Sunday Chat 8.11.19

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by teachermomof2, Aug 11, 2019.

1. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good Sunday morning to you all!

Hope all is well in your neck of the woods. I actually had a good night's sleep...and then the alarm went off. It has cooled down here, so the temperature in our room was perfect for sleeping. When I went out into the kitchen something moving caught my eye. There were 11 turkeys in the yard, slowly moving along through the hillside, eating along the way. 3 hens and 8 poults.

Not sure what is planned for today, except for mass. I want to try out my new laminator. I have loads of school stuff I could do as well. J will be working on cars. He has to finish his car repairs. They also have to repair the tie rod end on H's car, as well as a brake line. I'm so thankful J is handy.

Have a blessed day!

girlsinmo, Ahorsesoul and GrammaDeb like this.
  2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Hi, Lisa and those coming!

That is nice that J can do stuff. I love seeing wildlife walking around.

The picnic was nice. Saw a few people that I haven't in quite awhile. Left alittle after 7:30. At the flea market stand I got 3 Christmas waste cans (heavy plastic 2 red with snowflakes and 1 red with Christmas words on it) and then some small Christmas plaques with sayings and 3 squares with a ribbon on it and says Jesus is the Gift. Each item was $1.00. Thought the wastecan can be used for a door prize with items in it.

Went deer looking on the way home but a stop at DG for an apple juice first and then home and Teig put pjs on and we played on bed and she was out.

She wants to make brownies so I better be going.

Have a GREAT day everybody!

3. teachermomof2

We saw a doe and her twins on our way to church.

4. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

I LOVE the wildlife!!! We had a good-sized lizard on the backyard fence a few days ago, and everyone gathered around the window to look at it. Psst - we don't get many wild animals here. Unless you count cockroaches and scorpions, and I'd rather not.

girlsinmo, Lana and Ahorsesoul like this.
  5. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Only wild life I saw this morning was two dogs who wanted to go out right now. lol

No one woke me up until 7:40 this morning. First time I've gotten to sleep to my wake up time since puppy has been in the house. I am now training Eva that the rest of the house is not for outdoor use. She was up here in the computer room with me playing with Boots yesterday when she decided to piddle in the corner. I told her no and took her outside. She had not even gotten a drop on the carpet so she does know the meaning of NO. We will have to reinforce this in the rest of the house and then I think she will be fine. Last night she slept on the dogs bed in my room for about an hour without any problems. Then went outside and to her kennel for the night.

DD is now taking her morning nap. Dh is reading the newspaper. I am get all the refilling done after I read postings. I have the robot vacuum going downstairs so I am doing work while I read. lol

I am dressed in jeans, an undershirt plus a top. Winter weather clothes. It was 67 when I got up and I am still cold. It's cloudy out and I think once the sun shines I'll warm up. Usually at this temp I'm warm.

Enjoy the day.

girlsinmo, Lana and GrammaDeb like this.
  6. happy2bme

happy2bme Well-Known Member

Good morning,

I slept in and woke up to the sun shining, the rain is supposed to start again this afternoon and last all evening. It has been hot and dry here, so a good rainfall is just what we need.

Yesterday was a great day, K had the day off, so we went to the city for my massage appointment and then did the grocery shopping and ran errands. We came home and hung wallpaper on the one wall in the living room. It looks fantastic, I am so happy with how it turned out. What a difference it makes to the room.

I have lots to do today and am really going to push myself to get some things crossed off my list.

Have a great day!!

7. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

hello to all. not to busy at work today. my grandson will be over in little while. sun is out but not to hot at least yet. need to decide whats for dinner. have agreat day

8. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

DH is heading off to work this morning and i'm heading to the beach to look for seaglass. Not sure yet if DD is going, I told her to set an alarm and be up by 6:30 if so. If she's not up then i'll just go. I should be leaving about now, but that's okay. I don't like to rush around on the weekends. The rest of the day will be spent on homework for both me and DD. She has a project due tomorrow and she will need my help with some of it. I have to get week 1 done and work on getting this resume knocked out.

Laura- I'm sorry to hear about your carpet. I wonder if there's any way to break him of doing that?
    Lisa- I love turkeys! What a treat to see first thing in the morning.
    Lana- Sounds like great finds at the flea market!
    Diedra- Me too! LOL Glad you got some extra sleep!
    Mel- I hope you enjoyed your massage! Glad the paper turned out!
    Hi Faye!

Enjoy your day!

happy2bme, girlsinmo, Lana and 2 others like this.
  9. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! Sunny and 70's. A lovely day again!

