Sunday, December 1, 2019

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Pam Spaur, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning, friends!

2. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Here we go! The beginning of December! Wow! November just flew by, didn't it? It was over before it started,so it seems.

I am lying in bed with my iPad. All is quiet. Just the light from it is all I need. I will love this when I have Christmas lights on. If that ever happens. Lol

MJ and I had a great time at the party, and stayed the whole time! I visited with several people. And so did she, but she doesn't get around that much, so she just stayed at a table. A gentleman at out table got her a cup of coffee. We didn't realize that there would be food, so we ate before we got there! Bummer. But we had a delicious bowl of veggie soup at our fave diner! It was so good! I ate that one time years ago, and most of the bowl was a great big hunk of cabbage. I don't like cabbage. I don't eat that crap. But this was chock full of chunks of veggies, and on a cold rainy day, it was good!

We had quite a day of it. Went to her house in the county to pick up mail. Then to $ General, the bank, and gas. We were getting hungry by then, so stopped at McD's. I drove across the street to the parking lot of the clinic where I go to the doctor, etc. we ate and just rested. Then I took her home. Since her grandson is not there, (he went to Ohio for Thanksgiving with his girlfriend), I had too unload her stuff and take it up on the porch. And then unloaded her walker. That is a chore by itself. So by the time I got home, I I was exhausted! Just watched t.v. And checked email and stuff. Was asleep shortly after 11.

I think I might try for a little more sleep since I woke up shortly before 5 this a.m. It is now almost 6! So I wish you a wonderful Sunday, the first of December!. I have church this a.m. Looking forward to that. Love to all! Stay safe and be blessed!

teachermomof2 and Ahorsesoul like this.
  3. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

I am up dressed for church and waiting for the time to leave.

I worked on at decorating all day yesterday. I am not done but absolutely love what I have done. I still have the mantle and banister to do. I have plans to do the kitchen in a more than I normally do but will see how my energy holds out.

Good Morning Pam and all to come.

teachermomof2 and Ahorsesoul like this.
  4. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Not much Extra snow overnight. It is starting to snow which should keep up most of today. It is just blow freezing but feels like 15. At least according to my App. I’m staying inside today where it’s 73.

Got a shower in this morning so I have something done. Oh I did start the vacuum before the shower so I guess I’ve gotten a lot done. lol Enjoy

5. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Morning!

I am up and have eaten breakfast. Teigan stayed and she is eating. I have Twas The Night Before Christmas On but she said to change it so will see.

Jingles, the elf came here this a.m.. He also brought her a long flannel Rudolph gown. She asked if she didn't get a box to punch in and get a toy out. I always get an Advent calendar. Told her no not here--so don't think she has one. It is at Jays.

Guess I will go see what will be done today!

Pam, glad you and MJ enjoyed the day.

Jody, good job on decorating.

Have a GREAT day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  6. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha and Happy December!

Our new elf, Jack and his llama, Hank, came this morning. They are patiently waiting under the big tree for the kids to wake. They have a letter explaining who they are and what happened to our other elves. They came bearing a ceramic hot cocoa canister and a big container of hot cocoa. :) Eli drinks hot chocolate all the time and DD will drink it occasionally. Maybe she'll drink it more now that it's December and she's out of her tea. haha Our advent calendar has the Hershey kisses in it as well. I didn't buy the cheap chocolate filled ones this year because they don't really eat them, well Eli does but the other two, DD doesn't like them and DS always forgets. I did get Eli and DD 15 days of socks so need to time those out and I picked up DS 9 pairs of socks because his socks are super expensive.

It's raining here this morning. I'm going to finish up my week's homework today and then work on math. DD asked yesterday if we could actually do something today but i'm not sure what she wants to do. I'll play Yahtzee with her maybe. LOL Or I would love to start a puzzle. She's done two of hers this weekend on the kitchen table, they need to be put away. I need to come up with a meal plan actually. Everyone is tired of eating whatever because no one is eating leftovers but me. DH is eating the chicken. I need to try on my red shirts and make sure they fit since I work tomorrow morning and make sure the kids understand that I will be at work and they can't text me, or if they do text or call me that I can't answer. They will need to text or call DH if something serious.

