Sunday Chit-Chat 5-6-18

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by teachermomof2, May 6, 2018.

1. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good morning!

2. teachermomof2

Things are getting green here....warmth and rain will do that. I love it! It's a rainy, gray day here. We went to early mass. I'm planning Chicken and dumplings for dinner before we head to dance for the evening. Then I need to do some prep for school.

Hope you have a quiet, restful day!

3. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

I was up and going early this morning. No special reason. lol

I was thinking it might be a nice day to take DD clothes shopping. Then she go up. She wasn't even up the stairs before she was demanding her medications. Then she argued that there wasn't any cream cheese (which I could see when the refrig door was opened). So after about 20 minutes of this I decided today wasn't going to be a shopping day. lol Will try another day.

I did find two totes that I forgot to unpack yesterday so that's on the top of my list this morning. Might be more barns. I think Dh wanted to go to Lowes or Menards today so maybe I will go with him.

Wishing all a good start on getting plans layout for the coming week. I need to do menu planning today.

4. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! It is cloudy and cooler. Supposed to be nicer tomorrow

So much for burning the candles at both ends - I suffered through last night with a head cold and soreish throat so today will not be a day to visit DS and DDIL since they are going to Europe next week. So I am grumpily doing laundry and catching up at home. Can barely keep my eyes open.

Yes Jane, we will go grey together - it is easier for blondes, though
    Diedra - excellent garage sale!
    Lisa - a peaceful day to you too

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  5. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

Yesterday was a full day. DD and I had a good time at Sea Life Park, but the activities were scheduled until after the Girl Scout events so we didn't really get to explore the park until after that. They scheduled a dolphin show and then the girls had to rehearse, have the ceremony to get their "awards" and then it was lunch and we were done. So we walked around the park a bit then and watched a bigger dolphin and Whalphin (the only one of its kind) show and then left. We stopped with the other two families from her Troop for ice cream on the way home. We got home between 2:30-3 and DH and Eli weren't home yet. I called and DH said they were getting ice cream.

Yesterday morning after we left and DH left to go do the boating license, somehow the dogs got the back door open and the boys were upstairs and didn't realize. DH called when he got home to tell me that when he got home the door was locked and he asked the boys why and then found out the story. There were hundreds of flies in the house by the time he got home. He killed as many as he could before him and Eli had to leave. I started killing more when we got home. Ugh! We just about have them all gone. There are still a couple I see here and there and i'll get those too. My guess is that a cat came into the backyard and the dogs went crazy jumping on the door and it slid open.

I went out last night with a friend to a ladies night dinner. We were supposed to go to a Mexican restaurant for Cinco de Mayo, but they changed the location and we ended up at a place i've been a couple times that doesn't serve any Mexican food at all. I was a bit disappointed. Had I known that when she invited me I probably would have stayed home. But I had a good time and the ladies were great.

I think we're heading to the beach today...finally, after a long, rainy winter season. The sun is shining and it's beautiful out. Hopefully when we get back i'll have time to go ride a little before I have to take DD for her MRI on her ankle.

Jane- We won't get any ash but we will get VOG. It's a shield volcano so it doesn't have explosive eruptions that would spread ash like that, although it is one of the largest volcanoes in the world. The Hawaiian volcanoes are all shield volcanoes so they really just flow lava, they don't blow their tops or anything like that. They do create fissures in the ground where the lava will spew up from and they pop up in random places, that's the problem right now.
    Lisa- Dinner sounds good!
    Diedra- Congratulations on a very successful yard sale!
    Debbie- Feel better!

Enjoy your day!

6. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone. I was going to go to the Crowville house and hang curtains, but in all the shuffling of cars and keys, the keys to the house are mis-laid somewhere. I had them and my mom needed them, so I gave them to her. She thought she returned them to me, but I don't recall that. I've looked several places they should be if she did, and they aren't there. An insurance adjuster is coming to look at the roof and we want some curtains on the windows in the dining room. My mom isn't officially living there and they could claim it's uninhabited if it appears that way...they have before and wanted to drop her insurance.

DD25's car goes in the shop tomorrow. The rental is paid by insurance through Wednesday. I know the car won't be ready by then, so I'm sure we'll have to pay a few days on it. I think I may appeal it because technically, I've needed the rental since April 14th when it happened, but didn't get it until May 2nd. The way I see it, I saved them a lot of money by waiting for their adjuster to come look at it before I rented one.

