Sunday Chat 9.9.18

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by teachermomof2, Sep 9, 2018.

1. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good morning friends!

2. teachermomof2

It is still raining here. I don't think it has stopped all night. Doesn't look like it will stop at all today. Temps are in the mid 50s. Good day to snuggle at home.

We are headed to early mass, then M has rel. ed.. Nothing else planned for today. I don't decorate for Fall this early, but did put mums on the porch that I bought for 3 dollars at Aldi yesterday.

Jane...glad celebration went well. I hope you all get rain soon.
    Lucie...hope the new position works out well for you.
    Katrina...a trip sounds fabulous
    Carrie...hope you are feeling better today!
    Jessica...any word on the storm?

Have a blessed day!

3. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Hello!

On the computer and then off to start stuff.

Was going to make up the little ham sliders last night for supper tonight but started getting stuff out and we don't have any worchest..... sauce. so will probably make them up tomorrow night for Tuesday night supper.

Think I will do homemade pizza for lunch. Teigan and Jaymee both have leftovers from last night. Jaymee dosen't care for the crust when I add more flavor to it.

Rain maybe has stopped here. At least not constant.

Everybody take care and have a GREAT day!

I always like to be in cleaning when gloomy out.

missjane likes this.
  4. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning!
    Last night dh's cousin & wife came for a quick supper, they are emptying the dad's house as he is going to a residence for aging people this week. played society games with ds & girlfriend last night. After they left I put spaghetti sauce away & froze a lasagna.
    got up late, did some stretching-yoga and had breakfast. Made up my mile-long to-do list.
    Was a cool 4C here last night, should go up to 17C today.

5. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

Good morning!!

I now understand why I didn't feel like cooking yesterday.... last night I got a high fever. This is something that has happened to me since I was a little girl. Luckily the fever broke during the night but I anticipate it will return a bit this afternoon. That is just how it works for me.

I guess I will be taking it easy today. I had high hopes of doing some cleaning. If I do.... I will only do a small bit and very slowly.

Well... I better go and see the condition of my kitchen. Might feel good to put my hands in a sink of warm water.

6. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good afternoon to all of the MHH Lovelies.

It has been drizzling and spritzing here. Went to church, but MJ didn't feel up to it. Wonderful sermon by our pastor.

I came home and put on jeans, socks, and a long sleeve t shirt. This dampness gets in my bones! I haven't hurt as much the last 2 days, but boy howdy! Today is awful. I am just gonna fix some lunch and watch my COLTSFOOT beat up the Bengals. Lol

Stay safe if you are having a lot of rain. Chili would be good today. Too bad I don't have the fixins.

7. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!
    I had my friend's kids stay the night last night so I made pumpkin chocolate chip muffins for the kids this morning since Pam talked about it the other day. I haven't had one yet but am about to. The kids are wound this morning and are being very loud. The girls have been talking to me about girl scout stuff, apparently there is about to be lots of drama all because of one girl. She was drama last year and came back to the troop this year. Everyone else gets along, except her. We all kind of hoped they would join another troop because they are so negative and act like they are entitled. The girl is often rude to the other girls but then gets mad and tattles at the smallest thing. She basically has very little social skills because her mother hovers like a helicopter and babies her, she can do no wrong. Anyway, I think things are about to come to a head and about to get ugly. The girls don't want to be part of it.

No idea what any plans are for today. DH is at work until lunchtime. Eli needs a haircut today because he has school pictures this week. The kids need to do laundry to prepare for school.

Lisa- I'm so jealous of those temps! They are still going back and forth on the track but it's definitely coming our way, it's just still undecided as to where exactly it's going to hit in the island chain.
    Lana- I hope the roads clear before work tomorrow!
    Hi Lucie!
    Carrie- Feel better!
    Pam- Stay warm!

Enjoy your day!

8. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone. We had church this morning. DS and family had a wake to go to this morning and a birthday party at 2, so they're coming for supper instead of lunch today. I finally got around to taking the sheets off the bed from when Dniece and her BF stayed the night. I would like to find a different set of sheets for it...something in a print. I have plants I need to transplant. I may get that done before we go back to church tonight.

It's cooler here today...mid-80...and supposed to be only in the 70s tomorrow. That's going to feel cold since we've been in the mid to upper 90s almost every day. lol

Hope you all have a great afternoon.

9. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon its 68 but raining off and on but at least its not hot. have some windows open. suppose to have rain all week hope everyone will be safe in this weather

10. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning my friends.
    It is a cool one here this morning. I forget that it is still very early Spring so should still expect some cool mornings.
    Up earlier as I have to get to work earlier to meet the technician who will change our cabling etc. Means I will have no phone, bank machine or modem. Why CW booked it for today is beyond me as Monday is always the busiest day of the week.

Another busy week here, they are certainly getting busier as we head towards Christmas. I am deep cleaning every room and trying to get as much prep done now as I can. I know that we are all in that mindset now. Anything we can do now to make December easier.
    Anyway, hoping that you are all well, safe and dry.

Have a great day.

11. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Evening!
    Washed & changed my bedding today. did some more laundry. cut up cantaloup and pineapple. been crafting felt ice-cream cones mostly. Had fondue for supper as per ds's girlfriend's wish.

'Night

12. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Cleaned the dining table.

Made 2 Peanut Butter pis and sent one home with Greg and the other will take to work tomorrow. Don't need it here.

Had pork steaks, fried potatoes, corn on cob, broccoli/cheese noodles.

It is about 6:45 and getting ready to shower.

Have the LOL Doll fabric in dryer.

13. teachermomof2

It's still raining. I think we've gotten at least 5 1/2 inches of rain today. Roads are flooded, flooded basements and the river is rising an inch an hour, which means it could be over its banks tomorrow morning. It's not expected to stop until tomorrow afternoon. Several of the roads to school are already closed. Not sure what to expect for tomorrow regarding school.

We did a whole lot of nothing today. After lunch, h left for work and school. Then I took a nap while the comforter and drapes washed and dried and football was on tv. We had a light dinner. Now we are reading and getting ready for tomorrow.

Have a blessed evening!

14. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Lisa- Stay safe with all that rain and flooding!!
    Lana- PB pie sounds delicious!
    Lucie- I read that you were craving felt ice cream cones. LOL
    Jane- Are you transplanting from seed? If so, how big do you let them get before you transplant?

We've just hung out all day. The girls made brownies and then disappeared. I had to text DD to come get them out of the oven. Then she was gone again. Eli was outside as well most of the afternoon but him and friend's son came here for lunch. LOL DD is still outside and DH and Eli are gone to get haircuts. I'm watching a scary movie called Mara that DH downloaded.

I need to get dinner started. I was going to make sheetpan chicken fajitas but am thinking that I don't have enough tortilla shells so need to move on to something else on my list. I need to get Eli's laundry in the washer as well.

I downloaded an ebook from the library and bought a book on B&N. I put several ebooks on hold through the library too. I need to study and take the practice assessment before I take the preassessment but I guess i'll do all that tomorrow and then take the preassessment on Tuesday and depending on how I do on that schedule my assessment for later in the week. I'm ready to be done with this class!

15. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Lana, dinner sounds delicious, I am getting hungry.
    Still here at work, it has been a long day. Cable guy got here at 10 and it was a quicker process than I thought. Hopefully the physios can still log on from home.
    Another hour or so and I will be on my way home.
    Talk to you all tomorrow, stay safe.

16. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Jess, they're plants I bought from Home Depot. They came in 4-inch pots. I'm transplanting them into large urn-type planters I bought last year from Dollar General.

MrsSoup likes this.