Had pizza for dinner last night and then knitted after checking Pinterest;)

Off to a good start today as we need to get our packing done to leave tomorrow. Third load of laundry - looks like two more.

Made bacon and eggs for breakfast. Made snickerdoodles bars, copycat Olive Garden salad dressing, egg salad, tuna salad and chicken salad; put some smashed oreos in the vanilla mousse I made a few days ago. Taking a well deserved rest now. Almost time to watch the Mets on TV!

Diedra - DH like your suggestions and was about ready to try on the "cone of shame"
    Lisa - do birds count as wildlife? we have a lot of birds - and dogs too
    Mel - I love the idea of one papered/painted wall in a room
    Lana - good deals!
    Faye - enjoy grandson
    Deb - sometimes shopping is the best thing to do!
    Jess - hope the awful referees are removed from the game ASAP

10. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

We made brownies then Teigan and I played in her room. Allen did dinner. Ryan was home and Teigan was so excited to see him so they played. Jaymee came for dinner but then Teigan went with Allen and Ryan to Bucheitts so sis went home to do some laundry and I was going to but Ryan struck some in before leaving so will change his out and do towels when time. I am going to go start on the table and make tea.

Want to try something different on the snowman that I did on the ones for CIJ so will see if I have the spray later.

Better move along.

Ahorsesoul, GrammaDeb and girlsinmo like this.
  11. girlsinmo

girlsinmo Well-Known Member

Good day all. The heat has returned here. Heat Advisory today & EXCESSIVE Heat Warning for Mon & Tues. Praying Fall temps begin in a few weeks.

I miss seeing wild life run around. There was a rabbit family at our house that burnt a few years ago. We would see squirrels & occassionally a rabbit at the house we moved into after that. But since moving over here stray dogs, the 25 cats that live across the street are mostly what we see with a few birds through in here & there.

DH & DGD looking forward to the wrestling PPV coming on tonight. Well they're hoping it will be good

Have a good rest of the day all...

Ahorsesoul and GrammaDeb like this.
  12. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Good morning,

67 here today with a high of 68 so this is about it for today and I'll take it! Scrapbook table is all organized and ready for production. Worked my way through half a layout this morning, will finish it off after I run a couple of errands. Need to run to Staples for some labels - next project is to overhaul my password book, it's a mess! Whipping up a pasta dish for lunches next week - rice noodles and a jar of sauce so that will be quick and easy. Was going to start another Whole 30 but I'm going to Debbie Macomber's afternoon tea event on Saturday so I'll put the start off until the following Monday.

Hope you're all having a good day!

13. MrsSoup

DD and I went to the beach this morning and picked up seaglass. It was beautiful and the surf was just enough and the water was warm. There were a couple guys there with a small bulldog that was having a blast and came to visit me several times. He was a sweet pup. We stopped and grabbed breakfast at McDonalds and then headed home. We have cleaned our glass and it's drying now. DD is working on her homework and i'm getting ready to. I might have to kick the boys upstairs so I can have some quiet. I need to think of three good words to describe DD for part of her project.

Later friends!

14. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    What a busy day here already, I love hearing all of your adventures.
    It is cold here but the sun is shining so always feels a bit better. The arctic event from last week is nearly gone and we should have a better week.
    I cannot wait for this Winter to be done.
    Work for me today and the when I get home will work on a bit more of the holiday for October. trying to find accommodation that does not break the bank is the challenge.
    Better get a move on, hope that you all have a fabulous day.

15. teachermomof2

Good evening (almost!)!

It's been a cool day here...high in the 60s. My kind of temperature. I'm sure it will get hot again....especially if Tricia has a heat advisory....it will head this way.

I did use my laminator. It's the best thing I've bought for classroom use in a long time. It seals and hardens so much better than the school laminator. I am hoping that the kids aren't able to destroy the items this year like they usually do....they pick and peel....because of the quality. M cut out the name clouds for me and I did word wall names today too.

We went to visit Aunt K. She looks better and is getting stronger. The best was that she has a very positive attitude and wants to move along. She does have a difficult roommate though. That makes it tough for her to rest at night. Aunt K did finally get a phone, but we couldn't determine the number and sil didn't share it with me. Such ridiculousness. :rolleyes: I will check with mil. I came home from there and vac'd and did some odds and ends around the house. I just started dinner. We're having ravioli and meatballs, with cucumber salad. M is in charge of the cucumbers. :)

H is moving into his townhouse next week. :eek: Any suggestions for food I can send with him that is easy to prepare and good for a working boy? He has 2 roommates. I'm not sure what they decided as far as meals, but I want to have him stocked up to start. He doesn't have a meal plan, and he doesn't want to spend money on eating out a lot.

