Sunday July 14th, 2019

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Good Morning!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Been up for awhile.

Allen is seeing Aunt Imogene. He took her car since it hasnt been drove for awhile. Teigan and I are getting ready to play barbies.

Will be hot out again.

Allen will bale today. Was letting it completely dry (he hopes).

Hope to work in room some more and maybe make some zucchini bread. Greg brought us more. :)

Have a GREAT day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  3. girlsinmo

girlsinmo Well-Known Member

Good morning Lana. Lana how old is Teigan now? I am so far behind Ashley turned 18 this past Feb. Where does the time go?

My sleep schedule, such as it was, is all out of whack. I have been up since before 5 a.m CST I think I will need a nap soon.

Have a great day all.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  4. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

DH is off to work and I need to feed the dogs and grab more coffee. My friend is supposed to text me when she's up and ready for a visitor this morning. She called last night to thank me for the flowers. I will go chat for a bit this morning before I have to leave for my hair appointment. DD is going to a birthday party for one of the girls that came to hers. The girl pretty much copied DD's entire party down to the beach they are going to. The only difference is that they are going to a mall after. DD doesn't want to sleepover though so she will come home. I'm glad because I don't really know these people. I have my hair appointment at 1. I still have some work to do around the house today. Ceiling fans and the front room are top priority, the rest you can't really see so if I don't get to it then it will be fine.

I want to clear the kitchen counters...again, and hopefully keep them that way. That will depend on the rest of the members of the household. The kids need to clean their rooms and their bathroom. Although i'm sure DH will go in and scrub it before Tuesday.

Lana- Barbies sound fun! Yum zucchini bread!
    Tricia- Is Ashley still doing photography?

Enjoy your day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  5. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Hello, everyone. Just time for a quick note. Samuel won a scholarship for one year's tuition at Olivett! I want him to go to a different one, but it is not up to me. I am very proud of him, and wanted to share the good news!

N is coming for lunch and I need to finish up some stuff before he gets here. I am tired from all I did yesterday that tortured my back some. I did visit Paris. Now to empty the trash and do a few dishes. I have some HUGE bakers to put in the oven. These taters will need at least an hour to bake. I will finish them off in the microwave if necessary.

It would is hot, but at least the humidity does not seem to be as high.Thank the Lord. I really do not care for summer, but I HATE winter the most. Spring is my favorite season. I feel that the Lord rewards us with all the greenery and flowers after a rough winter!

I need to get busy now. Stay safe and be blessed. TTYL

luludou and Ahorsesoul like this.
  6. girlsinmo

girlsinmo Well-Known Member

Light misty rain here and clouds moving in. I post a pic on my fb page. Our lights have flickered some today I pray they stay on.

Jess yes she is still doing photography but has slowed down taking a break. I think she almost got burn out on it.

Pam congrats to Samuel. I also dislike Summer, Fall is my favorite season of the year

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  7. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

Hello. I haven't even checked the temperature. I already know it's hot. For me, summer is just to be endured.

I got up and hard-boiled a dozen & a half eggs - will fix deviled eggs this afternoon, and the rest will be extra protein for the kiddoes when they need it. Dgd wanted big thick pancakes for breakfast, like her daddy makes, with added eggs & vanilla and who knows what else added to the pancake mix. I told her to start cooking...so she did. She was happy with the outcome. We located my breadmaker, and she has a loaf of bread started.

That's about it for me today. I feel like watching a Christmas movie, and I'll crochet. (I still have 3 boxes of candy canes stashed away!) At some point I need to figure out something for dinner.

Have a great day!

8. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone.

We went to church, but I didn't cook. We went out for lunch (DS and family, DH and myself) and we paid. I'm sort of burned out on Sunday menus.

It's gloomy, rainy, windy, and cool. We've gotten almost 3 inches of rain since 6:30 yesterday afternoon. So far, the corn is standing up. Praise the Lord!

I think I have a stye coming on my right eye. It's sore and painful.

Lana, hope you get everything done today and the moisture levels are low enough to cut and bale the hay.
    GrammaDeb, it sounds like DGD is really enjoying learning how to cook. I wonder if that would have happened if you hadn't gone there to live?
    Tricia, I'm right there with you on the sleeping issues. I really need for that to get straightened out. Did Ashley finish her home schooling?
    Pam, congratulations to Samuel. I told my mom I want to start a college fund for DGSs with some of the extra money I'm making. It won't be a lot, but every bit does help.
    Jess, why, oh, why is it so hard to keep the counters cleaned off:eek:?! I think it's a universal problem! I don't understand!!!!! lol

Okay, everyone. I'm off to find something to keep me busy and awake. (Wah....I just want a nap!) LOL!