I think I'm going to take a nap. After church tonight, I'll go grade papers at the school. 13 more days of school!!!

Diedra, poor Vanessa. I hope she went back to bed or something so her mood improved.
    Debbie, oh, no! Hope you get to feeling better. The crazy weather doesn't help it.
    Jess, glad you enjoyed the night, even though it wasn't what you had expected. I can't stand flies!!! Yuck!
    Lisa, chicken and dumplings sound good. Does H finish up this week?

Have a happy day, everyone.

7. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    It sound like you are all having a busy Sunday.
    Monday here and week 2 of extended days. Hopefully boss has decided on who she would like to hire and we can get the wheels in progress. I will use the extra time at work to trawl through the big to do list that I have there.
    It is a bit colder here this morning, if I was home for longer I think the heating would be on. We are well into Autumn with Winter officially starting on June first so will get colder every day.
    Well better go and get the day started, hope that you all have a wonderful evening.
    Much love,

8. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Good evening. It has been a wonderfully peaceful day. The dgkids went to a birthday party at the park a block away and dd & dsil slept.

Years ago I saw Journal Jar prompts on one of the Christmas sites, and I took a year or so and answered all the questions, one a day. I wrote much more than simple answers since I wanted it to be my personal history. They filled a huge 3-ring binder. Today I started re-reading them. It has been fun reading and reminiscing. Some day I would like to scan my pictures and add them, but it will probably never happen.

It sounds like dinner is ready, and I will do some embroidery afterward. Have an enjoyable night.

Last edited: May 6, 2018
    luludou likes this.
  9. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Afternoon!

The beach was beautiful this morning, so glad we made it. We went to a secret beach I heard about and it didn't disappoint. We stayed until just after 11 and then came home and changed and went to grab lunch. Dropped DS off for a haircut and went to the PX and then came home. DH is taking DD to her MRI on the bike. When they get back DH and I will go for a ride. I didn't get to ride my bike this weekend, maybe one evening this week.

We got a letter in the mail that DD was accepted into AVID next school year. Not exactly sure what it is but she's excited about it. I thought it was like a gifted and talented program but she says it's not. She said she had to apply for it and interview. Exciting!

Sending love to all!

10. PamelaG

PamelaG Well-Known Member Staff Member

The Journal Jar project sounds interesting. That would be fun, were they Christmas-specific questions? Do you still have a link to the site?

11. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

I googled journal jars, and several sites popped up. This is the one I used, by Cynthia Ewer - they are general questions - christmas.organizedhome.com. I have made several kits for my adult kids & friends. There are also kids' kits which I gave my dgkids. Somewhere I also found a set of Christmas questions. I think it was also something by Cynthia Ewer.

12. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone. DH and I went to the school after church. I feel like I have my feet under me, now, for when I walk in, in the morning. I checked my email while I was there, and the craziness continues. We're going to have to sign out if we leave for anything during the day (I sometimes run to the bank or post office during my planning period) and may be docked for the time we miss. Neither the post office or bank lobby are open before or after school hours. I suppose they don't realize this will only increase the amount of teacher absenteeism, not reduce it. A time as short as 10 minutes away may cause us to be docked 1/4 of a day. I don't think that's legal, and I'm going to check into it.

I talked to DD25. She'll finish up on the 16th, and she's ready! She's taking one class this summer and going to do another practica over the summer at an intervention center for unwed pregnant teens. I hope to go stay with her a few times over the summer and help her get better organized. She's been going to counseling and they want her to see someone for depression. We'll see how it goes. It makes me sad to think she may be diagnosed with it, but with prayer and faith, we'll get through it.

GrammaDeb, I admire that you did that. I hope you get to add pictures like you want to. I've looked at it, but never seem to have the time to complete it.
    Jess, let us know what AVID is when you find out more.
    Katrina, hope the longer hours are short-lived. It's nice to hear about the weather getting cooler! Unfortunately, it means we're heating up! ;)

Night, everyone...time to wind down and get ready to sleep.

13. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

14. teachermomof2

Jane...H finished up on Wednesday. He is home for the summer now. He starts his job at a dairy farm this week.

sweetpumkinpye likes this.