Sunday Beautiful Saturday July 8th, 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Good Morning!!!!! :) :) :)

2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

I just went out to feed the fish and it is awesome outside at the moment. No humidity and a very nice breeze. At one time they said today was to be about 84 85 and no humidity so will see. Starting tom. it is to start warming back up and this week high 90s again.

Allen went to see Aunt Imogene so knocks out shutters going up this a.m.. I know he has some yards to finish in town and then maybe on to ours!!!! It always comes last. Wish the weed eater was smaller and I would try to mess with it. There are some flower beds edged with rock that I would like to take out and probably just turn into grass or a different type of flower bed.

I did get everything done yesterday before work 4 places, lunch 2 and then Aunt Imogene after work. Love it when it works it like that.

I am wasting good time so I better get moving!

Have a GREAT day!

3. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Good morning, everyone. It was late when we got home from DGS's ballgame in Monroe. After mid-night, because there were two weather delays. It rained, thundered, and lightened, so they cleared the field. We didn't get nearly as much rain as they got in Monroe. They won 5-4! Two more games today, 2:00 and another 8:00. Hope there aren't any rain delays today.

I have a couple of loads of laundry to fold and one in the washer. I'm watching a Hallmark movie right now...probably not my best use of time! :p

Lana, sounds like great weather there! Enjoy it while it lasts.

Hope you all have a great day!

4. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

Today is actually the 7th. ;) DD's birthday is on the 8th, which is tomorrow. LOL DH and DD headed out super early this morning with her friend and her dad to hike Koko Head. They are on their way back now. I will be headed to my chiropractor appointment shortly. We decided to leave Eli here since they are on their way, he'll be here by himself for about 20 minutes, so a good short time for his first time by himself. Our friends live right down the street should anything happen. He knows how to call on the landline, so he should be fine. He will most likely not leave the couch since he's on his 2DS.

DH found out last night that he is on the schedule to work the motorcycle course this weekend. He hasn't heard anything since that one weekend last month that he worked training and then he got an email yesterday that said to check the schedule. He had no idea how to access the schedule so called one of the guys from his instructor course that works there. They have him on for the next 3 weekends and then 3 weekends in August. He wasn't very happy about this weekend being that it's DD's birthday, but at least it's the afternoon portion so he can still take part in the morning activities I guess.

We are supposed to go to Dave & Busters this afternoon, I really wish DD would change her mind. I really don't care for it and i'll care for it even less without DH along. Our friends are coming too though. I have not been sleeping well lately and have been in a mood, need to get out of it!

Enjoy your day!

5. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Afternoon.

Quiet here today. We are waiting for DH to be done with work to go to Dave & Busters. We'll meet him down at the college and pick him up and then go. DD made her cake and it's still cooling. I've done some laundry and catnapped on the couch, read some as well. It's been raining off and on. I've also been watching Hallmark Christmas movies. I need to run to the Commissary again for stuff for breakfast tomorrow. We never made a decision about what we were going to do so I didn't get stuff yesterday. Guess I better get to it.

6. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning, a quiet one at MHH today.
    Sunday here and I woke up to the wind howling. It is sunny out there now but it is freezing. I know it is Winter but some spring days would be nice.
    Not much today, will need to do some folding and get ready for work tomorrow and Tuesday. Cannot believe how quickly the weeks are flying by.
    Had dinner with DH boss last night, a nice evening, had roast pork and vegies and boss did a raspberry and white chocolate bread pudding. OMGoodness it was good. Enough pork left over for a meal today and sandwiches for tomorrow. Yum.

7. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Order me the Green Ghost and the Caesar Lettuce Wraps please. I may have to make those wraps here.

8. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

I sat with my alzheimer neighbor the last 2 days. Her DH asked me today if I would be willing to go with them on Monday to shop for clothes for her. I said yes, but I'm very nervous about it. He wants to go to either Dillards or Macys, and I know the salesladies are very helpful, so hopefully things will go well.

My DH & I went to lunch today and then grocery shopping. I saw a sign for "pumpkin pie in July" and a pie miraculously jumped in my cart. At home dsil said, "Well it IS Christmas in July." I had asked for cash back, and DH thought the checker gave me money as some sort of promotion, along with saving $10. I fear DH is losing his marbles.

DH turned on a Christmas movie, "The Star," so I will say goodbye now. Have a great evening.

9. piratemamaof3boys

piratemamaof3boys Well-Known Member

Evening ladies. Busy day today. DH and I went to a park to walk Holly. Ended up on the bike trail that actually goes from Richmond 40 mi to Yorktown. Crazy long 1.5 mi in we turned around and walked back. The walking trail obviously was somewhere else and was on my 1.4 mi total. Well we got a good walk in. Got groceries and then DH took the older 2 to the shooting range and DH3 and I ran to the mall near them. Finally got the boys swapped. The important things like the computers and game systems and cat tree. They can finish the little things this week like legos on the shelf.
    Now I'm in bed watching Live PD.
    Have a good night ladies

10. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Title was to say Sunny not Sunday and sorry date was wrong. I was already writing the 9th at work after balancing so....

I finallly got the wreath on the door. I like it. Shutters didn't go up but alot of weed eating went on here. Alot to do. I worked in Teigans room. Found a pretty antique set with dresser, vanity and bed but I don't want the bed and they won't sell it by pieces.

Night

11. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Ugh! Neighbors 2 doors down is popping off fireworks. Some are so loud my dishes rattled in the kitchen and I am jumping in my seat. It is 10:30 now. I think they are done but am still hearing some small pops. He does this every year and it drive me nuts. We are a small neighborhood with about 60 houses on lots that are about 100 wide and 200 deep. I want to go to bed but not sure there won't be more. One year I had to get up at 2 am and go ask a different neighbor to stop because we were trying to sleep. His reply was but tomorrow is Sunday. What difference does that make. As I was walking back to the house I notice a police car coming down the street he probably thinks I called them but I did not. No common courtesy any more.