night. I managed to squeeze in a one hour nap this afternoon, but I'm fighting sleep right now. Mama called just as I was waking up to say she had locked her car and house keys in her house. Luckily, she did have her cell phone with her and her car was unlocked. So, I ran her extra key I have to her before heading off to church tonight.

DH thinks he has sciatica. His left leg started bothering him yesterday in the hamstring area. Now it hurts down his buttock into his leg. It will be the devil getting him to the doctor about it, so I'm just going to let it go until he decides what he want to do about it. I told him...welcome to my world. I've often wondered if he really understands just how badly I hurt sometimes. If it is that, I suppose he'll find out, but I didn't want him to find out first hand...poor guy.

We have testing starting tomorrow, too, with more to follow after Easter break...about 3 weeks of testing, so my classes will be totally messed up with sometimes 3 or 4 students out for testing, and sometimes as many as 10-15. A real mess...because none of my classes are "pure." Some of my classes have 10th through 12th graders and some have 9th - 11th graders all mixed together.

Lisa, I'm sorry you've been so sick. A friend of mine had type A flu and the next week had type B. Hang in there, the end is coming. Stay safe!
    Lana, several people at church tonight were talking about having to do their taxes or not being able to find bank statements, etc. Phew! Glad I made myself do it earlier. Hope your tax guy comes through!
    Lucie, was DD excited when she heard the news? It will be so fun!
    Faye, hope it was a good day with DGS.
    Mel, will you try to guild garden beds like you had at your old house? They were so cool!
    Lori, glad you didn't get hurt in the slide through! Hope you got to stay home the rest of the day. Wish I had some dog tips, but I don't. We kennel trained DD's dog...not sure if that will work.
    Debbie, sounds like things are cranking up for summer at your house with the lawn furniture being uncovered.
    Jess, sounds like a busy day at your house. Hope you got some porch time.
    GrammaDeb, how did the root veggies go over? Kids need to try new things!
    Katrina, congratulations! You've worked to hard and didn't give up when some people chose to not come back last year. Way to go!
    Diedra, glad you had a day out of the house. Good buys! I love it when I find an unexpected, extra good bargain!

Night, everyone. Hope you all rest well.

Ahorsesoul and happy2bme like this.
  15. happy2bme

happy2bme Well-Known Member

Katrina - Congratulations to you and your team!! Enjoy your vacation.
    Jane - I have been in touch with someone about making me some much smaller raised bed boxes.

I managed to get a few things done before I started feeling sick and dizzy. I sat down for a bit and had a nap and then had a bath after dinner. I feel better, but am so tired. K and I have a really stressful situation that will be getting dealt with soon, but it is taking a toll on both of us.

Good night.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  16. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

DH and I are in the cabin after our first night of travelling. I was car sick on the way, the views were gorgeous but the road was very twisty.
    Will be in bed very soon.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  17. Myron's Mom

Myron's Mom Well-Known Member

Lori,
    I’ve used something called Anti Icky Poo to clean up cat urine when Myron was spraying. It was recommended by the behavior doctor that treated Myron. I bought it from her but I’m sure you can get it online. There are pheromone diffusers that you can get at pet smart that can help sometimes. They didn’t do anything for Myron, he needed Prozac in the end but worth a try. Has he been to the vet? Sometimes health issues ( bladder infections, even bad teeth etc) can cause them to mark. There’s other things we did, including keeping a log to see if there were any triggers for the behavior. I wish you the best, I know how frustrating that kind of behavior can be.

Lori K and Ahorsesoul like this.
  18. Lori K

Lori K Member

Just getting back to this thread (sorry for the delay). My pup's a rescue schnauzer and I've had him for over 3 years. Guessing he's around 6 years old. The problem stems from him not being fixed until he was nearly 3 (by the rescue organization). He tends to mark on the lower level, where I have my office. The previous owner had a toddler and they used that room as a playroom. Despite having the carpet cleaned regularly since I've been there, I have to wonder if he smells "diaper leakage" and is simply being territorial. Continuing to monitor him and his whereabouts ... and I'll look for the pheramone spray. Thanks for the suggestion, Myron's Mom!

Ahorsesoul likes this.