Pam- Vegetable soup does sound good! I make a hamburger stew that is really good, think i'll put some meat out to thaw today so I can make some. It's full of vegetables.
    Jody- Will you post photos somewhere of your decorations? I want to do more to my kitchen too but not sure if I will or not. One year I put ribbon down the center of my cabinets. I've seen on a page on FB some are putting very small wreaths on their cabinets, it's cute. I have colored lights on top now. One year here on MHH, we did a tour of homes (photos) to see the decorations but I don't remember if we shared blog links or how we did it. It was fun.
    Diedra- Enjoy your snow and balmy 73* inside. :)
    Lana- Our elf came today too!

Enjoy your day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  7. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good morning friends!

It's cold....30* and pouring down rain, which means ice, too. The trees look lovely with the ice on the branches....just hope it stops before things start snapping and falling onto the power lines.

I was up early to go to mass. Mass was said by candlelight. A vehicle crash took out the power early this morning. It was a nice change of pace. I prefer it over the usual routine. We stopped at DG for batteries and I walked out with batteries, a buffalo check throw and reindeer clip magnets....lol. I made breakfast for everyone and now it's just odds and ends. H returns to school today. J is working on the dishwasher, but soon we will start the tree. i hope! ;)

We cancelled our family pics due to the weather. Not sure what I'll do for the Christmas card. Guess I'll putter around with that today, along with some school stuff for the new month!

Pam...sounds like a great day!
    Lana...I loved long nightgowns when I was a child.
    Jody....sounds beautiful!
    Diedra...sounds like you are recovering nicely!
    Hi Jessica!

Have a blessed day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  8. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! It is cold and rainy with snow expected later, then rain, then snow. Confusing.

Good to be home! Watched "It's a Wonderful Life" last night, which is part of our holiday tradition.

Started organizing my gifts! Can't find some socks for DS and one of those corded bracelets for DH.

Picked up Buffy and got bagels. Believe it or not DH just turned on a Christmas movie! I didn't say a word! It is "Christmas in Vermont".

We plan to take Buffy for her photo with Santa tonight. I also hope to decorate today - first take down the fall stuff

Pam - so glad you and MJ had a good day. She is so fortunate to have a friend like you
    Jody - keep up the good work
    Lisa - candlelight Mass sounds lovely. Is it done throughout the holiday season?
    Jess - an elf and a llama! I have a Hanukkah llama that sings!
    Diedra - you do get a lot done but remember to pace yourself
    Lana - what a great elf Teigan has!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  9. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

good morning all,
    It is so cold here, yesterday was the first day of Summer. I have woken this morning to rain, hopefully it is falling to the East of us to help ease a bushfire.
    Work today, not sure what will greet me. I know I need to send out the accounts for the month and I need to finish writing out the Christmas cards. The rest will be a surprise.
    Home tonight and I will turn on the tree lights and enjoy a quiet evening in front of the TV.
    Best get moving, I hope that you are enjoying the 1st of December!!!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  10. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

I am at a breaking point so thought I would check in.

Ryan only worked this a.m. and is cleaning his room now. Thank Goodness!

Allen went to see Aunt Imogene and I finished the painting of 4 globes. Doing CTB (Community Trust Bank) for the branches (3). I think they are slightly crooked but Allen, Ryan and mom said they are okay-----

Later tonight hoping to take 2 to a coworker (1 for her and the branch), some reindeer feed for her grandkids and then a gift for Salvation Army for her to take to the branch and some stuff she ordered from Teigan. Then tomorrow will take other 2 globes and reindeer feed for 2 branches.

Then hoping to mail a package to Iowa, and the Christmas cards to Canada tomorrow.

Tuesday maybe take the beauty shop their gifts.

Need to drop a few books by the library too.

Move some stuff on out of here!

Recording some Christmas shows on Freedom now.

FedEX delivered a Kohls order awhile ago. I heard a knock on the the door and when I went and looked the boxes were there and Fed Ex was leaving the driveway.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  11. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Lana - relax!
    Katrina - stay warm even if it is the first day of summer;)

Made turkey soup, did 3 loads of laundry, got all my baking stuff into their canisters and decorated the mantle and the dining room table. Will try and do my cards tonight as I am way behind.

Depending on the weather I will or will not go into the city to meet my friend for lunch.

Finishing up the soup. Don't know if Buffy will go to Santa tonight or not.

12. MrsSoup

Afternoon!

I have been doing homework. I did take a break for a shower and did my makeup. I have a sample of a Clinique foundation that i'm trying out to see if I like it before I buy it so needed to wear it today (wore it yesterday afternoon too). I'll wear it tomorrow as well to make triple sure before I go buy it when I get a chance this week. So far i'm liking it. I also tried a halo effect with my eye makeup like my friend showed me yesterday. The homework is slow going with the kids home and there's just a lot of reading.