9. MrsSoup

Went over to see my friend this morning and she is in some considerable pain I think. She was sitting up on the couch with her feet on the couch as well in front of her, pillow propped up behind her and one on her belly. She readjusted several times while I was there. She had a light blanket over her because she had no pants on, any type of bottoms rub on her incisions too much. She has a burn that she showed me all the way around her belly button from one of the instruments they used. She seemed very uncomfortable even after her pain meds. They have her on oxy, Tylenol and Ibuprofen, and Zofran. She said she was dizzy, almost like vertigo. She hadn't yet eaten so I said that hopefully that would go away after she ate. She had a couple hardboiled eggs and then some toast but couldn't finish the toast before she got nauseous. I grabbed the bathroom trash can for her and her husband brought some meds for her, guess it was time. I told her that if her pain continues even after the meds that she needed to call and let the hospital know because they can prescribe something stronger that her husband can go pick up. No need to sit in pain all day. They were giving her a higher dose in the hospital than they sent her home with. I'm a little worried about her as I don't remember being in that much pain after my surgery. I hope she didn't tear something getting up during the night. I think she's going to have a long recovery.

The girls are on their way to the party. My headache is still hanging around even after Ibuprofen, coffee and breakfast. :rolleyes: I think i'll give my mom a call and chat for a bit while piddling around the house. I took out the trash and the recycling, still need to work on the counters. I cleaned one ceiling fan this morning but don't have any more dusters for my long stick thing.

Pam- Congrats to Samuel!
    Deb- I have a bread machine and I always forget that I have it because it's put away. I also never have the powdered milk that most of the recipes call for, wonder if I could just use regular milk?
    Jane- Yay for the corn!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  10. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning to you all,
    Today is my DS 31st birthday, not sure where the time goes.
    Another Monday here and that means off to work, and the last week with having locums and although we have one physio away until mid August we should be back to normal next week.
    I am sleepy and it is so cold here that I could have just rolled over and gone back to sleep. The winds are still howling and I hope that there are no trees down around the area.

Seems like you are all having very busy days and I look forward to reading more when I get home.
    Much love,

luludou and Ahorsesoul like this.
  11. MrsSoup

Katrina- Happy Birthday to your DS!

DD had an asthma attack at the beach today and didn't have her inhaler with her. She went with her friends and her friend's family to the beach for the birthday and I didn't even think to have her take her inhaler. Apparently she thought about it but didn't use it or take it. My stylist was rinsing and then washing my hair after toning it and I got a call from the parents. I couldn't answer because my head was in the sink. I texted and asked if something was wrong and told them I was at the salon and would call back if necessary. I didn't get a response so as soon as she was done washing my hair and I was back in the chair I called. They didn't answer but then called right back. The dad told me what happened and said she was okay now and that they would be heading back up to Schofield shortly and would drop her off to get her inhaler. I finished my hair appointment and called DD when I got out to the car. She was fine and admitted that she had thought about her inhaler but just hadn't used it or taken it with her. I told her that from now on it has to go everywhere with her.

She just walked in and used it and took it with her to go back with her friends. I annotated in my phone what happened and what she told me about how she felt so it's written down somewhere for when she goes back in October. I told her to tell her friends to record her if she has another attack around them. That's what the doctor wanted last time so they can see and hear it.

My head is still hurting so I might try to close my eyes for a few. Eli is supposed to be cleaning his room. My hair is fabulous, as usual.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  12. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Teigan is 5 1/2. Kindergarten when school starts on August 13th.

Congrats to Sam.

Our neighbor bales the couple fields. He will take 3 bales. Allens baler just wasn't taking it for some reason.

Took Teigan home about 5:30 and she went straight into pool.

Going to get some orange juice and turn in.

Night.

13. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

We have been focused on getting the last room painted this weekend. We started Friday just getting the paint and preparing the room. I got up early and scrubbed the walls. All that is left is to do a little touch up painting and I will deep clean the window and tracks. I have to find some inexpensive curtains to put in there as they stay with the house. Am I right on that curtains stay? Will put the room back together slowly as I really want to give it a good cleaning. I will start the 2nd round of decluttering and choose very carefully what goes back. Will go through dressers and closet too.
    It's late and I should be in bed so am heading there. I wanted to stop in and see what all of you are up to. We are home stretch for having the house ready for sale. Will offer it first to neighbors brother, if he says no will list it for 3 months and if it doesn't sell will take it off until spring. Well, that's the current plan. We'll see what the next 2 weeks bring.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  14. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Home from work, DH made a great dinner of chicken burgers and loaded fries with homemade lemonade. DS had a great day, lots of texts.
    Work was good and went quite quickly.
    Going to have a bath and get ready for bed.
    Hoping that you are all sleeping well.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  15. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Katrina happy belated birthday to your son!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  16. MrsSoup

I've never seen curtains stay with a house but we've only purchased one house so... I think that is something buyers can ask to be included in the sale if they want the curtains to stay but it's not expected by any means. I would save your money.

17. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

I found some really inexpensive curtains I can order from Target (with free shipping) and they can stay. Most of the room got new curtains (inexpensive or given to me) I have 2 room with blinds or roman shades that will stay too.

18. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

I wouldn't use money on the curtains. Most people buy new ones because they want ones that go with their decor/taste. I know of very few people who leave curtains....mini blinds/blinds if there are some on the windows, yes, but curtains, no. That's just my twice cents worth.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  19. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

I moved into a home with the curtains already in place....they were custom made draperies. I removed them all. When we moved from our home, I left the custom made blinds, but took all of my draperies and curtains. Curtains are not usually part of the sale, unless it's part of the contract.

My neighbor just sold her house with everything in it except her bedroom suite. So I guess it depends on your situation and the buyer's desires.

Ahorsesoul likes this.