I'm starting to be anxious about the school year and the non-stop life of the school year....not too many Sundays ahead that will be free for me or weekdays, for that matter. I had hoped to stay home all day today, but obviously that didn't happen.

Katrina....spring and summer will be there before you know it!
    Jessica...I envy your beach life. I hope to retire to the beachfront. :p
    Hello to Debbie, Lana, Pamela, Mel, Diedra, Deb, and hw2!

16. Lolwlias

Lolwlias Active Member

I also love seeing wildlife. Especially the deer. One thing I haven't seen this year are any of the rabbits. I wonder what happened to them. I've seen deer, the groundhogs (they had babies), turkeys & geese, oh, & a turtle. No rabbits though. Odd.
    I had dinner with ds & his gf tonight. They haven't moved in with one another yet. I am glad he's not rushing it. She seems nice. It was the first time I spent any time with her. Her parents were there too. I like them.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  17. MrsSoup

Afternoon!

I finished week 1 but have decided to hold off on starting week 2 for now. If I get ambitious later I might start working on it. DD finished up her project working beside me on the couch. We came to a deal that if she cleans and organizes her room and keeps it that way for a month, I will order her new bedding and start working on creating her perfect teen room with her. She had to make a collage as part of her project and the only magazines I had were Pioneer Woman and Magnolia Journal. haha She saw PW's bedding collection and loved it and how they displayed the room and ripped out two different pages. She wants pretty much everything in the photos, or a mismatch from the two pages.

Eli has been organizing. LOL He organized the video games and then organized and cleaned out the drawer on the TV stand. He was cleaning under his mattress before that. He should have been putting his laundry away as well. I think i'm going to search for some books and see if there's any that I can't live without and must purchase with gift card money. If not, i'll wait until I can get to the library.

Lisa- I hope to retire to the beach too but i'm not sure that's going to happen. haha I would totally geek out with my own laminator. I will most likely purchase one when I start teaching.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  18. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good evening!

What a lovely day! Got up at 8. Went to the potty, WASHED MY HANDS (I am adamant about that) and then put dinner in the crockpot. Got ready for church and picked up MJ. She actually went to church! Yay! Good preaching.

After church, I had to stop at Walmart for some stuff to make my key lime pie. Got a few things for MJ, too. My few things cost me $40! But that is ok. It was mostly groceries. My back was hurting a lot, and I was SO hot! I bought a bottle of water for each of us. Came home and it was almost 2p.m. I texted N and told him to come over about 2:30.

My mixer would not turn on, and taking one of my many breaks, because my back hurt so badly! So N went to try it. He couldn't even get it to turn on. So, bless his heart, he stirred it until it was smooth. Then poured it in the pie crust. It did not freeze in time for us to eat it, but we did anyway. It tasted so good on this hot day.

I am watching the Discovery channel this evening. The program is Serengeti. I get to see elephants, and you know I love that. I sure wish I could gave a baby elephant for a pet! Sigh!

I think I will go to bed soon. It hurts to sit for so long. Heartburn is back. I will have to talk to te Doctor about it. It is right in the middle of my chest and then it will be towards the right side. Diedra, maybe it is my gallbladder. I will call this week. I am tired. So, I will be bidding you a very good night! Love you all, my friends. Stay safe and be blessed.

MrsSoup and Ahorsesoul like this.
  19. happy2bme

happy2bme Well-Known Member

Howdy,

My living room is done and I am so happy with it. I washed the walls and puttied the holes from the previous owners, for some reason they used big nails to hang everything. I pulled out the paint to do the touch ups, but it was old and rock hard. The pictures I hung up have done a pretty good job of covering things up. I have put "paint living room" on my list of future projects. I am so pleased with how the room looks, I can't stop smiling.

I was able to get some other things done as well and am now having a relaxing evening. The rain started about half an hour ago and hopefully, it will last for a while. I love going to bed and listening to the sound of rain.

Good night.

20. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Home from work and I am glad that that day is over.
    We got new computers and there were so many problems with the today. the passwords wouldn't work, could not receive emails and tonight I could not do a backup. Will ring the IT guys again tomorrow and see what they can do.
    In the next few weeks we will get a new phone system..I know that I will get used to it all in time but I dislike all the bugs.
    Had thin pork steaks for dinner and will go and have a warm bath in a little while.

Have a great night all.

MrsSoup, Ahorsesoul and Lana like this.