Eli has been outside most of the day. I did make him put his laundry in when he came in. DS and DD went to pickup coffee (I ordered online) and then pizza (DS ordered online). I had leftover noodles for lunch. Guess I better get back to my homework.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  13. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hello, everyone.

I was very lazy all day yesterday. I shopped some online and looked at ideas for the house that we are most likely buying - hope to hear from the bank tomorrow.

Today was a busy day. We went to church this morning, ate lunch at DS's house. I took hot dog stuff for a quick lunch today. I went to a friend's house who has a sawmill and picked out wood for countertops. He said the wood will have to cure for a couple of months. We ran by Walmart and I picked up some things we were out of and a few things to fill in the menu plans for this week. We had finger foods after church tonight, because we had hanging of the green, so I mad stuff for that and it was time to go back to church. I cleaned up the kitchen, and here I am.

Jess, I get tired just reading about how busy you are all the time.
    Debbie, even though you say you're way behind, it sounds like you have a very productive day today.
    Lana, you're always so thoughtful toward others making food all the time and taking it. Sounds like Teigan has a very generous Elf.
    Katrina, I hope the rain is going the best direction to help with the fire. An evening watching movies and relaxing sound like something good to help you stay occupied. Still hoping things are okay for DH.
    Lisa, there's just something about candlelight services. Hope the roads are safe tomorrow and no one loses electricity.
    Diedra, I was wondering how the snow was affecting your area. Considering you hand is incapacitated, I'd say you've done well with what you've gotten done.
    Jody, I think minimal decorations with what you love is better than over the top with things you only like!
    Pam, sounds like a productive day for you and MJ. You be sure to be careful when you're out and about helping her.

I'm off to an early bedtime tonight. Goodnight, friends. I'm thankful for you all.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  14. sweetpumkinpye

Miss Jane. Rest well you are certainly busy as usual
    Lana, just breathe. All the important things will get done
    Debbie. Cardigan weather today. Nice to snuggle under a blanket with the tree lights on

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  15. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

Hi. I slept almost all day, trying to get over this crud. I was up long enough to shower, eat breakfast/lunch (bowl of cereal & Fritos w/bean dip - haha) and back to bed. Dsil fixed pizza for dinner (my night to cook) - I ate a couple pieces and will be back in bed soon. 5 am will come early.

Christmas presents just aren't happening this year...$$ it will be, tucked in Christmas cards. My kids will not be happy with $$ - they prefer handmade gifts, but dgkids prefer $$. I did order an office chair online for dh, on Black Friday (saved $140)...big & tall size...it should be here on the 10th. I have gifts for dgkids we live with, still need to find some things for dd & dsil.

I need to clean the kitchen and then I'm off to bed. Have a good night.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  16. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

I know I said breaking point, but I meant just taking a break-----not that I was over doing it. LOL! Bad choice of words on my part. This year I am behind on cleaning but ahead on getting stuff done and having things more thought out.

Teigan and I wrapped all the great nieces, nieces and nephews presents this a.m.. Have the great nephews to do.

My friend really seemed to love the globe I took her. She gave me a dirty look when I was handing her everything else and then had a bag left. A few years back we decided not to exchange anymore. She has 4 grandkids and 2 kids with spouses. But I thought she would like this so......

After getting home and finishing a couple things, I showered and then did some stuff for Aunt Imogene and wrote some of our bills out. Have a couple addresses to locate for Aunt Imogene but I FB messaged a cousin so hopefully the next day or 2 she will get them for me. Have to get some new bills for her---which is hard to come by at times.

It is almost 10:30 so I am turning in.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  17. sweetpumkinpye

Lana, lol I now see what you mean.

Work is finished for the week, I left an hour earlier than normal but the traffic was horrendous, just on peak hour.
    Got home and DD is here with her dog, BF is picking up pizza on his way over so a nice surprise.
    Means though that there will be no snuggling on the couch reading or TV watching until they have gone home.

Hoping that you are all warm and well,
    Speak tomorrow,

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  18. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

I'm intrigued, what did happen to your other elves? I feel like maybe they met some unfortunate end lol.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  19. MrsSoup

Hahaha, they are taking a break as every elf earns one after being with a family for so long and then they will be reassigned to a new family next year. ;)

PamelaG likes this.