Sunday, February 9th, 2020

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Good Morning!

2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Getting ready to get breakfast so popped in.

It is raining. Suppose to be about 52 today.

Yesterday a.m. before work I went to DG at Nashville to get a card to send to a co-worker and the manager said don't you by depends for someone in your family and I said my great aunt. She said large and Xlarge were on clearance so I got 4 packs for $34. Would normally be over $80. I really like her.

Cleaned some yesterday and then made chili. Teigan came by after they ate at Taco Bell, went swimming at the rec center, and got ice cream. She said maybe I will stay and we said that is fine. We played dolls. Jaymee went to shower and came for supper and asked Teigan you want to come home and she said gma and I need to play.

Front room is almost done to the point of going thru the toys.

Have a GREAT day everyday!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  3. girlsinmo

girlsinmo Well-Known Member

Good day everyone. Today is my granddaughters 19th birthday. Seems like just yesterday she was born. We'll be having a small family meal celebration this afternoon. I pray the day goes how she'd like it to.

Lana I love hearing about the things you & Teigan do. Grandchildren are so precious.

Praying everyone has a good day..

Lana and Ahorsesoul like this.
  4. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

The luau last night was fun, DS went with us since DD couldn't so the ticket didn't go to waste. He was feeling up to it so hopefully that means he can go back to school this week. We did some of the activities and I kicked myself for not realizing that some of them would expect tips (the other place we went with my mom didn't) so I didn't have any cash and we didn't find the ATM until everything was shut down, so some of them we didn't do. I did buy our entry photo because it was good and we got 3 of them for $15, so they can each take one home and we can keep one. Everyone brought DD back their leis and DS used his card that we got to buy her a turtle thing from the gift shop. DH video chatted with her for part of the show.

I woke up with a headache even though I took Ibuprofen before bed and my nose is super stuffy and runny at the same time. There were a few times during the night that I felt hot but was cold at the same time so i'm hoping i'm not (or wasn't) fevered and coming down with whatever. Time will tell. The guys have gone to do a sunrise hike at the Makapu'u Lighthouse. I decided to stay home. We are going to the beach later this morning for a while. If DD can't go, I may stay home with her but we'll see. DS won't go so he'll be here, but I feel bad that we're doing all these things without her, but we also can't not do anything because they are only here for a short time.

Lana- That is a good deal!
    Tricia- Happy Birthday to Ashley!

Enjoy your day!

5. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    It is still raining here, it is a lovely sound, we have not had this much rain in a very long time. The downside of the rain is I am driving DH's car to work today and tomorrow. It is a bigger car and I do not drive it often, I am a little nervous.
    After work will swing by DD's, we try to walk at least once through the week but depending on the rain may not walk tonight. I need to bring Granddog home with me as DD and DFSIL are having a real estate inspection tomorrow and it is better if the dog is not there.

Jess, the luau looks like a good night. I am not sure but I think that that is the luau that DD and I attended when we were in Hawaii.

6. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

On my phone so will be quick.
    Katrina yay for the rain
    Jess hope dd feels better
    Lana nice for her to help with the sales
    Tricia. Happy birthday to ashley

Was fun having xavier over. Slept from 9:30 to 4:30. Some milk and then woke at 7:30
    Kids came for lunch and all left at 2:00. Picking up

Ahorsesoul and Lana like this.
  7. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Front room is done except thru the toys and throws have to be washed. Also cleaned the kitchen island and the bar off.

We let the parakeets loose and then put one back in and then the other went in.

Ryan is cleaning in his room. Took his bed apart and used sweeper, washing alot of clothes that haven't been worn in awhile and throwing stuff away.

I always seem to miss the Christmas movies on Thursday and Friday night but have been watching the love ones today while cleaning.

This a.m. unloaded/loaded and ran dishwasher and hand washed some and dried and put away.

Allen saw Aunt Im and then he got 3 breakfasts from the Fireman Breakfast.

I guess I will go shower.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  8. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hello, everyone.

We went to Sunday school, but DH didn't stay for church. I expect the succession to be filed on the house this week, so we need to get the new house to a point the appraiser can come. DH came home and cleaned in our yard since we're right next door and that may affect the appraisal value. It's been so wet that our yard was a mess! It was just above 70° today and partly cloudy, so a nice day to work outside. It's supposed to start raining tomorrow and rain through Wednesday. We're predicted to get 3-5 inches of rain.

I painted the front door Saturday, rehung some curtains, and did some other things at the new house that don't make it feel as if I accomplished much, but were things that had to be done. I was awake for about two hours last night. I got up and packed some boxes - batteries and flashlights, stationary type stuff, and crafting stuff. Today, after church, I painted the second coat of paint on the bathroom and rehung the towel rod. The bathroom is finished. Other than hanging the new front door, sweeping, and mopping, things are about done at the new house.

I picked up my sycamore slabs of wood for the kitchen counter tops yesterday. We won't do anything with that until after the appraiser comes and the house is officially in our name. My friend who cut them for me is leaving to work in Washington state for four months. (thought of Pamela) He called and said I probably wanted to go get them since he's going to be gone so long. Got 5 slabs, 72-inches long, 1 1/2 inch thick for $100.

DGS#1 is sick. I went and stayed with DGS#2 for about two hours yesterday so DDIL could take DGS#1 to the doctor. DS was at a coach's clinic in Texas.

It should be a busy week at work this week. Several challenges to work through this week, but that's alright. I need to get our tax things together and get them to the tax preparer.

Myron's Mom, sorry about Sebastian. You'll be lost for a while.
    Lana, you've been so busy keeping up with things at the house and entertaining Teigan. It's a good thing you have a day off during the week.
    Katrina, you'll get used to the car in no time. When will you decide about which car you'll buy?
    Lucie, I can think of no better way to spend a day than keeping DGS!
    Tricia, happy birthday to Ashley!
    Jessica, y'all are packing in a lot of things while DFIL and DBIL are there! I hate that DD is sick and not getting to be a part of the fun. Hope you aren't getting what she has.

I'm off to bed. Haven't been sleeping well. If I awaken during the night, my mind clicks on and won't shut off, thinking about things concerning the new house.

Hope you all have a great night!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  9. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

Hello. It was COLD today!! The temp wasn't bad, but it was snowing on the mountains and the wind blew that cold air right to us. After church I had lunch and went to bed to warm up. Took a 4-hour nap, woke up achy all over and with a huge cold sore. I am not impressed. I got up to a huge mess of dirty dishes in the sink, got those cleaned up, and now I'm off to bed again. I sure didn't get much accomplished today! Sleep well.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  10. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

DH has applied for finance and we are waiting for the insurance refund to be deposited in the bank. then we will know how much we have to purchase a new car. I am still deciding between 3 cars, I have asked DFSIL to do some research and give me his opinion.

Ahorsesoul likes this.